Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What is your favorite fast-food or junk food restaurant?

I'm a fan of Sonic because of their chili pie. McDonald's Fajitas are good too though they're only available in select locations. Burger King makes me sick.

by Anonymousreply 14802/20/2015

Krystal hamburgers

by Anonymousreply 108/25/2012

Bojangles fries. And Biscuits.

by Anonymousreply 208/25/2012

Long John Silver's for fast food, and Cheddar's for casual dining.

by Anonymousreply 308/25/2012

Cici's buffet & Good Times.

by Anonymousreply 408/25/2012

In-N-Out, like a mofo.

by Anonymousreply 508/25/2012

Taco Bell for their new high end menu, the vegetarian Cabana bowl. And Wendy's for their salads. I used to go to CiCi's a lot. The pizza is pretty good, could use a better salad bar, but it's ridiculously cheap so no complaints. I've stuffed myself full there for about $3.

I used to go to Sonic a lot for their apple juice slushes until they discontinued them. The food's ok but a bit overpriced, and you have to tip the people who bring the stuff. Not technically, but it's expected. I'd probably go to Dairy Queen occasionally for their soft-serve treats, if there was one located closer.

by Anonymousreply 608/25/2012

Taco Bell for the MexiMelt! Forget high end! Support the fast food items that will survive the coming apocalypse!

by Anonymousreply 708/25/2012

I only go to one fast-food place, just for one thing that's only available in December. I go to Krystal for the eggnog milkquake. It has tons of calories so I skip the next meal. Other than that, I eat healthy and stay slim.

by Anonymousreply 808/25/2012

I used to go Arby's a lot, except a woman at the drive thru window started getting overly familiar with me and it was creeping me out. Every time I went she acted like she was reuniting with an old friend. It's been 5 years or more since I'd go regularly. A tried going back a few times but she was still there. Once I recognized her voice on the intercom and turned around and left without ordering. Another time I tried going to the location across town because I happened to be in the area, and she was there! Apparently she works both stores. I'm probably not the only Arby's customer she's scared off.

by Anonymousreply 908/25/2012

You are weird R7. Big deal, it is not like she is stalking you.

by Anonymousreply 1008/25/2012

Damn, r5, I hear you on Cici's. Went to Cici's for years when I lived in Florida, moved back to Iowa several years ago and right after I moved back, someone opened one in my city. Then it closed two years later because the owner needed to move (ironically) to Florida to take care of family down there. We were pretty devastated.

Cici's Pizza, where we when to make ourselves better by eating a lot of mediocre pizza.

by Anonymousreply 1108/25/2012

R10, I don't think the window lady is the one with the problem.

by Anonymousreply 1208/25/2012

"Other than that, I eat healthy and stay slim."

Who cares? OP asked for your favorite fast food restaurant, not a window into your insecurities.

by Anonymousreply 1308/25/2012

Hold on R10, you would rather drive across town than to get off your ass and go to the counter to avoid the drive-thru girl?

by Anonymousreply 1408/25/2012

TACO BELL!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1508/25/2012

Mon KFC Tues Taco Bell Wed Pizza Hut ( Honey Boo Boo Child's Fav) Thurs Mcdonalds Fri White Castle Sat Burger King Sun Wendys Or Panda Buffet

We feed our family GOOD!!!

by Anonymousreply 1608/25/2012

r14 = 360 lb. tub of lard

by Anonymousreply 1708/25/2012

KFC

by Anonymousreply 1808/25/2012

The only one I frequent on a regular basis is Dunkin Donuts. I love the breakfast sandwich croissants. I'm weak.

by Anonymousreply 1908/25/2012

Think what you want, r13/r11. I've been a regular at a lot of fast food places, and none of the window people acted like I was a long lost friend just because I bought food there regularly. It's not even conceivable to you that she's particularly weird/obnoxious?

r15, I said I happened to be in the area that day. I wouldn't go in because she'd still spot me, but if it was just because I didn't want to "get off my ass" and preferred to go to another drive-thu, that'd be my business.

by Anonymousreply 2008/25/2012

Chick-fil-a

by Anonymousreply 2208/25/2012

R17, Never eaten at White Castle. Details please.

