Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

MSNBC's Thomas Roberts Planning His Wedding

Roberts told the paper that he is exercising like mad to get himself into wedding shape.

“I was on the treadmill for three miles this morning," he said. "I will be on it for three miles tomorrow. I had a Red Bull for lunch and I eat gum. I’m the typical groom!"

by Anonymousreply 6710/06/2012

Well, the r1 tradition of cuntiness lives on.

I'm happy for him.

I also wish I had his looks, body and money.

by Anonymousreply 208/08/2012

We're gonna need alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol!

by Anonymousreply 308/08/2012

3 miles? BFD. He's sounding like a typical bride.

Typical grooms feel that showing up and putting on a suit is more than enough effort for their part.

by Anonymousreply 408/08/2012

what a queen

by Anonymousreply 508/08/2012

Coke or meth head. Another douchebag we're offered as a role model. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 608/08/2012

What a bunch of jealous bitches. Opening this thread is like falling into a viper's den.

by Anonymousreply 708/08/2012

Who will have the biggest wedding next month - Thomas Roberts or Anderson Cooper? Any truth that they both have the wedding planner who did Star Jones Reynolds' wedding?

by Anonymousreply 908/09/2012

Like Thomas Roberts' herpes virus. Oh, sorry, that lives on.

by Anonymousreply 1008/09/2012

His face looks like a rejected Butterball turkey, the day before Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 1108/09/2012

I don't get it. Is he getting married in a speedo? I think most wedding suits hide a multitude of sins.

by Anonymousreply 1208/09/2012

I think Thomas Roberts is a hero. He's a positive gay role model for having the courage to be open about his sexual orientation and for speaking out about anti-gay issues like the repugnant ChickFilA "Appreciation Day."

He's also masculine, handsome, well-spoken and successful. I admire him a great deal and consider him another reason to be proud that I'm gay. I even follow him on Twitter and encourage others to do the same. His Twitter handle is @ThomasARoberts

by Anonymousreply 1308/09/2012

He's a manwhore. What's respectable about that, Ron?

by Anonymousreply 1408/09/2012

Typical shallow groom perhaps ...

by Anonymousreply 1508/09/2012

Anderson Cooper can't utter the name of his boyfriend in public. I hardly think he's falling all over himself to marry the guy.

by Anonymousreply 1608/09/2012

[quote]"I’m the typical groom!"

Typical grooms are shallow and narcissistic?

by Anonymousreply 1708/09/2012

R16 you are wrong.

by Anonymousreply 1808/09/2012

Which part is wrong, r18?

by Anonymousreply 1908/09/2012

He's marrying his guy. There's nothing "whorish" about that. It's the pinnacle of respectability. R14

by Anonymousreply 2008/09/2012

r20 is a fatty, fatty, fatso. Therefore, nothing it says matters to "us" gays.

by Anonymousreply 2108/09/2012

The AC fans are realizing that their precious thing will most likely never be this open and honest.

R16 Anderson can't even say he's gay, nevermind the man that has to walk fifty feet behind him at all times.

Anyway, none of this is Thomas fault. So let's cool the envy and jealousy.

Mmmkay?

by Anonymousreply 2208/09/2012

IS he the anchor that's the big drinker?

by Anonymousreply 2308/09/2012

Yes, R23. Roberts has a big alcohol problem. He was thrown out of a very la-di-da high-class gay wedding in New York not too long ago because he was so drunk and obnoxious. There was a thread about it here.

by Anonymousreply 2408/09/2012

Thomas and Patrick have posted their official engagement photo -

How many WRONG things can YOU find in this picture?

by Anonymousreply 2508/19/2012

I can't find 'wrong' things R25 other than I'm bitter and jealous. I'll admit it.

by Anonymousreply 2608/19/2012

Pictures of the wedding night.

by Anonymousreply 2708/19/2012

[quote]Yes, [R23]. Roberts has a big alcohol problem. He was thrown out of a very la-di-da high-class gay wedding in New York not too long ago because he was so drunk and obnoxious. There was a thread about it here.

He also had a reputation as a lush at the local gay bars when he worked for WAVY here in Norfolk.

by Anonymousreply 2808/19/2012

R28 Thomas wasn't OUT at wavy and never went to gay bars in Norfolk. I call BS.

by Anonymousreply 2908/21/2012

Apparently his wedding is this weekend. Alex Wagner just referenced the nuptials in the transition from his hour to her hour anchoring MSNBC and talked about doing a no-rain dance for his big day.

by Anonymousreply 3009/27/2012

I thought the same thing, R12. Does the wedding have a Tarzan theme or is he wearing a midriff baring dickie?

by Anonymousreply 3109/27/2012

Please. Doesn't it occur to you Pollyannas that the price of equality is having to Bridezillas on the loose for every wedding?

And doesn't the word "envy" mean anything to you?

by Anonymousreply 3209/27/2012

I find it most surprising that Roberts' defenders immediately us " you are all jealous/envious" as an attack.

Are all of you so brainwashed that it is beyond comprehension lots of gay men who can get married DON'T WANT TO GET MARRIED?

What about freedom of choice?

And by the way, while the wedding photos are nice, we all recall the pics of him with his untoned ass spread-eagled on a bed, which he so wisely circulated while working as an anchor.

So forgive us if we don't all weep at his nuptials.

by Anonymousreply 3309/27/2012

I love that r33 thought Roberts' ass was untoned. In what universe?

by Anonymousreply 3409/27/2012

I thought it was sweet when Governor Richardson (I think) wished Thomas luck on his wedding day, it just came out of the blue.

by Anonymousreply 3509/27/2012

lol, I love that r33's only comment on my post is about whether Thomas Roberts has a toned or untoned ass.

by Anonymousreply 3609/27/2012

Alex Wagner of MSNBC's "NOW" wished Thomas Roberts well this morning in their show-to-show exchange as he was going off the air and she was coming on.

