Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Today Show falling apart.

Al and Natalie said to be giving new host Savannah the cold shoulder behind the scenes and even formerly best buds, Matt and Al no longer speaking to one another off air. NBC bosses getting concerned that they may have created a monster (Lauer) and that the fallout from firing former host Ann Curry has resulted in continued decline in viewership. Lauer said to be a power-hungry tyrant.

by Anonymousreply 19801/15/2015

TMZ article

by Anonymousreply 108/17/2012

It's their own fault - Matt's been pulling this since Katie left and they let him go on unchecked because they were afraid they'd lose him. Seriously, is anyone really watching this show because of Matt's mumbling anyway?

by Anonymousreply 208/17/2012

R3 -- ABC News Overnight did a feature on this.

by Anonymousreply 408/17/2012

yeah, i watched it the other day, not good. Savannah is totally not watchable...

by Anonymousreply 508/17/2012

I think the shit is hitting the fan, since Ann Curry got kicked to the curb. Viewers are starting to see Matt as not a nice guy, and his getting away with too much crap.

by Anonymousreply 608/17/2012

Bring Katie back!

Fire Matt!

by Anonymousreply 708/17/2012

Doesn't Lauer have a bastard child somewhere? Wasn't that discovered a few years ago, or am I just wishful daydreaming?

by Anonymousreply 808/17/2012

I've switched to CBS with Charlie Rose and Gail King. It is by far the best show in terms of content- Gail King is terrific, and Charlie Rose's nerdie journalistic instincts have kept it from become the total yellow journalism of NBC and ABC. I cannot watch Diane Sawyer. She is an amazingly beautiful woman, 64 or something- but it is because ice runs through her, not blood. She is easily the most diva-like of newsreaders I have ever watched. The others I like.

The Today Show went off the beam when it put Ann in the seat, I guess it got to Matt (she truly was awful- always has been, nice as she may be). And way too much yellow news- families of murdered or kidnaped kids etc giving knumbng interviews etc. Lauer perhaps has gotten a bit out of control.

by Anonymousreply 908/17/2012

Al Roker and Ann Curry are good friends. I am not surprised that he stood up for her.

by Anonymousreply 1008/17/2012

I am curious to know what the ratings will be now that the Olympics are done.

by Anonymousreply 1108/17/2012

Ann handled her firing brilliantly by not getting mad but rather by being the good trouper, doing as they asked of her but showing on the air her real sadness at being canned. Lauer and NBC now come off as having been monsters to this nice pretty middle-aged woman, and people have forgotten she wasn't very good at being the co-host.

by Anonymousreply 1208/17/2012

How did I guy who used to get up at the crack of dawn to do landscaping become the most powerful man in morning television?

by Anonymousreply 1308/17/2012

The Today Show from London seemed really amateurish to me. At one point, Matt called Savannah "Stephanie" which Al thought was hi-larious.

Since there's so much money at stake, it might be fun to watch the show scramble over the next few months.

by Anonymousreply 1408/17/2012

All accused Matt of throwing Ann under the bus - live - on air. Good stuff.

by Anonymousreply 1508/17/2012

Well look, there's tens of millions of dollars involved with salaries, so of course it's going to be hardball. Matt said it's me or her, and they chose him. They may have made the wrong decision, but I don't think it was unfair for Matt to make them decide. That's just life in the fast lane, folks.

by Anonymousreply 1608/17/2012

I can't watch channel 2 because of that redheaded queen that does the weather on WCBS. He's nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 1708/17/2012

Channel 2 where, R17? Nevermind, we can't be bothered with your little provincial weatherperson.

by Anonymousreply 1808/17/2012

I also hate the CBS 2 red headed weather man.

by Anonymousreply 1908/17/2012

I can't stand the red headed weather man on CBS2.

Matt Lauer has a bad flatulence problem.

by Anonymousreply 2008/17/2012

Matt Lauer reads to us like we are sitting in his lap. Ann Curry does the same thing. I half expect them to reach out of the TV and pat me on the head or bottom.

by Anonymousreply 2108/17/2012

r20 how in the world would you know about Matt's flatulence problem?

by Anonymousreply 2208/17/2012

I too switched to CBS recently, for the same reasons. But it does kind of scare me that Charlie and I agree on something.

by Anonymousreply 2308/17/2012

Matt Lauer's head is getting to be too big for his shoulders -- especially since he has NO neck!

by Anonymousreply 2408/17/2012

Put me in the CBS column also. News for grown-ups, no sensationalism. When a crime story heads the news, it's great when they go with John Miller, a pro's pro.

by Anonymousreply 2508/17/2012

Does anyone have a link to Al's statement about Matt throwing Ann under the bus or can you give me a recap?

by Anonymousreply 2608/17/2012

Another hate vote for that red headed freak weatherman on CBS. I want to punch him in his ugly face- he is that much of a turn off.

by Anonymousreply 2708/17/2012

r26: it's either upthread or on TMZ

by Anonymousreply 2808/17/2012

I remember Matt sitting next to Sue Simmons during that infamous Tom Arnold incident. He's certainly moved up in the world...

