Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Face Off

Anyone a fan of this show on SyFy? I'm always fascinated by the creative process so the show holds my interest. The new season started tonight.

BONUS DL POINTS: One of the female contestants has fibromyalgia.

by Anonymousreply 3210/30/2013

Recording while watching Master Chef.

by Anonymousreply 108/21/2012

I'm watching it now, OP. Love this show - there's always some amazing talent. That Joe guy is such a loser, though, and sucks. I don't know how he ever got chosen to be on this show. Oh, and I like that new judge - I know he's older and bald, but I find him so sexy.

by Anonymousreply 208/21/2012

Can't believe that one of the contestants wimped out. Too bad Patrick is leaving for location work on a movie. I think he's somewhat cute.

by Anonymousreply 308/21/2012

Joe and Tommy were a delightful trainwreck. Tommy is horrible even for Columbus OH. What a pussy - he seems much younger than 26. He humiliated himself for his 'shakespearian' soliloquy before judging. What a simpering wimp.

Plus he was right. He didn't have to whine and plead. He could have shown some maturity and humor - Joe would have been eliminated anyway.

Poor kid.

Fibromyalgia girl disappointed me - no whining or 'issues' after her little speech. What's up with all the girls with the same awful red dyed hair? I'll bet at least one of them switches to blue or green just so they'll stand out.

No one mentioned the pocket gay Duke spawn who hosted the opening pool party!

McKenzie is certainly getting her moneys worth from those ginormous breast implants, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 408/22/2012

I would love to know Joe's rationale for leaving. No doubt he thought everyone else was beneath him and he was wasting his time being in the same room with them.

I'm hoping Fibro Gal has a flare-up during the show. "OW! So tender to the touch..."

by Anonymousreply 508/22/2012

I wonder if Joe didn't realize he really does suck and wasn't going to be able to blame Tommy for the mess that was created. Their work, which was really Joe's work, was a horrible, horrible mess. I also think Joe is the type who can't stand criticism, and rather than face being the first to get cut, he just left on his own accord.

by Anonymousreply 608/23/2012

Instead of Patrick Tatopoulos, I wish Glenn Hetrick was taking a leave instead. Just can't stand him.

by Anonymousreply 708/23/2012

Agree, R7. He's tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 808/23/2012

Glenn Hat-Trick is fabulous. Perfect example of 'how can you really tell if a man is straight'? Everything about his appearance is wrong, wrong, wrong.

He is intelligent, articulate and able to provide substantive feedback (unlike Heidi Klum who would just say, "I'd vair that mekk-upt").

by Anonymousreply 908/24/2012

it's good, but like all American "reality" tv, it's over edited and sensationalized.

Also, the casting is poor sometimes. I get that females are limited in the industry but they always seem to cast cute but completely talentless women (apart from a couple exceptions).

by Anonymousreply 1008/24/2012

[quote]I'm always fascinated by the creative process so the show holds my interest

The Flintstones holds his interest

by Anonymousreply 1108/24/2012

The women seem stronger than the men so far. Loved that sea wench look.

by Anonymousreply 1208/28/2012

Word is that Syfy and the production company had to get a restraining order against that Joe guy. He was trying to get back on the set or something. Also, he claims that Syfy wasn't allowing him access to his "ADHD" meds during filming

by Anonymousreply 1308/28/2012

Joe obviously has issues, but I don't think it's ADHD.

by Anonymousreply 1408/28/2012

When I was watching, I had that Joe guy's personality pegged from the word go. Haven't we all known someone just like that?

by Anonymousreply 1508/28/2012

Did any fans of this show watch "the Monster Man" spin-off?

by Anonymousreply 1608/28/2012

The bottom three for the pirate challenge were some of the most awful designs in any season. I don't understand why Cece didn't at least attempt to make something which looked like a barnacle. The other two were just as bad.

by Anonymousreply 1708/29/2012

Rod from West Hollywood pings.

by Anonymousreply 1808/29/2012

I missed the pimply blond guy with the cap from last season. The only cute ones are 14 years old this year. Jesus is dead to me after his whiny fight with Joe last week. At least they showed him making pirate jokes with the other girls.

by Anonymousreply 1908/29/2012

The sea wench was stunning...I like that it was restrained in comparison to the other makeups but still a show stopper.

I think she's a frontrunner to be in the final.

I'm glad the cute short guy didn't go.

by Anonymousreply 2008/29/2012

They're having a marathon on the SyFy channel tonight.

by Anonymousreply 2109/18/2012

I started watching it because I'm a competition junkie (Project Runway and Rupaul's Drag Race) and wanted to see if Face Off would be a good fix (the cooking shows don't work for me.) This thread floating around also convinced me to give it a try. I don't *love* it, but it's a good enough time-killer. I'll watch the new episode and Hot Set tonight, depending on what the competition is. But if I don't see it tonight, I'll download or watch a rerun.

by Anonymousreply 2209/18/2012

The talent this season is so much better than either of the previous seasons.

by Anonymousreply 2309/18/2012

I don't think Jason should have been eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 2409/18/2012

I though everyone in the bottom two should've been eliminated, really weak week. Maybe this Hot Set thing will be better.

by Anonymousreply 2509/18/2012

It was a really weak episode. The winning team was good, but they were about it (except for the chick that did the green character).

by Anonymousreply 2609/18/2012

Every time they advertise Hot Set, I want to call it Hot Mess for some reason. It does feature TCM's Ben Mankiewicz though.

by Anonymousreply 2709/18/2012

I thought the characters based around the motorcycle were actually the worse. As the judges commented, the one artist gave her character an eyepatch with no reason/purpose of why or how it was on. Also, Rod's makeup is becoming more of the same week after week. The winning pair was the only one which captured the theme.

by Anonymousreply 2809/18/2012

Jason was a cutie, especially in glasses. I wonder if Kevin Smith's offer of a job was sincere. I doubt he would he would offer on a televised show but then renege.

by Anonymousreply 2909/19/2012

I have mixed feelings about the paired challenges. Sometimes they produce good work but one contestant could really get screwed if they're paired with someone who does bad work.

by Anonymousreply 3009/19/2012

I found this show OnDemand the other week, and it's actually quite delightful.

With the exception of the crazy-ass Joe, all of the contestants seem like reasonably decent people, and what I consider totally refreshing is that when one of them is struggling, the rest of them all pitch in to help. It's just nice to see a reality show where backstabbing isn't the norm.

I'm pulling for Laura, I think. I would also do the remaining twin five ways to Sunday, if he takes off that stupid knit cap.

by Anonymousreply 3109/19/2012

I just started watching this show several weeks ago. The current season's finale is next week. Just wondering if anyone here has kept up with the show. I think Tate will probably win.

by Anonymousreply 3210/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!