Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Are the Kennedys paying Taylor Swift to date Conor for good publicity after Mary's death?

BARNSTABLE, Mass. -- Country singer Taylor Swift joined several members of the Kennedy clan, including boyfriend Conor Kennedy, in a somber weekend visit to the grave of his mother on Cape Cod.

Swift and Kennedy held hands and at one point appeared to bow their heads in prayer, as did his siblings, while visiting the resting place of Mary Richardson Kennedy on Sunday.

The 52-year-old Mary Kennedy hanged herself May 16 in a barn behind the couple's home in Bedford, N.Y., amid bitter divorce proceedings and a battle with depression and addiction.

by Anonymousreply 5310/26/2012

This is why I don't believe Swift wrote any of her own songs either. She is a puppet for sale, who does what she is told.

by Anonymousreply 108/21/2012

I thought Datalounge was paying her to date a Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 208/21/2012

Taylor Swift has more money than the Kennedys

by Anonymousreply 308/21/2012

It wouldn't surprise me in the least, since the Kennedys are the greatest spinmeisters this country has ever seen.

The problem is, the RFK branch can't get away from their trashy Skakel origins. A teen age boy is a teen age boy, but it still looks horseshit for this kid to be all over the place with an entertainment celebrity so soon after his mother's death.

by Anonymousreply 408/21/2012

She may have more money, but she's quite common. But then, the Kennedys are common too. Basically lace-curtain Irish.

by Anonymousreply 508/21/2012

She has more money than all of them combined. Why would she be motivated by a pay off? And what 'good publicity' would it garner them?

by Anonymousreply 608/21/2012

What does lace curtain mean?

by Anonymousreply 708/21/2012

Why would she need to make money like this? She Made 60 mil in just one year.

by Anonymousreply 808/21/2012

yeah, but they are connected, in different she is maximizing her 15min, her fans will soon outgrown her "music"...

by Anonymousreply 908/21/2012

I thought it was common DL knowledge that Taylor engages is PR-related relationships for money/media attention. Or does DL now think her past dalliances like with Gyllenhaal were legit?

As for why the RFK family would arrange this, the Kennedys being in the news for the kid dating Taylor is positive PR in the wake of all the awful stuff about RFK moving his dead wife's grave and being so shitty to her bio family in the funeral. RFK needs good publicity to stay in the good graces of the media and public for his political activism.

How the hell does a 22-year-old mega star get set up with an 18-year-old boy who only matters because he's from a famous family except by PR people? And obviously PR people are involved or how else would the media know everything about her buying a house right next to the Kennedys or going to visit the dead mom's grave.

by Anonymousreply 1008/21/2012

I think R10 makes good points, but his sister Kick who is an "aspiring" actress (and I use that term loosely) seems to be behind a lot of quotes to the press - no doubt to keep her name in the NY Post. Whatever the case, there seems to be some new story every other day (Taylor buys a house, Taylor visit dead mom's grave). At least if Taylor hangs around maybe she'll get some sod & flowers for dead mom's grave since no one else seems to give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 1108/21/2012

Swift bought a $5 million home across the street from the Kennedy compound. She's investing big bucks in this relationship.

by Anonymousreply 1208/21/2012

Does Swift want to get into movies? Because RFK's sis could help her with that.

by Anonymousreply 1308/21/2012

i agree it's gotta be fake, a normal 22yr girl would never bother with an 18yr old boy. 22yr gals are more interested in worldly, experienced guys/men and not immature boys.

by Anonymousreply 1408/21/2012

How many guys has she dated? She seems to date an awful lot.

by Anonymousreply 1508/21/2012

With each successive stunt of hers, I'm starting to think that Kanye was right.

by Anonymousreply 1608/21/2012

Saw footage of this ridiculousness (visiting the mom's grave) on Entertainment Tonight.

The younger brothers were jumping around and playing! Wtf, assholes, way to respect your dead Mommy!

by Anonymousreply 1708/22/2012

What is the appeal of her?

by Anonymousreply 1808/22/2012

She's rumored to be a lesbian and this kind of 'high profile' bearding arrangement sealed the deal for me.

Can you imagine the fans' outburst when they find out that all her broken failed relationship songs over some (closet case) guy were more fake than usual?

by Anonymousreply 1908/22/2012

Yes, r14, except Taylor is developmentally challenged. He girl has he IQ of a lemon.

by Anonymousreply 2008/22/2012

The one relationship of hers I don't get is John Mayer.

Was that a publicity thing for him to rehabilitate his image after how pissed people were at him after what he said about Jessica Simpson?

After reading Swift's wikipedia bio now I'm thinking maybe she's using the Kennedys to satisfy her future political ambitions.

by Anonymousreply 2108/22/2012

Meh! She likes the kid. His social connections dont hurt. RFK is probably encouraging him to get some of that Country Music money - a daddy pimp if you will.