I also agree about CBS. GMA and Today give you about 15 minutes of world news and the rest is crap about whatever celebrity news story broke overnight. And Lara Spencer is beyond annoying!

by Anonymousreply 2908/17/2012

Despite huge efforts by TODAY show producers, Good Morning America continues to nip at their heels in the ratings war, and staffers of the embattled morning show are grumbling that they feel it was a mistake to replace co-anchor Ann Curry with Savannah Guthrie, is exclusively reporting.

"The staffers of the TODAY show miss Ann tremendously and feel it was a mistake to replace her with Savannah," a source close to the situation tells Radar. "Ann had been part of the TODAY show for over 15 years, and her send off was just horribly executed. It's not lost on anyone that GMA beat the TODAY show on Wednesday in the ratings yet again. Viewers have had enough and the show just isn't staying relevant. Morale is extremely low and something is going to need to change very quickly before they can get the TODAY show back in first place for good."

The TODAY show beat GMA on Monday and Tuesday, but the ABC show won the ratings race on Wednesday when Robert Pattinson did his first morning show interview since the cheating scandal involving girlfriend Kristen Stewart erupted.

As previously reported, during Thursday's show Al Roker seemed to take a dig at Matt Lauer for throwing Ann "under the bus."

"The ladies threw you in the water after winning the gold?" Lauer asked Olympic women's rowing team member and California-native, Mary Whipple. "The tradition here in New York is you throw her in the Hudson River."

Roker cheekily quipped: "Which is different to our tradition here which is to throw one of us under the bus! But that's a different story…"

After a second of stunned silence -- and nervous laughter -- both Lauer and Guthrie, said with a sarcastic tone, "Mr. Roker!"

The sly dig comes just a week after Ann practically stonewalled Lauer and his awkward attempts at small talk in her very first appearance on the TODAY show in London since she was replaced with Savannah earlier this summer.

"The crew would LOVE Ann back on set, some have even suggested privately that Matt Lauer take a long vacation and see how the ratings would shake out in that scenario," the source says.

by Anonymousreply 3008/17/2012

I love Charli Rose. He's a very good interviewer.

by Anonymousreply 3108/17/2012

Matt takes vacations all of the time. That's part of the problem.

Ann wasn't great at what she did, but there was no chance to develop any rapport with Lauer because he was hardly ever there. Good chemistry helps ride over the rough spots, but Matt apparently fucks around and his wife demanded that he spend more time at home. NBC accepts this ultimatum and even gives a guy a ridiculous raise to boot!

It's the same thing that happened with Meredith Viera. I actually thought Matt and Meredith made a very good team, but they were hardly ever together. Meredith had to work with a variety of co-anchors, including Curry.

Had they just done a good send off of Curry, though, I think none of the problems that are happening now would have occured. Her exit was horribly handled, and Matt came across as insincere.

by Anonymousreply 3208/17/2012

Wow good on Al. My opinion rose even though I thought Ann was horrible.

by Anonymousreply 3308/17/2012

"Channel 2 where, [R17]?"

WCBS - W C B S - is New York, dummy.

by Anonymousreply 3408/17/2012

This is what I don't understand. Hasn't almost everyone on DL been complaining about Ann for years? I when she replaced Meredith, didn't you complain even louder? So didn't you get what you wanted? She's gone, why are you still complaining?

by Anonymousreply 3508/17/2012

by Anonymousreply 3608/17/2012

I listen to NPR's Morning Edition. I switched when I just couldn't face all the ridiculous commericials first thing in the morning. ME is much better than any of the morning TV shows and when I want the weather I just go to a local station's website.

by Anonymousreply 3708/17/2012

You guys have always been complaining. First it was Katie that needed to go. Then when she left, you all said Ann needed to go. Now that she is gone, you guys are now saying Matt has to go.

Simple thing to do is not watch the show at all. Then you won't have anything to complain about.

by Anonymousreply 3908/17/2012

How exactly, R35, did you come to the conclusion that the posts complaining about Ann leaving were made by the same people who previously posted their hatred of Ann?

I know it must feel like the magic screen is conversing with you, but you should realize there are random, anonymous people writing the things you read on DL. When your mom calls you to catch you up on family gossip, do you say, "The telephone told me Aunt Edna's having hemorrhoid surgery! It's a much better source of info than the microwave."

by Anonymousreply 4008/17/2012

by Anonymousreply 4108/17/2012

We hate Matt since we found out he isn't gay.

by Anonymousreply 4208/17/2012

Whatever r40. You were one of the main ones bitching about Ann. Change the channel. Channel 13 has a great cartoon lineup.

by Anonymousreply 4308/17/2012

Well, the Today Show lost me. And that's a pretty goddamn big loss.

So suck it Today. You treated Ann Curry like shit. But she wasn't the problem. The problem is boring, smug Lauer--and I used to like him...and the Today producers who are airing schlocky, sappy and uninteresting segments.