by Anonymousreply 2508/25/2012

KFC.

by Anonymousreply 2608/25/2012

Sonic

by Anonymousreply 2708/25/2012

Popeye's for their spicy chicken and pies. Oh, and the rice and biscuits. I haven't been to a McD's or Wendy's in months. If I want pizza, I'd rather go to a local pizzeria than one of the chains.

by Anonymousreply 2808/25/2012

I used to love Wendy's, but since Dave Thomas died, it's nosedived, and now I can't stand it.

by Anonymousreply 2908/25/2012

Panda Express.

by Anonymousreply 3008/25/2012

Taco Bell, which has a lot of good, inexpensive vegetarian items. The new high end veggie bowl and burrito (that's Cantina, R7) are both pretty good, and quite different from their usual flavor mix.

by Anonymousreply 3108/25/2012

Lord help me, Mickey D's.

McDonald's chicken mcnuggets with hot mustard sauce is my favorite junk food meal.

I have no idea why, but McDonald's cokes are the best ever. They're not too sweet, syrupy, flat or have that weird bitter aftertaste that a lot of sodas have at other fast food places.

And another vote here for Long John Silvers. There isn't one anywhere near where I live now so I haven't had it in years but I can still remember how amazingly good (and greasy!) that batter was.

Oddly enough, I was in the Atlanta airport recently and saw a Arthur Treacher's fish and chip restaurant located there. If I hadn't been late for my flight, I probably would have tried it out of curiosity as I haven't had fast food fish and chips for years.

by Anonymousreply 3208/25/2012

Jack in the Box, God help me. I was able to break my addiction to the Ultimate Cheeseburger, but I still have a weakness for their fucking "tacos", which are only two for a BUCK! I also like the Cajun rice at Popeyes.

by Anonymousreply 3308/25/2012

r33, one of my former business associates used to be a McDonald's franchise owner. McDonald's has a special business arrangement with Coca-Cola. Their reps visit restaurant locations regularly to ensure supreme quality control, such as carbonation percent, serving temperature, and syrup content. It's known as the best fountain Coke anywhere. I don't eat at McDonald's, but I grab a large Coke from the drive-thru now & again. Try it without ice. It is super cold & perfect in every way. High fructose corn syrup is obviously unhealthy, but Coke is my weakness. I try to limit myself to one a week.

by Anonymousreply 3408/25/2012

I love Moe's and Five Guys. Jesus take the wheel.

by Anonymousreply 3508/25/2012

Crew club

by Anonymousreply 3608/25/2012

This one's not for these hot days of August; however, it's well worth remembering for those dead, cold, dark winter nights in January & February:

Wendy's Chili! It's a work of art, a culinary fast-food masterpiece. It's been rated very highly over the years, too. I have a weekly ritual during winter to go to the nearest Wendy's drive-by and ordering three large cups of their chili with extra cheese & onions. I eat one of the chili dishes that night, then put the other two in my freezer for nights when I come home dead-ass tired & don't want to cook. It's a great last-minute 'fix.' Plus, Wendy's chili is fantastic for doctoring up as you see fit ... add extra beans for you bean-heads, cooked pasta for you folks in Cincinnati (yuck!) & extra habaneros & chipotles for all you civilized folk in the Great State of Texas! Yet ANOTHER reason to get through these gawd-awful dog days of August and await another freezing, cold, dark winter night. Yum!!

by Anonymousreply 3708/25/2012

Whataburger

by Anonymousreply 3808/25/2012

Subway--I like to see what I'm getting and although it may not be saying a whole lot, I think it's probably more healthy than McDonald's, KFC or places like that whose profits turn on a vat of hot grease. Generally speaking the staff seems less neurotic at Subway too.

by Anonymousreply 3908/25/2012

What's chili pie?

by Anonymousreply 4008/25/2012

DQ, brazier burgers, Blizzards, mmmmm..

by Anonymousreply 4108/25/2012

[quote]What's chili pie?

