Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What's the best dishwasher to buy ?

Need to replace my dishwasher . Would love the Bosch, but is it worth to spend the money, or would I be just as happy with a Samsung ?

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 6403/09/2013

An illegal Mexican is pretty cheap and will let you blow him for $20.00

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 108/20/2012

Miele, Bosch or KitchenAid, depending on your budget

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 208/20/2012

I would consider it a personal failure if you were to buy a Samsung dishwasher. Horrible company, terrible design and engineering, and they just say you didn't install/operate it correctly and voided the warranty.

Look at it this way: you can spend $1000 on a Bosch now, or $1600 for the Samsung and the Bosch when you finally give up and toss the POS.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 308/20/2012

Bosches are expensive to repair, shockingly so.

Be forewarned.

Great machines though. Very, very quiet.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 408/20/2012

Bought a Bosch at a Sears Outlet about 6 years ago for $250.00 (it had a sratch in the front). Been a perfect appliance since then. Quiet, never needed a repair. Highly recommend. Look around for a deal.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 608/20/2012

Maytag makes a great dishwasher... check consumer reports for ratings. Almost every manufacturer has a super quiet model.. I find it difficult to tell if my Maytag is running. It has the stupid hidden control panel (why that is popular I don't know) so sometimes I will open it to check if it is in fact running.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 708/20/2012

Sears does not sell Bosch, you bought a knock-off

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 808/20/2012

Get a Kenmore. It will never breakdown, and IF it does, it is pretty much an easy repair visit from Sears. And yes, they do sell Bosch...but they are much pricier for doing the exact same thing....

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 908/20/2012

I bought my Bosch at Sears.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 1008/20/2012

Why do you need a dishwasher? Seriously!

Do you have a big family?

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 1108/20/2012

I have a Dishlex. I love the damn thing. I run it once a week and couldn't be happier. It wasn't particular expensive either.

I decided when I turned 40 that I would no longer wash dishes.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 1208/20/2012

Miele. Got mine for 11 years now. Never needed to repair. Same goes for the washing machine, that is even older, approx. 16 years.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 1308/20/2012

r1

Best answer

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 1408/20/2012

Bosch

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 1508/20/2012

My Bosch started leaking and American plumbers couldn't figure out how to fix it. Theyd order partsmwhich took weeks to come in since they are German. Finally replaced the thing with a Kitchenaid.

I personally wouldn't choose to buy Bosch again, but I also wouldn't bumpy a jaguar car because of the expensive and specialized repairs necessary to keep it going. I'm simple like that.

Therenare plenty of quiet dishwashers. Just read the db ratings.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 1708/20/2012

The one NOT made in China.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 1808/20/2012

FYI, Bosch is sending me letters, the last one certified, warning me that continued use of my dishwasher will result in almost certain electrocution and death.

They're offering to fix it, but it's obvious that they would prefer to give me several hundred in credit towards a new one of my choice.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 1908/20/2012

Illegal Mexicans eventually meet and talk to other Mexicans and get ideas. That's why I prefer an illegal Mongolian.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 2008/20/2012

Is Bosch the one Angela Merkel has? If so, it's got to be good cause you know that bitch aint got time for that shit.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 2108/20/2012

Don't you people just throw out the dishes and order in new ones?

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 2208/20/2012

Another vote for Miele - 14 years without any problems. Very quiet, too.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 2308/20/2012

I like my Kenmore Elite. Made by Whirlpool. Super quiet. Great price.

No problems in seven years.

Cleans the tough stuff.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 2508/21/2012

Jose

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 2608/21/2012

Filipino.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 2708/21/2012

Kenmore is declasse beyond words. You *want* people to know you shop at Sears? For fuck's sake, bitches! At LEAST get a Whirlpool instead, given that they're functionally identical.

Boschs are, in my experience, pieces of shit, and as noted they're a bitch to repair because they're designed so differently from most other models sold in the U.S. I have a Miele and love it, but I'd get a KitchenAid if I needed something slightly cheaper; better quality than Bosch and the "look" is roughly the same.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 2808/21/2012

My Bosch came with the condo. Two and a half years and so far no problems. It is very quiet - you don't even know it's on except for a faint click when it changes cycles.

The Bosch dryer on the other hand...I want to throw it out the window.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 2908/21/2012

What about GE? Whirlpool?

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 3001/13/2013

Kenmore

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 3101/13/2013

Bosch! Sear does sell Bosch! They sold and installed ours (we live in Spring Hill Fl.). We also had one (a Bosch dishwasher.) in Miami for thirteen years that never had one problem/repair. Our new one is silent and it will clean a crusty metal baking pan or anything else.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 3201/13/2013

My friends built a new house and put in a kitchen aid dishwasher. It was falling apart within two years. The rubber gasket thingie fell off of the doors; the things that stick up that you put the dishes between kept bending with the slightest pressure and eventually started to snap right off from metal fatigue; and when you pulled the bottom drawer out it would come almost all the way out and it was a hell of a time getting it back on its tracks.

I would, however, recommend getting two drawers if you are single or there are just two of you. They are a great power and water saver.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 3301/13/2013

R16 - just bought a Frigidaire (Gallery line), which was $499 on sale - got it on sale for a hundred bucks off or so. Great dishwasher - very quiet, cleans well. The only thing I don't like is not knowing where in the cycle the washer is at. With the old knob-style I had, I could see how much longer there was to go. Other than that, it's really good. My folks have a Kenmore and it's noisy as hell by comparison.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 3401/13/2013

I have a Miele dishwasher and a laundry pair. Fabulous appliances. Look no further OP.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 3501/13/2013

You can use my maid!