I now watch MSNBC in the morning when waking up and getting ready for work.

by Anonymousreply 4408/17/2012

R38 = Matt Lauer

If you had kept your dick in your pants, there would have been no problems.

by Anonymousreply 4708/17/2012

I switched to CBS when Meredith left - I love Charlie Rose - v.bummed they got rid of Erica Hill.

Gayle is awful doing hard news (she never bothered me before because she wouldn't come on until 8 & I was long gone by then...)

Bring back erica - pls!

by Anonymousreply 4808/17/2012

I'm indifferent to Ann, but "The Today Show" totally botched the switch. To add insult to injury, icy, lantern-jawed Savannah tests very poorly with women - the main viewers of the show.

by Anonymousreply 4908/17/2012

I think Norah O'Donnell will be great with Charlie. Erika just vanished didn't she?

by Anonymousreply 5008/17/2012

Speaking of news,can some start a thread about the striking South African miners gunned down by police? I looked for thread but couldn't find one.

by Anonymousreply 5108/17/2012

Speaking of Matt's dick, he showed a lot , one day on the right, one day on the left in his tan pants while in London. Like him or not, he's still handsome.

by Anonymousreply 5208/17/2012

Guthrie would test even lower if they all new she was a homewrecker, too. And just went through a divorce with the guy.

by Anonymousreply 5308/17/2012

Ann's replacement should have been Hoda Kotb instead of Savannah. Hoda may not be the greatest journalist or interviewer, but she seems likeable and would bring some warmth to the show. Savannah seems cold and plastic. But NBC will never move Hoda off the fourth hour of "Today" because they could never find another journalist willing to work with and be insulted by Kathie Lee on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 5408/17/2012

This is what they get for hiring that talent-free asshole Jenna Bush. Hope the ratings continue down the shit chute.

by Anonymousreply 5508/17/2012

I will say that they did handle it wrong. Ann and Matt did not have chemistry and Ann is the wrong type for the main chair at Today. They should have had Ann quietly leave, then they should have just had a rotating list of anchorettes test with Matt throughout the summer and then reveal the new person after Labor Day. It would have generated interested and been a great ratings stunt.

by Anonymousreply 5608/17/2012

by Anonymousreply 5708/17/2012

Matt, Savannah and Natalie are BFFs. Part of the reason Savannah got the job.

by Anonymousreply 5808/17/2012

I'd like to see her face when she tweeted that, R58

by Anonymousreply 5908/17/2012

[quote]They should have had Ann quietly leave, then they should have just had a rotating list of anchorettes test with Matt throughout the summer and then reveal the new person after Labor Day. It would have generated interested and been a great ratings stunt.

R56. I disagree. Ann was fine. NBC should have kept her. However, NBC sole intent was to not have a "rotating list of anchorettes." NBC wanted to have the new anchor in place so that "the team" would be together each morning for Today's Olympics coverage. Waiting until Labor Day to name a permanent anchor was exactly what NBC was working to avoid.

So they chose Savannah. Bad choice. And a bad decision to let Ann go and keep Matt. He should go.

by Anonymousreply 6008/17/2012

R55, don't forget that ditsy Jenna Wolfe on weekends.

by Anonymousreply 6108/17/2012

Matt is NOT handsome without hair.

by Anonymousreply 6208/17/2012

I swear that anyone who's defending Ann Curry never watched her host the show—or, perhaps more accurately, *tried* to watch her host the show. Or maybe you've all forgotten what that was like. She was UNWATCHABLE: couldn't finish a sentence without stumbling, displayed no apparent sense of humor, oozed unctiously over her guests. It was unsettling and painful to sit through.

Savannah is great: Smart, a talented interviewer, funny *and* good at hard news. The complete skill set. It's like they built her in a morning-show-host factory. Unfortunately, she's pretty and single (not an asexual chipmunk like Katie Couric was when she took over), and NBC alienated the frauen by showing Curry the door. So the tabloids and the frauen are running with an emotional narrative: Husband replaces loyal older wife with younger model. It's not about that. It's about a job — presenting news, info and light features in a competent and appealing manner — and the fact that someone who could not do it well was replaced by someone who can.

by Anonymousreply 6308/17/2012

I like Fox and Friends. It's a lot better than any of the three network shows. Yeah

by Anonymousreply 6408/17/2012

Completely agree R63. I haven't been able to stand Curry since she fawned all over that vile gay basher Kunt Cameron.

by Anonymousreply 6508/17/2012

[quote]I swear that anyone who's defending Ann Curry never watched her host the show—or, perhaps more accurately, *tried* to watch her host the show. Or maybe you've all forgotten what that was like. She was UNWATCHABLE: couldn't finish a sentence without stumbling, displayed no apparent sense of humor, oozed unctiously over her guests.

I thought it was very charitable of NBC to pretend that Curry wasn't a good fit for the Today show because she was some hard-nosed journalist and couldn't handle the morning-show chitty-chat world.

It was clear she was trying her best, but hard news isn't and wasn't Ann Curry's forte even before she was on Today. She's a competent presenter and does fine presenting Dateline NBC.