One of the few dishes my father could cook

by Anonymousreply 4208/25/2012

I really like Taco Bell. I have it about once per year, which is enough, but I savor every bite.

by Anonymousreply 4308/25/2012

In-n-out or P-Terry's in Austin

by Anonymousreply 4408/25/2012

Just about anything at Subway

Whataburger with cheese

McDonald's Double Cheeseburger

No other fast food will do for me.

by Anonymousreply 4508/25/2012

Sonic used to do a great chili pie burrito... wonder if they still do?

To the person that asked, chili pie is basically fritos covered in chili and cheese. It's delicious.

by Anonymousreply 4608/25/2012

White Castles is like Crystal (sorta). Tiny little square burgers. They are best appreciated when drunk off your ass, late at night. Typically refered to as "Sliders".

by Anonymousreply 4708/25/2012

Taco Bell - been a fan of the Nachos Bell Grande for years.

by Anonymousreply 4808/25/2012

Popeye Chicken is a guilty pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 4908/25/2012

I haven't eaten at a major fast-food chain since reading "Fast Food Nation" years back. Seriously. Its description of the food conglomerates' animal-slaughtering processes alone was enough to put me onto organically fed, grass fed/finished beef forever.

I will *drink* at a fast-food chain, however; when I lived in NYC I frequently stopped in at McDonald's for a fountain Diet Coke, which aren't generally available anywhere else but fast-food places there (bodegas lack fountain sodas, unlike quickie marts everywhere else in the country).

I do, however, eat at smaller chains that serve quality, properly raised cows and chickens. Elevation Burger is one of them, although it's only in a few states. P. Terry's that R45 mentioned is another, although it's only in Austin.

Finally, it fucking nauseates me that so many of you eat at Taco Bell, home of both pink slime and taco meat literally filled with sawdust.

by Anonymousreply 5008/25/2012

[quote]They are best appreciated when drunk off your ass, late at night.

Actually, they're best appreciated while stoned.

by Anonymousreply 5108/25/2012

Hey New Yorkers, heads up!

We all like to get a couple of New York dogs at the Sonic Drive In on Saturday nights! $1.39!

Woo Hoo! Fine dining!

by Anonymousreply 5208/25/2012

[quote]and taco meat literally filled with sawdust.

No, not "literally". It's beef and oats and other things. But not sawdust.

by Anonymousreply 5408/25/2012

I usually hit up McDonalds for breakfast (love their breakfast menu! So yum), then you can usually find me at KFC getting a quick bucket and coke (don't worry, it's Diet!), then DH, DS and the DDs will usually choose alternate between Pizza Hut or Arby's for dinner. Being so busy, it's great to have so many options to choose from in my town! Wow, I'm getting hungry just thinkin about food! LOL!

by Anonymousreply 5508/25/2012

"Finally, it fucking nauseates me that so many of you eat at Taco Bell, home of both pink slime and taco meat literally filled with sawdust."

Basement Fantasies, Part III: Shaking With Rage.

by Anonymousreply 5608/25/2012

Popeye's, especially the mashed potatoes and gravy. In fact, most of the time that's all I get.

by Anonymousreply 5708/25/2012

I love KFC mashed potatoes and gravy.

I love the yeast rolls at golden chick.

I love the spicy chicken and pies at Popeye's (like another poster above)

If only I could get all the stores on one corner, so I could have a full meal.

by Anonymousreply 5808/25/2012

Jack in the Box Tacos my diet food as they give me the shits every time

by Anonymousreply 5908/25/2012

I don't know if they do it everywhere, but in Texas, Jack-in-the-Box does a 'Big Texas Cheeseburger' on their value menu. It's like a buck and a half or something, and it's a big cheeseburger with just mustard and pickle. It's REALLY good. Two and a coke for under five bucks.