Con-sue-ela! Consuela!

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 3601/13/2013

This is the kind of hardward that goes on sale all through January, you know. Like a Sears. I have a sears kenmore, works terrific for about $400. My friend bought an expensive Stainless Steel one with a foreign name, and it won't clean his dishes unless he cleans them first in the sink. You can skip that with a kenmore.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 3701/13/2013

Ge, steer clear, I've a couple in one kitchen that have been nothing but trouble, monogram....three new keypads on one, two on the other, three motherboards, two motherboards, recall, sensor issues...problems. but, I love the lighted interiors and their look.

Another home

JennAir flawless except kind of loud. No interior light...no issues, ever.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 3801/14/2013

Don't go with the electronic motherboard kind, go with the older fashioned pushbutton. The electronic motherboard kind were never meant to be used in a a humid environment, and they will short out pronto. They are expensive.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 3901/14/2013

I was told the non American dishwashers are the only ones that have garbage disposals in them. Anyone know if this us true. Apparently those with the built in disposals work best and last much longer. Seems they would also be best on your plumbing.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 4001/14/2013

Which one is the best on cum stains?

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 4101/14/2013

"Ge, steer clear, I've a couple in one kitchen that have been nothing but trouble"

Yes. There is (for good reason) a saying: Friends don't let friends buy GE.

Here's another vote for Miele. For quality of construction, nothing else comes close. I've had mine for almost six years now, without a moment's trouble.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 4201/14/2013

I have a KitchenAid Architect Series stainless steel dishwasher. It's nice looking and runs great.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 4301/15/2013

Speed Queen in you want American made.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 4401/18/2013

Frigidaires are great and American made.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 4501/18/2013

Another vote for Kenmore. It is extremely quiet, has a number of cycles, gets the dishes clean and I got it on sale with free delivery.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 4601/18/2013

We have an LG and we love it.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 4701/18/2013

Nothing but problems with a Bosch. Finally replaced it with Kitchen Aid, no issues.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 4801/18/2013

Contrary to popular belief, Bosch dishwashers are a piece of shit. We had one a few years ago and the shitty thing used to leave food and dishwashing detergent residue on the dishes all the fucking time. We got rid of that shit and got a Kitchen Aid and it's great.

The lesson is that hype and expensive doesn't always mean better.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 4901/18/2013

Why does it necessarily have to be the BEST dishwasher? Can't it just be a good dishwasher that gets the job done?

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 5001/18/2013

LOL! I just read through the thread and realized that most people who had a Bosch hated it and replaced it with a Kitchen Aid.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 5101/18/2013

We've had two GE's in our houses and I didn't like them at all. They don't clean as well as I like and the one we have now, the soap dispenser doesn't open all the way and gets caught on the top rack. I frequently fine soap stuck to the door. I'm going with a Miele or Bosch when it's time to replace the one we have now.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 5201/18/2013

If you have a dishwasher that leaves a white film on some of your stuff, you might want to consider changing to the restaurant-strength Cascade powder, with phosphates. You have to buy it in large quantities and pretend that you're a restaurant, but it does the trick.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 5301/18/2013

The last 20 years I have had three Bosch dishwashers in three different homes. My current one is 8 years old and is still perfect! I never had any issues with them. They clean amazingly well, quite and use very little water. I would buy Bosch again in a heartbeat!

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 5401/18/2013

Bosch. I love mine. It was already in the house when I moved in ten years ago and I've never had a problem. Sometimes I test it by not bothering to scrape ANY of the baked on crud -- and it always comes out clean.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 5501/18/2013

Kenmore

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 5602/08/2013

A modern day truth:

*** NO APPLIANCE you buy today will last as long as the one you're replacing. ****

New appliances may have more features, but the repair parts will be gougingly expensive.

All manufacturers want you to buy their pre-paid service contracts. It's insane.

My personal buying philosophy: (1) I seek out the lower middle of the range and only on sale. (2) I look for appliances with simple mechanical controls rather than expensive chips and ICs, especially if the appliance uses water. And (3) I never buy their "service contracts."

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 5702/08/2013

GE forgot how to make reliable appliances 10 years ago. I bought everything for my remodeled kitchen from them. top of the line, and it all had to be replaced. Still crap.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 5802/09/2013

[quote]GE forgot how to make reliable appliances 10 years ago.

We try harder at factory than any ten year olds in Asia, missa.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 5902/09/2013

A clear one, of course.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 6002/09/2013

GE

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 6103/09/2013

I would not recommend GE. I have two GE monogram and they have been repaired many times, plus they had a fire risk recall where service had to instal a sensor that goes bad and you have to call for repair!

One has had three control boards

One has had two control boards

Touch pads both fail, and are stuck.

Sometimes they start by themselves.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 6203/09/2013

If you buy a GE appliance, I'll guarantee that after the warranty runs out you will regret your decision mightily.

Old GE appliances WERE good; new GE appliances ARE shit.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 6303/09/2013

I've had the same cheapo Whirlpool dishwasher for 15 years and I swear it works as good as the day I bought it.

by NYC'er , with dirty dishes piling upreply 6403/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.