Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tom Ford Warns Gisele to Start Worrying Now About Losing Her Looks

[quote]"This sounds negative, but when you're considered one of the most beautiful women in the world, it's very, very hard when that starts to slip away. It's hard to feel good about yourself when people react to you differently. And, Gisele, I hope you're not reading this, because it's going to sound so negative but I know through some of my best friends who are really famous actresses — I'm not going to mention their names — who were at one point considered to be among the most beautiful women in the world at different periods of time, and how hard it is for them emotionally. So I hope Gisele is prepared for that, because it's so difficult."

by Anonymousreply 9303/03/2013

It is so much easier to be one of the most attractive men in the world, because we retain our allure far into middle age.

by Anonymousreply 208/21/2012

Not patronizing at all.

by Anonymousreply 308/21/2012

She should talk!

by Anonymousreply 408/21/2012

Tom is the lady who should start worrying about her looks.

She's a botoxed, injected mess.

by Anonymousreply 508/21/2012

He's right. I mean, I don't understand the hate. FF R1 please.

by Anonymousreply 608/21/2012

Gisele was never beautiful beautiful. It's her body that was in demand, not her face.

Tom is right: fading beauty is a cruel thing for most women, certainly women who've made careers out of their looks but I believe Gisele won't have any problems because she's ridiculously wealthy; she's Brazilian and like I said her face wasn't the main attraction.

by Anonymousreply 708/21/2012

What he is saying isn't at all mean and is completely true and worth saying. Some people clearly lack reading comprehension.

by Anonymousreply 908/21/2012

Gisele is very masculine. She is very M2F. I think she'll be fine.

Tom Brady likes masculine women. The other brad he dated was very masculine as well.

by Anonymousreply 1008/21/2012

[quote]Gisele won't have any problems because she's ridiculously wealthy; she's Brazilian and like I said her face wasn't the main attraction.

Didn't stop Demi Moore or Heather Locklear going insane as they aged out being the young hot thing. In something like this I don't think money is that much of a comfort.

by Anonymousreply 1108/21/2012

I love how he casually mentions that some of his best friends are really famous actresses.

by Anonymousreply 1208/21/2012

There are plenty of older women who've aged gracefully. Sophia Loren and Catherine Deneuve spring to mind. Maybe it's because they're not American. If that's the case, Giselle should be fine.

by Anonymousreply 1308/21/2012

Anyone who's seen Gisele without makeup knows she's far from the most beautiful woman in the world.

by Anonymousreply 1408/21/2012

Farrah Fawcett lost her goddamned mind when she began aging out of being a hot young thing. She was never the same.

by Anonymousreply 1508/21/2012

Gisele has extremely high cheekbones and a square jaw--good scaffolding. The only thing she'll have to worry about is her neck, which is why God invented the cowl-neck sweater.

by Anonymousreply 1608/21/2012

Don't know why he focused on that witch-looking Gisele, as she is certainly not known for her beautiful face. But everything he says is true. If Faye Dunaway had decided to age naturally, and ease into character parts, she would still have a thriving career, and respect for her work. Instead, she decided to try and compete , at 60+, with younger actress', and sustain a 'glamour look' in roles- instead of going for the juicy parts, a woman of her age could have. Vanity is all.

by Anonymousreply 1708/21/2012

"but I know through some of my best friends who are really famous actresses — I'm not going to mention their names — who were at one point considered to be among the most beautiful women in the world at different periods of time, and how hard it is for them emotionally. So I hope Gisele is prepared for that, because it's so difficult."

Really thoughtful of Tom to be so discreet as to not name names so as not to embarrass any of those women.

One can only guess as to why he wouldn't have exercised the same judiciousness before making this public plea to Gisele.

ASSHOLE!

(but I do love my Tom Ford glasses).

by Anonymousreply 1808/21/2012

Dumb and emotionally immature actresses like Demi Moore and Farrah Fawcett freak out.

by Anonymousreply 1908/21/2012

He has no problem mentioning Gisele by name, but draws the line at naming actresses? Classy. He's no Karl Lagerfeld.

by Anonymousreply 2008/21/2012

[quote]but I know through some of my best friends who are really famous actresses — I'm not going to mention their names — who were at one point considered to be among the most beautiful women in the world at different periods of time, and how hard it is for them emotionally

One of these women has to be Gwyneth. She has clearly lost her mind. And she and Ford are friends.

by Anonymousreply 2108/21/2012

Has anyone seen the hot pics of a nude Tom Ford snapping a towel at the rears of two nude male models in the shower?

by Anonymousreply 2208/21/2012

[quote]And, just for fun, here is one of the more awkward moments in the interview:

[quote]Brady: By the way, how many times?

[quote]Ford: Say that again?

[quote] Brady: How many times have you worked with [Gisele].

