Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Alex Kingston

So, is she or isn't she?

If she isn't, she should be.

The rumors about her with Gillian Anderson are all over. Any others?

by Anonymousreply 4507/08/2013

No clue. I only know she was married to Ralph Fiennes and when someone tried to interview her about him, even though she had remarried and had a child, she burst into tears and wouldn't talk about it. So she still has some baggage there.

by Anonymousreply 108/25/2012

Don't know if Alex dips into the ladypond now and then, but she is gorgeous. Ralph sounds like a bit of a dick (with an enormous dick) in RL.

by Anonymousreply 208/25/2012

Lovely woman, and quite convincing -- not to mention seductive as hell -- playing a lesbian opposite Emilia Fox in the Upstairs, Downstairs reboot.

by Anonymousreply 308/25/2012

Hello, sweetie!

by Anonymousreply 408/25/2012

She's on "Doctor Who", R6, and she's tremendous!

While I have some issues with what's been written for her character, Kingston herself is sexy, funny, mysterious, and fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 708/26/2012

Bump for hot, dykey archaeologist characters.

by Anonymousreply 809/05/2012

River Song is the most tedious character on television, *but* she makes up for it with her fabulosity.

I hadn't known about her marriage to Ralph Fiennes. I wonder if he became unbearable once he became superfamous after Schindler's List.

by Anonymousreply 909/05/2012

She appeared nude in some movie and I was surprised by how gorgeous her body was. Like a statuesque Greek goddess.

by Anonymousreply 1009/05/2012

River Song's timeline from her POV

by Anonymousreply 1109/05/2012

She did NOT ping on Graham Norton. Came across as very lusty (for dick).

by Anonymousreply 1209/05/2012

She looked so incredibly OLD next to Matt"Doctor" Smith. I hate when british broads are touted as "beautiful." She's not. Witty, amusing, erudite ... not beautiful.

Nor is Keira K, or Carry M, or the duchess of wherever and her sister. Attractive. Well dressed. Photogenic. SYNONYMS PEOPLE!

It's their fucking language! Expand the vocabulary. God knows you have so many people BELOW beautiful. Think of it as creative writing. *snort*

by Anonymousreply 1409/05/2012

r14

Newsflash! Not everyone shares your definition of "beatiful"...

by Anonymousreply 1509/05/2012

I have to correct spelling too??? I was talking beaUtiful, not beatiful R15

by Anonymousreply 1609/05/2012

I remember her from her ER days and have always thought she was hot. She still is. I love the fact that on both Dr. Who and Upstairs/Downstairs she plays "An Archeologist" . The former being the sexy wild-child and the later being the more Sapphic variety.

Still hot. Love her.

by Anonymousreply 1704/04/2013

She does seem very flirty in here interviews. She was going on with Craig Fegersun about some "Rabbit" ring she was wearing and they seem to be implying some inside job about the vibrator.

I love women that are not afraid be sexy- not just using it like a tool but sexy- just naturally so. And it takes some work to get there for a woman. You can always tell the difference between a woman who enjoys her own sexuality as opposed to women who feel incline to wear it - like an overcoat - for other people

by Anonymousreply 1804/05/2013

Loved her in CROUPIER with sexy Clive Owen.

I thought she might take off in American based on her role on E.R., but I guess she wasn't the conventionally "pretty" type Hollywood wants.

by Anonymousreply 1904/05/2013

She used to be my neighbor!

Not gay, but a very lovely person.

by Anonymousreply 2004/05/2013

You're right r19. Fortunately, she's not a size 4 so she didn't have a chance to take off in America. Now she's over 40 so the chances are even - um- slimmer.

Our loss indeed.

by Anonymousreply 2104/05/2013

I think she'd be open to it.

by Anonymousreply 2204/06/2013

She was in a couple of episodes on CW's Arrow. Unfortunately she had no scenes with John Barrowman who was on Doctor Who as well.

by Anonymousreply 2304/06/2013

I don't see any many large women on British TV. I don't get these strange British assumptions they make about Americans and Hollywood.

She wasn't denied any opportunities to succeed in the USA. Alex was one of the leads of the then number 1 rated TV show in the US for several years. That show aired around the globe. Would she be getting working now in Britain had that not been the case?

I recall watching Alex on Granham Norton she also made weird assumptions about Americans, as if she hadn't lived there. Its so bizarre how Brits pretend to think they "know" Americans and simultaneously act as if American culture is 100% foreign to them. They switch back and forth depending on which talking point best leads to an insult.

by Anonymousreply 2404/06/2013

[quote]I recall watching Alex on Granham Norton she also made weird assumptions about Americans, as if she hadn't lived there. Its so bizarre how Brits pretend to think they "know" Americans and simultaneously act as if American culture is 100% foreign to them. They switch back and forth depending on which talking point best leads to an insult.

I saw that same episode. The conversation was awkward and made to be more awkward for the sake of humor but what she was asking an American from the South -who lived part time in England- essentially was about preferring Southern cuisine (specifically yams with marshmallows) and enduring a southern warm climate at Christmas as opposed to preferring a "traditional" vision of a snow filled Christmas with Turkey dinners etc. one would count on in England.

