Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Catherine Oxenburg was a terrible actress on "Dynasty."

I am watching Season 5 now and she is awful.

I am sure Karen Gallini wasn't much better but why all the love for Oxenburg?

by Anonymousreply 13904/27/2014

She was horrible, but glamorous and beautiful - which made up for her acting. I accepted her in the role after a few episodes. John Forsthye came to hate her and refused to speak with her for a very long time. They finally met up just before his death in a special. Too, bad she screwed things up and got booted from the show.

by Anonymousreply 108/07/2012

She would have made a better replacement for Fallon. Emma Samms was the all time worst casting in TV history.

by Anonymousreply 208/07/2012

Her character was an obvious replacement for Fallon.

What did she do to get booted?

by Anonymousreply 308/07/2012

She had this Princess Diana thing going on. That's the only reason.

by Anonymousreply 408/07/2012

Now Pamela Sue Martin was the worst actress on Dynasty - but we all loved her as Fallon. She could not emit a single line of believable dialog.

by Anonymousreply 508/07/2012

I'd lick her real life husband's shitter.

by Anonymousreply 608/07/2012

The problem with the hiring of Emma is that they hired Emma the person. Not looking for an actress right for the part of Fallon.

Emma would have been better for the part of Amanda.

by Anonymousreply 708/07/2012

Didn't she find out she was fired by reading it in Variety?

by Anonymousreply 808/07/2012

Favorite Catherine Oxenburg line: "Mummy, you know I hate pigeon."

by Anonymousreply 908/07/2012

Alexis is so camp and even though they always say it, there's never any real indication that Alexis loves her children. Whereas Abby on "Knots Landing" was such a well-developed character, especially her relationships with Olivia and Brian.

But Amanda annoys me with her "mummy"'s and her acting. Pamela Sue Martin (and her awful layered haircut starting season two) was bad, but she *was* Fallon.

by Anonymousreply 1008/07/2012

She's obviously an accomplished witch to put a spell on Casper and keep him from him homosex destiny.

by Anonymousreply 1108/07/2012

She sucked big time

by Anonymousreply 1208/07/2012

It may have been the writing as well. The lines are terrible.

John James always looks like he needs to take a dump. Diahann Carroll hates the "r" sound at the end of sentences. Gordon Thomson is as stiff as can be. Pamela Bellwood whispers her lines. And none of the Carringtons seem as though they are actually related.

Anybody else notice how Linda Evans' eyes always jiggle back and forth?

by Anonymousreply 1408/07/2012

Linda Evans was originally supposed to be Pam Ewing in a project that eventually became "Dallas" but she dropped out. So then she took on the role of a woman from the other side of the tracks who marries into a wealthy oil family and has to deal with their hostility and wariness. How very different.

by Anonymousreply 1508/07/2012

Say what you will but she could act circles around Theodore Martin "Ted" McGinley. Just sayin' is all.

by Anonymousreply 1608/07/2012

They just played these characters in the same situations over and over again. They knew how ridiculous the storylines were, the public didn't want anything deep or subtle. It was just a job for all of them. Only Linda and John were friends outside of the show.

by Anonymousreply 1708/07/2012

It makes "Dallas" look like Shakespeare.

by Anonymousreply 1808/07/2012

She was absolutely flavour of the moment at the time.

She was an especially pretty girl.

It was very appropriate that she found her way onto Dynasty.

by Anonymousreply 1908/07/2012

As a kid I really thought that Alexis had always a weak spot for her kids. When Adam put that laid based wall paint in Jeff's office which turned him into a crazy mess she sided with her newly found son Adam. Even when Steven testified against her in Mark Jennings' murder court hearing she never turned on him (since it was a sincere mistake because the real murderer dressed up as Alexis). Alexis might have been a bitch but she always wanted only the best for her kids and yeah, sometimes she went overboard but in those cases it wasn't malicious or deliberate to hurt her kids.

by Anonymousreply 2008/07/2012

Lol, r11. So true.

by Anonymousreply 2108/07/2012

I knew many that tuned in to look at the clothes, the luxurious settings, the whole "look" and fantasy of the show. The sound could have been turned off; they didn't even care. But there must be more beautiful people in Hollywood that can actually act. And can't they make those just above average more beautiful?

by Anonymousreply 2208/07/2012

There'sa scene in Season 5 that could have come from SNL or MadTV. Dominique is singing and Jeff walks into the room, we get a flashback of him and Fallon and when the camera comes back to Jeff, he has these two, huge fake glycerin tears running down his face.

by Anonymousreply 2308/07/2012

[quote]Alexis is so camp and even though they always say it, there's never any real indication that Alexis loves her children.

