Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Homosexual actor Jake Gyllenhaal in the Times!!!

He's so delightfully rumpled!!

by Anonymousreply 9101/11/2015

Sitting in nosebleed seats as a boy, he was dazzled by Patti LuPone vamping through the opening number “I Get a Kick Out of You” in “Anything Goes” for Lincoln Center Theater; he then promptly fell asleep. From other musicals he graduated to serious drama like “Angels in America,” though mostly he went to school plays featuring Maggie, now 34.

by Anonymousreply 108/23/2012

R1 After reading the article that was the first thing which popped in my mind as well. He was specifically "family" orientated with that bit, wasn't he?

by Anonymousreply 208/23/2012

I read the comments before I read the article, and I though R1 was joking. That quote does sound extremely... gay.

by Anonymousreply 308/23/2012

I think Jake is easing out....or at least coming out to those who can read between the lines.

by Anonymousreply 408/23/2012

Martial arts training??? Where are the foot shots??

by Anonymousreply 508/23/2012

He will eventually come out, after realizing how ridiculous his bearding routine has become.

by Anonymousreply 608/23/2012

I agree r6, he looks totally stupid with a beard! He needs to shave it and be all cute again!

by Anonymousreply 708/23/2012

Is she still sexy? I can't come to any conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 808/23/2012

[quote]He will eventually come out, after realizing how ridiculous his bearding routine has become.

If he was fugly you would not care

by Anonymousreply 908/24/2012

Sounds like he's retreated from movie star ambitions and is trying to save face.

[quote]“Around the time I hit 30, I asked myself if I was respecting acting as a craft,” he continued, frequently brushing his fingers through his thick hair, free of its black-on-black Yankees cap, “and if I was doing the right projects that deserved my attention and where I’m learning in a way that you might not feel at 15. So now it’s like I look at acting more as building little delicate cricket cages, with care and more thought.”

by Anonymousreply 1008/24/2012

I agree with r10, I think he just didn't get the offers nor the a-list career he wanted and was gearing for so decide to become a "real actor" and do small roles that "mattered".

by Anonymousreply 1108/24/2012

R10/R11, he has four movies in post productions.

by Anonymousreply 1208/24/2012

The question isn't how many movies he's filming, but whether they'll be a-list hits. As was pointed out in a recent thread, Eric Roberts has filmed 40 movies the last few years, all straight to video. Gyllenhaal isn't straight-to-video yet, but he ain't a-list anymore either.

by Anonymousreply 1308/24/2012

Lovely man, a good actor and he should come out.

by Anonymousreply 1408/24/2012

I'd say that verbal skills aren't Jake's strong suit as he stumbles around the interview desperately trying to sound serious and important:

".....Around the time I hit 30, I asked myself if I was respecting acting as a craft..."

His poor mama, she raised a foolish tool.

by Anonymousreply 1508/24/2012

He'll be on a cop, lawyer or hospital series on basic cable within a year.

by Anonymousreply 1608/24/2012

[quote]Lovely man, a good actor and he should come out.

I think so too.

His bearding was so extraordinarily full-on, maybe still is, he really painted himself into a corner. Maybe he's getting to an age and place where he just doesn't care any more. I don't think he ever owed anyone explanations but the faux bearding I think has done him a disservice for years. It will have cost a fortune and been a headache to go through. It's also been a waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 1708/24/2012

I should add I think he's a good guy in the wrong profession. He seems good with people and would have done far better in comedy or as a writer, a cook or a humanitarian.

I think he's dug his heels in trying to prove himself an 'actor' over the years and it hasn't really worked. He's not bad, just average, though Bubble Boy and Donnie Darko were his standout performances and both were really strong.

by Anonymousreply 1808/24/2012

I remember the quote from Billy Crystal saying that on the set of "City Slickers," little Jake used to sing them all Broadway songs and they were all convinced this kid was goingto be gay.

