Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Obama: Boy Scouts Should Stop Discriminating Against LGBT People

President Barack Obama, the honorary president of the Boy Scouts of America, has endorsed an end to the organization’s ban on LGBT scouts and members. A White House spokesman told Metro Weekly today that “the President believes the Boy Scouts is a valuable organization that has helped educate and build character in American boys for more than a century. He also opposes discrimination in all forms, and as such opposes this policy that discriminates on basis of sexual orientation.” President Obama joins corporate CEOs who serve on the national board, Eagle Scouts, and even Mitt Romney in opposing the group’s policy of discrimination.

Boy Scouts of America spokesman Deron Smith responded “the Boy Scouts of America respects the opinions of President Obama and appreciates his recognition that Scouting is a valuable organization. We believe that good people can personally disagree on this topic and still work together to accomplish the common good.”

by Anonymousreply 1602/04/2013

Obama might as well stay that to the Catholic Church. The Boys Scouts are hardcore Christian Fundamentalist and Republican supporters. Obama only did this to solidify his lead.

by Anonymousreply 108/08/2012

[quote]Obama only did this to solidify his lead.

Sweetheart, considering we have morons in this country willing to wait in line for hours just to clog an artery to express their hatred for gay marriage, are you really going to shit on the president for doing this considering how crazy the other side is about the issue?

There's nothing wrong with have the president on your side.

by Anonymousreply 208/08/2012

having*

by Anonymousreply 308/08/2012

LGB, okay. T...what do you think will happen to a troupe that has Chaz Bono or an MTF as a scoutmaster? They's simply keep their kids away.

by Anonymousreply 408/08/2012

I love Obama even more for doing this after the chicken thing - we have an amazing amount of fools in this country that won't vote for him despite the job he's done, and still he stands up for us.

So of course, watch for us all to turn on him in a few years, the way we did Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 508/08/2012

Once again, thank you to Obama AND to my fellow Progressives and Liberals who made sure the shit got done regarding gay issues and held Barack at his word.

We didn't back down in the face of the wretched Republicans.

AND more importantly we didn't back down to the moronic democrats who insisted we were "Spoiled children". But I'm sure they have no problem with what WE worked our asses off to achieve.

Those assholes can take a seat as far as I'm concerned. They have no credibility speaking on the upcoming election, because they contributed nothing in the last four years but constant bitching and moaning.

We'd have had nothing had we listened to them.

by Anonymousreply 608/08/2012

Obama and his: "People Should Stop..." schtick.

"People Should Stop Discriminating!"

"People Should Stop Opening Fire on Random Groups of Strangers!"

Well, of course they should but, weak-kneed ninny, what are you going to do about it?

by Anonymousreply 708/08/2012

They'd rather be on that Limey log cabinettes sides as he shits on Madonna, R5.

I mean I don't like her much, but I sure as hell cannot stand Elton - such a repulsive douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 808/08/2012

R7 should stop eating shit.

by Anonymousreply 908/08/2012

Now watch Romney change his position on this issue too.

by Anonymousreply 1008/08/2012

Well, f**k the boy scouts - oh, wait, they already f**k each other - whether their national leaders know it or not.

by Anonymousreply 1108/08/2012

thank u obama

by Anonymousreply 1208/08/2012

He still saying it

by Anonymousreply 1302/03/2013

R7 had her hand in Hillary's snatch once and hasn't washed it since.

by Anonymousreply 1402/03/2013

He's a prince! Thanks Mr. President. Now go bust some balls!

by Anonymousreply 1502/03/2013

Why do 'mos want to join the boy scouts?

Because that is where the boys are at.

It's bad enough you want to pervert the course of nature must you chesters infest today's youth with your AIDS, anal wart and other STIs?

by Anonymousreply 1602/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.