Part of that was due to Joan Collins's inadequacies as an actress. I will say, however, that she was always quite believable about caring about Steven (when either actor played the part). But I agree she had no spark with the two Fallons, the two Amandas, or Adam.

by Anonymousreply 2408/07/2012

[quote]Part of that was due to Joan Collins's inadequacies as an actress. I will say, however, that she was always quite believable about caring about Steven (when either actor played the part). But I agree she had no spark with the two Fallons, the two Amandas, or Adam.

Interestingly, she did have a spark with Heather Locklear -- which is when Sammy Jo became really interesting. And the scenes between Collins and Stephanie Beacham in the last season were like the good old days.

by Anonymousreply 2508/07/2012

The part of Amanda was created almost solely to capitalize on Di-mania--it was determined very quickly that they wanted a Princess Diana character and they wanted to marry her off to a foreign prince. The problem was that they lost all believability in asserting that Blake and Alexis had yet ANOTHER child we had never heard of (wasn't Adam enough?), and though Oxenburg was very beautiful and is related to royalty, she's a terrible actress. Karen Cellini was much better, but the part just didn;t make much sense.

The thing about DYNASTY was that almost none of them were genuinely good actors except for John Forsythe (and he played his role as if he were a sterner Ronald Reagan) and perhaps Kathleen Beller. Linda Evans and Pamela Sue Martin were both incredibly likable on screen, but they were both very stiff and awkward. the first Steven, Al Corley, was decent, and I always give Gordon Thomson credit for at least trying to do something with his campy part (and he was very handsome besides). But most of the other actors were very beautiful but completely wooden: John James, Jack Coleman, Michael Nader, Pamela Bellwood, Wayne Northrup, Catherine Oxenburg, and especially the charisma-free Emma Samms.

And though Joan Collins is excellent at camp, she is never very believable when she has to be emotional--that was the point, though. And though Diahann Carroll can be quite an effective actress elsewhere, she seemed to be sleepwalking through her entire stint on the show.

by Anonymousreply 2608/07/2012

Amanda was one of the most annoying characters on Dynasty, beaten only by Kirby and Michael. Couldn't they have cast another Maxwell Caulfield type to be her husband?

Halfway through season 6 now, struggling to get through these eps. Had a glance at The Colbys, might have another look if only for Stanwyk.

by Anonymousreply 2708/07/2012

Kirby - the dwarf - was the worst. Thank god I can now watch the series and fast forward past every scene she is in.

by Anonymousreply 2808/07/2012

I found the first two seasons to be the most enjoyable. The first season is slow and ponderous and Blake's entourage really do seem sinister. Blake himself is an ass. Season Two is more fun but still a good story. And the original catfight in Alexis' studio came out of months of tension and storyline.

I don't find the lily pond fight as fun as the show was just trying to one-up the previous fight but there was no longer the tension of Alexis living on the grounds, etc.

by Anonymousreply 2908/07/2012

by Anonymousreply 3008/07/2012

Yeah ....what was the fucking point of Kirby? I loved Pamela Bellwood and thought her to be a pretty good actress.

by Anonymousreply 3108/07/2012

Bellwood was a blast when Claudia was losing her shit. She wasn't fun when she was stable.

by Anonymousreply 3208/07/2012

I've just finished Season 6 and have to say that I had completely forgotten about Christopher Cazenove who was quite attractive but completely unbelievable as Blake's estranged brother. I mean, a Coloradan speaking with a British accent after having lived in Australia for 20 years??

by Anonymousreply 3308/07/2012

Don't forget that horrible Helmut Berger, totally miscast and so gay. Who cast George Hamilton?? - that was another huge mistake.

by Anonymousreply 3408/07/2012

Bellwood's best moment was up on the roof with that doll. I screamed the place down at that scene.