But its so random, it can only be real.

by Anonymousreply 2208/22/2012

r23, you homophobes are so predictable. You say queens never disappoint, but I'm guessing one of the big disappointments in your life is that even queens turn their noses at you.

by Anonymousreply 2408/22/2012

I'm a frau who started the thread. You can't blame queens for my conspiracy theory. FYI.

by Anonymousreply 2508/22/2012

This is just so bizarre. Does an average 18 year old whose mom died recently under tragic and strange circumstances start dating so quickly and so publicly? I find this icky. Is it just me?

by Anonymousreply 2608/22/2012

r26 - The average 18 year old is self-absorbed to a callous degree. And the younger kids probably don't really understand the situation.

Do you think Taylor hired a stylist for this relationship? Her wardrobe seems almost costume-y.

by Anonymousreply 2708/22/2012

Well, that explains it @ R25. This thread and the AC/Ben threads are infested with them.

by Anonymousreply 2808/22/2012

Sorry r28. I have nothing to do with the AC/Ben threads and I've been here since 2004.

So apparently the day before they visited the dead mom's grave they crashed a Kennedy cousin's wedding when they were told to stay away to not take attention away from the bride. What douches.

Taylor Swift crashed the Kennedy wedding in Boston over the weekend and did not leave after being twice asked to do so, the mother of the bride, Victoria Gifford Kennedy, told the Track yesterday.

But Swift’s publicist insisted that the country superstar was a welcome guest and that the bride was happy to have her share the spotlight.

A source at the hotel reported seeing Swift being asked to leave the Fairmont Copley Plaza hotel where Kyle Kennedy, the daughter of the late Michael Kennedy and Victoria Gifford Kennedy, was celebrating her marriage to Liam Kerr on Saturday. So we rang up Vicki for the 411.

“They texted me an hour before the wedding and asked if they could come,” Vicki Kennedy said. “I responded with a very clear, ‘Please do not come.’ They came anyway. ... I personally went up to Ms. Swift, whose entrance distracted the entire event, politely introduced myself to her, and asked her as nicely as I could to leave. It was like talking to a ghost. She seemed to look right past me.”

But Swift’s spokeswoman Paula Erikson insisted it was not true.

“There is no truth to that,” she said. “Taylor was invited to the wedding and the bride thanked her profusely for being there.”

According to Vicki, Conor was invited to the wedding, but he never RSVP’d. When she got a text asking if he and his new girlfriend could come to the reception, the mother of the bride declined, because she didn’t want the country superstar to detract from her daughter’s big day.

But Swift and Conor showed up at the hotel and the singer’s appearance caused a mild commotion in the lobby with fans asking for pictures and autographs. Vicki said the duo left the reception during the dinner — and indeed pictures of Taylor walking through Haymarket in her wedding outfit were posted on Twitter and the singer was spotted in the North End. But, Vicki said, they returned after the meal and spent the rest of the night dancing at the reception.

by Anonymousreply 2908/22/2012

I'm so sure Kathie Lee has a comment about this (the MOB is her stepdaughter.)So it's three-two-one annnnnnd *go*!

by Anonymousreply 3008/22/2012

r26, they've been dating since Christmas 2011. Conor was 17. That was the bigger ick factor. They waited until he turned 18 to go public, which happened to be a few weeks after his mother's suicide.

by Anonymousreply 3108/22/2012

So, let me get this straight. You invite a family member to a wedding and tell him he can bring a guest on the invitation, but when you find out the guest is famous, you retract the invite? Ridiculous. Of course it was obnoxious of Conor not to RSVP, but he's an 18 y/o kid and he doesn't have a mother to hound him about the etiquette of responding to wedding invites. What a loser that woman (MOB) is for making a scene and trying to throw them out instead of graciously allowing them to be a part of it.

Also, I know when I forgot to RSVP to a wedding once, the MOB called me to ask if I was coming. (I had misplaced the invite and completely forgot about it). You don't just let it slide and assume the non-responders aren't coming. You have to call and confirm.

by Anonymousreply 3208/22/2012

Taylor always wanted to be the "Next Shania." Both woman are/were obsessed with the creation of fake images, fake songs that are essentially meaningless and pretend to be fantastic singers when really their voices are fake/studio constructed. It really is an art form, and both are profiting heavily from it.

by Anonymousreply 3308/22/2012

[quote]What does lace curtain mean?

"Irish Lace" refers to tattered fabric full of holes. You can't mend the curtains so you call them 'lace' as though you wanted them to look like that. It's a dig on the Irish for being poor.

by Anonymousreply 3408/22/2012

R34, what does "shanty Irish" mean? My grandmother used to say it.

by Anonymousreply 3508/22/2012

r34, creative guess, but not really. Lace curtain Irish means you could be dirt poor, but had higher aspirations. Social climbers who thought they were better than their shanty neighbors. Shanty Irish were the poorest of the poor Irish immigrants who lived in shanty towns.

