Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mandy "Portia De Rossi Degeneres" Rogers

Looks like she did something with her face. Unrecognizable.

by Anonymousreply 6805/25/2013

Who cares? She's Lindsay Bluth Fünke!

by Anonymousreply 108/08/2012

I think it's the extreme contouring of the heavy makeup and false eyelashes, not surgery.

by Anonymousreply 208/08/2012

Looks better than usual

by Anonymousreply 308/08/2012

She's standing in broad daylight in make-up designed for filming and studio lighting.

by Anonymousreply 408/08/2012

THose are pictures from the set of the "Arrested Development" movie. I'll give her a pass as of right now because of that.

by Anonymousreply 508/08/2012

She's anorexic. To the point of skeletal. Not just in these particular pics though, check out recent snaps of her and the wife on Getty etc. Scrape off that make-up and check out her frame, her arms and legs are like pins. She and Ellen have both developed the giant head, little body syndrome that accompanies eating disorders.

by Anonymousreply 708/08/2012

My ears are burning, r7.

by Anonymousreply 808/08/2012

In this particular case, R7, the eating disorder is veganism.

by Anonymousreply 908/08/2012

"After the Ron Howard "that's so gay" kerfuffle, I stopped caring if the show ever got revived."

You're so noble.

by Anonymousreply 1008/09/2012

I hate Ron Howard r10, if that's ok with you (or not.) I don't want to hear him narrate the new season or the movie. I wonder if he's going to invite his teabagger buddy Scott Baio back to guest-star? Another reason to ignore the new AD.

by Anonymousreply 1108/09/2012

I think she looks beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 1208/09/2012

r13, her eyebrows are absolutely god awful now. She looks like a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 1408/09/2012

Whether you like her eyebrows now or then, it is definitely the change in her eyebrow shape, size, and color.

by Anonymousreply 1508/09/2012

I'm so excited for the new Arrested Development that I might poop my pants.

by Anonymousreply 1608/09/2012

What does Ron Howard have to do with this? I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 1708/09/2012

Her eye brows are awful. She'd look better with no eye brows at all or a unibrow than how she grooms her eye brows now.

by Anonymousreply 1808/09/2012

r17, I think Ron Howard was the Executive Producer of the original Arrested Development TV series.

Naturally, he'd likely be doing the same for this new project for that show.

As for Portia, she generally has not looked that great the last several years. She was once a very hot woman!

I think the age difference with her and Ellen has affected Portia's "sexy" vibe!

by Anonymousreply 1908/16/2012

she looks the same, and has always had chola brows.

by Anonymousreply 2008/16/2012

What I want to know is, how come she has an American accent? She was born and bred in Australia, and didn't move to the US until she was in her twenties. Yet she has no trace of an Aussie accent. A few years back, when she was promoting her memoir, I saw a clip of her on Aussie TV and it was odd that the interviewer had an accent but Portia did not. The interviewer didn't even acknowledge it, either. She just said something like, "You make Australia proud."

by Anonymousreply 2108/16/2012

I think she looks gorgeous, better than ever.

by Anonymousreply 2208/16/2012

Face lift. Her overall facial shape now looks a little too "tight". Definitely not Botox. She got a straight up, old fashioned face lift.

by Anonymousreply 2308/16/2012

She used to be attractive but I don't think so anymore. She is not ageing well. I don;t get these celebrities who gets lots of cosmetic surgery done but continue to eat the wrong stuff, smoke heavily and drink. Why don't they save their money and just cut out smoking and reduce their drinking.

by Anonymousreply 2408/16/2012

I believe she is an American citizen now so I don't get how Aussies would be proud of her.

Why all the name changing - has she got something to hide.

by Anonymousreply 2508/16/2012

by Anonymousreply 2605/18/2013

She is not hot. I've never gotten the appeal, but now that she got the "Nicole Kidman" special, she looks not quite human.

by Anonymousreply 2805/18/2013

More recent photos

by Anonymousreply 2905/18/2013

She looks bizarre in the link from R29 -- all the work she's had just aged her.

by Anonymousreply 3005/18/2013

I think she's at the point in her life when she needs to choose her ass or her face.

by Anonymousreply 3105/18/2013

In r29's link- Her eyebrows are thinner and lighter in color, she's had a ton of fillers and botox. And it looks like she's gained some weight since the new AD season.

by Anonymousreply 3205/18/2013

[quote]As for Portia, she generally has not looked that great the last several years. She was once a very hot woman!

[quote]I think the age difference with her and Ellen has affected Portia's "sexy" vibe!

Ellen has sucked the life out of her. Portia is on the cover of OUT mag and she looks horrid. She looks like Ellen basically, there is some Liberace/Scott Thorson thing going on there.

by Anonymousreply 3305/18/2013

[quote]She's not much of an actress either.

