Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I can't imagine Daniel Craig buying his own toilet paper...

Do celebrities do their own grocery shopping or do most have someone to do that for them? Have you ever seen someone famous at your local super market?

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 10311/13/2012

I was once in line behind Dame Kiri Te Kanawa at the Vons in Montecito, CA.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 108/07/2012

I once saw Greta Garbo buying tampons at Costco. A big, huge jumbo pack of them.

She did not say hello.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 208/07/2012

When I was 14 years old my Mom pointed out Greta Garbo to me in a local pharmacy checkout on First Avenue.

First time I saw Paul Newman in person was in a Gristedes (super market) on 2nd Ave and 49th. He and Joanne W had an appartment near by.

First time I saw Kate Hepburn in person she was shoveling snow in front of her town house on 49th.

So, uh, yes, celebrities buy their own stuff, at least some of the time.

(My post is going to drive the trolls who hate my "name dropping" nuts...)

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 308/07/2012

Celebrities never shit OP. That's what makes them so magical and different from you.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 408/07/2012

Don't most people have groceries delivered these days?

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 508/07/2012

I ran into Alec Baldwin many times shopping at Zabars and would oft see him getting takeout from a nearby place. He lived one block away.

In NY I think most do their own stuff, many go to regular gyms (NYSC) and live pretty normal lives.

The photogs show up of you call them (aka) madonna but if you just go about your business no one much cares.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 608/07/2012

Years ago I was in the old Dart Rexall drug store in L.A. near the Beverly Center. I see this older woman pushing a baby in a stroller (she's obviously grandma). When she gets a little closer, I notice it's Anne Bancroft. I smiled and nodded at her and she did the same.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 708/07/2012

Why would Greta Garbo have needed tampons? Surely she'd have been through menopause by the time you saw her, R2.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 808/07/2012

Maybe she was buying lube R8.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 908/07/2012

Saw David Bowie buying fruit from a street vendor a couple of years ago in NYC. I was standing behind him waiting to buy something to drink.

My mother-in-law has seen Armand Assante at a local supermarket and at a Home Depot.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 1008/07/2012

I saw RYAN from A LIST NY at Trader Joe's a few months ago. He was very friendly and said "HI".

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 1108/07/2012

I always wondered what kind of toilet paper Anna Wintour buys.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 1208/07/2012

Years ago Sandra Bullock was in an Randalls on Bee Caves in Austin buying stuff, I also saw Ann Richards at Whole Foods several times

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 1308/07/2012

Anna Wintour has a bidet, you cretin!

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 1408/07/2012

Well there are celebs and then there are celebs. I can imagine a lot of them shopping at supermarkets or buying toilet paper, going to Home Depot or Costco or whatever.

But there are some I can't imagine doing anything for themselves. They have personal assistants who do it, or housekeepers, or whomever. I don't think it's necessarily a status thing or laziness either.

For example, I find it easy to imagine runnning into an "ordinary guy" like Tom Hanks at the store, but in reality, he's probably one of those has a very competent housekeeper who sees about that stuff.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 1508/07/2012

I've seen tons of celebs shopping at the Fairfax and Sta Monica Whole Foods and at Rock n Roll Ralph's.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 1608/07/2012

If you don't go to the grocery store, how do you know what's there?

Everyone knows how to shop. If you have money it's even more fun.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 1808/07/2012

The stars used to drop in at Owens in Beverly Hills, it was a surprisingly small store. They all had accounts - mostly they would send their maids and house keepers, but they would drop in for stuff as well. My partner's family used to patronize them all the time and I went there a bunch of times. Stars would let their kids buy on account there, you'd see them in their all the time. I don't know if it's still open. They had great hazel-nut and chocolate almond coffee.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 1908/07/2012

You da scat lover? Ew you just the nasty ass.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 2008/07/2012

I want to name drop, too! I worked at a Barnes & Noble in Houston. Among the potpourri of A-list visibles buying their own books were Jaclyn Smith (SUPER nice and well read, Bootsie Gumdrop notwithstanding);