[quote]Ford: Oh God! I thought you meant how many times did I sleep with her. I was about to say ‘Never.’ You sounded so tough.

For fuck's sake. Does that tired old queen think ANYONE believes for even half a second he fucks women?

by Anonymousreply 2408/21/2012

Gisele MAJORLY looks positively EQUINE with that HORRIBLY UGLY HORSE FACE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2508/21/2012

I'm going through this right now. It's agonizing.

by Anonymousreply 2608/21/2012

[quote]Tom Brady likes masculine women. The other brad he dated was very masculine as well.

The other brad?

I always thought Tom Brady was ein warmer Bruder.

And to Tom Ford: Some of us age beautifully so piss off you sad twat.

by Anonymousreply 2708/21/2012

Oh honey, she's been worrying about losing her looks since she turned thirteen.

by Anonymousreply 2808/21/2012

Considering that her cumulative income to date, including her husband's, is in the $300 million range (and Tom has another decade of $20-million-a-year football to look forward to, barring injury), I don't think she has to be terribly worried about losing her looks (which, yes, will happen, even though Tom Ford has somehow figured out how to defy age).

by Anonymousreply 2908/21/2012

I never thought Gisele was a beautiful model, she almost ruined "The Devil Wears Prada". I always thought Linda Evangelista was the most beautiful, Gisele looks like a bitchy horse.

by Anonymousreply 3008/21/2012

If we're discussing aging models, we must bring up Kate Moss as well. How on EARTH is she still getting consistent, A-list work after a full two DECADES as a model? (and she's lived a party-hard live for much of it on top of it all) I'm pretty sure that's unprecedented - I can't think of any other supermodels who weren't relegated to C-list campaigns after 35 or so.

by Anonymousreply 3108/21/2012

How did she "almost ruin" The Devil Wears Prada when she only appeared in one scene and had fewer than three lines?

by Anonymousreply 3208/21/2012

Clearly has issues with women, but he makes a very valid point. Women lose their value rapidly as they age. Somewhere between 30 and 40, a hot woman goes from the most valuable thing in the world to being basically worthless.

Most women don't seem to grasp that their gifts are temporary. They think they'll be the center of attention until they die. Ford is right. It must be very difficult to go from "hero to zero" like that. But, dude obvioiusly has issues w/ women.

by Anonymousreply 3308/21/2012

"If we're discussing aging models, we must bring up Kate Moss as well. How on EARTH is she still getting consistent, A-list work "

IMHO she's a tabloid celebrity now, and tabloid celebrities get ad campaigns even if they look like hell. Shows you what fucking Johnny Depp and Jude Law can do for a girl's career.

by Anonymousreply 3408/21/2012

[quote]Considering that her cumulative income to date, including her husband's, is in the $300 million range (and Tom has another decade of $20-million-a-year football to look forward to, barring injury), I don't think she has to be terribly worried about losing her looks (which, yes, will happen, even though Tom Ford has somehow figured out how to defy age).

It's not about money, it's the psychological toll it takes on women when they find they are no longer the center of attention, when younger women, at the height of their sex appeal, eclipse them. And if Tom Brady decides to go for a younger wife (it could happen).

by Anonymousreply 3508/21/2012

All male fashion designers become hugely bitter and offensive as they age--indeed, I think they were secretly bitter and offensive when they were younger, but no one noticed either because they were hot when they were young or at least cute. Now Tom's hitting his 50s he's turning into Karl Lagerfeld. I foresee very quickly in his future a large duenna's fan, plus many comments about the Oksen twins and Miley Cyrus.

by Anonymousreply 3608/21/2012

You're right, r29: all people ever need to be happy is a lot of money. It solves all problems.

by Anonymousreply 3708/21/2012

Ford is such a tacky cunt. What is it with queen blabbing on about shit publicly?

by Anonymousreply 3808/21/2012

Would he ever pull a "Galliano", R36?

by Anonymousreply 3908/21/2012

He sounds a passive agressive bitch.

by Anonymousreply 4008/21/2012

[quote]IMHO she's a tabloid celebrity now, and tabloid celebrities get ad campaigns even if they look like hell.

I don't think that's the reason. Naomi Campbell has been a tabloid staple for years thanks to her rage issues, but she hasn't worked consistently in eons (and has now whored her pussy out to a Russian oligarch to treat her in the manner to which she's become accustomed, since she can't pay her own way anymore).