Savannah Guthrie is much smarter and a better interviewer. So is Hoda Kotb, who is wasted (in every sense of the term) in her role as Kathie Lee's sidekick.

by Anonymousreply 6708/17/2012

I can't watch the "Today" show any more, and Matt is the reason. I agree with those above who say his ego is out of control. I like Savannah, but I have gone over to GMA for the foreseeable future.

by Anonymousreply 6808/17/2012

7 years ago you guys were saying Katie's ego was out of control.

by Anonymousreply 6908/17/2012

Cluck, cluck, frauen and faggen! All this sturm und drang over a silly morning news program that nobody of great intellect even bothers with.

Your worlds must be such quaint little places to inhabit! How's the needlepoint sampler coming? Don't forget to dust your Precious Moments figurines during the commercial breaks, dears!

by Anonymousreply 7008/17/2012

Not a nice lady r66? You haven't seen me in my little pink chiffon number. My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard!

by Anonymousreply 7108/17/2012

[quote]Cluck, cluck, frauen and faggen! All this sturm und drang over a silly morning news program that nobody of great intellect even bothers with.

I guess you "bother with it", asswipe, because you read the thread and posted.

Must be tough with your nose continually hitting the ceiling.

by Anonymousreply 7208/17/2012

Goodness no, I would never watch such tripe. Heaven forfend!

by Anonymousreply 7308/17/2012

Jim Bell (the EP) will be replaced shortly.

Ann was terrible.

Natalie has mashed potatoes where brains were supposed to be.

Savannah is cold and has no upper lip.

And crap like "Today's Professionals" and stories on the Kardashians at 7:30 have turned off viewers.

Hard to blame Matt.

by Anonymousreply 7408/17/2012

R74. Matt Lauer said to blame him when he was interviewed by Piers Morgan several months ago--before Ann Curry left. He said that he has been there (anchoring) the longest, and he takes responsibility.

Your points are valid except Ann was not terrible. She was quite good. Matt isn't terrible either, but he's no longer appealing. The Kardashian segments and other stupid nonsense has damaged Today extraodinarily.

by Anonymousreply 7508/17/2012

It all started when Matt lost his hair...

by Anonymousreply 7608/17/2012

I simply cannot watch anyone with a name like "Savannah." What the fuck kind of professional name is that? Matt looks like an anteater, too. With a duck's ass worth of fuzz on his bald head. The whole "We all love each other nicey nicey" schtick doesn't fly anymore, either. Count me in as another one who is now a CBS watcher. Gayle is good and so is Charlie. The bar is currently so damned low that those two easily hurdle over it.

by Anonymousreply 7708/17/2012

You guys have a point. Its not Matt's fault. NBC is at fault for not canning Matt when Meredith Viera left. That would have been the best time to can him. His attitude was already sour then, why do you think Viera was frequently absent??

Now NBC has dug themselves into a hole. They cant possibly get rid of Matt when the election is coming up. The ratings will tank to historic lows this fall since they are forced to keep him until the election is over. Look for Matt and Savannah to be gone in the Spring.

Hoda Kotb will be dealt an offer she cant refuse, and Kathie Lee will be forced to find a new cohost.

by Anonymousreply 7808/17/2012

[quote]Matt looks like an anteater, too.

by Anonymousreply 7908/17/2012

R77 - Savannah is a beautiful name. It's a lot more professional than Katie.

by Anonymousreply 8008/17/2012

But if NBC were to get rid of Matt, who would be his replacement? I suppose they could go with someone like Lester Holt, but they'd probably choose someone like Ryan Seacrest or Billy Bush -- someone who'd make the show even more unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 8108/17/2012

Well Anderson Cooper might need a job soon.

by Anonymousreply 8208/17/2012

Ann was not a good co-host--Lauer needs someone sharp and sarcastic, like Meredith or Katie to keep him in check, and he seems to like that kind of repartee--but booting Ann off altogether was wrong. SHe was a sweet presence and I like her soothing voice when she delivered the news.

by Anonymousreply 8308/17/2012

I've got the perfect solution: "From NBC News, this is Today with Luke Russert and Chelsea Clinton."

by Anonymousreply 8408/17/2012

R81. If Ryan Seacrest became the replacement, Today would sink into the abyss.

R84. You funny bitch. Good one.

by Anonymousreply 8508/17/2012

No, Ann was terrible. Lauer has become very unappealing.

But the show has too little news and too much boring filler. The entertainment portion now starts at least at 8:00 or sometimes earlier. And it stopped being true entertainment and more reality TV crap with the Kardashians and others getting too muc time. Does there have to be a cooking segment on each hour? Fashion for kids and celebrity outfit knockoffs boring. Too much tabloid "news".

Jenna Bush and even more Sarah Palin lost them a lot of viewers too. Palin was the final straw for me.

by Anonymousreply 8608/17/2012

Too many commercials. The Today Show is just one long stream of very boring, tedious, extremely frequent commericals.

by Anonymousreply 8708/17/2012

[quote]That's just life in the fast lane, folks.

