Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Middle-aged white men are the most boring people on earth

Straight or gay. Why do so many men reach 40 and then just let themselves go, never go anywhere, never do anything? They lose their oomph. Is there some rule that says they ALL have to wear Dockers khaki pants and generic label polo shirts, have a pot belly and little sticks for arms?

by Anonymousreply 5708/16/2012

Go fuck yourself, r3.

by Anonymousreply 408/15/2012

OP, sounds like you have a story to tell.

by Anonymousreply 508/15/2012

I see R4 is selective about generalisations to attack.

by Anonymousreply 608/15/2012

Yep, typical PC fucktard agenda. It's not a stretch to think the whole purpose of the thread was to have an excuse to put "white" and "most boring people on earth" together.

by Anonymousreply 708/15/2012

I don't understand the genesis for R2's question, but, R3, your response is idiotic. It's on par with the bullshit from Tea Party members, etc. I had a co-worker confess that she thinks gays have a tendency to be pedophiles and want to be women (she was fired for stealing company funds and I rejoiced). You remind me of her for her stupidity.

By the way, all middle-aged white men are not boring.

by Anonymousreply 808/15/2012

You mean middle-aged white STRAIGHT men, OP.

by Anonymousreply 908/15/2012

And yet, we rule the world, and you do not, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1008/15/2012

OP here. I'm 58, if it matters, and am no party boy myself. But I find it really hard to make friends with guys my own age because they BORE me. They don't keep up with the popular culture and have long since abandoned learning anything new.

by Anonymousreply 1108/15/2012

Gay men between 20-35 are more boring. No substance.

by Anonymousreply 1208/15/2012

[quote]They don't keep up with the popular culture

Oh we completely understand your problem, then. Having friends who don't watch "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" or who don't know all the words to the latest Flo Rida and Carly Rae Jepsen songs is absolutely intolerable.

by Anonymousreply 1308/15/2012

They might be boring but some of them have nice asses and make good sex. Find one who went to Catholic school and he'll do anything you want to do (they often like to be spanked).

by Anonymousreply 1408/15/2012

OP, you obviously aren't in the gym saunas with them after they work out.

by Anonymousreply 1508/15/2012

[quote]they don't keep up with the popular culture

What are you referring to? Be specific. "Popular culture" is often used as nothing more than a euphemism for stupidity. In such cases, those of any age and race who reject it are just using their brains.

by Anonymousreply 1608/15/2012

OP displaying his "oomph"

by Anonymousreply 1708/15/2012

I will have you know that I was boring way before I hit 40.

I don't even slap random children. or set fire to cheerios.

by Anonymousreply 1808/15/2012

[quote]Why do so many men reach 40 and then just let themselves go, never go anywhere, never do anything?

OP, after a certain amount of time, which varies according to the individual, you want to relax. When you are young you like to go to bars, concerts, movies, parties, etc. When you are older it changes from nightly to maybe once a month or so. Your priorities change, you can't live as if you are 21 forever.

Plus your career takes a lot of energy out of you. When you are 21 you have a job. When you are 40, you SHOULD have a career, which can involve overtime. Factor kids into that and you have even less time and energy.

Life isn't one big party. I'm now happy with a glass of wine at home, reading a good book and gardening or cooking a new dish. It's as fun to me as the all night parties were in my youth. Maybe not as exciting, but a lifetime of nightly excitement would get very old very fast.

by Anonymousreply 1908/15/2012

[quote]OP here. I'm 58, if it matters, and am no party boy myself. But I find it really hard to make friends with guys my own age because they BORE me. They don't keep up with the popular culture and have long since abandoned learning anything new.

As far as learning something new, at age 62, I am learning the following:

Competitive rowing

Speaking Mandarin

Chinese architectural history

Over the past decade I have learned to make or done the following:

Maintained a high level of fitness with circuit training, cross country skiing biking and running.

Learned to make artisan gelato

Learned to speak Italian

I am constantly learning new things to keep up with research and technology in my profession. Continuing education is required to maintain a license.

I am single and interested in men my age or older who are interested in things I don't know. I also enjoy activities with guys of any age who are open and willing. My youngest friend is 19. My oldest friend is 85.

So how is that fascination with younger men and popular culture working out for you?

by Anonymousreply 2008/15/2012

Artisan gelato? I am intrigued.

by Anonymousreply 2108/15/2012

The poster who talked of artisan gelato could and should start a little business, either making it or teaching fraus to make it.

It would REALLY appeal to women, especially younger women, so you'd want to have the classes on a weekend.

by Anonymousreply 2208/15/2012

FYI, Chaz Bono had a little gelato palace in the eighties.

is this a gay thing?

by Anonymousreply 2308/15/2012

[quote]I see [R4] is selective about generalisations to attack.