Oh yeah, and they have that 150-drinks-in-one-machine thing... you can get one hell of a killer "suicide". I mix up a cherry-lime, or get a vanilla cherry Dr Pepper usually.

by Anonymousreply 6008/25/2012

Which Wich

by Anonymousreply 6108/25/2012

I don't eat a lot of fast food but when I do:

Krystal Cheeseburgers

Firehouse Subs Steamer, Hook and Ladder sandwiches

Chick Fil-A Vanilla milkshake (haven't had one in months and don't plan on having one)

KFC biscuits and mashed potatoes and gravy

Taco Bell Nachos Bell Grande

Stevie B's BLT Pizza

And finally, the loaded biscuit and gravy bowl. A biscuit, sausage and egg smothered in gravy. So damned good I would marry one.

by Anonymousreply 6208/25/2012

Egg Mcmuffins and Whopper Jrs.

by Anonymousreply 6408/25/2012

Beware of long replies or that jackass hall monitor at R22 - r25 will start bashing you.

by Anonymousreply 6508/25/2012

Good call, r62. Which Wich is outstanding. The only drawback is that if you're super hungry after a night of partying, one is not enough.

r38, Wendy's chili is indeed outstanding. It's sensational on its own after a long, chilly day on the slopes.

r59, never got into KFC's mashed & gravy, but I do think they have unbelievably outstanding cole slaw (nicely not drowned in mayo). If I can go to McDonald's & only buy a Coke, I suppose I can go to KFC & only buy a container of slaw.

by Anonymousreply 6608/25/2012

R63, where is that biscuit bowl from?

by Anonymousreply 6708/26/2012

Any other DLers like Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches?

by Anonymousreply 6808/26/2012

Jimmy John's are lame. Few toppings, sometimes dry bread, very bland and boring.

And the owner is a right-wing anti-gay moron asshat. Don't eat there.

by Anonymousreply 6908/26/2012

Places to avoid due to right-wing asshattery and/or anti-gay bigotry: Chick-Fil-A, Jimmy Johns subs, Pappa Johns Pizza.

by Anonymousreply 7008/26/2012

I like the ethnic cock available at most mid-town McDonalds.

by Anonymousreply 7108/26/2012

R68, it's from Hardees.

by Anonymousreply 7208/26/2012

What did Jimmy Johns do that worth boycotting?

by Anonymousreply 7308/26/2012

Steak'n'Shake or Hardee's for burgers

Papa Murphys-Everything is fresh and they pile on the toppings. Their vegetarian pizza is fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 7408/26/2012

I ask as well what R74 did -- what did the Jimmy Johns owner do to show his true colors?

by Anonymousreply 7508/26/2012

Let it go, R66. You're just embarrassing yourself at this point.

by Anonymousreply 7608/26/2012

F&F R24/R78 for homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 7808/26/2012

Blakes Lota Burger. theres something about their burgers and thier fries are super tasty and crisp.

by Anonymousreply 7908/26/2012

R71, Got a free pizza from Papa John's after superbowl. Hardly any cheese and tasteless sauce. Not hard to boycott it. They used to taste completely different. What happened?

by Anonymousreply 8008/26/2012

Do y'all know that you can duplicate recipes for your favs online? And they're healthier versions too. (My coleslaw's far better than KFC.)

by Anonymousreply 8108/26/2012

Can't do Fast food anymore, a total Carb Addict but I do so miss a Whooper or Big Mac. I was at a McDonald's drive thru this week for coffee and they had a sign that made me chuckle.

"All orders get ONE Sauce, that's our gift to you. Each extra there will be a fee $$$$$$"

Do they all do that or just this cheap franchisee?

As for Sliders, that term originated with White Castle and now all little burgers, even on the cooking shows, use that phrase. The funny thing is we all used it because if you had enough White Castles, they'd slide right thru you. It was never a term of endearment.

by Anonymousreply 8208/26/2012

But no one else does waffle fries other than chickafil

by Anonymousreply 8308/26/2012

Oh yes r83, I'm from Chicago and am well acquainted with the White Castle slider. Every time I hear that term I have to laugh at how absolutely unappetizing it is considering where it came from, if they only knew.

by Anonymousreply 8408/26/2012

Fast food kills.

It is made of GMO corn and other toxic additives.

It is fiberless food, and indigestable. It causes allergies. It is outrageously high in sodium and high fructose corn syrup.

It is breeder food, made for the convenience of heterosexuals in a rush to feed Jennifer and Tommy on a budget.

Fast food is not for gay people. I thought gays had better taste, but now I'm not so sure. in general, gay men are great, creative domestics and lesbians are scrappy, resilient chefs. What the fuck happened?

