Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you think there is other intelligent life in our solar system?

I mean, they always talk about "life as we know it." But maybe there are life forms based on other elements. Mars is really the only planet they have real pictures of, and yeah it looks pretty dead.

But how do they know there aren't some weird life forms swimming around in all those gaseous clouds on Jupiter?

And what about underground civilizations? I've always believed there is an underground civilization on Venus, ever since a dream I had when I was like 8 years old. A lady came to me and told me she was from Venus, and was communicating with me telepathically.

Apparently, Venus was an inhabitable planet millions of years ago, with civilized and intelligent humanoid life. When the atmosphere started to change, they moved their civilization underground, where they now live.

They have evolved into a very sophisticated race with telepathic powers and communicate with certain Earthlings in that manner. I've been to a Meetup group with other people who've had my same experience. It was freaky. But I believe it's real.

by Anonymousreply 6410/10/2012

I'm not convinced there's any on this planet.

by Anonymousreply 108/21/2012

No. Not even on Earth.

by Anonymousreply 208/21/2012

Yes, but I doubt the beings look anything the way we imagine beings to appear.

by Anonymousreply 308/21/2012

Monreal has underground shopping.

by Anonymousreply 408/21/2012

Milky way.

by Anonymousreply 508/21/2012

OP, did all the people in the group meet the same Venusian?

by Anonymousreply 608/21/2012

R6, there were maybe three different Venusians who appeared to the various members of the group, but the same female Venusian who appeared to me also appeared to others. And they all told the same story. It was rather creepy.

by Anonymousreply 708/21/2012

Not in my neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 808/21/2012

R7, what else did she tell you?

by Anonymousreply 1008/21/2012

The rest of the solar system is a vast desert, devoid of life. We are it and very alone.

by Anonymousreply 1108/21/2012

No, I think we are alone in the universe.

by Anonymousreply 1208/21/2012

No, but I'd expect there to be other intelligent life in the galaxy.

by Anonymousreply 1308/21/2012

It doesn't matter, we will never have contact with them.

by Anonymousreply 1408/21/2012

here's the answer

by Anonymousreply 1508/21/2012

R10, she told me a bit of vague history about Venus and that they were now beginning preliminary contact with humans via telepathy.

Venusians lived for a time on the surface but basically destroyed their planet in much the same way we're destroying ours. War, disease, and environmental catastrophe killed most life on Venus, but some of them were able to escape underground, where civilization prospered.

They're a very different kind of life form now. Still vaguely humanoid, but far more spiritually advanced. Apparently they have ceased attempting to communicate with humans.

At least one group member reported being contacted much later by what seemed to be a Venusian supreme leader who told him that humans were far too barbaric and that the Venusians felt threatened by Earth's technological advances and that these preliminary communications were being stopped immediately.

So, they do not think very highly of us, to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 1608/21/2012

Watch this amazing 3D video of our "world" and tell me there isn't something else out there

by Anonymousreply 1708/21/2012

There must be. There certainly isn't much evidence of it on this planet.

by Anonymousreply 1808/21/2012

I'm full of shit, y'all. I'm sorry.

by Anonymousreply 1908/21/2012

The video at R17 just reminds me of walking across a parking lot in Winnipeg during a snowstorm.

by Anonymousreply 2008/21/2012

She got it and Venus was her name

by Anonymousreply 2108/21/2012

R11, R12, Do you think that there is at least some form of basic plant life in our galaxy? I don't know either way, I'm just curious if it's possible.

by Anonymousreply 2208/21/2012

Sadly no. We're alone in the solar system unless *maybe* there's an ocean under the ice covering Europa. There might be some form a sentient life down there, but it's unlikely.

Some of the other outer moons like Titan and Ganymede might harbor some primitive life, but that's about all.

There just aren't many even potentially habitable spots nearby.

by Anonymousreply 2308/21/2012

I think there are an infinite number of intelligent lifeforms in the universe as a whole, but only microbes or very primitive one-celled creatures in our own galaxy.

by Anonymousreply 2408/21/2012

Take your meds, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2508/21/2012

Not in what we understand to be our universe. They are many other dimensions we cannot consciously comprehend due to the limitations of our three dimensional existence in a physical body limited by five senses.

by Anonymousreply 2608/21/2012

As they are intelligent, they are smart enough not to answer the door when we come calling. "Those barbaric little idiots are still looking for us," they say. "Can't we use a big mirror to fry their planet?"

by Anonymousreply 2708/21/2012

Don't know about other life in our own solar system, but at this point I now believe that there's no way the crop circles we've seen over the past several years have been made by humans. They're just too incredibly complex. Has to be something "beyond us", only what I don't know.

Check out the link to see recent designs. The one's from this summer alone have been incredible - some kind of pictorial communication or messaging to us. What it means though - ?

by Anonymousreply 2808/21/2012

In our solar system, no. In the universe, yes.

by Anonymousreply 2908/21/2012

this is how they are made

by Anonymousreply 3008/21/2012

r26, you really think aliens made this?

get some sleep, hon

by Anonymousreply 3108/21/2012

What R23 said. But it's going to be microbes and we probably don't want to be fucking with alien lifeforms at that level unless we want to get all fucked up and shit.

by Anonymousreply 3208/21/2012

In our solar system? No. Unless they're visiting.

by Anonymousreply 3308/21/2012

"Other" intelligent life in our solar system?