Kirby existed to be the least sympathetic victim ever on tv. The concept was interesting, of the kids of 'the help' growing up next to the Carringtons, but she was insufferable.

Diahann Carroll was excellent but she's wasted on very average storylines. The first series was actually quite nuanced. The later ones do show Blake doing bad things but you KNOW you're meant to be rooting for him and Krystle.

by Anonymousreply 3508/07/2012

Very good article on Season One.

"The Dynasty That Could Have Been: The legendary primetime soap's surprisingly arty debut season."

by Anonymousreply 3608/07/2012

Her mother is Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia and Catherine is some distant relative of Charles. She played Diana twice in movies so there was a certain royal cachet there.

But, god, how much of a cunt do you have to be to get fired from Dynasty which was Twat Central.

by Anonymousreply 3708/07/2012

Did anybody catch her reality show, "I married a Princess"?

by Anonymousreply 3808/07/2012

The whole family starred in 13 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 3908/07/2012

In 2009, India Oxenberg carried the princess theme direct to DVD

by Anonymousreply 4008/07/2012

[quote]Halfway through season 6 now, struggling to get through these eps. Had a glance at The Colbys, might have another look if only for Stanwyk.

Barbara Stanwyck said The Colbys had the worst scripts she had ever seen in her life. Still, the old gal was a pro and never stopped trying.

by Anonymousreply 4108/07/2012

I think Emma Samms would have been terrific as Alexis' baby sister but would Joan have stood for that?

by Anonymousreply 4208/07/2012

[quote]I mean, a Coloradan speaking with a British accent after having lived in Australia for 20 years??

The Melbournian accent can sound very much more like a British accent and less like a typical Aussie accent, so if his character spent a lot of time in Melbourne while in Australia, maybe it's plausible?

by Anonymousreply 4308/07/2012

Emma was stunning in he mid 80s. I don't know how she did it but she dropped a ton of weight from when she was on GH to when she was on swimsuit covers.

by Anonymousreply 4408/07/2012

Cellini played Amanda for half of Season 7, then Amanda got packed up and shipped away and was never mentioned again.

Amanda's arrival at the party with Alexis smacking her is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 4508/07/2012

Clip of Catherine

by Anonymousreply 4608/07/2012

And another

by Anonymousreply 4708/07/2012

Loved CO as Amanda - she was what they wanted, pouty and princess-ish. I thought she had better chemistry with Michael Nader than Collins did.

It could have been worse - they wanted BROOKE SHIELDS for Amanda, originally.

And despite what another poster stated about John Forsythe hating Oxenberg - you are fucked up. I saw them at several Kentucky Derby parties throughout the early 90's. They were conversing and embracing, hardly what you describe.

by Anonymousreply 4808/07/2012

I think Brooke would have been great in an evening soap in the late 80s. Her face was still stunningly beautiful then, and she has the knack for that kind of camp. I don't think she would have been good as Amanda.

by Anonymousreply 4908/07/2012

Brooke in 1987 on Regis

by Anonymousreply 5008/07/2012

Funny in the 2006 video Dynasty Reunion: Catfights & Caviar John says he had not seen Oxenburg since she left the show decades before. I guess he could have been senile at the time and forgot how close they had been and all those parties you saw them at. John mentions their problem in the show as well. It surprised me that the actors had so little to do with each other after the show ended.

by Anonymousreply 5108/07/2012

I thought Stephanie Beacham was perfect on Dynasty, maybe even better than on The Colbys. She had the camp like Collins, but much more depth than Collins and showed a much broader range. She is the reason why the last season is my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 5308/08/2012

Collins showed depth in other roles.

by Anonymousreply 5408/08/2012

Collins was surprisingly good on the daytime soap Guiding Light. I think it's because they didn't have time to rehearse and she went on instinct. Her other performances (including on Dynasty) looked over-rehearsed and self-conscious.

by Anonymousreply 5508/08/2012

True, she wasn't a very good actress, but she was fine in the role and very beautiful. I remember everyone in high school watched and all the guys had crushes on her and all the girls wanted to look like her.