Have gay people lost their way?

by Anonymousreply 8508/26/2012

Le Bernardin

by Anonymousreply 8808/26/2012

Cookout restaurant

by Anonymousreply 8908/26/2012

I let nothing but quinoa and raw vegetables pass through this perfect body.

by Anonymousreply 9008/26/2012

I like to drive to Arby's just to enjoy a jamocha Shake

by Anonymousreply 9108/26/2012

We used to have a lot of "Backyard Burgers" places around. They've all disappeared, but they did have the best burgers you could buy.

by Anonymousreply 9208/26/2012

Amir

by Anonymousreply 9308/26/2012

Nothing beats a Roman Burger from Mr Hero. Only made in NE Ohio.

Try one at home you won't be disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 9408/26/2012

Bojangles is awesome. Those biscuits are to die for.

by Anonymousreply 9508/26/2012

Seb's on South Hero on the Islands has great burgers and creemees.

by Anonymousreply 9608/26/2012

I ate entire sheet cake and I think I'm going to die now.

by Anonymousreply 9708/27/2012

You can buy waffle fries or any of this other crap that "no one else does" at the grocery store for 3 bucks a bag. For example, McCain sells 6-7 different types of fries, and many of them are the same served in restaurants.

Of course,some of this might be regional, just as I've never seen a Jack in the Box or a Krystal or a lot of these other places. I had never heard of Steak n Shake or seen a White Castle until I moved to the Midwest. Had Bojangles in Florida when I was 8- think it was good.

by Anonymousreply 9808/27/2012

Steak n Shake but I only go when I am visiting in the city where I grew up or am in St. Louis. We have them here but they are all out in the burbs.

by Anonymousreply 9908/27/2012

Does IHOP count? I mean, it's more a sit-down restaurant, but it's still junk food.

by Anonymousreply 10008/29/2012

Taco Bell for fast food and Chili's for fine dining. I want my, I want my, I want my Chili's Baby Back Ribs. Barbecue sauce.

by Anonymousreply 10108/29/2012

Chilis is awful. I'd eat at an Applebee's a hundred times before I ate at a Chilis again. I've NEVER had a good meal there. I couldn't even finish the disgusting crap they called a hamburger. How do you ruin a Hamburger?!?

by Anonymousreply 10208/29/2012

In N Out

by Anonymousreply 10308/29/2012

Hardees

by Anonymousreply 10409/08/2012

McDonalds' is temporarily offering free coffee. What's the best quality item to have with it? Is their Angus Beef that much better than the regular hamburgers? I so rarely eat fast-food that I can't figure out the difference between their chicken nuggets and chicken selects. Is the fillet of fish really nutritional? It's too easy to make salad at home with fresh romaine or field greens, so I wouldn't make that choice.

by Anonymousreply 10501/18/2013

I go to Krystal every December for an eggnog milkquake.

by Anonymousreply 10601/19/2013

BOJANGLES rocks. Those biscuits are so incredible.

by Anonymousreply 10706/15/2013

Bojangles Chicken and Biscuits

by Anonymousreply 10807/25/2013

What's a chili pie?

by Anonymousreply 10907/25/2013

Bojangles

by Anonymousreply 11008/15/2013

Tofu-Tooties

by Anonymousreply 11108/15/2013

I don't eat at fast food restaurants. That's why I'm not fat.

by Anonymousreply 11208/15/2013

Yuckamojo's for nasty Chinese chow.

by Anonymousreply 11308/15/2013

[quote]I don't eat at fast food restaurants. That's why I'm not fat.

But you're still ugly and friendless.

by Anonymousreply 11408/15/2013

not Hardee's

by Anonymousreply 11509/16/2013

Rax isn't around anymore, so I'll pick Taco Tico and Culvers

by Anonymousreply 11609/16/2013

I sometimes go to McDonald's for a Coke in order to use the Wi-Fi. In December I go to Krystal for an eggnog milkquake.

by Anonymousreply 11709/16/2013

McDonalds is my guilty pleasure. Although I only eat the fish filet there. They the fish mcbites a while ago and it was the best but they discontinued it.