DL fave Barbara Bush (also super nice, with discreet Secret Service, of course) and once even President GHW Bush with her (TALL and very clueless);

their douche son Neil with shrewish wife Sharon;

Ann Richards (must have been in the late stages of her illness, as she died soon after);

...and once, Monica Lewinsky! That was during her handbag designer phase.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 2108/07/2012

Little Rock: At my neighborhood Kroger I used to see the guy who played Herb on WKRP and a daytime drama actor whose name I've never known, but back then he was "Patch" on Days Of Our Lives.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 2208/07/2012

Used to see Cuba Gooding, Jr. almost every time I went to the grocery store (Studio City Ralphs- back then it was Hughes, though.)

Also saw Henry Rollins literally buying milk and cookies

And Gabrielle Carteris, looking much smaller in real life than she did on 90210

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 2308/07/2012

Years ago, I was in line behind Jackie O at a Merit Farms on Lexington Avenue. She was buying the same thing I was...a pack of cigarettes.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 2408/07/2012

A couple of years ago, I was behind none other than the legendary Ruta Lee at a Von's in Palm Springs.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 2508/07/2012

These are old time sightings. I think the only person who goes grocery shopping in Hollywood is Jennifer Garner, and that's so she can get her photo taken.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 2608/07/2012

Who on earth would ever recognize these people in real life situations? I wouldn't know a movie star from the homeless person with the stolen shopping cart. These people look like everyone else when out of makeup. I live in LA and have never recognized any actors. I think all these sightings are imaginary.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 2708/07/2012

I saw John Malkovich buy cigarettes at a TRIBECA Duane Reade

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 2808/07/2012

I would happily buy Daniel some toilet paper and then help him use it.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 2908/07/2012

[quote]Why would Greta Garbo have needed tampons? Surely she'd have been through menopause by the time you saw her

I saw Reply 8 at Target trying to buy a clue.

[quote]I saw Dick Cheney at the local Giant Foods. Went up and spoke with him. Nice guy actually in person.

I always hope that murdering war criminals are nice in person.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 3008/07/2012

I'd like to help him wipe.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 3108/07/2012

Funny you should ask the question this way, OP. A friend has a store which Daniel and Rachel came in to shop at just a couple weeks ago. He doesn't sell toilet paper but it's not like his is a superfancy boutique either. They came in just like everybody else.

I have other friends in retail who wait on celebs frequently.

And just the other week I saw Marion Cotillard at Whole Foods. Shopping just like everybody else.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 3208/07/2012

My college roommate and I ran into Dolly Parton shopping at Kroger postmidnight, sans wig and makeup.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 3308/07/2012

Us Magazine has a section devoted to this called "Stars They're Just Like Us." I find it humorous 'cause it always pictures celebrities doing regular, mundane things like buying stuff at a farmer's market or stopping for ice cream at a corner store or feeding the meter.

Anyway, I've never had any star sightings, but the one that comes to mind is someone posted on Raul Esparza's thread a couple years ago that they saw him buying ready-to-use enemas at Rite Aid or Duane Read, presumably for penetration preparation. That was the conjecture, anyhow.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 3408/07/2012

A friend worked at a wine store in Sutton Place and Susan "Sigourney" Weaver would come in frequently for wine. Apparently okay tastes.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 3508/07/2012

I stood in line at the pharmacy in Beverly Hills on Cannon. Dack Rambo was buying butt cream.

Helped Cindi Lauper pick out a toothbrush there too.

Huh Hefner's ex wife had a cart of make-up. She was very "scary spice".

