Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

OMG! J'adore this old London queen's blog!

here's a quote:-

'Joe Bailey-Cole and I spent seven years together. It was a long and eventful relationship glued together with white wine and opera.'

(You couldn't make this stuff up).

'He is fully committed to the world of leather now. The last time I saw him he was off to Berlin to take pictures of S&M queens.'

'We cooked up a plan for our dotage that included brogues, cashmere socks, velvet collared coats and ebony canes with silver handles promenading Sloane Street.'

by Anonymousreply 8004/23/2013

He is hardly current, OP.

Are you self promoting?

by Anonymousreply 108/07/2012

Here he is with Jake, his most recent amour.

'It would be churlish not to include Jake even though the end was so recent. Once I get the money back that he owes me and some time has passed I will remember what I loved rather than what I presently loathe.'

It's always about money in the end, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 208/07/2012

[quote]He is hardly current, OP.2011?Are you self promoting?

Lol! No.

That was archive.

Here's his most recent entry....(July 29th, '12)

This is a goldmine.

by Anonymousreply 308/07/2012

He's got a new bf who he took to Provincetown.

by Anonymousreply 408/07/2012

I love it. Thanks, OP.

by Anonymousreply 508/07/2012

How is there so much room in the arts for persistent mediocrity? So many bloggers seem to be photographers, short film makers (they call them installations to detract from how bad some of the films are)and 'visual artists'. But none seem poor.

His Picture of Dorian Gray is bound to be picked up by TLA Releasing at some point.

by Anonymousreply 608/07/2012

It's peculiar. He makes high budget films, with professional actors and posts them on youtube and hardly anyone watches them.

by Anonymousreply 708/07/2012

He gets older and the tricks (let's face it, that's what they are) get younger. This guy was on Dr Drew claiming to be a sex addict. He was also a big drug addict. He directed the latest, and terrible, adaptation of The Picture if Dorian Grey.

by Anonymousreply 808/07/2012

Also strange, he isn't in fact as queeny as his writing would suggest.

Here he is at those old Andy Warhol favorites, The Dupont twins, birthday party.

by Anonymousreply 908/07/2012

He's since left London, it seems and now lives in Malibu.

This is his house.

by Anonymousreply 1008/07/2012

He made a film with Elizabeth Hurley!

Watched a little of Dorian Gray. Has that irritating thing so many indie films do where someone walks almost directly into the camera before turning at the last minute, their back to it as the camera hovers a bit. Also, meh lighting.

by Anonymousreply 1108/07/2012

[quote]How is there so much room in the arts for persistent mediocrity?

It's the really good stuff there seems to be no room for.

by Anonymousreply 1208/07/2012

Fascinating. Thanks, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1308/07/2012

You've stumbled upon the entertaining and sometimes fabulist Duncan Roy.

I find a little of his writing goes a long way, and a lot goes way too far. His autobiographical 2002 film "AKA" is genuinely interesting and quite good -- an account of a working class boy from grim beginnings who came to impersonate a Lord, run up some bills in Paris, and land himself in jail.

From his Wiki entry:

[quote]Roy's 2002 film, AKA, is based on his personal experience beginning in 1979 when he headed for Paris leaving Roy behind reinventing himself as Lord Anthony Rendlesham.

[quote]"As Anthony Rendlesham, I didn't have to clutter my head with all the stories of my family, the terrible times. I could be clean, simple, grand. I was everything I wanted to be."

The film has its faults, but terrific in many ways: the story of a young gay man's self-invention. Bill Nighy and Diana Quick are among the actors, and it has a great soundtrack (by a London group Mute.) It's even filmed in two versions: one conventional, the other with three frames, just to cram a little more onto an already full plate.

More recently, he directed "Dorian Gray", set up in L.A., blogged for a while, dated Malibu's Madison Hildebrand (Million Dollar Listing L.A.) and swooned and swore over a chain of other men, landed in jail, again (you figure it out -- link below), and swore off blogging, or did he, I lost track from having looked in only now and again, but I'm not sure having been a faithful follower would have helped.