by Anonymousreply 1908/24/2012

R17 I agree with you. In his quest to be a super A-list leading man and franchise movie star, he stupidly agreed to his PR's team (and probably his mother's) bearding ideas. The bearding with Witherspoon was never totally believable even though they worked hard at it. But the constant photo ops overexposed him in a bad way. The ridiculous attempt to beard with Swift just ruined any crediblity he had left. Even people who thought Jake was straight didn't buy him and Swift "dating". He seems to have come to his senses and is doing smaller movies and no bearding. I think he's a good actor and would do well as a popular actor if he would just be himself. I doubt he will ever come out though. He may be taking baby steps towards a glass closet, but admitting out loud he's gay? Never. Witherbitch and his mother wouldn't allow it.

by Anonymousreply 2008/24/2012

Yes of course every hot actor is speculated to be gay on DL. However, Gyllenhaal's professed heterosexuality does seem a bit fishy. And many actors are closeted, a higher percentage than the general population.

by Anonymousreply 2208/24/2012

Not really, r21. I had proof a few years ago. I got rid of it because I wasn't concerned with making someone else's biz a big deal.

We 'naughty gays' are allowed an opinion on him, I trust? Or is that still an issue?

by Anonymousreply 2308/24/2012

R23 would you share what you know? I would love to hear what proof you had. So many people think Jake is gay, but there has never been any men who have come forward to say they slept with him.

by Anonymousreply 2408/24/2012

R24 fucking and sleeping are two different things. One could sleep with a straight man under certain circumstances.

Fucking him would prove gay, sleeping would not.

by Anonymousreply 2508/24/2012

I don't think he is gay, but he did showmance to prove he wasn't. That lead to overexposure in the media and he didn't have the films to back it up. People just got bored and new, younger, hotter stars came along and replaced him, he just moved on.

It is very hard to maintain a constant A-list career in modern times. Very few have done it.

by Anonymousreply 2608/24/2012

So if he's so straight why would he over the top beard with Witherspoon and attempt to beard with Taylor Swift? The Swift thing made him a laughingstock and he's still the butt of jokes about it. What straight guy would have been desperate enough to look straight to book that US Weekly front page Thanksgiving photo shoot and look like an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 2808/24/2012

I remember seeing him on Conan/Leno and he told some story which included the sentence "A Little Night Music is my favourite musical!". Somehow I don't think a closeted actor would say that on national television.

by Anonymousreply 2908/24/2012

You keep telling yourself that, R30.

by Anonymousreply 3108/24/2012

r29, you rely on archaic and ignorant stereotypes to make wild conclusions about sexual orientation. And you get upset that no one believes your unsupported ridiculous claims about him?

by Anonymousreply 3208/24/2012

Claims? I've only posted once. What gave the impression that I'm upset? I didn't even make any "is/is not" statements...

by Anonymousreply 3308/24/2012

Not only is Jake Gay, he is Richard Simmons Gay.

A walking talking, forest fire in the making. Jake has a lisp which puts Paul Lynn to shame. Watch the ET footage from the Oscars for audio proof.

by Anonymousreply 3408/24/2012

Gay or straight, he's still not talented.

by Anonymousreply 3608/24/2012

And he's gotten a little tubby, too.

by Anonymousreply 3708/24/2012

Something to remember in regards to his psychology and recent behavior: his parents are broke and deeply in debt.....SO his desperation to become an A-List action star was probably also fueled by their financial needs. Maybe he is growing up and learning their divorce and problems aren't his fault and responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 3808/24/2012

Are there still Jake-is-straight-for-realz fangirls out there, or is it the same troll-dar eluding homophobe starting at r21 making such a fuss?

by Anonymousreply 3908/24/2012

I love how the Roundabout initially said the only way to see Jake's new play was to subsribe to their new season........then a partial season subscription would suffice.....then they said all tickets are $100.

How long before it hits TKTS? Certainly they cannot have the subscriber base they used to have; I would think those who have not died have either moved to Florida or realized their retirement income carries them a lot less than furter than they thought.

by Anonymousreply 4008/24/2012

or they went to a few Roundabout shows and screamed Enough!!!

by Anonymousreply 4108/24/2012

You guys are still hanging on this one, huh?

Why??? Hes got a horsey face, non-existent lips, and a flat droopy ass. It would be easier to buy into the delusion if he was hot.

by Anonymousreply 4208/24/2012

[quote]The gays come together again; convinced that someone is gay and not accepting any other possibility. Their primary reason that Jake is gay? Simple. They just want him to be.