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 3608/07/2012

A few years ago, I stood behind Florence Henderson on the express line at D'Agostino's. I wanted to say, "Loved you in Fanny," but I didn't have the nerve. She looked terrific.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 3708/07/2012

This happened many years ago and really dates me... I worked at an office on street level across O'Farrell from Macy's. We used to see stars from time to time and they were filming Streets of SF at the time. Anyway, one of my co-workers who worked in the front of the office - we had huge floor to ceiling class windows - said she saw Katherine Hepburn across the street with another woman looking in the windows of Macy's. I rushed across the street and stood alongside her as she talked to the woman she was with about men's clothes in the window. She suddenly turned to me and said, he looks exactly like _____'s size. Would myou mind coming with me and we'll pick some stuff out" something like that. We then went to two sections of the men's department and I tried on clothes for her. She picked out a few things and then we checked out with the clerk, she used her Macy's card and it had her own name on it. To thank me she bought me a sweater combination I liked. It wasn't really expensive and was on sale. She was very interested in the sale items.

I also saw Joan Baez once at Joseph Magnin in the cosmetics department. I watched her for a while, and she said something like "snoopy; aren't we" in a friendly way. She bought a lot of stuff and she was totally on her own. Two years later I met her in a social situation and she remembered me as being that snoopy boy from JM.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 3808/07/2012

I was behind Trish Van Devere at Wal-Mart as she was buying a big ol' package of Depends adult diapers. She looked beyond embarrassed. I felt sorry for her.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 3908/07/2012

About 15 years ago I was walking on the side street of Bloomingdale's in NYC. It was early morning on the weekend, so the streets were pretty empty. Imagine my surprise to see Bill Cosby run past me and into one of those salad bars/coffee shops that are all over Manhattan. Some other people were as taken aback as me and after a second he started getting noticed. He smiled, kinda waved and hustled back across the street.

I didn't notice what he bought.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 4008/07/2012

I can't imagine Daniel Craig wiping his own ass.

I think that's why he married Rachel.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 4108/07/2012

My boyfriend was accosted by a drunken Lauren Hutton in a bodega five years ago.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 4208/07/2012

Not a grocery store story, but a number of years ago, I was waiting in front of the Palace Theater for a friend, and I noticed a woman waiting in the "Will Call" line; tallish, short hair, shades, well-dressed. And I tried to figure out if I knew her then I realized: JULIE ANDREWS!

And I thought well she'll draw a crowd if I say something, so I just sort of kept an eye on her as the line moved. No "do you know who I am" or even having someone else wait on line for her...she got to the head of the line, picked up her tickets, and walked off to a waiting car.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 4308/07/2012

Hell yeah. Buying booze. They don't want the help to know how much the actually drink.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 4408/07/2012

I can't believe r23 "literally saw Henry Rollins buying milk and cookies." WTF does THAT mean?

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 4508/07/2012

[quote] a daytime drama actor whose name I've never known, but back then he was "Patch" on Days Of Our Lives.

Stephen Nichols

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 4608/07/2012

I once saw Hillary Skank and Chad Lowe (when they were still together) debating what flavours of yogurt to get at Gristede's on W 4th.

(She was partial to Straberry Banana, IIRC0

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 4708/07/2012

I've seen David Tennant at Chiswick Waitrose a few times.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 4808/07/2012

[quote]Us Magazine has a section devoted to this called "Stars They're Just Like Us." I find it humorous 'cause it always pictures celebrities doing regular, mundane things like buying stuff at a farmer's market or stopping for ice cream at a corner store or feeding the meter.

*I* find it amusing because, as amply demonstrated on this thread, it implies that most people seem to believe celebrities are modern-day deities who one can't *fathom* doing everyday tasks like grocery shopping, taking their kids to the park, shopping at the mall, or whatever. Most celebrities live quotidian lives 99% of the time, just like us ... or, should I say, "just like US!" There are only a handful of celebrities who are either megarich enough to have "underlings" do the shopping or egotistical enough to think they'll be "mobbed" if they show up somewhere in public (think Mariah Carey on that one).

I'm not naming names, since this is such a stupid topic, but I've truly lost track of the number of celebrities I've seen over the years at Ralphs, Whole Foods, Target, the Grove or the Coffee Bean. Unlike R27, I don't find it difficult in the least to recognize somebody even if they're dressed down and not wearing any makeup.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 4908/07/2012

For the Drew Brees Ass Troll: I saw Drew Brees buying about a month's worth of food at Whole Foods in New Orleans...