The ultimate douchebag excuse.

by Anonymousreply 8808/17/2012

[quote]7 years ago you guys were saying Katie's ego was out of control.

Give me a break! That was different then.

by Anonymousreply 8908/17/2012

I used to be a huge Matt Lauer fan. I don't recognize him anymore---and I realize that the pressures of that job change people. But he seems inauthentic and self important. I used to watch the show in large part because of him. I moved to ABC before Ann Curry was kicked off. I peaked at the 'new team' and did not feel any interest. They handled it all so poorly.

by Anonymousreply 9008/18/2012

Savannah sounds like a porn star.

by Anonymousreply 9108/18/2012

I'm with you, r90. Used to love Matt, and thought Ann was OK as a newsreader but terribly out of her depth as an anchor. She is sort of a mewling quim. But the way that her departure was handled, and Lauer's apparent large role in it, is extremely off-putting. Savannah Guthrie is probably a nice lady but she's another non-entity. I'm watching CBS.

by Anonymousreply 9208/18/2012

Here's the awkward moment on "Today," courtesy of TMZ...

by Anonymousreply 9308/18/2012

R89 how was it different back then?

by Anonymousreply 9408/18/2012

It was a good show in the 1980's!

by Anonymousreply 9508/18/2012

I always really enjoy when Tamron Hall fills in during the weekends; she is doing a great job today. I also really enjoy Lester's hosting as well; I respect the hell out of him.

by Anonymousreply 9608/18/2012

Make Al the host. He looked hot during the Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 9708/18/2012

Al definitely earns points in my book for saying what he did on air about 'throwing people under the bus." I thought he and Matt were buddies, but maybe not?

by Anonymousreply 9808/18/2012

The whole format feels so outdated. They need to shake things up. Matt used to be hot and a strong host, but Katie was the star. When she left, I don't think he could carry the show .

by Anonymousreply 9908/18/2012

[quote]Make Al the host. He looked hot during the Olympics.

R97, you have the most bizarre taste in men ever.

by Anonymousreply 10008/18/2012

R12, thankyou thankyou.

Goodmorning, good morning.

by Anonymousreply 10108/19/2012

What's up with Lester's glasses? He can't wear contacts anymore?

by Anonymousreply 10208/20/2012

NBC insits that Al Roker was NOT talking about Ann Curry when he made the "bus" comment.

by Anonymousreply 10308/20/2012

didn't Matt sleep with Savannah and/or Natalie or both?

by Anonymousreply 10408/20/2012

Was there something to Matt not getting a chance to be the anchor of the closing ceremonies of the Olympics and it being Ryan Seacrest with Bob Costas instead?

I assumed it was just because the program was all about music so that's why they had Seacrest there but I also secretly hoped that NBC was slighting Lauer for his truly atrocious work on the opening ceremony telecast.

Would love to hear the news that Lauer has been canned from the Today show and anyone, ANYONE is in that chair instead.

by Anonymousreply 10508/20/2012

R103 - ABC News did a piece this morning where they broadly read the NBC stsatement that insisted "thrown under the bus" was a term ever used on the Today Show.

They actually counted 29 times it had been usd by a Today show host, but not the number of times the conversation centered on former Today hosts.

by Anonymousreply 10608/20/2012

I agree that the format is stale.

by Anonymousreply 10708/20/2012

R86, Jenna Bush is pretty good. At first she was awkward, but she has adapted well. She comes across as very interested in the story that she's doing. And she is very pleasant. Chelsea Clinton also does well with the Evening News stories. She is very confident and serious, yet Chelsea also shows great empathy with the subjects of her stories.

As for the favoritism and nepotism of their hirings, Maria Shriver once wrote that a famous name will get your foot in the door, and that's need to know your job. Bush and Clinton are doing well.

As for Today and GMA...both promote entertainment and fluff as news. And both shows start it at 7:30 AM. I switch to CBS a great deal more nowadays.

Ann Curry is a very good journalist, but she could come across as forced in her interest and emotions when interviewing or doing ordinary segments. R12 is right. She proved a class act. NBC and Matt Lauer hung her out to dry!

by Anonymousreply 10808/20/2012

I stopped watching the Today show quite a few years ago. I cannot stomach Willard Scott that early in the AM and Al Roker is worse. I keep my tv on ABC because that's where my local weather is from. I was a big Charlie Gibson & Dianne Sawyer fan. They made a great team. Nows it just chatter chatter.

by Anonymousreply 10908/20/2012

Jenna Bush sounds like a cartoon character. The short grey one:

by Anonymousreply 11008/20/2012

I'm glad I don't watch this shit.

by Anonymousreply 11108/20/2012

Re: Matt's gas problem. I remember reading about it on some gossip website. He allegedly consumes lots of chewable vitamin C, which can make some people flatulent.

by Anonymousreply 11208/20/2012

[quote]Savannah is a beautiful name. It's a lot more professional than Katie.

