Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Robert Pattinson IS Lawrence of Arabia!

[quote]Pattinson will co-star in Werner Herzog's next film "Queen Of The Desert" opposite Naomi Watts. The film will tell the true story of Gertrude Bell (Watts), the traveler, writer, archaeologist, explorer, cartographer, and political attaché for the British Empire at the dawn of the twentieth century. So who will Pattinson play? Only one of the most important figures in recent history, T.E. Lawrence aka Lawrence Of Arabia, who worked with Bell to establish the Hashemite dynasties in Jordan and Iraq.

by Anonymousreply 4804/25/2013

"Pattinson will co-star in Werner Herzog's next film "Queen Of The Desert" opposite Naomi Watts."

I was made to play Felicia Jollygoodfellow!!

by Anonymousreply 108/14/2012

Fucking blasphemy!!! This loser is playing Peter O'Toole's role?????

Cinema is OVAH!

by Anonymousreply 208/14/2012

If only he could act...

by Anonymousreply 308/14/2012

Will this be a co-starring role, or a cameo?

From the brief synopsis here, it sounds like Watts will have the starring role, and the character she's playing did a lot more than hang out with Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 408/14/2012

Godod god--why?

by Anonymousreply 508/14/2012

[quote]Will this be a co-starring role, or a cameo?

In a film called "Queen of the Desert"? He's playing the title role, of course.

by Anonymousreply 608/14/2012

Another fascinating script choice from Pattinson. Shame he still hasn't translated that into actual acting ability.

by Anonymousreply 708/14/2012

Do people really think he can act or is that good-looking? Or is he getting roles because producers erroneously think he will bring in increased box office revenue? I really don't understand how someone so marginally talented and uncharismatic keeps getting roles just based on his appearance in the ridiculous Twilight series.

by Anonymousreply 808/14/2012

Once he loses his looks, which will be soon, he will disappear completely.

by Anonymousreply 908/14/2012

Oh so it's told from Watts POV. No explicit new rape scene then!

It's still a massive insult to poor Peter O'Toole, shafted by the Oscars as it is, that his signature role what was called the best acting performance of all time by Premiere magazine is now played by this plank of wood. Herzog should stick to docos as well, he was doing really well there.

by Anonymousreply 1008/14/2012

He never had any looks to lose, R9. That happened at birth, perhaps before.

by Anonymousreply 1108/14/2012

He has no talent and all the charisma of a block of wood. Why doesn't Hollywood realize this yet? I'm thankful that Twilight will soon be over, because the hype has been going on for years and I am so tired of hearing about the entire untalented cast.

by Anonymousreply 1208/14/2012

I seriously thought "Queen of the Desert" was a jab at T.E. Lawrence 'cause he was flaming in real life and I thought this film would focus on his homosexuality, which "Lawrence of Arabia" did not, obviously.

But I guess the movie's about Watt's character and the title refers to her. I'll puke if they make them have an affair.

by Anonymousreply 1308/14/2012

Seriously?!

by Anonymousreply 1408/14/2012

OK insiders, how did he REALLY get the role?

by Anonymousreply 1508/14/2012

Interesting timing.

O'Toole just turned 80 this month and announced his retirement from acting to work on his memoirs.

by Anonymousreply 1608/14/2012

You know what would be an even bigger slap to O'Toole's face? If somehow Pattinson won an Oscar for this.

by Anonymousreply 1708/14/2012

O'Toole has 8 Oscar nominations. I think his legacy is secure.

by Anonymousreply 1808/14/2012

He's a plank of wood and all his movies flop.

by Anonymousreply 1908/14/2012

[quote] I really don't understand how someone so marginally talented and uncharismatic keeps getting roles just based on his appearance in the ridiculous Twilight series.

David Cronenberg, who cast Pattinson in his newest film, all but flat out said that casting Pattinson allowed him to get the budget he needed and the film greenlit. Hollywood is still operating on the idea that a star can put butts in seats, which is simply not true and hasn't been for a decade at least.

by Anonymousreply 2008/14/2012

It is weird, isn't it r20? All of Pattinson's non-Twilight movies have been flops, so you think Hollywood would know better by now.

by Anonymousreply 2108/14/2012

Looks like Pattinson is still riding high.

by Anonymousreply 2208/14/2012

Robbert Pattinson is a great actor. he will be the best in his role in acting.