I mean, c'mon, yams with marshmallows are just bizarre to Europeans, it's bizarre to some Americans in other areas of the country as well- I can imagine someone living in LA would find it a bit odd. There are a lot of American/Southern culinary inventions that fit in this category.

by Anonymousreply 2504/07/2013

'I don't see any many large women on British TV'

r24 clearly hasn't heard of Dawn French.

by Anonymousreply 2604/07/2013

Who was she talking to from the South R25?

I would think a person from a country who has their own weird foods would refrain from mentioning a weird food from another country.

by Anonymousreply 2704/07/2013

[quote]I only know she was married to Ralph Fiennes and when someone tried to interview her about him, even though she had remarried and had a child, she burst into tears and wouldn't talk about it. So she still has some baggage there.

Didn't he unceremoniously dump her without much explanation?

by Anonymousreply 2804/07/2013

I loved her during her first couple of years on "ER". She was a funny, ballsy and refreshing character who brought out the best in Eric LaSalle's crankypants doctor (she once seduced him by peeling an egg).

Some time after they paired her up with Anthony Edwards, she became this screaming emotional harpie. His character got terminal brain cancer just to get away from her.

Not Alex's fault, though - just bad writing.

by Anonymousreply 2904/07/2013

She is incredibly sexy -- the voice, the smile, the eyes -- she's on the list of women I'd switch for.

The ER writers really put her through the ringer with that horrible daughter of Mark almost ODing her daughter.

But Mark's last episodes with her were incredibly touching. Elisabeth then turned cold, but her first episode back after his death where she moves back to Britain is hilarious, and she has a great scene with a father who loses his entire family to someone who plows them down in the snow.

She's a great actor.

by Anonymousreply 3004/07/2013

[quote]Didn't he unceremoniously dump her without much explanation?

He left her for Francesca Annis. Everyone knew they had an affair when they did Hamlet together, so I am sure Alex did too.

by Anonymousreply 3104/07/2013

Dr who: I get the sense that River Song's character will disappear along with the death of Amy and Rory. It seems a lot of the fans didn't really like the whole 'surprise I'm her Daughter!' arc. and there's no suggestion that Dr. Song will be in the 50th Anniversary show. :( Oh well.

Now she's just a worried Mom on "Arrow"— which look positively hideous. God, I hope she gets a better job. She's good at flirty and campy with a hidden powerful edge. Not "worried Mom."

by Anonymousreply 3204/08/2013

According to the official Dr. Who Magasine, River Song is back for the season finale, 'post-library'. No word on how or what form she is.

There have been some rumors posted that will be a semi-regular companion next year but that source is iffy.

Oh and Moffat has implied that Song will have something with Clara. He's stated outright that River is bisexual- even though she's never shown in on the show. So I'm wondering if Moffat is lending River some of Kingston's quirks?

by Anonymousreply 3305/03/2013

yeah, I fucked her. who can blame me? look at that figure, people!

by Anonymousreply 3406/17/2013

Anyone going to see Kingston and Kenneth Branagh in Macbeth?

At first I thought she was a curious casting but then I read one review that said this version amps up the Lady's sense that power=sexuality angle between the two leads and that made sense.

Sounds fantastic, really.

by Anonymousreply 3507/07/2013

ralph left Alex for Francesca Annis who is 18 yrs older than ralph

by Anonymousreply 3607/07/2013

Maybe Kingston breaks down when asked about Ralph Fiennes because of the cruel way he told her about his affair with Annis.

She said he came breezing in, all happy and excited; she thought he was going to tell her they were going on a vacation. Instead he told her he was in love with Francesca Annis and was leaving her for his 18 years older lover.

Fiennes and Annis were together for about 10 years. Finally his philandering got so out of control that it ended the relationship. He got a lot of bad publicity later on when it came out he'd fucked a flight attendant while on a plane (the flight attendant got fired for her transgression). He sounds like a real dick. But Annis was no angel herself; she dumped her partner of nearly 20 years, the father of her children, for Fiennes. I guess they deserved eath other.

by Anonymousreply 3707/07/2013

r35, I'd like to see Branagh's Macbeth but Alex Kingston as Lady Macbeth makes me hesitate. I couldn't STAND River Song and Kingston's performance really didn't help.

by Anonymousreply 3807/07/2013

r38, Kingston is brilliant in most anything.

If you didn't like River Song, blame the writers, not her.

by Anonymousreply 3907/07/2013

[quote]As with every Shakespearean production I’ve ever seen, different themes/elements are highlighted, and you can discover something new with each performance. Branagh and Kingston really played up the sexual side of the Macbeths’ relationship which, as a soldier returning from war, you would expect to be present. This was made manifest through Macbeth’s first action on his return to his Lady – pinning her against the front bench and hiking up her skirt, mud-sodden at the hem. There was a real energy between the two characters that added something special to the portrayal.

Hot.

by Anonymousreply 4007/08/2013

NT Live will broadcast the Branagh-Kingston Macbeth....

by Anonymousreply 4107/08/2013

Any theaters in the U.S. r41 ?

by Anonymousreply 4207/08/2013

Jeez, is there anyone who didn't have Gillian Anderson? I'm sure that list is shorter.

by Anonymousreply 4307/08/2013

This thread is useless without pics

by Anonymousreply 4407/08/2013

Here's a recent one from the play. A very red Lady Macbeth

She's lost some of her (pot-smoking?) weight she had in the Dr. Who finale.

Looking fine for fifty, I'd say.

by Anonymousreply 4507/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.