It's a sign of the times. And it's just a matter of time before we see co-hosts with names such as Madison, Brittney and for the first white trash host, Tiffani.

by Anonymousreply 11308/20/2012

Is there anyone who cares Where in The World is Matt Lauer?

by Anonymousreply 11408/20/2012

Unless Matt starts doing the show in the nude I'm not watching!

by Anonymousreply 11508/20/2012

Ratings for the Today show post Olympics were not good. GMA had higher ratings Tuesday thru Friday of last week.

by Anonymousreply 11608/21/2012

Is Lester uncut?

by Anonymousreply 11708/21/2012

R117. Yes, perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 11808/21/2012

[quote]Is there anyone who cares Where in The World is Matt Lauer?

You bet your fucking ass.

by Anonymousreply 11908/21/2012

Al has lost if from the stress.

by Anonymousreply 12008/21/2012

I remember Kathy Griffith was once on (maybe 2004 or so) and noted that it was only 9:30AM but Matt had long vacated the premises.

He was being douchey even then

by Anonymousreply 12108/21/2012

r116 that is very bad news for them. They were very much hoping the Olympics would restore viewership and help make people forget about the Ann Curry fiasco. Al Roker didn't help with the 'under the bus' comment as it went viral and brought the whole saga back up.

by Anonymousreply 12208/21/2012

Savannah is just sort of "Meh". She is apparently smart, but for some reason is not coming off that way. She is coming off vapid, just like the show. You can see why the Today Show, who had Tom Cruise's divorce the top story for days, chose her.

by Anonymousreply 12308/21/2012

I have been totally unaware of the what has been going on with the Today Show, because I have NEVER enjoyed the nonsense that goes on. The main thing that I recall is allowing all the people standing on the stree to wave at the TV cameras. That is really pathetic, and certainly not entertaining. The show has no character, style or importance. Our society has matured and changed and no longer has interest in shows such as "Lawrence Welk". Create something that is not built around TV personalities, and shows substance. There are no TV personalities that carry a show if nothing more is offered.

by Anonymousreply 12408/03/2013

Damn! Matt Lauer is back.

by Anonymousreply 12509/09/2013

Nobody under 30 or even 35 watches those morning shows. We're all on our laptops/tablets in the morning. I think eventually the morning show like Today are going to go extinct.

by Anonymousreply 12609/09/2013

Is Matt really gassy??

by Anonymousreply 12709/09/2013

All the TODAY women, except the delightful and fired Asian one with the sad eyes, sound as if they sand-papered their larynxes and then spent the night screaming at their boyfriends or husbands (or in the case of those two lesbians, each other). It's the same bad vocalization Maria "I Swear I Didn't Know" Shriver sounds that way.

Don't these gals get voice coaching. They either squeak or present vocal fry incessantly.

by Anonymousreply 12809/09/2013

I'm traveling for work and flipped past the show this morning--why are they sitting outside? How stupid! I didn't stick around to hear if they provided an explanation.

These shows are so brazenly gimmicky that any commitment to providing news is long gone.

by Anonymousreply 12909/09/2013

I've got three deer in my backyard. I've never had deer on my property in the 20 years since my house was built. The reason why I have deer in my yard?

Matt took a lovely tree and bush nursery and razed it to the ground. He replaced it with so many new buildings we can't keep count until we get an aerial view. It's his "personal equestrian compound. Actually, it's his wife's personal equestrian compound, an instead-of-divorce settlement for his reportedly fathering a child with a woman other than his wife. During their marriage.

Out here, the property is now called Lauerville. But I have been assured Lauer will never set foot on the property. It's for wifey to rule her horsey roost while he takes 20-something young ladies out on his boat.

by Anonymousreply 13009/09/2013

R129, The Today Show cast is sitting outside while the show's new studio is being built.

by Anonymousreply 13109/09/2013

Horsies are people too!!

by Anonymousreply 13209/09/2013

[quote]Nobody under 30 or even 35 watches those morning shows. We're all on our laptops/tablets in the morning.

What an honor for you, to have been appointed national spokesperson for your entire generation.

by Anonymousreply 13309/09/2013

I take it deer can't walk through a tree and bush nursery, but they can walk through an equestrian center built by Matt Lauer?

by Anonymousreply 13409/09/2013

we must talk about how JODI APPLEGATE is doing the Couch with the red headed weatherman on CBS - it's not even on channel 2 but on NY55. Wow what a downfall - she also looks NOTHING like Jodi Applegate anymore.

by Anonymousreply 13509/09/2013

R130 in westchester or the hamptons?

by Anonymousreply 13609/09/2013

[quote] I take it deer can't walk through a tree and bush nursery, but they can walk through an equestrian center built by Matt Lauer?