I think Kate Moss gets away with it at least in part thanks to airbrushing and personality (as the only British supermodel besides Naomi, she's "cheeky" and likeable); it's not like she still does much runway work.

by Anonymousreply 4108/21/2012

He's a douche but he's right. While I was never a major model, my identity was totally wrapped up in my looks. I was gorgeous til about 30. Now I'm good looking, but not in that striking way. I NEVER thought I even cared, until it went away. It's fine now, but it was tough to readjust to life after pretty. If you're entire identity is wrapped up in your looks, it would be a thousand times harder than I what I went through.

by Anonymousreply 4208/21/2012

You gotta love girls losing their looks. Most of them deserve it. Women that are genuinely good people will create love in other ways, and will go on receiving love and attention.

by Anonymousreply 4308/21/2012

He could have at least offered her some positive advice from the bottomless font of his wisdom, experience and taste: like taking the attention off her face by shaving a Gucci logo into her greying pubes.

by Anonymousreply 4408/21/2012

[quote]Naomi Campbell has been a tabloid staple for years thanks to her rage issues, but she hasn't worked consistently in eons (and has now whored her pussy out to a Russian oligarch to treat her in the manner to which she's become accustomed, since she can't pay her own way anymore).

Poor Naomi; she's become quite tragic. She's spent ALL of her money? Dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 4608/21/2012

But I thought with botox, fillers and good surgery every woman looks young and beautiful forever?! It erases age comletely! They always look like they're in their 20's, like Nicole Kidman!

by Anonymousreply 4708/21/2012

Gisselle looks like a man with a major evil C attitude

by Anonymousreply 4808/21/2012

Elton, Brett Easton, Michael and now this. There's seems to be an unusual amount of bitchy chatter from famous pissy queens fulfilling a need to express their unwanted opinions to the general public.

by Anonymousreply 4908/21/2012

This says a lot more about him, in my opinion....

by Anonymousreply 5008/21/2012

Some gay men LOVE it when women age since they're so resentful of the male attention female beauty attracts. I have seen more than one formerly handsome man stumble when his looks went.

by Anonymousreply 5108/21/2012

Physical beauty is passing - a transitory possession

Except for me, of course.

by Anonymousreply 5208/21/2012

I agree with 31. Kate Moss is getting more work than EVER. Isn't she 40 now? She is one fucking rich bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5308/21/2012

Kate Moss has that same elfin quality like Winona Ryder where she always looks like a youngster.

And how thoughtful of Tom to be giving this advice publicly. That'll help reinforce the message for her own good.

by Anonymousreply 5408/21/2012

Turnabout is fair play. Giselle should now write an article blaming his molasses-slow "A Single Man" for speeding up her aging process.

by Anonymousreply 5508/21/2012

Giselle has always been a smart bitch and so has Tom Ford. He's probably playing a practical joke on her and she's in on it. There has to be a motive. Nobody can be that impossibly shallow. Oh wait, we're talking about Tom Ford. Scratch that. Who do you think his gaggle of famous movie stars are? I bet Gwyneth's one of 'em. Remember how she and Madonna tag-teamed JLo at Gianni Versace's party after JLo said something about Madonna in the press?

by Anonymousreply 5608/21/2012

Tom is such a bitch. I've met Gisele and she is NOT into herself at all. My sense was that she thinks it's hilarious that's she's getting so much acclaim for what she does. She was very disarming, humorous, lovely personality. This was before she got married. We shared a cig outside.

by Anonymousreply 5708/21/2012

R57 I always thought she seemed very down to earth. You don't see her getting drunk off her ass while being shoveled into an SUV. You see her with her husband or her kids. She seemed very loyal to Leo. And now she seems loyal to Tom.

by Anonymousreply 5808/21/2012

Very true, R51. Unless a person dies young, aging hits everybody, men and women alike.

Tom Ford has the depth of a mud puddle. It's too bad his message wasn't about recreating oneself as an interesting person rather than being obsessed with looks, which fade.

by Anonymousreply 5908/21/2012

He's like Justin Beiber talking about Prince William's hair loss. Can't these dummies just shut up and post their bitchy comments anonymously on Datalounge?

by Anonymousreply 6008/21/2012

Haa! Tom Ford probably just really really wants Tom Brady to pound his hole.

Just another jealous queen. Nothing to see here.

by Anonymousreply 6108/21/2012

Gisele smokes?

Her baby will be damaged. Not to mention her face. Smoking really ages the face.

by Anonymousreply 6208/21/2012

I can't stand Gisele, because she completely pussy-whipped Tom Bradey.

by Anonymousreply 6308/21/2012

Someone hand Tom Ford a mirror.

Brady knows hes punching above his weight there. Actually the whole country knows, and they keep reminding him. Cant remember a proper interview where it didnt come up that he scored Gisele.

by Anonymousreply 6408/21/2012

r63, she is a she devil!

by Anonymousreply 6508/21/2012

Why is Tom Ford so consistently such a judgmental cunt? He's rich, he's famous, he's handsome... his only problem is that he's aging. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 6608/21/2012

Is he projecting or what? Obviously he's scared to death of losing his looks.

by Anonymousreply 6708/21/2012

How embarrassing. He's right, but the fact that he would ever even vocalize that particular thought is a reflection of his issues and his own state of mind.

by Anonymousreply 6808/22/2012

He's a typical fag being a bitch. At least Gisele knows what is like to have amazing looks, Ford will never know what that is like.

by Anonymousreply 6908/22/2012

"Amazing looks"? You bet!

by Anonymousreply 7008/22/2012

He's right.