I hated Jack Coleman as Stephen #2... He's actually enjoyable in roles now. So strange that he is pretty much the only Dynasty star still working (Heroes, Vampire Diaries, The Office).. Other than Locklear, none of them did much other than going to (or back to) daytime soaps.

by Anonymousreply 5608/08/2012

For those who asked why Oxenburg was fired: I didn't see it on the thread, but money was the reported issue. I read (and she also indicated in a Dynasty retrospective interview) that she had wanted a modest raise. TPTB wouldn't have it and canned her.

Remember that throughout its run, Dynasty fired actors left and right. I always thought that that was one of its biggest problems and resulted in far too much inconsistency with characters and storylines.

by Anonymousreply 5708/08/2012

Collins was understated in that Star Trek episode.

by Anonymousreply 5808/08/2012

Catherine Oxenburg was fabulous and played her part perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 5908/08/2012

What does Catherine Oxenburg do these days?

by Anonymousreply 6008/08/2012

Didn't Oxenberg get fired for being a klepto?

by Anonymousreply 6108/08/2012

[quote]They finally met up just before his death in a special.

John Forsythe died in a special? Was it on NBC?

by Anonymousreply 6208/08/2012

In that special from a few years back where Linda Evans looked like a tranny, why did Heather Locklear refuse to have any of her scenes be shown? What's her beef with "Dynasty?"

by Anonymousreply 6308/08/2012

I too loved Stephanie Beacham. I also hated the fake Steven. Al was just too damn hot to be replaced. Though her role was short I loved Kate O'Mara. Plus Kate had the best soap opera name ever. Caress Morrell.

Real Steven. When I was 16 he was just my ideal of pefection.

by Anonymousreply 6408/08/2012

Cathy in the house @ R59

by Anonymousreply 6508/08/2012

Bill Campbell sure is a cutie. WHy'd they have to kill him off?

by Anonymousreply 6608/08/2012

Campbell was killed off because he was gay and Coleman wanted to go straight again. He was always bugging the producers to let him play straight. He hated all of the gay scenes.

by Anonymousreply 6708/08/2012

Yeah at the time Coleman was a total asshole about the gay storyline. Wouldn't even answer questions from the media about because, as he said, his wife told him not to.

by Anonymousreply 6808/08/2012

Yes, it's true even up until today. Hard to believe after all these years.

by Anonymousreply 6908/08/2012

So why did Coleman agree to play an ambiguously gay character on "The Office?"

by Anonymousreply 7008/08/2012

Corley left because Steven wasn't gay enough, Coleman signs on and hates that he's too gay.

by Anonymousreply 7108/08/2012

"Ohhh, Blake!!!"

by Anonymousreply 7208/08/2012

R63 - are you sure? I don't think Heather had a beef with Dynasty.

by Anonymousreply 7308/08/2012

I loved how 'THE COLBYS' would lift old storylines from 'DYNASTY' thinking that no one would notice.

by Anonymousreply 7408/08/2012

The worst actress ever to appear on Dynasty was Ali McGraw as Lady Ashley.

by Anonymousreply 7510/08/2012

by Anonymousreply 7610/08/2012

R10 Pamela Sue Martin left Dynasty because she was sick and going bald. She wore wigs for most of the run on the show. That's when it started to look so bad and she seemed completely exhausted and out of breath when she read her lines.

by Anonymousreply 7710/08/2012

Remember the episode in 1984-85 "Moldavia" season, where Blake, raging about their children's troubles, mentions to Alexis that Stephen was with a man? Alexis is stunned and Blake says that he thought she knew. That was a VERY realistic parental realization that you really *can't* change your kid's sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 7810/08/2012

I watched a clip of the 2006 Dynasty reunion and was wondering what happened to Linda Evan's upper lip.

by Anonymousreply 7910/08/2012

Linda Evans face was ruined by injections and she discovered it after it was too late to reverse. She has discussed this openly and warned others not to do what she did. She looked like a freak then but she looks better today.

by Anonymousreply 8010/08/2012

Catherine O was in a relationship with John Kerry, who could be India's father (the father has never been revealed). GOSSIP!

by Anonymousreply 8110/09/2012

I thought Oxenberg was bad enough on her own, but damn, she and Michael Praed were the most colorless and dull couple on the show. So naturally their wedding was a huge event.