The wedding is this Saturday, September 29. From their brief host chat, it seems like rain might be in the forecast since they both were wishing the possible rain away.

by Anonymousreply 3709/27/2012

All the A-gays will be there I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 3809/27/2012

No, R38. Roberts isn't an A gay.

If you follow his tweets, his friends are gays like Chely Wright and Andrew Rannells.

The David Geffens and the Fred Kochs, not to mention Andy Cohen and of course Anderson Cooper, all look down their noses at him (esp. since the Manhunt scandal a few years back).

by Anonymousreply 3909/27/2012

Oh come on, I'm sure those folks aren't leading squeaky clean lives, what right do they have to be judging him?

by Anonymousreply 4009/27/2012

R24 He was at my wedding drunk yet he still gave me the best blow job ever!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4109/27/2012

A lot of you posters are missing the point. It's not just about Roberts, it's about a gay public figure getting married to his partner, and his coworkers and guests on his show congratulated him and acted like they were happy for him.

Do you have any idea how important that is for gay schoolkids who are getting bullied now? Or how important it is for those bullies to see that gay people aren't hated everywhere by everyone? Those bullies are learning to hate at home. They need to see not everyone is as ignorant as they are, and not everyone agrees with them. They live in such isolated enclaves of religious people they honestly don't know any out gays or any of their supporters.

They may be able to relate a little to a guy they see on tv. Republicans can't emphasize with anyone unless they know somebody like that person. Roberts may be the person they feel they know, that makes gays not so scary to them. Maybe they'll at least feel bullying some tenth grader is pretty much a lost cause, if adult gays are living happily ever after with their husbands, not as pariahs. If even a few minds are changed, that's a few people being left alone. That's worth it.

by Anonymousreply 4209/28/2012

[quote] Republicans can't emphasize with anyone unless they know somebody like that person.

Oh, dear.

R42 doesn't know the VAST difference between "emphasize" and "empathize". We are doomed as a culture.

by Anonymousreply 4309/28/2012

Actually, R42 does know the difference, however, I'm tired, I was correcting a typo and on the phone at the same time and I missed it.

emphasize = R43 just emphasized what a dick he is.

empathize = R43 cannot empathize with anybody who is actually happy.

Culture is not doomed after all.

by Anonymousreply 4409/28/2012

Bump for wedding photos

by Anonymousreply 4509/29/2012

From Don Lemon: Wedding Eve with the happy couple

by Anonymousreply 4609/29/2012

Wedding day with Judith Light.

by Anonymousreply 4709/29/2012

Photo of family from T Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 4809/29/2012

Wedding begins.

by Anonymousreply 4909/29/2012

All those fake teeth in r47 are blinding, even in a grainy photo.

by Anonymousreply 5009/29/2012

Thomas Roberts & Patrick Wedding Night

by Anonymousreply 5109/29/2012

Best Wishes to him and Patrick!

Thomas Roberts promotes and highlights positive stories about LGBT issues and people on his MSNBC watch. He does a great deal for us. And I wish him and Patrick much happiness.

by Anonymousreply 5209/29/2012

I'm a bitter old queen who resents everyone and even I am happy to see this today. How wonderful it would have been to have seen this when I was young. I wish them a lifetime of happiness together.

by Anonymousreply 5309/29/2012

Awwww, Patrick got a new toupee for the big night. Such a handsome pair.

by Anonymousreply 5409/29/2012

Thomas seems to have developed a case of gay face, he used to be so classiclly handsome in his cnn days. However he is still a pretty good looking guy and the hubby is hot! I wish them all best in marriage!

by Anonymousreply 5509/29/2012

Pic of Thomas on the dance floor!

by Anonymousreply 5609/30/2012

Pic of Thomas during the ceremony!

by Anonymousreply 5709/30/2012

Patrick just tweeted a pic of Thomas from the honeymoon suite...NSFW!

by Anonymousreply 5809/30/2012

Gavin Newsome officiated, and (as noted upthread) Chely Wright performed at the ceremony.

Here's the morning after - looks like they didn't go on their honeymoon yet...

by Anonymousreply 5909/30/2012

I wish Thomas would get the kind of fame and attention that Freeper Anderson Cooper gets (and doesn't deserve).

Anderson is in no position to look down at anyone given that he's trying his hardest to get Romney into the White House.

by Anonymousreply 6009/30/2012

I lived in a time where you had to be careful who you were out with because it could mean losing your job, or in some cases, losing your life.

I remember what happened to Ellen when she came out.

I remember Matthew Shepherd.

I remember Ryan White, who as a sick child, was persecuted for having a "gay" disease. I remember my friends dying on a weekly basis because so few saw an urgent need to treat a disease that was only killing fags.

Now I'm married, and my friends are getting married - legally, openly, and happily.

Celebrate this. Celebrate it and cherish it. People fought hard for it.

by Anonymousreply 6109/30/2012

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 6209/30/2012

Wedding slide show at the link.

Among the B-list gay media celebrities who attended: Don Lemon, Carson Kressley, Nate Berkus, and her highness Sam Champion, who didn't even have the sense to wear a tie at all to a black-tie Saturday night wedding!

by Anonymousreply 6310/01/2012

Full report on the event, including guest list and a photo of the actual invitation:

by Anonymousreply 6410/01/2012

This will appear in this Sunday's NY TIMES:

by Anonymousreply 6510/05/2012

I hope Patrick changes his last name. Whenever I see him I hear Gladys Kravitz shouting, "Abner! Abner!"

by Anonymousreply 6610/05/2012

Bump for the article in the Sunday TIMES.

by Anonymousreply 6710/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.