Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Akin's deadline passed an he didn't step down

But the media aren't reporting it because the GOP still thinks they can make him do so before tomorrow morning.

Craven lapdogs.

by Anonymousreply 2911/11/2012

All mainstream media in the USA is Republican now. It is all Corporate owned and run.

by Anonymousreply 108/21/2012

With our luck, he'll win.

by Anonymousreply 208/21/2012

He isn't stepping down. his poll numbers haven't changed. You would think they would, but people are stupid. They vote against their own interests time and time again

by Anonymousreply 308/21/2012

It worked for the Senator from Idaho. Just ignore the demands to drop out of the race.

And all the other Republicans can say they were opposed to him running (so they did the right thing, even though, of course, they never intended for him to actually drop out).

Everyone is happy.

And after all no one is perfect.

by Anonymousreply 408/21/2012

[quote]the media aren't reporting it

Where have you been? They've been reporting it all day.

by Anonymousreply 508/22/2012

Let him run. He's raised the topic just in time for the Repug convention. Since an absolute ban on abortion is a longstanding fixture in the GOP platform and the stated objective of both Romney and Ryan, it's high time we had a national discussion about how far we really want to go in torturing women in the name of reproductive purity.

by Anonymousreply 608/22/2012

What R6 said. This is an opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 708/22/2012

Whenever one of these asshole Republicans make a statement like that, they always claim they "misspoke". If it weren't so disgusting and pathetic, it would be comical.

He did not "misspeak"; he said what he believes and he is the poster boy for the Republican Party. Romney and Ryan are both in favor of even banning birth control, for God's sake.

If these bona fide creeps win Congress and the Presidency, this country will have gone backwards into the 18th century. As dumb as a majority of the people in this country are, it is still incomprehensible to me that this could happen.

by Anonymousreply 808/22/2012

Akin will win. And a lot of women in Missouri will vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 908/22/2012

It's a good bet, R9, sad to say. Women are their own worst enemies on these matters.

by Anonymousreply 1008/22/2012

If this is the August clown show. I can't even imagine what the Democrats have planned for October!

by Anonymousreply 1108/22/2012

OP are you fucking kidding. IT'S BEEN ALL OVER THE NEWS.

Akin stated repeatedly that he won't step down. All the news stations have reported this as well as the fact that Karl Rove is PISSED.

by Anonymousreply 1208/22/2012

I want him to stay in and if he wins, well then I guess MO officially joins TX, FL and AZ as being sickeningly stupid, esp. galling since they're a bunch of freeloading, welfare motherfuckers.

by Anonymousreply 1308/22/2012

I can't understand any woman under 40 voting for the GOP... along with the other groups who shouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 1408/22/2012

r13 you forgot Oklahoma.

And he is IN. He can't get out now even if he wanted to.

1) He/GOP would have to get a court order and ...

2) It would have to be unopposed by the Democrats...

3) It would have to approved by a court that has a majority of Democratic judges on it's panel.

Republicans are stuck with this idiot.

by Anonymousreply 1508/22/2012

Actually he was up by 8-12 points. They're now in a statistical dead heat. So I would say the race has changed since this.

by Anonymousreply 1708/22/2012

R16, seriously if it weren't for women I don't think we'd have a single Democratic president. Blame white men.

That being said I still go with "If you have a vagina and you vote for Romney/Ryan or Akin, you're an idiot." A FB friend of mine posted that and offended several of her freeper women friends.

by Anonymousreply 1808/22/2012

R16, you sound like Ann Coulter. She wants to take the vote away from women because more women vote DEMOCRATIC and more men vote REPUBLICAN.

What elections show is that there are still more stupid men than women.

by Anonymousreply 1908/22/2012

Oh yeah, R16, that made so much sense.

Most women will be voting for Obama, dumbass. It's the dumbass (white)men who vote for jackasses like this guy and all of the other morons on the right.

by Anonymousreply 2008/22/2012

The GOP is not far behind him with anti abortion being put in their platform. I hope that hurricane reaches category 5 for their convention in Tampa. The only thing to remain standing will be Krispy Kreme Christie.

by Anonymousreply 2108/22/2012

[quote]They're now in a dead heat

If they're in a statistical dead heat that means the actual numbers are much more in McCaskill's favor. The polls never get all the youth, working people, and cell phone users - thus they skew conservative.

by Anonymousreply 2208/22/2012

[quote]That being said I still go with "If you have a vagina and you vote for Romney/Ryan or Akin, you're an idiot." A FB friend of mine posted that and offended several of her freeper women friends

Freeper women are vapid trash. They belong in the back of the bus.

I honestly wish people who voted for the GOP got to live under their control and never benefiting from Dem policies. No more fed. funds, no more SS, no more regulations, no women's rights, no gay rights.

Natural disaster hit you? Fuck you. Clean it up yourself. Water supply polluted? Fuck you. House on fire? Fuck you. Contaminated food killed your family? Fuck you. Your self-made hubby just fall into the water off a crumbling bridge? Perhaps it's because he "DIDN'T *FIX* THAT" once the federal govt that "built that" was gone.. oh, and fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 2308/22/2012

Like the gay Republicans the female Republicans believe that all those conservative restrictions won't apply to them and they remain above the law (so to speak) by being associated with the ones calling the shots. Little do they know.

by Anonymousreply 2408/22/2012

Fuck Republican women and Republican gays.

Those that are blatantly racists, simply think *those* policies don't affect them because they'll never need an abortion, or welfare, or a union, or whatever else it is the GOP is destroying at the moment. It self centered and delusional bullshit at it's core.

I heard a radio "interview" this morning talking to a woman who owned her own fishing company or something. (I use quotes because it felt more like a Romney ad than a real interview. She claimed she IDENTIFIED WITH ROMNEY because he'd "has run a business, like me". Whereas Obama hasn't. Never mind the fact that Romney never ran a Small buisness- He ran a Fucking HUGE Corporation that had as much to do with her small business as Big Ben has to do with a Pocket watch. Never mind the ethics he had during his time as a CEO and how a douchebag like her can run little business into the ground and export her job overseas.

These people just like to live with the delusion that they're on par with a CEO. They are "rich" and / or can get rich if they vote Republican.

by Anonymousreply 2508/22/2012

Ryan's the story here, not Akin.

by Anonymousreply 2708/22/2012

I love the part where the OP was claiming the media didn't report Akin's refusal to step down.

Other than it being on every front page in the country, leading every network newscast, being endlessly debated on cable news, it was COMPLETELY HIDDEN BY A COMPLICIT MEDIA MACHINE!

by Anonymousreply 2808/22/2012

by Anonymousreply 2911/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!