My father descended from both, and married my mother, a Boston Brahmin. I guess the lace curtain Irish side won.

by Anonymousreply 3608/22/2012

Taylor's realtionships are all staged, timed for the release of something like a new album or a perfume launch, etc. Her public image is someone who writes about her heartbreak. So she needs to be seen with boyfriends.

Sometimes the guy realizes he's being used and splits and other times they enjoy the publciity ride. Her fame boost them.

Yes, her outfits are like costumes. As if she has a wardrobe she is also peddling while she gets photographed with the Kennedy boy. Wouldn't surprise me if she launched her own fashion line.

I don't think Taylor was seeing Conor in 2011. I thought she was chasing after Patrick Schwarznegger for a while. She has a house in LA and she met him at a party or something. Maybe it was something charitable.

Anyway, allegedly, Patrick who introduced her to Conor. Rory Kennedy's documentary about Ethel screened at Sundance, and that was the first time Taylor was public with that RFK crowd. Before that it was L.A. & Patrick. But Patrick, for reasons we can all guess at, wasn't headed in her direction.

by Anonymousreply 3708/22/2012

R32 is missing the point: When some asks you to leave the wedding they are throwing for their daughter, you fucking leave.

This makes Swift seem like such a mentally unstable, fake cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3808/22/2012

Taylor is her own manager. So if this is all PR she must a brilliant strategist for someone of only 22!

by Anonymousreply 3908/22/2012

[quote]Yes, her outfits are like costumes. As if she has a wardrobe she is also peddling while she gets photographed with the Kennedy boy. Wouldn't surprise me if she launched her own fashion line.

Actually, the Entertainment Tonight bit, after showing the "happy couple" at the gravesite, talked about how Swift is obsessed with Jackie O and wants to look like her. They then showed many of Swift's outfits that looked similar to stuff Jackie O had worn.

by Anonymousreply 4008/22/2012

I thought the same thing, R40. She's doing that whole head scarf thing Jackie used to do when sailing on the cape with JFK. She looks like she's in period costume, on location, filming a movie that's set in the early 60's.

by Anonymousreply 4108/22/2012

Hmmmm this piece speculates the house purchasing rumors are just Taylor being a front for the Kennedys to buy a neighboring property from a family that hates them and wouldn't sell directly to the Kennedys. Now that actually makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 4208/22/2012

R42, funny you should say that. When I saw the aerial view of the neighborhood I was surprised that the Kennedys would have allowed anyone else to buy property that close to theirs. They don't have to pay Swift to date Conor; he's clearly got some issues (Mother died under shady circumstances, he was left back in school at some point.) It's like "The Godfather" -- she does them a favor, and in turn she gets publicity money can't buy.

by Anonymousreply 4308/22/2012

What a little piggy girl she is. She a Nasty Thing. She barge where ever she want, then she ignore the people who tell her "Go Away!" Thats why people think she's popular. but she's not. Old piggy girl.

by Anonymousreply 4408/23/2012

It's just hilarious that Kathie Lee Gifford of all people gets to pop the bubble of truth regarding little miss sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 4508/24/2012

[quote]Swift bought a $5 million home across the street from the Kennedy compound. She's investing big bucks in this relationship.

Posted at r12 on August 28. Today, Perez Hilton says it's true.

by Anonymousreply 4610/21/2012

It seems like she's acting, playing a part. I saw photos of her swimming with the Kennedy cousins, she had a high waisted old fashioned bathing suit with matching red lipstick.

by Anonymousreply 4710/21/2012

[quote]Of course it was obnoxious of Conor not to RSVP, but he's an 18 y/o kid and he doesn't have a mother to hound him about the etiquette of responding to wedding invites.

You're too generous, R32. Bambi lost his mother at a much younger age & you don't hear about HIM failing to respond to wedding invitations. Besides, Conor is hardly alone in the big world -- he's got more aunts & uncles & cousins than the Elephant Child to guide him through all this tricky etiquette stuff.

by Anonymousreply 4810/21/2012

[quote]she had a high waisted old fashioned bathing suit with matching red lipstick.

It was P.R. for her newest album that came out this week. The name of the album: Red

by Anonymousreply 4910/22/2012

Big bust-up!!!

Swifty just closed on the seven-bedroom, five-bathroom home in the Kennedy family’s Hyannis Port neighborhood but the romance seems to be over.

No doubt, she'll announce that she's writing a song about it.

by Anonymousreply 5010/25/2012

and yet, amazingly, she'll find a willing Kennedy to take it off her hands.

by Anonymousreply 5110/25/2012

OK Taylor broke up with the kid as soon as she purchased the house.

Now I think this relationship was just a cover to help the Kennedys get their hands on that property next to Ethel's house.

I bet she sells it to the Kennedys within a year.

by Anonymousreply 5210/25/2012

She'll have one of her people write a song about the breakup and her name will be listed as the song writer.

by Anonymousreply 5310/26/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!