Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

NEWS FLASH - First Ronn Moss now multiple Emmy Winner Susan Flannery ***QUITS*** B&B!

At this rate they will be able to hire ten new people off their salary!

by Anonymousreply 4111/26/2012

I heard. I'm really upset. I love Flannary. I am going to miss Ronn too (believe it or not)

I don't think the show can survive w/o two core members

by Anonymousreply 108/21/2012

KKL has released a statement saying she is in it for the long haul.

by Anonymousreply 208/21/2012

Flannery is staying now.

by Anonymousreply 308/21/2012

She is not stayin.

by Anonymousreply 408/28/2012

We should have killed get off when Stephanie gad "inoperable Stage IV brain cancer".

by Anonymousreply 508/28/2012

According to SOD Flannery has agreed to stay until the end of December.

by Anonymousreply 608/28/2012

I think her departing storyline involves a helicopter crash that also takes out Steffi and Liam and Hope and ...and...and...

by Anonymousreply 708/28/2012

"Why does Grandma look like a lesbian?"

by Anonymousreply 808/28/2012

Yeaaaahhhhh ..... maybe I'll be signed back on as a regular core character now, instead of this recurring shit.

by Anonymousreply 908/28/2012

AND today Steve Burton announced he is leaving General Hospital. He only has a few weeks of taping to go.

by Anonymousreply 1008/28/2012

Why did Flannery quit...or why is thinking of quitting in December?

by Anonymousreply 1108/28/2012

She just couldn't stand the thought of looking at those inflated, cartoon-like duck bill lips on Hunter Tylo's face any longer.

by Anonymousreply 1208/28/2012

They should have her exit through a window in a pink shirt.

by Anonymousreply 1308/28/2012

Flannery is rather butch. I remember when she was fierce. It's been a while.

by Anonymousreply 1408/28/2012

Cried my eyes out today when stephanie says goodbye to everyone. Flannery deserves a fifth emmy for this. This show will never be the same. Dont care how many teeny boppers they hire. Anyone know why brad bell chose to kill her off? Instead of just having her leave town or something? Susan is not retiring.

by Anonymousreply 1511/13/2012

She is retiring from acting. Ronn Moss lol..he will be back..who else is he going to play but woooooden RIDGE.

by Anonymousreply 1611/13/2012

R16 No she told soap opera digest shes open to another acting role but will focus on directing too. Just dont know why brad bell would close the door on her character in case she wants to make a guest appearance. She might have told him i will not return in any way shape or form i guess.

by Anonymousreply 1711/13/2012

She was told she was getting a pay cut and decided not to take it.

by Anonymousreply 1811/13/2012

She is moving to Provincetown with her wife Patricia Routledge.

by Anonymousreply 1911/13/2012

R18 how do you know? Do you work at cbs? Ronn moss basically left for the same reason. It just seems they really dont want susan back in any capacity by killing stephanie off. Doubt she will change her mind to come back even as a ghost. The show is in decline anyway.

by Anonymousreply 2011/14/2012

Susan would have to retire at some point for health reasons anyway, and she has had cancer in recent years, but I'm surprised the show would be willing to let go its best actress.

No one else on there will win the Emmys that she has.

by Anonymousreply 2111/14/2012

The Bold & The Beautiful needs to end. It has been on the air since 1987. Twenty five years is long enough. It would be embarrassing to keep the show going on longer.

by Anonymousreply 2211/14/2012

R21 Heather tom has won two so far. Jennifer finnagan the first bridget won 3 in the younger actress category. Susan says shes not retiring. Open to another role. But will focus more on directing. She told this to soap opera digest.

by Anonymousreply 2311/14/2012

OP, Susan "retired." It's not like she threw a hissy fit and marched out of the studio. At 70+ she wants time enjoy the rest of her life.

by Anonymousreply 2411/14/2012

R22 Bradley bell wants to run it into the ground. Susan leaving will leave a gaping hole in it that this show will never recover from. Ronn moss was never any kind of actor but filled the prince charming roll well. Bell thinks by handing the show over to the teenagers the show will last another 25 years.

by Anonymousreply 2511/14/2012

I'm still wondering WTF happened here?

Poor Lucci. Rotten treatment. I think this was the last year she was nominated.

by Anonymousreply 2611/14/2012

Mark my words - Flannery is in talks with NBC/Sony to reprise Dr. Laura Horton on Days of Our Lives.

by Anonymousreply 2711/14/2012

Bradley Bell needs to dream on, r25.

by Anonymousreply 2811/15/2012

Could she look any dyke-ier? If she came onto the stage with Ellen sitting on her face, maybe...

by Anonymousreply 2911/15/2012

Does anybody remember Flannery aa JR's love interest Leslie Stewart on Dallas in the early '80's? They had surprisingly good chemistry together, maybe she can reprise the role on the new Dallas.

by Anonymousreply 3011/15/2012

The show is circling the drain now but the flush will be soon once Susan leaves. The eternal Hope/Steffi/Liam/Thomas/Caroline fuckery has killed any momentum and none of the younger actors have the depth or skill of the older ones. I wonder when the show gets the axe in the States, they will move production overseas to Italy to serve the show's still-large Euro fanbase? I heard that the guy who played Clark is a huge star over there and Ron Moss's website was in English and Italian.

by Anonymousreply 3111/15/2012

R31 do you think Heather Tom has the depth or skill of the older ones?

by Anonymousreply 3211/15/2012

Heather is one of "the old guard", R32. She has been a soap star since the early '90's and is probably the best actor on the show since Susan is now out the door.

Jacqueline MacInnes Wood is perhaps the best young actor on the show. She makes the scenes with Liam tolerable.

by Anonymousreply 3311/15/2012

Over at General Hospital, Maurice Bernard isn't renewing his contract.

by Anonymousreply 3411/15/2012

R34, seriously?? THis is some big f---ing news! Wonder if he (Benard) hates the OLTL regime? No more "General Mobster"? Wow, if they kill of Sonny - that would be SOME plot! (or recast??) Years, ago Jack Smith, former EP of "Y&R" said in an interview if Maurice Benard became available, he would love to hire him. Jack Smith is long gone from Y&R; not sure if works for DOOL. And this interview (assuming my memory is correct) is about 7 years old. INTERESTING re Benard...

by Anonymousreply 3511/15/2012

She is still going to direct the shows (they have a few directors they rotate) - Yes they were offered less money but that is the soap biz these days with 2 ratings...there is not as much money from advertisers and an ensemble daytime cast costs a lot - it's why they keep rapid aging kids and focusing on those storylines - unknowns are cheap.

by Anonymousreply 3611/16/2012

Soaps are a dying breed - only cbs has two on the air.

by Anonymousreply 3711/16/2012

R37 on daytime maybe but in primetime soaps are everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 3811/16/2012

Was today her last airdate?

by Anonymousreply 3911/26/2012

Ahh, this is totally bonkers and cute!!

by Anonymousreply 4011/26/2012

R39 yes terribly sad episode if you watch the show.

by Anonymousreply 4111/26/2012
Need more help? Click Here.