I tried the new wings and it was awful.

by Anonymousreply 11809/16/2013

Mr. Hero!! The Roman burger is just ridiculously good. Mouthwatering, belt busting goodness.

by Anonymousreply 11912/02/2013

connoisseurship in junk is a peculiarly american thing.

by Anonymousreply 12012/02/2013

Del Taco fish tacos

Zaxby's Buffalo Nuggets

If I'm really hungover, Five Guys burger and fries

by Anonymousreply 12112/04/2013

[quote]What's a chili pie?

Pour fritos in a bowl, ladle chili over the top, and garnish with shredded cheese (diced onions optional)

Sonic actually serves this in the frito bag, or rolled up in a tortilla.

It's way more awesome than it sounds.

It's traditional southern fare.

by Anonymousreply 12212/04/2013

None of it, absolutely none. I don't even like McDonalds fries anymore. They really are kind of tasteless.

by Anonymousreply 12312/04/2013

Del Taco or Popeyes. Can't stand McDonalds, last time I was there everything tasted like they dumped a cup of salt over it. Rancid.

by Anonymousreply 12412/04/2013

I'm a sucker for a Whataburger every now and then.

by Anonymousreply 12512/04/2013

The limited-time-only Whataburger "Green Chile Cheeseburger" is phenomenal.

Too bad their fries suck, but at least they have that spicy jalapeno ketchup now, which is pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 12612/04/2013

KFC

by Anonymousreply 12701/14/2014

juicy Pussies

by Anonymousreply 12801/14/2014

I admit to having a thing for Lean Cuisine Swedish meatballs. Every once in a while I'll pick up a couple of boxes if they're on sale. Damn you Target, for putting frozen sale items in a case where they can be seen by people walking down a main aisle.

by Anonymousreply 12901/24/2014

I meet a friend at McDonald's twice a year when he's passing through on the interstate. I usually go to Krystal in December for an eggnog milkquake but didn't get around to it in 2013. Other than that, I keep away from fast-food restaurants.

by Anonymousreply 13001/24/2014

Cracker Barrell!

by Anonymousreply 13101/25/2014

The fast food places most convenient to me are McDonalds, Burger King, Quiznos, Subway, Starbucks, and Taco Bell. I don't care for any of them much but my fave is Taco Bell.

There are a couple of local burger joints I like better.

by Anonymousreply 13201/25/2014

Oh Cracker Barrel has good chicken fried steak, also yummy pancakes. Gawd I'm hungry.

by Anonymousreply 13301/25/2014

McDonald's breakfasts rule. I love me a good sausage McMuffin (with or without egg)

by Anonymousreply 13401/25/2014

I go to Jack in the Box just for their tacos. 4 tacos for $2.12.

by Anonymousreply 13501/25/2014

If McDonald's had breakfast 24/7, I'd be fat. I don't care for most of their lunch/dinner menu, but damn, they rock breakfast.

Thankfully, I'm a night person, so I'm never awake while they sell that stuff, so I only VERY rarely indulge.

by Anonymousreply 13601/25/2014

Wait till/if you end up like moi in a town of 2,000 where they won't ALLOW fast food (competition feared.)

After 7 yrs in NYC and 24 years in SF - I crave; I crave!

by Anonymousreply 13701/25/2014

R134 - never had the chicken fried steak but have had the chicken fried chicken which is so good especially with that white gravy which is to die for. I've had their pecan pancakes too, which are great, not to mention their biscuits and their desserts - the cobblers and the brownie a la mode and the pecan pie. Damn I could go for all of that right now!

by Anonymousreply 13801/25/2014

Does liking Steak and Shake make me trashy?

Five Guys is good, although their "regular" burger is too small for me.

by Anonymousreply 13901/25/2014

I suck big dicks only.

by Anonymousreply 14001/27/2014

Zaxbys

by Anonymousreply 14102/10/2014

Bojangles. Those biscuits and dirty rice!

by Anonymousreply 14201/27/2015

R63

You must be my twin.

by Anonymousreply 14301/27/2015

I just realized I already posted on this thread way back in 2013.

I'd still say the same thing, though, so at least I'm consistent.

by Anonymousreply 14401/27/2015

Krispy Kreme

by Anonymousreply 14501/29/2015

Eating at Bojangles in DC now. So good!

by Anonymousreply 14602/20/2015
Need more help? Click Here.