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 5008/07/2012

"Why would Greta Garbo have needed tampons? Surely she'd have been through menopause by the time you saw her."

Spilled vodka and drool.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 5108/07/2012

My b/f and I got on line to pick up our tickets for a show at a theatre in Hollywood. Suddenly I noticed that Eileen Brennan and her g/f were in line ahead of us. My b/f didn't notice but I wanted to tell him so I reached over and pushed him back to stand behind me. That way I could turn around and whisper about Eileen Brennan. When I turned, my b/f is giving me a WTF? look and so is the guy behind him who witnessed this strange maneuver. He's looking right at me to see what the hell I was going to say. My eyes probably bugged out because it was Mel Torme. I have no idea what I mumbled at that point.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 5208/07/2012

I stood once next to James Earl Jones waiting for my luggage at Newark.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 5308/07/2012

[quote] Why would Greta Garbo have needed tampons? Surely she'd have been through menopause by the time you saw her, [R2].

Surely she was buying them for her female lover(s).

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 5408/07/2012

I think Garbo had a tiny penis like Joan of Arc.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 5508/07/2012

Craig was living quite a normal social life before the Bond fame. My sister works in film production and he and his gal attended a small BBQ (yes, a BBQ!) at her place in Hancock Park. We all got drunk on cocktails like regular folk.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 5708/07/2012

I frequently imagine Daniel Craig USING his own toilet paper.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 5808/07/2012

That's gross

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 5908/07/2012

Boy George claimed on Graham Norton's show to have spotted Bananarama in a Sainsbury's once. Can any of you Brits confirm?

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 6008/07/2012

Oddly, I can totally imagine Daniel Tosh buying his own toilet paper.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 6108/07/2012

I bought some toilet paper today.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 6208/07/2012

R62 = Daniel Craig

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 6308/07/2012

Saw Dianne Keaton at the WeHo Target... Did a double take... Was about to speak yet didn't.. Stood there to play dumb for a few seconds, but walked away. It was amusing enough...

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 6408/07/2012

I only buy Charmin Ultra-Soft.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 6508/07/2012

I don't use toilet paper.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 6608/07/2012

Seen em all but I live here in LA so it's not that uncommon. Olympia Dukakis at Bristol Farms, sort of an upscale little supermarket, and then again the next day at Blockbuster (when there still was Blockbuster). I also saw Shannon Doherty at that store and Tori Spelling on separate occasions, oh and Reese Witherspoon too. Oh, and Janice Dickinson, who was either drunk or high and just carrying on, talking really loud, and just being obnoxious, not unfriendly--just the opposite, but stupid.

Also saw Tyne Daly at Ralph's supermarket with one of her daughters. Honestly, with those big choppers and messy sweatshirt and horrific bleached blond hair, she looked homeless, but it was her.

And the Countess from Real Housewives at a bar on Sunset Boulevard wearing her one shoulder dress (does she own any other kind) and I said hi, but she was sort of stand offish, but it's because I made a Jill Zarin crack and she wasn't having it. Oh, also met Super Nanny at a bar on Sunset and she was a BLAST--the English girl. She was a lot of fun, SO much younger than they used to make her appear on that show, and she poked me in the ribs when I asked if she left the kids in the car to come in and get a drink.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 6708/07/2012

I love the line about Sting at R66

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 6808/08/2012

Used to live on the Upper West Side. Lotta famous people doing regular things. Saw Tom Hanks and Matt Dillon in a pizza spot on Columbs a load of times (not together haha)...

Once got on an empty train at 81st and sat across from Jessica Walter, reading People magazine. So wanted to ask her about Play Misty For Me.

That Hasselbeck wench from The View would be at the corner newsstand every other day. Not a nice woman.

The West Village was the same. At my gym alone, on any given day: John Slattery, Kiefer Sutherland, Julianne Moore, Nate Berkus, Amy Sedaris, Stanley Tucci.