The deer had plenty of cover in the nursery. They lived there. There's no cover in sod and since they're not horses, they won't be allowed into the stables or the indoor riding ring.

by Anonymousreply 13709/09/2013

Right R126, you post the same response in every morning show thread. It's not true but keep telling yourself it is. People of all ages watch tv in the morning while making breakast and getting ready for work as it's kind of hard to use the iPad while you're cooking or dressing.

by Anonymousreply 13809/09/2013

Thanks, R137. I was confused. And not familiar with deer behavior.

by Anonymousreply 13909/09/2013

The biggest mistake ever made by the producers of the Today Show was hiring Anne Curry. They had no idea how devastating the fallout would be.

by Anonymousreply 14009/09/2013

so, r126, you are telling me I need to sit on my laptop so I can be one of the cool cats? Will do, but I think I would rather be sleeping than watching television or sitting on my laptop. Need to be in the door by 8am at school, as long as I get up by 7:30, I can shower, dress and be out the door by 8:50.

by Anonymousreply 14109/09/2013

r141 that's great you can roll out of bed and get to class, but some people like a little time in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 14209/09/2013

[quote]you post the same response in every morning show thread. It's not true but keep telling yourself it is. People of all ages watch tv in the morning while making breakast and getting ready for work as it's kind of hard to use the iPad while you're cooking or dressing.

I don't know any. At least here in Manhattan, anyway. It's all about the ipad in the morning. I don't know, maybe there are under-35s who watch the morning show shit in flyoverville. The stories are obviously geared to the frau demographic anyway.

by Anonymousreply 14309/09/2013

I know several under 35s living in Manhattan who watch morning tv before work and leave the iPad or iPhone for their commute or later in the day. In the morning, they want the device to do the work while they work on waking up and getting ready.

by Anonymousreply 14409/09/2013

NBC finds it cheaper to have the Today Show bunch sit around and talk about "trending topics" than to hire someone who actually knows what she or he is talking about.

by Anonymousreply 14509/13/2013

NBC unveiled the new Today Show studio this morning, complete with an Orange Room where Carson Daly can receive Instagrams and Selfies all day long.

Is that the future of journalism in America? Ryan Secrest and Carson Daly?

by Anonymousreply 14609/16/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 14709/16/2013

The new set is just awful. Orange? The carpeting in the couch area gives me a headache.

by Anonymousreply 14809/16/2013

First, I thought it was a troll who was bumping old threads all the time, but now I think it's someone who works for Datalounge doing it.

by Anonymousreply 14909/16/2013

Is orange the hot new color now?

by Anonymousreply 15009/16/2013

I delight in watching it crumble. I'm not Ann Curry.

by Anonymousreply 15109/16/2013

There's just no chemistry between their daily four. Lauer's looks are gone, and he seems exasperated all the time. Guthrie is really smart but struggles to hit the light notes. Morales is blah, and Roker's behavior has devolved into clownish antics. One gets the impression the four just don't like each other much, and it starts with Lauer.

The weekend foursome all seem to really like each other. Holt and Wolfe are close friends off set, and Hill has fit in well after a rocky start. She and Wolfe seem really tight now. Dreyer is likable. Today should switch those four to the daily show.

by Anonymousreply 15209/16/2013

They missed their opportunity to clean house in front of and behind the camera when Viera left. Except for Al. Gotta love Al. When he isn't pissed about all the behind the scenes drama that is.

by Anonymousreply 15309/16/2013

Al keeps a fork and spoon in his coat pocket so he's ready to swoop in at the end of each food segment.

by Anonymousreply 15409/16/2013

Well, in fairness, you kind of have to if you even want a bite. The vultures swoop in as soon as the floor manager says clear.

That being said, typically the food on set is not something you would want to eat. I've seen how they make the big items and how stuff is handled, transported, and reassembled. Too much touching of the food. I got sick once and didn't touch set food ever again.

by Anonymousreply 15509/16/2013

What set were you on, R155? Any other stories?

by Anonymousreply 15609/16/2013

Al swoops in before the food segment closes. No vulture is going to beat him to the free food.

by Anonymousreply 15709/16/2013

NBC are douchebags and total incompetents. They should have canned Matt and brought back Katie...Her daughters are older now and she can come back to morning and clean up. GMA is totally overrated but more watchable than Today right now..

by Anonymousreply 15809/16/2013

Meanwhile, Ann Curry is circling the globe, interviewing heads of state.

by Anonymousreply 16009/19/2013

A bad show with a bad lead. The bigger question is how it's lasted this long.

by Anonymousreply 16109/19/2013

wow an orange room where I can watch someone reads tweets

by Anonymousreply 16209/19/2013

The Today Show is the Norma Desmond of morning shows; completely delusional.

by Anonymousreply 16309/19/2013

Ann is looking quite fetch in her interview head covering...

by Anonymousreply 16409/19/2013

More like Matt Lauer is the Norma Desmond of morning TV.

by Anonymousreply 16509/19/2013

R164, Ms. Curry has to be properly dressed, to interview a Muslim head of state.

by Anonymousreply 16609/19/2013

This morning The Today Show unveiled its latest gimmick: babies born on live television.

by Anonymousreply 16709/23/2013

[quote]This morning The Today Show unveiled its latest gimmick: babies born on live television.