Hunt down "AKA" -- it's one of the best gay films no one (in the U.S. and U.K.) has ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 1408/07/2012

[quote]He made a film with Elizabeth Hurley!

I knew NONE of this when I posted the link to his blog, (which I came across searching for the name of the owner of a French Patisserie, in London, who seems to know).

by Anonymousreply 1508/07/2012

Thanks for your post R14, very interesting!

by Anonymousreply 1608/07/2012

Good God! The article R14 has linked to, is even more extraordinary than all the other stuff.

by Anonymousreply 1708/07/2012

Really? It's all hitting me as a bit 'meh'.

by Anonymousreply 1808/07/2012

[quote]The film has its faults, but terrific in many ways

The proof will be in the pudding!

[quote]Hunt down "AKA" -- it's one of the best gay films no one (in the U.S. and U.K.) has ever seen.

Hunt over, he posted the whole thing on his youtube page.

by Anonymousreply 1908/07/2012

by Anonymousreply 2008/07/2012

As a warning, "AKA" takes some patience. It starts slowly and roughly, feels very low budget in places, and some of the acting is uncomfortably stilted. Still, I like it and think it's both good and interesting.

by Anonymousreply 2108/07/2012

[quote]feels very low budget in places, and some of the acting is uncomfortably stilted.

Who expected anything else?

[quote]Still, I like it and think it's both good and interesting.

I'm going to watch it later, thanks for the recommendation.

by Anonymousreply 2208/07/2012

Has anyone read the article @ R14's link?

It's UNreal:

'Roy was about to enter the arms of the larger county justice system, which moves people through at conveyor-belt speed with little care for niceties: "The woman or man who frisks you will quite violently run his or her hand up the inside of your leg, and on two occasions really badly hurt my remaining testicle."

He lost the other one to cancer a few weeks earlier.

I wonder where the Provincetown bf was when all this was going on.

by Anonymousreply 2308/07/2012

He can be incredibly annoying and contrarian just for the sake of it.

He's also always the victim, even though he was jailed recently for several months on charges of extortion.

And just the other day, he as saying on FB how he feels like going to Chick-Fil-A because he's anti-marriage.

by Anonymousreply 2408/07/2012

He's not even that cute but gets all the hot boys.

by Anonymousreply 2508/07/2012

Honestly, where does an old geezer from "humble beginnings" who makes mediocre vanity films get the money to live on the beach in Malibu? And not only that, also sleeps with hot twinks, too?

He must have extorted A SHIT LOAD of money.

by Anonymousreply 2608/07/2012

Yes, the money part of the story is the least clear, after you follow all the leads.

& he does seem to attract nice looking boys...

by Anonymousreply 2708/07/2012

How DOES he attract nice-looking boys?????

by Anonymousreply 2808/07/2012

[quote]The proof will be in the pudding!

Strange. I tend to find the proof to be in the eating thereof.

by Anonymousreply 2908/07/2012

[quote]Growing up being true to who you are means growing up with violence. Growing up desiring men and flaunting my ‘perversion’ meant learning how to avoid hate in peoples’ eyes or an unsuspected blow. I became adept at the evil bon mot. Words. Watch them shrivel. Words: more violent than a good kicking.

---from his very first blog entry

by Anonymousreply 3008/07/2012

What's the matter with words today?

by Anonymousreply 3108/07/2012

There are so many professional narcissists operating as full time con-artists in California and they NEVER get hauled in to prison. I was the victim of a million dollar Hollywood swindle so I know how hard it is to get these guys in jail. How did Madison get the Sheriff to act and arrest this guy - SO FAST. Man, this makes no sense to me, somebody must have gotten someone on Million Dollar Listings, paid somebody off or slept with somebody. The justice system just doesn't work like this.

by Anonymousreply 3208/07/2012

He is well aware of this thread and has already posted about it on FB. he called me - who shall remain anonymous- out for saying he is against marriage. It's not so much that; it's just that he's such a goddamn contrarian about everything. He loves to act like he is so far above the rest of us silly little people who do have other interests and priorities. He's the person who is fun at first but as time goes by, you just want to tell him to shut up.