I see you're not American, but you most certainly typify the mindset of an entitled douchebag.

You apparently think claiming something as innocuous as "white men are boring and wear khakis" is on par with "black men are criminals."

by Anonymousreply 2408/15/2012

He R20: would you be interested in a 51-year-old straight woman? You sound great!

by Anonymousreply 2508/15/2012

r24, what's the difference?

That you think one is bad and one is good?

That one group should be shielded from criticism and one shouldn't?

That one is true and one is not?

by Anonymousreply 2608/15/2012

I think I made it clear what the difference was. One is i n n o c u o u s and one is not.

If someone had written that all middle-aged white men shoot up public places, then you'd have a point.

What you've just displayed is the very entitlement that I mentioned. You are under the delusion someone saying white guys wear khakis is as offensive as saying an entire race is in prison.

Are you playing stupid or do you genuinely lack introspection, R26?

by Anonymousreply 2708/15/2012

[quote] It's as fun to me as the all night parties were in my youth.

Especially if it was the 80s and you had to tolerate all that awful music (incl. Madonna & Michael Jackson).

by Anonymousreply 2808/15/2012

r27, you seem to be the stupid one. No one said an entire race is in prison. And I don't think anyone said ALL people of a certain category are boring. The suggestion in both cases was that each group had a disproportionate share of the the characteristic.

by Anonymousreply 2908/15/2012

80s music, bad? Compared to what?

by Anonymousreply 3008/15/2012

Bitch, I'm 55 and looking fabulous in Thom Brown. I don't even own khakis.

by Anonymousreply 3108/15/2012

[quote]No one said an entire race is in prison.

Oh, excuse me, R3 only insulted the middle-aged demographic:

[quote]Nobody's met a middle aged black man. They're all in jail.

[quote]the suggestion in both cases was that each group had a disproportionate share of the the characteristic.

You truly are an unbelievable bullshit artist. You're actually attempting to validate a racist comment pulled out of R3's ass and conflating it with a harmless comment about middle-aged white guys being boring and wearing khakis.

by Anonymousreply 3208/15/2012

I partially agree with the OP, having dated some over forty gay white men myself. I just can't anymore. R20 is a rare breed.

Now I don't expect a forty something year old man to know the lyrics to a Lady Gaga song, but shit, at least know who the fucking woman is. I know sixty year old white straight men and women who know Katy Perry, Rhianna and actuallly listen to their shit. So there's really no excuse.

The last one I dated completely blew off any conversation about Whitney Houston (we had our first date the day after she died). Sorry, but if you have no interest in something that big and shocking, then I have no interest in you. Nevermind that I creased his aviator jacket.

Middle aged black men and spanish guys are AWARE of todays culture. That's what we're talking about kids, being aware. They're also more exciting and fun to hang out with.

by Anonymousreply 3308/15/2012

Note to white men: khakis show it when you dribble pee. Please wear a darker color.

by Anonymousreply 3408/15/2012

It's interesting. I don't think it was necessary to mention skin color in OP's post. However, it appears to me that the OP is talking about his dating pool. He finds the (white) middle aged men in his dating pool or preference group to be boring and uninteresting.

That's debatable. People become more settled as they grow older and become less interested in trying new things or changing old patterns. I like how some people understood what the OP meant and attempted enlighten him by basically stating that they aren't boring and they live a full life; therefore, the OP's observations may not be entirely accurate.

Of course it wouldn't be DL if someone didn't attempt to bash blacks who seem to be the perpetual scapegoats for certain members of the gay community. And it's ALWAYS blacks. It's a mentality that one often finds among poor whites (except they thrown in more brown people and gays).

Although, both may be members of poor and/or disfavored groups they reassure themselves that they are superior to blacks by constantly demeaning them or via racial politics. Someone should really consider doing a legitimate study with regard to racial attitudes ( and particularly concerning blacks) in the gay community. It would be both insightful and interesting.

by Anonymousreply 3508/15/2012

[quote]You're actually attempting to validate a racist comment pulled out of R3's ass and conflating it with a harmless comment...

One is just as "racist" as the other. You just don't want negative things said about one group but you don't mind it said about others.

Where is the companion thread to this one? Oh that's right, it doesn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 3608/15/2012

BTW, R29, R26 is also R7

[quote]Yep, typical PC fucktard agenda.

When one uses "PC," then you can pretty much summarize the type of person they are and their sense of entitlement.