Thumb UP.

by Anonymousreply 2308/14/2012

Reportedly very easy to work with; "takes direction well."

by Anonymousreply 2408/14/2012

He will never equal Ralph Fiennes as Lawrence in A Dangerous Man: Lawrence After Arabia.

by Anonymousreply 2508/14/2012

He won't need to act. Crazy self-important self-loathing fag. Excellent casting.

by Anonymousreply 2608/14/2012

Sounds like another flop.

by Anonymousreply 2708/14/2012

OK, this is getting absurd. The guy can't act!

by Anonymousreply 2808/14/2012

[quote]Reportedly very easy to work with; "takes direction well."

You could say the same of Lassie.

by Anonymousreply 2908/14/2012

He can't possibly take direction well because he has no ability to portray human emotion on screen.

He's a block of wood.

by Anonymousreply 3008/14/2012

He probably "takes direction well" OFF camera which is why he gets all these roles.

by Anonymousreply 3108/14/2012

I don't know what the problem is ?

If he calls himself Lawrence of the Desert or chooses to call himself Queen of the Desert or even Robert of the Desert he should be applauded for acknowledging where his career has gone.It has been in a desert for some time ....... Oh is that the movie he is in, oh awkward.

by Anonymousreply 3208/14/2012

Robert Pattinson looks good only when he doesn't resemble himself due to heavy photoshopping in mags. His candids reveal a guy who meanders between average and fugly.

by Anonymousreply 3308/14/2012

It's like when they tried very very hard to make Orlando Bloom happen. And then he didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 3408/15/2012

[quote]It's still a massive insult to poor Peter O'Toole, shafted by the Oscars as it is, that his signature role what was called the best acting performance of all time by Premiere magazine is now played by this plank of wood. Herzog should stick to docos as well, he was doing really well there.

Kristen, is that you? Go wash your pussy, love. I'm sure it's leaking.

by Anonymousreply 3508/15/2012

After seeing Prometheus, I think Michael Fassbender would have made a great T.E. Lawrence. Missed opportunity!

by Anonymousreply 3708/21/2012

Absolutely, R37. This role calls for a REAL actor.

by Anonymousreply 3808/21/2012

That's great if Robert Pattinson is a nice guy and easy to work with. However he has proven time and time again he is not a talented actor and his inclusion brings down all these projects because the kid just doesn't have what it takes.

It is bizarre that Hollywood throws money at his movies when his non-Twilight movies have all been flops.

by Anonymousreply 3908/21/2012

R39, Is it because some people think he still has a "name" overseas?

by Anonymousreply 4008/21/2012

Oh. What. The. Fuck. NO!!

by Anonymousreply 4108/21/2012

He reminds me of Hayden Christensen. Same dead eyes and lifeless voice.

by Anonymousreply 4208/21/2012

R20, Didn't Cronenberg flat out say it? "Cheap and available" was the joke he made about casting Pattinson.

Apparently Lawrence was nicknamed Tee-Hee Lawrence due to a frequent giggling... At least that makes me think of Pattinson.

by Anonymousreply 4308/22/2012

R42, perhaps it's because they're both in the closet?

by Anonymousreply 4408/22/2012

I watched some clips of Cosmopolis and from what I can see, Cronenberg took advantage of Pattinson's natural lifeless, stiff, vacant screen presence to fit the character of...well...a lifeless, stiff, blank character. It's still the dead eyed Edward Cullen routine, only without the cheesy dialogue about vampires.

However, ask Pattinson to actually portray and breath life into a character, and he falls flat.

He's a limited, mediocre talent.

by Anonymousreply 4508/22/2012

You can add DL fav James Franco to this cast.

Franco can play stoners, that's about his range.

by Anonymousreply 4604/25/2013

This is one of the sign of the Apocalypse.

We are doomed.

by Anonymousreply 4704/25/2013

"Beauty's only skin deep, but fugly's to the bone."

This casting is a sacrilege.

by Anonymousreply 4804/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.