No, in this case it's because a drunken, has-been gossip writer bought into some delusional fangurl slashfic involving Jake and a male friend of his, and turned it into one of EOnline's most legendary noms de gossip, Toothy Tile. While none of it was remotely real -- fucking in cars inside shopping mall parking garage! lord! -- it was enough to spur the fantasies of many a DLer, already primed to think that way about Jake after seeing him get buttfucked in "BBM."

by Anonymousreply 4308/25/2012

r43...toothy tile can be made up and Jake can still be gay....he lisps, he's bitchy, he likes show tunes, he dated Taylor with it

by Anonymousreply 4408/25/2012

All celebrity media is hype. From ET to Gawker.

Wow, Americans are naive......

by Anonymousreply 4508/25/2012

I love these threads that piss off the fraus that have infested DL lately. LOVE THEM!

And yes Jake is gay.

by Anonymousreply 4608/25/2012

Once more for ole times sake. Jake Gayllenhaals obit will read: " He was fucked in a tent by Oscar winner Heath Ledger."

by Anonymousreply 4708/25/2012

He's probably used to being trashed by now

by Anonymousreply 4808/25/2012

I managed to get a $10 ticket for the first preview last night. I was surprised to see that there were quite a few empty seats upstairs.

I thought Jake was pretty entertaining, the play, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 4908/25/2012

Why exactly did R48 post a link to a generic page?

by Anonymousreply 5008/26/2012

Has any actor had as precipitous (albeit boring) a fall as Gyllenhaal had?

by Anonymousreply 5108/26/2012

I know r37!

Actually, there have not been ANY Jake gym photos in a long time; it certainly shows.

by Anonymousreply 5208/27/2012

Jake causing trouble at the stage door!!!! Having a hissy fit!...or as Jake would say...a Hithy fit!!!

by Anonymousreply 5309/07/2012

[quote]The gays come together again; convinced that someone is gay and not accepting any other possibility. Their primary reason that Jake is gay? Simple. They just want him to be.

Billy Crystal on the DVD commentary of "City Slickers" where Jake played his ten year old son

“He was always performing,” remembers Crystal. “He would sing from South Pacific and we’d all go, ‘He’s gay, he’s going to be gay.’”

by Anonymousreply 5409/07/2012

Gay dudes look so desperate for validation when they make it stories about dudes being gay without any persuasive evidence that the straight-identified person is anything but heterosexual. Unbelievable claims demand persuasive evidence.

by Anonymousreply 5509/08/2012

R55.. the use of "dude" to disguise the fact you are 300lbs hausfrau really is quite cunning. Have another cheeto and call it a nite.

by Anonymousreply 5609/08/2012

Jake is Gay, unfortunately.

The community would really prefer less self abating role models.

by Anonymousreply 5709/09/2012

by Anonymousreply 5809/09/2012

Jake was on Anderson Cooper Live yesterday? Really? Did they do it?

by Anonymousreply 5909/22/2012

Jake was just on Fallon....he is so out he's in...

The whole "I got a fake beard...which seemed like a good idea at the time...but you have to put it on everyday before you go out...."

is a cigar just a cigar or is he trying to tell us something?

by Anonymousreply 6009/22/2012

by Anonymousreply 6109/22/2012

So how was his film?

Has anyone seen it?

by Anonymousreply 6209/22/2012

YOU post that SAME response ALL the TIME r63....(and some of us live in worlds where we do actually have chances of meeting them and have "met" them)

by Anonymousreply 6409/22/2012

Oh, R63, you're so cute! Babbling on and on because you can't deal with the idea that he even might be gay.

As for living in your mind, you seem to know what that's about.

by Anonymousreply 6509/22/2012

Oh, Lainey.....

Hollywood Matchmaking: Jake & Jessica

God Jake Gyllenhaal looked handsome last night at opening night of his off-Broadway play If There Is I Haven’t Found It Yet. I mean, I’m not into the beard, but even that beard can’t take away from how attractive he is. Speaking of that beard - while women may not be feeling it, do you know how much beard envy he’s getting from the men? Almost every dude I talked to at TIFF was all about Jake’s beard.

