Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Does Paul Ryan's Black Ex-Girlfriend Matter?

It seems Homeboy Paulie has had a taste of some Mmmm, Mmmm, brown sugar.

As reported on Twitter by CNN's Pete Hamby, Ryan said he has a black sister-in-law, but perhaps even more interesting, his "college sweetheart" was African American.

by Anonymousreply 4901/21/2013

He didn't marry her though. Probably another white dude who wanted to know what it was like to get a black girl into bed. Truly, a Republican cliche...and when you think about it, a Democrat one as well.

by Anonymousreply 108/21/2012

So what does this prove? That the people making a big deal out of it are racist?

by Anonymousreply 208/21/2012

But was she black black?

by Anonymousreply 308/21/2012

Why the hell would it matter OP? Unless he has expressed racist sentiments, I cant see why anyone would care.

You werent suggesting that this is a reason not to vote for him were you? Because if you were then you are a complete imbecile. Theres plenty of reason not to vote for that ticket and an interracial relationship isnt one of them!

by Anonymousreply 408/21/2012

Nothing bad, it was good. Ryan had the best girl he could. But when he took her home to meet his mama and papa, Ryan knew just where he stood.

by Anonymousreply 508/21/2012

R1 is correct.

He didn't marry a girl he dated in school, so that definitely proves he's a racist, and his family hates black people. Thanks for posting OP.

by Anonymousreply 608/21/2012

Works the PX90, drags his mom to functions, dated a black girl....

Hmm. Are we barking up the wrong tree?

by Anonymousreply 708/21/2012

Ryan's probably a closet case. There are so many closeted ReThugs, it's mind boggling. I worked with a few.

The most obvious public closet case is Crazy-Eyed Michelle Bachmann's husband. ReThugs are bunch of freaks, liars and hypocrites.

I don't care who Paul Ryan dated, he could have dated an old moldy shoe for all I care, he's a weird, misogynistic, lying ReThuglican and that should be enough to turn any gay person off.

by Anonymousreply 808/21/2012

Blackest Berry Make the Sweetest Juice, my milkshake is good one thing my mom gave me...Black Girl

by Anonymousreply 908/22/2012

by Anonymousreply 1108/22/2012

Once you've had black, it's hard to go back.

by Anonymousreply 1308/22/2012

Fuck off r12. Go back to your cave.

by Anonymousreply 1408/22/2012

Was she a legitimate black?

by Anonymousreply 1508/22/2012

[quote]Ryan's probably a closet case. There are so many closeted ReThugs, it's mind boggling. I worked with a few.

More about this, R8. Do you suspect Ryan? Who else that isn't typically mentioned or pingy do you suspect? BTW, I completely believe you.

by Anonymousreply 1608/22/2012

Hmmmm - there goes any Democratic strategy of painting him as a racist. Makes him a kindred spirit with Obama - a fellow white man (half) nailing a black woman.

by Anonymousreply 1708/22/2012

Have you seen his wife lately?

by Anonymousreply 1808/22/2012

by Anonymousreply 1908/22/2012

This is an interesting development, and it's trending #1 at Yahoo!

I honestly don't know what to make of it. On the one hand, it shows that he's open-minded and not your traditional Republican bigot.

On the other hand, he's still a Republican asshole who although he doesn't hate blacks, he does hate the elderly, the uninsured, and poor people.

So in essence, he's still a jerk.

by Anonymousreply 2008/22/2012

50/50 chance he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 2108/22/2012

Does she really exist? Let's meet her.

by Anonymousreply 2208/22/2012

R21: I'd take 70/30.

by Anonymousreply 2308/22/2012

I think a comment made to me on this subject years ago, by my INCREDIBLY racist and right-wing Republicunt step-grandmother, probably fits the sentiments of most of her fellow racist assholes: "It's fine to play around with one" (meaning a black girl - she said this to me when I was in college) " ... just don't bring her home." (As in "don't even THINK of marrying that negress!")

by Anonymousreply 2408/22/2012

This was actually best summed up by Blair Warner on an episode of "Facts Of Life" many decades ago: "There are girls you marry and girls you...don't".

by Anonymousreply 2508/22/2012

[quote]Shows intelligent people are NOT racist.

Are you suggesting the Ryan is intelligent?

by Anonymousreply 2608/22/2012

by Anonymousreply 2708/22/2012

Since he didn't marry her, the wingnuts will generously forgive him for dating outside the master race. And they'll use her as proof that they aren't racists.