But my favorite "celeb doing regular things" moments: Diane Von Furstenburg buying a foot high stack of magazines...as I stared nosily at the stack to see what she read, she smiled and said, "I love to read magazines when I travel!"

And a few years back, saw Hugh Jackman walking down 8th Avenue with his kid in a stroller. I thought he was just some gay dad out with his kid til I recognized him. I still thought he was a gay dad out with his kid, just globally famous.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 6908/08/2012

[quote]When I turned, my b/f is giving me a WTF?

Why the slash between the b & the f?

This alarms me for some reason, so I felt I had to draw your attention to it.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 7008/08/2012

Saw Chris Laurita (Jackie's husband) in a specialty food store in Franklin Lakes NJ last week. He is very broad shouldered with crazy skinny legs and his hair is sparser than it looks on TV.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 7108/08/2012

We don't wipe our own asses so why should we have to buy the toilet paper?

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 7208/08/2012

I've seen Helena Bonham Carter in my local Marks and Spencer, looking bedraggled as always.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 7308/08/2012

I lived in Malibu for a year. I saw Reggie Miller buying orange juice at Ralph's and I saw David Geffen just hanging out talking to a clerk at a small liqour/grocery store. My husband saw Dick Van Dyke at Ralph's as well.

Also- here's a fun story. I worked at a little gift shop in NYC and one day, both Molly Shannon and Sandra Bernhartd (sp?) came in. Then I called my husband and told him I just had two celebrity customers. Then a few moments later, a customer came up to me and looked up and said "oh wow, you're..." and she said "you're THIRD celebrity customer." It was Mira Sorvino.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 7408/08/2012

I assume most celebrities do shop for themselves. Only you know what you really like to buy.

OMG can you imagine Donald Trump buying toilet paper at a local whole foods? I can't.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 7508/08/2012

OP's thread title reminded me of a quote from Michael Stipe regarding fame:

"If I stopped to ponder how weird it is that people on the other side of the world who don't speak any English know all of the words to "Losing My Religion," I wouldn't be able to function. I wouldn't be able to buy toilet paper."

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 7608/08/2012

Do these celebrities disguise themselves or just walk around as normal people?

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 7711/13/2012

I can't imagine Daniel Craig buying someone ELSE's toilet paper.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 7811/13/2012

Daniel Craig is the most plain looking guy to have ever portrayed James Bond. The guy is simply dreadful. He's got the face of 60 year old man. Say what you may about his body, he's got a face that would stop a clock. He simply looks like an unattractive Polish guy. Most polish guys are rather good looking, so I'm guessing it's an age problem.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 7911/13/2012

Bump for celebrities waiting at the cashier stand.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 8011/13/2012

I worked with Joan Collins on a show in San Diego a few years ago. We were driving around doing some media while she was here. In between interviews, she wanted a couple of magazines to read. We went to a nearby CVS. The house fraus who also happened to be there buying their tampons and Jean Nate bath splash nearly fainted in the aisle when Joan walked in.

It was a hoot as Joan and I browsed the magazine rack and then waited in the checkout line to pay.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 8111/13/2012

A friend of mine has seen Bernadette Peters at the Trader Joe's on the UWS a few times.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 8211/13/2012

I saw Susan Sarandon shopping at the Amish Market once. Another time, back in the 90's I saw David Bowie using the color copy machine at a Duane Reade near Times Square. He was laying slices of fruit on the glass and making copies of them til the older Hindu clerk started berating him for making a mess. After he left I asked the clerk if she knew who he was, and in typical New York fashion she shot back, "Yea. Some fucking asshole!"

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 8311/13/2012

Georgia Engel at the Morton Williams at 57th Street. She was indeed reaching for toilet paper. She even let a woman get in front of her in line because the woman only had a few items.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 8411/13/2012

Kathy Griffin. Yup, you guessed it. Summer's Eve! And she was $0.10 short, so I chipped in. I knew she was a sista!