Anyway, Jessica Chastain was also there last night. And since I’m obsessed with setting up famous people and finding the right (imaginary) combinations, I’ve now decided that Jake is perfect for her and they should totally be together. She has the credentials, as you know, and now that he’s stopped trying to be a Disney action hero and is choosing smaller projects and stage opportunities, looking for more interesting work, they could be a creative powerhouse.

On either side, on stature and standing, it’s an equal draw too. You could say, given his recent romantic resume, that she’s actually an upgrade. And there would be benefits to both on profile. Jake hasn’t had a significant attachment since Taylor Swift (OMG that was two years ago already?) and coming back with a respected acclaimed actor like Jessica Chastain is a strong move. As for Jessica, though she’s well known to everyone in the industry, it wouldn’t hurt to get a love bump to grow public awareness.

by Anonymousreply 6609/22/2012

He dosent need to come out, the guy is straight and dates only women for crying out loud.

by Anonymousreply 6710/12/2012

No I'm not, r67.

by Anonymousreply 6810/13/2012

Once more for ole times sake:

Jake Gaylenhaal's obit will read:

He was fucked in a tent by Oscar winner Heath Ledger.

by Anonymousreply 6910/13/2012

Jessica is way too old for Jake. His bearding with older woman only feminizes him.

by Anonymousreply 7010/13/2012

He's an adorable man child, despite what the vicious clucking DL hens may say.

by Anonymousreply 7210/13/2012

[r63] If you don't understand why it matters you have no business visiting a gay gossip board.

by Anonymousreply 7310/13/2012

I just want to chime in and agree with others that he seems like a good guy and someone who would be easy to hang out with.

by Anonymousreply 7410/14/2012

Jake should have become a figure skater instead.

by Anonymousreply 7510/14/2012

Of all of the gay rumors that have been posted here over the years, the thought of Henry Cavill and Jake Gyllenhaal as a couple is the stuff of wet dreams. Hot.

by Anonymousreply 7610/14/2012

Jake was one half of the Brokeback mega screen duo for the ages, and I'm sure it made an impression on him. If he were gay or bi, he'd be out.

Yes, the Taylor Swift thing was sort of weird, BUT... logic dictates that he must be straight.

by Anonymousreply 7710/14/2012

The reason closeted gay actors (Like Jake) play gay characters is so they have plausible denial when the "gay" question comes up. It also saturates the internet with crap like R77 is spewing.

by Anonymousreply 7810/14/2012

I can't believe this is even being debated.

Of course he's gay, he's always been gay. I'm sure this was settled quite some time ago.

by Anonymousreply 8010/14/2012

r79 is the "everybody is on meth" troll

by Anonymousreply 8110/14/2012

F&F for R82 for adding to the ENDLESS ONSLAUGHT OF BUMPED THREADS. Predictable, given that school's out for the holidays, but tedious.

by Anonymousreply 8312/21/2012

R83 lick my clit.

by Anonymousreply 8412/21/2012

Top or bottom?

by Anonymousreply 8512/21/2012

OP is he a homosexual actor? When the heck did he come out? Did I miss something?

I think he's versatile if he is gay.If he's bi, he's an insatiable bottom!

by Anonymousreply 8612/21/2012

Guys, does Jake make you hard?

So would you pound his ass?

by Anonymousreply 8712/28/2012

So had anybody have a crush on him?

by Anonymousreply 8812/28/2012

Have never gotten his appeal.

An average actor. Not especially attractive.

Only reason he's gotten as far as he has is because his parents were already working in Hollywood. If he had moved to Hollywood from Bumfuck after high school, he'd have the occasional under-five part while waiting tables and working Santa Monica Blvd to pay his rent.

His sister Maggie is a far better actress.

by Anonymousreply 8912/28/2012

suck on Jake's hairy cock and hole

by Anonymousreply 9012/28/2012

Even my MOTHER thinks that Jake Gyllenhaal is gay and (barely) in the closet! He's not fooling anyone, folks!

by Anonymousreply 9101/11/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!