Hunty, it's going to take babies conceived on live television to save this show . . .

by Anonymousreply 16809/23/2013

obvious troll is obvious

by Anonymousreply 17009/23/2013

R170 thinks ungrammatical pith isn't merely pithy.

by Anonymousreply 17109/23/2013

Fags found out Matt is normal and got mad`

Normal is the last thing Matt can be called. It`s because of his fuckery that the show is in its last days.

Ann Curry`s tearful farewell speech should be studied by military strategists everywhere on how to conduct an unexpected precise surgical strike to take down your enemy`s army. Masterful.

by Anonymousreply 17209/23/2013

Karma's going to get them all. Curry is now getting the stories she deserves. She was never good with the light banter but she can do a serious interview, "fake sincerity" and all. Lauer and his prisspot diva routine has wreaked havoc on the show. He IS losing his looks and he is not nearly as popular as was before people began to question whether he was really such a nice guy after all.

by Anonymousreply 17309/23/2013

The Fall of the House of Lauer

by Anonymousreply 17409/23/2013

Did charisma-vacuum Savannah Guthrie ever get that vegetable-like mole excised from her upper lip?

She's like a spinster teacher from the 70s who spends her time chain smoking and drinking Tab in the teacher's lounge.

by Anonymousreply 17509/23/2013

More Willie Geist and make him take off his shoes and socks again, please!!

by Anonymousreply 17609/23/2013

Matt Lauer must be worried, what with Carson Daly, Willie Geist and Ryan Secrest hovering around the studio all day long.

by Anonymousreply 17709/24/2013

I can't understand why ANYONE would think Matt Lauer is hot. Ew.

by Anonymousreply 17809/24/2013

Savannah Guthrie is back from maternity leave.

by Anonymousreply 17911/03/2014

That tired shit is still on the air?

by Anonymousreply 18011/03/2014

I went to law school with Savannah ! I will apply for a legal correspondent position: basically I will travel the globe reporting on interesting legal issues .

by Anonymousreply 18111/03/2014

If the Today Show is making a big deal out of Baby Vale it is because it appeals to its target demographic, stay-at-home Moms.

by Anonymousreply 18211/06/2014

Good god. Did anyone see the Sisters reunion this morning? Julianne Phillips is less recognizable than Renee Z. And Swoosie looks like a concentration camp victim.

by Anonymousreply 18311/07/2014

Is Savannah a dum dum irl? She seems a bit dim.

by Anonymousreply 18411/07/2014

This thread is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 18511/07/2014

Al is insane nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 18611/07/2014

What's With Tamron, Willie, Al, and Natalie? The Tense Mess of 'Today's' Third Hour:

by Anonymousreply 18701/12/2015

I thought Natalie was being let go from Today?

by Anonymousreply 18801/12/2015

R187 They need wine!

by Anonymousreply 18901/12/2015

The Today Show will continue to lose to GMA until Lauer is fired. Why NBC thinks he's so valuable and a ratings-grabber, I'll never know. This is not the 90s anymore and he's unpopular as he's obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 19001/12/2015

I refuse to watch any NBC in the am because I hate Matt lauer so much.

by Anonymousreply 19101/12/2015

What this show needs is more of my musical numbers!

by Anonymousreply 19201/12/2015

Ann Curry finally took the hint and left NBC, to form her own production company.

by Anonymousreply 19301/14/2015

Now Today is raising a puppy to become a helper dog. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 19401/14/2015

by Anonymousreply 19501/14/2015

The Today Show needs a puppy dog to raise its cuteness factor. Like Baby Vale.

by Anonymousreply 19601/15/2015

shameful on so many levels

by Anonymousreply 19701/15/2015

Lauer is and always has been a smug, ugly cunt. He and Katie despised each other and between the two of them, I mean...REALLY? It's like the lesser of two evils. These bobbleheads, I swear.

Anyway, Curry is fine. Great eye contact, intelligent.

What's that little black trolls name? The one that does the weather? Al? Blech. He must be disabled and that's why he's never been fired. Can you imagine a WOMAN who looked like him doing anything on television? He's like a...gawd, he's disgusting!

And have you noticed how formatted even their clothes are? Look at ANY of these shows. The women are all solid dresses and ONLY dresses. We are living in Nazi freaking Germany with this kind of cack. The hip bullets and stingers and quirky camera-work isn't fooling the under 50 crowd.

Charlie's show is actually better, though they need to stop making white lady dress in blue just to make those cueballs of hers look even bigger. I mean her EYES, tsk! I don't care too much for how she almost perceptibly talks down to Charlie either. She should watch that. Gail is ok, but they need to add a hip gay Latina/o and wrest the audience's from Lauerlunkland and wake them from their coma's. REALLY give people something to chew on with each other at work. Charlie's got something Matt cannot achieve, not ever: Journalistic Credibility (i'm speaking from avg IQ audience perspective). Matt should just talk about golf clubs or, better, leave and take his weather troll with him.

And they should've never brought Carson into morning TV. He looks and acts like a sock puppet.

by Anonymousreply 19801/15/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!