I bet he's one of these people who whines about white guys being the last group on earth who others are allowed to attack/insult. :::eyeroll:::

by Anonymousreply 3708/15/2012

The problem is they all think they're Sooooooo fascinating. Who wouldn't want to hear an hour long story about their back surgery. Or their bbq pit they made from cinderblocks and railroad ties. Or finding a parking space at the big game. Or how they almost played for Alabama under Bear Bryant but blew their knee out in high school. Who doesn't want to hear an hour of that shit every fucking day?

by Anonymousreply 3808/15/2012

There are numerous threads with racist remarks towards black people R36.

Furthermore, if you're offended by this thread, then leave. There's nothing racist in what OP wrote.

by Anonymousreply 3908/15/2012

Jesus h christ. Yes, white men are the real victims here. It's nothing but reverse racism.

by Anonymousreply 4008/15/2012

r37, anyone who hates PC can be summarized as a truthful person. Unlike the lying racially obsessed idiot you are.

by Anonymousreply 4108/15/2012

R36? No it isn't racist in the same way. I already gave you an example of how it would be fair.

If someone stated that middle-aged white men are "all" child molesters (since many child molesters appear to be middle-aged white men) in a thread about middle-aged black men wearing bad cologne and watching Bruce Lee movies, would that be the same thing?

Would you think that talking about black men wearing bad cologne and watching Lee movies is the same as someone saying all middle-aged white men are child molesters? Is that the companion thread to which you're referring?

Ridiculous horse's ass.

by Anonymousreply 4208/15/2012

Guess middle-aged white men are also incredibly thin-skinned.

by Anonymousreply 4308/15/2012

This thread needs a post from charlie. Interested in his take.

by Anonymousreply 4408/15/2012

Aww, you pathetic victim, R41. Poor you.

What did I lie about?

How can I lie when all I did was point out false equivalency, you entitled, little cunt?

by Anonymousreply 4508/15/2012

[quote]Guess middle-aged white men are also incredibly thin-skinned.

Try a thread like this with young black women as the subject and we'll see who's "thin-skinned." Go ahead try it.

You lying sack of shit.

by Anonymousreply 4608/15/2012

Shut the fuck up and get back to the topic at hand.

by Anonymousreply 4708/15/2012

r3 = prison rape survivor.

by Anonymousreply 4808/15/2012

I agree. Middle-class people get dull and precious as they leave their 30s. They have the house and the job but they lose their spark - their sense of adventure - and become conservative, especially if they have kids. I'd rather be a tragic who never grows up. R28, underground dance music was going through one of it's most exciting and interesting periods during the 80s - only poptards think it was all Madonna and Tiffany.

by Anonymousreply 4908/15/2012

Sure, R46, because I'm sure it will be limited to talking about how boring they are and their clothing. It won't stray from those two "hard-hitting" topics, will it, asshole?

Way to reveal your true thought-process, hypersensitive tool.

Done with you idiots.

by Anonymousreply 5008/15/2012

Laughing out loud because this is so predictable. You people have no reservations about posting horrifically nasty comments and generalizations about women, lesbians, blacks, and other people of color ad infinitum. Yet, if somebody posts even a mildly critical comment about white gay men or white men in general, you cry foul and go into defensive and attack modes. If you can't take it (and evidently, you can't), don't do it to others. Zzzzzz...

by Anonymousreply 5108/15/2012

Hey, I am a 48 year old gay white male and I look damn good in my urban slim fit khaki's bitch. I also love all kinds of music and even some of the stuff the "kids" listen to. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 5208/15/2012

[R35] You make some great points re racism and scapegoating of blacks by/in the white gay community. And as for some study of it, that's almost exactly what my partner's doctoral project is about. I'll tell him someone's looking forward to his work, as he slaves away on the dissertation!

by Anonymousreply 5308/15/2012

What about black guys who wear khakis, polo shirts and loafers? I could stand to lose some gut, but I've got some great arms...

by Anonymousreply 5408/15/2012

This thread is incredibly offensive and racist. I hope the webmaster shuts it down.

by Anonymousreply 5508/15/2012

[quote] I know sixty year old white straight men and women who know Katy Perry, Rhianna and actuallly listen to their shit. So there's really no excuse.

So what's the excuse for listening to that (as you so aptly put it) shit?

by Anonymousreply 5608/15/2012

Mmmm, r52 you sound like the kind of boring, middle-aged white guy I've been looking for. I'll bet you look damn nice in a pair of camis or maybe some snug cowboy jeans, so good in fact, I may want to spank you. Maybe you like a nice Cock-tail with some interesting converstation too.

by Anonymousreply 5708/16/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!