I'm a formerly young and hot flyover frau far, far from the world of wealth and world-class beauty that the Bradys and Ford inhabit.

Still, when you reach that moment when you walk into a room, get a quick once-over, then notice how all eyes shift to the younger, hotter person and stay there, it's a jarring experience.

Suddenly, through no voluntary act of your own, you've ceded the stage, never again to feel that hot, heady spotlight.

I dwelled on it for a bit, then, bemused,I accepted it.

Of course, fortunately, my exit from an anonymous stage tucked into rural America isn't on a world class stage that Bundchen has.

Who knew that there are some advantages to the lifestyles of the poor and obscure?

by Anonymousreply 7108/22/2012

Focus on animals. And racism.

by Anonymousreply 7208/22/2012

I agree that Gisele's body is what made her famous, not her face. Tom Ford is absolutely right. Let's name other famous models whose faces are busted but bodies are tight. I'll start.

Miranda Kerr (face looks like she was hit with a sack of pennies)

That broad Leo was linked with from Israel (name escapes me)

by Anonymousreply 7308/22/2012

I don't think Gisele would have become THE model of the 2000s without dating Leo to get her name out there. Same with Bar Refaeli, whose face is completely unremarkable and plain for a model.

by Anonymousreply 7408/22/2012

I remember hearing an interview on NPR with Audrey Hepburn and how she was pretty devastated when she aged out of youthfully pretty- how men wouldn't run and buy gifts, open doors, buy drinks, etc. That was one person that I wouldn't think that would have those kind of feelings.

I've worked with Kate Moss on Halloween a few years ago, and the poster upthread is correct- she's a thing of photoshop- crooked nose (from all the blow), zits, cold sores, flabby body Despite this, she's a fashion muse and icon.

Naomi still works BTW- she did Cavalli earlier this year, and this is from June (photoshopped to hell, naturally):

by Anonymousreply 7508/22/2012

Well. Della kills another thread by making it all about her. How surprising.

by Anonymousreply 7608/22/2012

Just a hunch, but I bet these comments spring from a crush on Tom Brady and a (perhaps) sunconcious desire to make him find his wife less desirable.

by Anonymousreply 7708/22/2012

R76: and then you make it about your pettiness. At least her remarks were interesting.

by Anonymousreply 7808/22/2012

He's right.

by Anonymousreply 7908/22/2012

The models of today are nothing like those in the glorious 90's. Just look at George Michael's video for verification.

by Anonymousreply 8008/22/2012

Christie Brinkley is getting loony too. Although I do think she looks great for her age.

by Anonymousreply 8108/22/2012

You're sweet r78. Thanks.

Btw, this is ot, but based upon the Vanity Fair article on Bunchen around the time she started going out with Brady (6 or7 years ago?)you would know DiCaprio is gay.

She's very careful about her remarks about him. Too careful. If you read between the lines it's apparent they may have been very close friends, but a couple? Naaah.

Perhaps it's archived.

by Anonymousreply 8208/22/2012

Kate Moss sells product and magazines. That's why she keeps getting big contracts despite being old.

by Anonymousreply 8308/22/2012

Kate Moss turned herself into a real fashionista, so everything she wears makes news and there are thousands of girls who want to emulate her style. That keeps her in business long after her expiration date as a model.

by Anonymousreply 8408/22/2012

One of Tom Ford's closest friends is Julianne Moore, but I hate thinking she was one of the women he was talking about.

by Anonymousreply 8508/22/2012

gay men age worse then straight men

by Anonymousreply 8608/22/2012

[quote]One of Tom Ford's closest friends is Julianne Moore

I'm sure he refers to her as such, but I would bet money she does not refer to him in the same way.

by Anonymousreply 8708/22/2012

Julianne Moore looks great in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 8808/23/2012

He was definitely talking about Julianne Moore. They must be feuding.

by Anonymousreply 8908/24/2012

by Anonymousreply 9008/26/2012

Interesting that two of the people who are most ungracious publicly about women are gay men: Lagerfeld and Ford. I think they are both kind of embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 9108/26/2012

It's true with men too, so don't be so smug. You lose your virilaty and hotness - I remember looking at a recent pic of mel gibson and saying, "OMG, he looks so ollllld!"

by Anonymousreply 9210/10/2012

He can't be playing with a full deck.

by Anonymousreply 9303/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.