I'm not sure there's *any* intelligent life in our solar system.

by Anonymousreply 3408/21/2012

Intelligent life hasn't yet been created. Because we can wrap our arm around our neck and slap our back, some think we might be the first on our planet, but I say, think again.

by Anonymousreply 3508/21/2012

There's certainly none in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 3608/21/2012

OP and others should check out Clifford Simak's sci-fi/fantasy novel [well, collection of related short stories, really] called "City".

by Anonymousreply 3708/21/2012

R31 that was most likely made by humans - that website catalogs all crop formations made in the UK and other places, regardless of what their origin is believed to be. There are several formations listed that clearly were made by human hands. It's easy to spot the difference.

Do you believe that people made this? It cropped up literally overnight (made in the dark) out of nothing, like most of the complex crop designs always have.

by Anonymousreply 3808/21/2012

Crop Circles are people!

by Anonymousreply 3908/21/2012

When looking for life "out there" in the universe, I think we are looking in the wrong direction - or rather, in only one possible direction.

Infinity is infinity. It doesn't just go out there forever. Other "worlds", civilizations and life forms might be light years inside your dining room table.

by Anonymousreply 4008/21/2012

Yes, I believe all crop circles are made by humans. The video shows that it's not very difficult to do.

by Anonymousreply 4108/21/2012

R16 why would they be afraid of our technology? We don't seem particularly advanced to me, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 4208/21/2012

Why yes, yes I do OP.

by Anonymousreply 4308/21/2012

Solar system? No. Galaxy? Probably at least two dozen spacefaring (or beyond) civilizations.

by Anonymousreply 4408/21/2012

It just doesn't seem logical to me that we'd crop up here with all these animals and no conditions nearby would be conducive to the same.

by Anonymousreply 4508/21/2012

R46 has OCD

by Anonymousreply 4708/21/2012

Recently, I've become intrigued by alien life forms and just the thought that right now in the universe there are aliens and whatever technology they have fascinates me. Some of them potentially have been advanced for millions or hundreds of millions of years.

by Anonymousreply 4808/21/2012

Intelligent life? Please. It's VENETIANS, ye ignorants. Have you ever heard of a "Venusian" blind?

by Anonymousreply 4908/21/2012

My favorite planet s Neptune because it's blue.

by Anonymousreply 5008/21/2012

If they find an alien, Taylor Swift will date it.

by Anonymousreply 5108/21/2012

Venetian blinds are named for Venice, dingbat, not Venus.

by Anonymousreply 5208/21/2012

R52 = abject moron

by Anonymousreply 5308/21/2012

Sun Ra was from Saturn. Who am I to say different?

by Anonymousreply 5408/21/2012

That Venusian talk is silly.

by Anonymousreply 5508/21/2012

Venusians have very silky skin.

by Anonymousreply 5608/21/2012

[quote]they were now beginning preliminary contact with humans via telepathy.

[quote]Apparently they have ceased attempting to communicate with humans

Which one is it?

by Anonymousreply 5708/21/2012

Yes, OP.

I totally believe that you believe it.

by Anonymousreply 5808/21/2012

They just gave up.

by Anonymousreply 5908/21/2012

I think the aliens will save us from ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 6008/22/2012

If you have some time, I highly recommend reading about the Fermi paradox. It's fascinating!

by Anonymousreply 6108/22/2012

I love shopping!

by Anonymousreply 6210/10/2012

OP Love, it was probably either a fairy or a demon, you met. This is the sort of practical joke that they love to make these days. After all there is little money in all the hell and brimstone stuff now. There is no longer anything on Venus, on the surface or Underground. Reason why is simple, atmospheric and air pressure and temperature. Waayy too high. Can squash and melt steel and continents! See Venera Probes by Russia. Hypothetically material lifeforms in this case would have bailed out and left either for Earth or Mars, the more logical and simpler option for endangered intelligent lifeforms in possession of technology in this scenario. Natives would not be able to survive biologically never mind Humans!! So any intelligent life if still around is likely to be either energy or plasma based rather than 3-D carbon since these can survive in such harsh environments, unless you're a microbe love.

So next time you meet your Venusian Friend, tell her all of the above or else sent her my way and I'll soon sort her out with some simple lessons in physics and biology 101. Sounds like she needs to see a shrink for issues or see a psychic to evict whatever entity took possession of her faculties during her hippy days, perhaps after watching too much Star Trek and ingesting drugs.

BTW anyone searching for Extraterrestrial life, I suspect it's in reality inter dimensional entities from Planet Earth itself that are visiting rather than from other planets. That's not to say that there isn't life out there, I believe that there is but I DON'T believe that every Tom, Dick and Harry with a brain in our intergalactic neighborhood is visiting us. The odds of that happening is considerably and impossibly astronomical to case!!! Personally I think that the phenomena is closer to home and is hiding a far more sinister agenda contrary to what these things may claim. And the real target is humanity itself.

by Anonymousreply 6310/10/2012

Lower life forms will be discovered on Planet Romney, around the year 2037.

by Anonymousreply 6410/10/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!