I am on Season 5 and it's taking me a while to go through it as it doesn't have the pull the early seasons had for me- despite being the most popular season.

And why do they do that weird thing in the opening credits where they reverse the film on Rock Hudson's headshot? Boy, his illness is very apparent as the season continues.

by Anonymousreply 8212/11/2012

Billy Campbell. Is he gay or just one of the most gay-positive actors out there?

by Anonymousreply 8312/11/2012

bump for Billy Campbell.

by Anonymousreply 8412/11/2012

I'm not sure of Billy Campbell's sexuality, but He's got a small penis and really big balls. He appeared completely nude in "More Tales From the City."

by Anonymousreply 8512/30/2012

[quote]she and Michael Praed were the most colorless and dull couple on the show.

Yeah, but he sure was pretty, wasn't he?

by Anonymousreply 8612/30/2012

by Anonymousreply 8712/30/2012

Loved Sable Colby.

I hated how the show tried to pair Jeff with his sister. Thankfully they reversed that in the reunion movie.

by Anonymousreply 8812/30/2012

Remember me?

by Anonymousreply 8912/30/2012

Yes I do, r89, like my 2-year bout of mono.

by Anonymousreply 9012/30/2012

R37, not so distantly related. One of Cathy VD's maternal grandparents is a first cousins of either betty or phill. princess Elizabeth is Chuck's second cousin, which makes the Ox a third cuz to Harry and Willy.

by Anonymousreply 9112/30/2012

I had no idea Jack Coleman was such an ass about his character being gay.

I have this vague recollection of seeing him on a talk show (maybe Letterman) when I was a kid where the host asked the audience whether Steven should be gay or straight. The audience picked gay, surprisingly. Can't remember how Coleman acted during the segment.

Didn't they get old Steven back for one of the Dynasty reunion movies?

by Anonymousreply 9212/30/2012

I never understood why soaps did the whole "surgery" thing for recasts. When OLTL did it with Max, it was confusing because Nicholas Walker kinda resembles Jimmy Depaiva. Plus they've had a few Tinas and Dorians over the years. It was odd when Dynasty did it with Steven too. And yes, they brought back the original Steven for the '91 reunion movie.

by Anonymousreply 9312/30/2012

I wonder if a reason Coleman was so against his gay love story was that Campbell acted circles around him? I would have loved to see how a Corley/Campbell pairing would have done on the final seasons of the show.

by Anonymousreply 9412/30/2012

Steven comes across as so sanctimonious that he's not "entirely" gay. What an ass. Campbell was sure cute back then.

by Anonymousreply 9512/30/2012

In fairness, Steven (as played by Coleman) was gay during the WORST PART of the AIDS crisis, when stigma about AIDS and homosexuality were at their worst. It was a dicey, tough time all around. Everyone thought gay=AIDS=death and it was exceedingly difficult for real gay actors and some of that rubbed off on straight actors in gay parts. Just saying...

Is it possible that this thread made it to 95 posts without Karen Cellini coming up or did I miss/skip it? Lord...

by Anonymousreply 9612/30/2012

Here I am, r96!

by Anonymousreply 9712/30/2012

And yet, in fairness, there was Coleman on "The Office" playing a gay elected official who married Angela and slept with Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 9812/30/2012

They misused Diahann Carroll on the show. It was like they didn't know what to do with her once they got her. They got a lot of mileage from the "first black bitch" on a primetime soap, but her character was underused. Originally, I read where Kirby was supposed to be her daughter, but they nixed that idea to avoid controversy.

by Anonymousreply 9912/30/2012

Emma Samms was gorgeous then.

by Anonymousreply 10012/30/2012

Emma Samms was a terrible replacement for Fallon. I really missed Pamela Sue Martin, but she had to leave the show because she was losing her hair.