She is a good comedic actress. Underrated in fact.

by Anonymousreply 3505/18/2013

Like Kylie Minogue's older sister in the pic at R29.

by Anonymousreply 3705/18/2013

There's so much to Portia that people will never see. It's understandable why she changed her name... She hates every part of her past. She left all her close friends behind once she got a sniff of success. Did the same again once she got together with Ellen. She may publicly be a "nice person" but ask anyone behind the scenes in the industry, she's disrespectful and extremely narcissistic. She spat on a designer. (Which said designer mentioned once but refused to comment on again in fear P would have her blacklisted) (Yet she plays the "I'm insecure" card constantly) She still has issues, that's all I'll say on that. She's over her eating disorder, it's a shame she's not "over" other things. Even her own brother is tired of her constant bullshit. I think she's great in AD and wish her the best.

by Anonymousreply 3905/18/2013

That's what I was thinking r21. I was shocked to find out she was an Aussie.

The Australians anyway seem REALLY good at doing the American accent in any case (Kidman being an odd exception as she was born in Hawaii, I'm surprised she hasn't lost her accent so one thing to give her credit for).

I read the Hemsworths went to an American English class. As Mel Gibson said Australia is closer to America than to England, their culture is or seems more Americanised. An even better example of this is Anthony LaPaglia - would anyone know he was Australian? And I read he had lost his accent so much he had to have coaching to get one back for Lantana.

I don't get all this but your inner dialogue must change as well? Accent annoyance is one thing but discarding your past identity and seeming shameful of it is another. Taking a new citizenship seems extreme but no doubt there are many reasons for it.

by Anonymousreply 4005/18/2013

She changed her name to Portia deRossi, which is sexier than Amanda Rogers, when she was 15, and still living in Aus. She has been PD longer than she ever was AR. I don't see the big deal. I hate my name too but I was never ambitious enough to change it.

by Anonymousreply 4105/18/2013

I like both of her names. Mandy/Amanda Rogers is a nice regular name. But that's one helluva stage name.

by Anonymousreply 4205/18/2013

[quote]Taking a new citizenship seems extreme

She's lived in the states for at least 20 years why shouldn't she take on US citizenship.

by Anonymousreply 4305/18/2013

r43 what I meant was may seem extreme to some people.

by Anonymousreply 4405/18/2013

The Kitten of Wilderstein!!

I suppose Ellen's making sure no-one else will ever want her. If this was another celeb, Ellen would have lambasted her by now

by Anonymousreply 4505/18/2013

Her mug is displaying a classic degeneres sitting disease in which the patient's face actually takes on the deep impressions of the sedentary coital lifestyle of her famous partner.

by Anonymousreply 4605/18/2013

She's very beautiful but in recent photos, it's clear shes changed. Grown older but I wonder if she's stressed over her career.

by Anonymousreply 4705/18/2013

Her skin looks pasty and unhealthy, like she's wasting.

by Anonymousreply 5005/18/2013

If I didn't know that that was Portia on the cover in R33, I would never have guessed. She looks more like Anne Heche. In the other photos she looks kinda sorta like herself.

by Anonymousreply 5105/18/2013

[quote]Apparently Portia is only 40, but in the most recent photos she looks closer to 50 to me.

Couples tend to grow to look like one another.

by Anonymousreply 5205/18/2013

I do like the hair cut she has but it hasn't helped her appearance, when compared to earlier last year.

by Anonymousreply 5305/18/2013

Looking old lately, must be all the coke...

by Anonymousreply 5405/20/2013

She has had a few health issues in the past few years. She's unable to have children. She's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet, but she can be narcissistic. The narcissism comes from her past/insecurities. She hates that Ellen's always working, and has openly talked about it. Ellen's known for drinking... That's all I'll say. (Don't believe her "innocent" image on her show)

by Anonymousreply 5805/24/2013

Ellen needs to work as much as possible while shes still hot. She's starting to slow down now.

by Anonymousreply 5905/24/2013

The effect of Ellen's corrosive vaginal fluids.

by Anonymousreply 6005/24/2013

Her lacefront is pushed too far back. Trust me on this. That's what we're seeing.

by Anonymousreply 6305/24/2013

I love you R60 and wow R62 you're right!

by Anonymousreply 6405/24/2013

R58, please spill some more tea on Ellen D.

by Anonymousreply 6505/25/2013

Am I the only one who thinks her stage name is ridiculous?

In private life she calls herself Portia Lee James DeGeneres.

Oh, dear Mandy Rogers.

by Anonymousreply 6605/25/2013

I guess she was around 15 when she came up with it?

by Anonymousreply 6705/25/2013

[quote]a bunch of spoiled, rich, white unlikable characters

That's the point you fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 6805/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!