I hope she speaks out against him.

by Anonymousreply 2808/22/2012

Mark Fuhrman dated a black woman before the OJ trial. Wasn't this presented as evidence that he's not racist? He now lives in the Idaho panhandle.

by Anonymousreply 2908/22/2012

Good question/point, R22. Seriously. I didn't think of that, maybe she doesn't. But they can always trot someone out if need be.

by Anonymousreply 3008/22/2012

I'm disgusted by this man and his beliefs, but I don't give a damn who he's dated. Where is this belief that if a man dates outside of his race he must be closeted coming from? That's incredibly racist, as if only white women are "legitimate" partners. If a white man is married to a white woman, then comes out and starts to date outside of his race, what does that say about him? These backwards rules of yours seem arbitrary.

by Anonymousreply 3108/22/2012

R31, it's a common belief in many gay circles of all races.

by Anonymousreply 3208/22/2012

At least she has a good sense of humor:

by Anonymousreply 3308/22/2012

How about the crazy idea that someone can be a perfectly good person, with a normal dating history, but we jut disagree with his philosophy and do not want him to govern us?

by Anonymousreply 3408/22/2012

doesn't he have an illegitimate kid that he has nothing to do with?

by Anonymousreply 3508/22/2012

[quote]'m disgusted by this man and his beliefs, but I don't give a damn who he's dated. Where is this belief that if a man dates outside of his race he must be closeted coming from?

They're coming from a handful of wishful-thinkers. No rational person thinks Ryan is gay, and CERTAINLY not that dating a black woman is a sign of living in the closet (well, unless you're Big Gay Al Reynolds and marry Star Jones). I don't think anyone here gives a damn who he's dated, either, but that's not the point; his racist/redneck/uptight Republican base supporters very much DO give a damn who he's dated, and the fact that he dated a black woman lowers him in their pathetic view.

by Anonymousreply 3608/22/2012

"doesn't he have an illegitimate kid that he has nothing to do with?"

No, that's Gov. Scott Walker. It enrages me that not only the mainstream media but the tabloids refuse to follow up on that. It's true. It happened. Every reporter at the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel knows it. But oh, they can't report on "personal matters." FUCK THEM.

by Anonymousreply 3708/22/2012

R26 Ryan is smart as hell. People that believe he hates the elderly prove that the press does all the thinking for most people. Medicare is in trouble. Congress has been robbing Meficare for years. It can not last like it is. Just wait till you are 65 and try to find a doctor that will still take Medicare. Most won't take a new Medicare pt now. The Democrat answer is to ignore it and use the issue to scare people instead of fixing it.

by Anonymousreply 3808/22/2012

Congress has been overfunding Medicare for years. Doctors are legally entitled only to about 80% of what they've been getting, and even that is too high because they've been allowed to raise prices 7% per year when inflation in the rest of the country has been flat.

by Anonymousreply 3908/22/2012

It's not wishful thinking. Men whose families would not accept gays, but who would be offended but accepted interracial dating, are often presented with the black girlfriend as the first step on the road to accepting gaydom.

by Anonymousreply 4008/22/2012

[quote]How about the crazy idea that someone can be a perfectly good person, with a normal dating history, but we jut disagree with his philosophy and do not want him to govern us?

How about, for forty years we've been faced with a Republican party that will break any law, commit any violence, and throw out the Constitution in order to win. There is no opposition candidate they haven't defamed, libelled, and slandered in that time. They have attempted to select and identify even the young leaders on the left, so they could target them for personal character assassination, targeting them with fake performance reviews, fake neighbor complaints, fake liens on their credit, employment blacklists, you name it. They picked Bill Clinton for destruction because they feared him as a candidate fully ten years before he actually ran. And they are more sophisticated today. They are probably making lists of top College Democrats now, so they can conduct this kind of campaign. Remember, they are a PERMANENT MINORITY party who knows they can only achieve success by taking out the leadership class of the opposition as individuals.

by Anonymousreply 4108/22/2012

Where is this fabricated girlfriend? This story was throw out for public consumption and no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 4208/27/2012

We get to meet her. Ryan did well:

by Anonymousreply 4309/01/2012

She's quite gracious. I like the way she wishes him well and says he's a great guy but then makes it quite clear that she's voting Obama.

by Anonymousreply 4409/01/2012

I know her. (More like "knew" her; it's been years.) She's super sweet.

by Anonymousreply 4609/01/2012

At the Inauguration the camera caught Paul trying to get a little time with Beyonce. He might've married a stereotypically bland white woman, but he clearly has a preference :)

by Anonymousreply 4701/21/2013

Does this mean he's going to dump Aaron Schock for Allen West?

by Anonymousreply 4801/21/2013

Ha! That cracks me up R47. Then again Beyonce's almost white herself now....

by Anonymousreply 4901/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!