I wonder whatever happened to the Fallon painting(s) that hung above the fireplace in the Carrington Mansion. Probably collecting dust in some prop warehouse.

by Anonymousreply 10112/30/2012

Krystle in the attic is a story that goes on and on and on ...

by Anonymousreply 10212/30/2012

Emma did well enough, R101, and was beautiful, but she wasn't the right fit for the character.

by Anonymousreply 10312/30/2012

I love Emma, but wow, she was awful as Fallon, especially with that mutant American accent.

by Anonymousreply 10412/30/2012

Wasn't Emma dating Jon Erik Hexum at the time of his death?

by Anonymousreply 10512/30/2012

r91 CO's mother is actually a 1st cousin of the Kents - the Duke, Princess Alexandra, and Prince Michael. Her mother was a sister of the fabulous Marina of Greece/Denmark (Duchess of Kent).

by Anonymousreply 10612/30/2012

Emma was a beauty back then.

by Anonymousreply 10712/30/2012

"Oh, Blake"

Shakes head

by Anonymousreply 10804/23/2014

I, too, was rewatching "Dynasty" on DVD. The show got REALLY bad halfway through the 4th season, when Fallon was obsessed with Peter De Vilbis (a creepy role and creepy actor). I could barely make it through that season. But then I got to season 5 and it was even WORSE. Yes, Catherine was awful. Dominique Devereux was also pretty ridiculous. Season 5 had THIRTY episodes!!! THIRTY!!! I stopped watching after the 5th or 6th episode.

by Anonymousreply 10904/23/2014

One of ABC's greatest gay sitcoms!

SO PRETENTIOUS--from that stupid opening music with the courtly horns and fountains--to the oldest drag queen in the world Joan--to the hammy overacting and bad writing in every episode.

Yes soaps are stupid and guilty pleasures but those bad 80s nightime soaps are the worst.

Who was it who said, when asked, who signed the Magna Carta, they replied: Joan Collins

by Anonymousreply 11004/23/2014

Most everyone on this show, both male & female, were hired for their looks, not their acting abilities.

Has anyone heard from Emma Samms, CO, PSM or even Linda Evans, since Dynasty went off the air?

by Anonymousreply 11204/23/2014

All but Collins have fallen into obscurity, but:

Samms runs a charity.

Oxenberg has about twenty children.

Martin is enjoying a quiet life.

Evans looks like Frankenstein's Monster.

by Anonymousreply 11304/23/2014

by Anonymousreply 11404/23/2014

Emma does still occasionally pop up on General Hospital for a handful of episodes every year or so.

by Anonymousreply 11504/23/2014

[quote]In that special from a few years back where Linda Evans looked like a tranny, why did Heather Locklear refuse to have any of her scenes be shown? What's her beef with "Dynasty?"

Heather was going through a divorce at the time. She declined any involvement due to this. They didn't show her clips because what would the point be?

by Anonymousreply 11604/23/2014

Heather is still working.

by Anonymousreply 11704/23/2014

[quote] those bad 80s nightime soaps are the worst.

I think "Dynasty" was the worst. "Dallas" and "Knots Landing" were quality for at least 9-10 seasons apiece. "Falcon Crest" was light and fun with gorgeous locales and so many colorful characters.

I made it through Season 5 and 6 of "Dynasty" (I prefer Season 6 over 5) but there's a scene in Season 7 when Alexis is leaving Dex' trailer, opens the door, thunder rumbles and she gasps and steps backward into Dex' arms and they make love.

The show was so good those first two seasons. It ages the worst of the four.

by Anonymousreply 11804/23/2014

I was so obsessed with "Dynasty" when I was thirteen and it played in syndication on FX every week night at 9:00pm.

I was so excited after Fallon disappeared and "died." I kept tuning in to find out, "Is Fallon really alive? When is she coming back?"

For me, the show got very boring after Sammy Jo rescued Krystle from Delta Rho.

I didn't care about Ben or Caress or Amanda #2.

It got more interesting again after Blake had his amnesia and got back together with Alexis briefly.

I was rooting for Steven and Sammy Jo to get back together.

I was disappointed in Jeff when he cheated on Fallon with Leslie.

I thought it was interesting when Jeff and Sammy Jo got together.

by Anonymousreply 11904/23/2014

Ray Abruzzo is still around -- "The Sopranos" and "Mad Men," doing stage work.

