Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is David Bowie sick?

Why wasn't he appearing at the Olympic Closing Ceremonies, they just did a montage and played 'Fashion' from Scary Monsters while the supermodels walked the runway. (best part of the entire production btw).

by Anonymousreply 2011/21/2012

Puleez boyfriend. He's been "sick" for almost 10 yrs now.

by Anonymousreply 108/12/2012

I think Paul McCartney already covered the old-man-with-bad-plastic-surgery front.

by Anonymousreply 208/12/2012

Article from June of this year:

by Anonymousreply 308/12/2012

Thanks for the article. It brought things in perspective.

by Anonymousreply 408/12/2012

You're welcome, R4. It's mentioned in the article that Bowie loathes nostalgia and won't do his 'Golden Oldies,' but I think the money will lure him out, eventually. It did for every other band- well, except Abba.

by Anonymousreply 508/13/2012

Give it up with the "Is David Bowie sick" drivel.

I am a big fan of David Bowie. If you do any research you will know that he is not sick....despite having had a heart scare.

Geez, let's not write off the guy before his time....let him age gracefully.

He'll be back in some form or fashion.

Do you think its easy reinventing oneself at 65?

by Anonymousreply 708/13/2012

Is this BI about Bowie?

by Anonymousreply 811/16/2012

The old nelly queen wanted a huge fee for the olympics

by Anonymousreply 911/16/2012

Maybe Iman is supporting him?

by Anonymousreply 1011/16/2012

r8, I agree with the George Michael guesses.

Another poster there claims Bowie is not dying, but had a major heart attack a few years ago. He's kept a low profile ever since.

by Anonymousreply 1111/16/2012

[quote]Give it up with the "Is David Bowie sick" drivel.

It's a legitimate question, get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 1211/16/2012

interesting BI, r8. seems most of the people commenting on that site think it's George Michael. think there's anything to that? if George Michael was on deaths door (again) and not expected to the end of the year, wouldn't DL have multiple threads devoted to the topic?

by Anonymousreply 1311/16/2012

I just had a troubling thought. Bowie's son (film director Duncan Jones) got married a couple of weeks ago (he announced it on twitter). It was supposedly a spur of the moment decision to get married in his home, with only one or two friends present.

If the rumors about Bowie are true, and he's terribly ill/dying, there'd be lots of problems if his son had gone ahead and planned a formal wedding ceremony. Bowie might be too unwell to attend, or if he did attend and looked like he was on death's door everyone would be preoccupied with that and not focusing on the bride and groom. The truth would come out for sure as wedding photos leaked to the media, and so forth. But by suddenly getting married in his living room with no family/friends attending, Duncan may have been quietly avoiding all of those potential problems.

Also, Bowie attended the premiere of Duncan's directorial debut (Moon) in 2009, but didn't attend any public screenings of Duncan's second film that was released last year (Source Code). By all accounts, the two of them are quite close and Bowie essentially raised Duncan by himself, so why wouldn't proud papa show up to the NYC premiere of Source Code to show his support again?

by Anonymousreply 1411/21/2012

I recall Howard Stern saying a year or two ago that Bowie had out on lots of weight. True?

by Anonymousreply 1511/21/2012

It's baffling that someone like Bowie, who worked so steadily and promoted himself so energetically for nearly 40 years, would just completely withdraw from public life with virtually no explanation. Yes, everyone knows he had a heart attack 8 years ago, but Bowie is a pretty strong character; I can't believe that could have spooked him so badly that he would not only give up music but also cease communicating with the outside world at all. There has to be more to it.

by Anonymousreply 1611/21/2012

I'm surprised the paparazzi hasn't been on this trying to get current pics of him. He's been rumored to be in ill health for awhile.

And R8, yeah George Michael is the main guess. He nearly died from pneumonia last year which most attributed to his HIV status and his body not being able to fight it off. But he looked great and killed it at the London 2012 Olympics ceremony so this could very well have been about Bowie.

by Anonymousreply 1711/21/2012

It might not even be an either/or. But Bowie at least looked OK in that recent snap in NY. On the back of that there was a soothing 'He's happily retired' article in the UK 'Telegraph.'

George Michael though, not so much. No tweets since mid-October. If there aren't any out-and-about pix, or even statements, following this BI, it looks like 2011 redux. Which is extremely sad.

by Anonymousreply 1811/21/2012

He's always looked sick for his whole career.

by Anonymousreply 1911/21/2012

Considering the amount of drugs this guy has gone through, I am surprised he is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 2011/21/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!