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 8511/13/2012

I have seen Marion Cotillard at Whole Foods but i didn't inspect her shopping basket.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 8611/13/2012

I live in the Hamptons and used to see celebs all the time at the supermarket and at Caldor/KMart. That was before the Internet became an every day thing and supermarket delivery services like Peapod existed. I haven't seen a famous person in a supermarket since I saw Jerry O'Connell in King Kullen on Christmas Eve (morning) about 5 years ago and he was the first celeb I'd seen in about 5 years.

I bought my house in 1992 and the rich have gotten considerably richer. They have all kinds of people now who do stuff for them. You won't see SJP in Schmidt's Market. You'll see someone she pays to pick up stuff for her.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 8711/13/2012

Just the other day, I believe I saw Ann Romney buying the Marie Antoinette special at the Piggly Wiggly.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 8811/13/2012

Yes OP, believe it or not most all celebs do shop in the grocery stores themselves. And the ones who claim they have "staff" who do that are lying.

And I can also confirm that when celebrities shit it does not come out in plastic bags as many have claimed.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 8911/13/2012

I've worked for a few, and the size of their fame often has little to do with how accessible they are.

Sally Field was pleasant and yes, did her own errands when time permitted. Chita Rivera (I know theatre isn't real celebrity, but still) also was great to work for. I'm sure both would buy toilet paper when needed.

Nipsey Russell on the other hand . . . and this was years past his prime.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 9011/13/2012

LAst month I saw Warren Beatty at the Grove standing in line getting keys made

He was there with a little dog , sadly hes much shorther than I imagined balding and wrinkled like my scrotum.

I was crushed, to see how he aged.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 9111/13/2012

I spotted the Fonz (Henry Winkler) buying tampons at the Walgreens in Westwood in 1996.

Heyyyyy.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 9211/13/2012

Barbra was at the Lipton Tea Shop and was buying orange blossom tea to match the orange blossoms in her window box that matched her orange throw pillows that match the orange-haired doll in her basement Enchanted Village that matched her orange toenail polish that matched her orange misty watered colored candles in her peach-colored bathroom.

I saw her.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 9311/13/2012

[quote]My mother-in-law has seen Armand Assante at a local supermarket and at a Home Depot.

I don't think it counts if he works there.

I once ran over David Alan Grier's foot with a shopping cart at the Pavilions on Melrose in L.A.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 9411/13/2012

[quote]After he left I asked the clerk if she knew who he was, and in typical New York fashion she shot back, "Yea. Some fucking asshole!"

She was right.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 9511/13/2012

Mine was Lee Majors, and it was an encounter on the freeway: around the time of The Six Million Dollar Man television show, my cousin and I were on I10 going through L.A. when we noticed the limo driving in the lane next to us had a light on inside. Lee was reading a newspaper in the back seat. We may have been a little giddy at our "sighting" and probably stared too much, 'cause the light soon went out and the limo slowly moved away. Wasn't he a hot thing, though, esp. back in his "Big Valley" days?

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 9611/13/2012

R96 Did you ask him if he had any Grey Poupon?

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 9711/13/2012

R 97 made me laugh!

I saw Imelda Marcos during her trial in 1990 perusing the candy counter at Woolworth's.

I was in a hurry and didn't see what she bought but I quickly checked out her shoes, a black leather pump with a 2 inch stacked heel.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 9811/13/2012

Emma Thompson buying curtains in London

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 9911/13/2012

I work in a supermarket in the suburbs of NYC. I've seen a few recognizable, but not that famous actors. I've also seen a New York Yankee.

One of my coworkers claims to have seen Phylicia Rashad in the store.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 10011/13/2012

Saw Alison Krauss shopping at Costco, hanging all over her boyfriend.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 10111/13/2012

I saw Jackie Onassis and Caroline in the 70's at Serendipity or Rumplemayer's. Caroline was a fat shit and was shoving a huge ice cream cone in her face, this was before her mother got her to slim down.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 10211/13/2012

I always see pictures of Pam Anderson pushing a trolley out of grocery store without make-up, wearing uggs. She seems to constantly be at the grocery store.

by Our Lady of Double Couponsreply 10311/13/2012
Need more help? Click Here.