I love his Twitter account, even though it's not terribly active. He's a big lefty who taunts the Tea Party, has little conversations with Emma Samms (they seem very fond of each other), and posts pictures and videos of his animals (it looks like he lives on a ranch). Very likable guy and still good-looking for his age.

by Anonymousreply 12004/23/2014

JD Salinger saw her on the show and flew out to LA to stalk her on the set until they threw him out.

by Anonymousreply 12104/25/2014

I wonder what Catherine Oxenburg and her husband Caspar Van Dienm do every day. I guess they're "in the business," but they don't seem to work. How do they support themselves?

They're a good-looking attractive couple; they're not that old; they have kids. But they don't work.

by Anonymousreply 12204/26/2014

There's only one hit that comes out of a Karen Cellini show, and that's me, baby, remember?

by Anonymousreply 12304/26/2014

Whatever happened to Maxwell Caulfield, of the Colbys, besides him marrying that older woman as a cover? I had the hots for him.

by Anonymousreply 12404/26/2014

George Hamilton was fucking Catherine Oxenburg while he was on the show. That was a bizarre coupling to say the least.

She was married to Robert Evans for a bit as well. Their marriage was annulled after nine days. I guess she found out he was being supported by his friends particularly Jack Nicholson.

Her first child has an unnamed baby daddy. I wonder who the mystery man is?

by Anonymousreply 12504/26/2014

Max is still married to Juliet Mills of Nanny and The Professor. Was that a bearding? It seemed weird that they were together maybe MC had mum issues.

Was he a client of his Grease 2 co-star or was he fucking her without paying her?

by Anonymousreply 12604/26/2014

Yes, apparently Catherine got along with Joan, but not John or Linda. I don't know if I'm surprised, I've always found Linda sort of phony.

by Anonymousreply 12704/26/2014

One thing I have to say about Linda Evans as Kryslte Carrington...

She had the LOWEST HANGING TITS I've ever seen!

by Anonymousreply 12804/26/2014

[post redacted because thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

by Anonymousreply 12904/26/2014

Kathleen Beller, covered in pens.

by Anonymousreply 13004/26/2014

I recall watching Dynasty in Croatia with a group of locals. Hysterical. Quite funny to hear Forsythe's character's name pronounced there - BllllaaaaK.

Then Oxenburg appeared on screen and the hissing started. Apparently she's a Serbian nationalist - claims to be a Serbian princess or something. Croats would cheerfully dispose of her and her family given the chance.

And yes, she was terrible on Dynasty and everything else she's done.

by Anonymousreply 13104/26/2014

What is Emma Samms like?

by Anonymousreply 13204/26/2014

Oxenberg should have been shot for that awful remake of ROMAN HOLIDAY.

I think Karen Cellini went right back to The Hard Rock Cafe after she was drop-kicked from the show. She wasn't much better.

by Anonymousreply 13304/26/2014

Not true, R127. Forsythe, for one, tried to help her with some problems she was going through at the time(her eating disorder?). She wasn't open to being helped at the time, but there was no animosity between them.

She wasn't much of an actress, but had the right attitude for Amanda. And she was quite lovely.

by Anonymousreply 13404/26/2014

I think the producers really thought they could replace Pamela Sue Martin and Catherine Oxenberg with anyone or cast any useless character on the show and the audience would still watch. WRONG! This coupled with the horrible writing sank the show. Recasting an American actress with a British one and vice versa. Makes a lot of sense! The last season was better but by then everyone stopped watching.

by Anonymousreply 13504/26/2014

Oxenberg and Forsythe both alluded to a falling out of some kind in the 2006 reunion special. Why didn't they get along? Catherine had an eating disorder? They made up then.

Catherine's face has changed a lot. Has she been going to Linda's doctor?

by Anonymousreply 13604/27/2014

[quote]Has she been going to Linda's doctor?

No. He's been struck off for malpractice.

by Anonymousreply 13704/27/2014

The way they wrote off Claudia was a shame. "Dad, Claudia's dead. I'm going to her funeral."

The end.

by Anonymousreply 13804/27/2014

At least there was a funeral. I just disappeared and no one noticed.

by Anonymousreply 13904/27/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!