You reading this, Mr. Roy?

by Anonymousreply 3308/07/2012

The moral of this story is: don't mess with me, you cocksuckers! I am one bad-ass motherfucker and...oh ha ha ha. Even I can't believe the shit coming from my mouth!

by Anonymousreply 3408/07/2012

Why did he have the falling out with Jennie from Celebrity Rehab? Sounds like she may have dodged a bullet.

by Anonymousreply 3508/07/2012

He's the very essence of damaged. I always like to think that we'll one day weed the extreme narcissists out of society...

by Anonymousreply 3608/07/2012

Ten pounds of shit in a five pound bag. The only thing likeable about this douche is his ACCENT. The rest? Mediocrity personified. Narcissism run amok.

by Anonymousreply 3708/07/2012

Didn't this trash also appear on "The A-List"?

by Anonymousreply 3808/07/2012

[quote]He is well aware of this thread and has already posted about it on FB

Well, this is a first, someone responding to a thread about them on DL. First for me anyway.

[quote]Just popped into datalounge where there was a roaring thread about moi. Mainly people wondering how I have cute friends and where I get my money and why I am such a bad film maker. But apparently... one of you is pissed that I don't agree with marriage... now who could that be? Just to be clear... I don't agree with any sort of marriage. It's just an opinion... we can have those can't we?

Hon, why don't you post your response here on this thread?

That WOULD be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 3908/07/2012

The guy who played The Flash supposedly posted on the thread about him last month.

by Anonymousreply 4008/07/2012

I think he's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 4108/07/2012

Bea Arthur used to post here, too. She was driven away in tears by a troll who still, years later, posts in here.

by Anonymousreply 4208/07/2012

[quote]How did Madison get the Sheriff to act and arrest this guy

Apparently the real-estate agent isn't Madison, it's someone I don't remember.

by Anonymousreply 4308/07/2012

So, Duncan - give us your side of the story. Are your just a narcissist scamming con-artist or a poor, misunderstood lost soul? I would love to find out what happened to you, were you the victim? Did Madison set the cops on you? Who did it, do you have stalkers?

by Anonymousreply 4408/07/2012

It wasn't Madison!

by Anonymousreply 4508/07/2012

[quote]Didn't this trash also appear on "The A-List"?

Yeah, he "dated" Derek, who dumped him for giving him a used Cartier watch.

by Anonymousreply 4608/07/2012

[quote]Yeah, he "dated" Derek, who dumped him for giving him a used Cartier watch.

Correction: Derek may be described more properly as used, the watch as vintage.

by Anonymousreply 4708/07/2012

'According to Roy, his legal mess began last October when he received a call from a man claiming to be the geologist who surveyed his Malibu Hills property before he purchased it for $1.37 million in 2007. The caller, according to Roy, said that Roy had never been told about three landslides that had occurred on and near the property, among other issues. Roy testified at a Feb. 2 preliminary hearing in Los Angeles County Superior Court that the geologist told him: “Mr. Cortazzo was responsible for a fraud and that I had been basically conned into buying my house.”'

>>>'Roy had never been told about three landslides that had occurred on and near the property'

Who the fuck buys a property in Malibu and doesn't look into the issue of landslides...thoroughly? (and there had been THREE, apparently).

I've never even been to fucking Malibu (apart from looking at it from the car on the way through one day) and I'd ask that question if I was going to stay there for one fucking night.

Didn't he/you get a survey? (If that's what they're called in America).

by Anonymousreply 4808/07/2012

I know Duncan, i used to know him much better; he's quite possibly in the top ten worst people that I know. And if he reads this far down, i hope he sees i think he's the most gaseous self important narcissistic douchebag who ever conned immigration into letting him live in the US.

by Anonymousreply 4908/07/2012

It amazes me that so many people have so many strong opinions about a man who has obviously achieved so little.

I had never heard of him before today. I suggest that he must have moved many of you who claim to know him. Not a bad thing.

So, at your suggestion, I read his blog. It's very well written. Poetic and creepy in equal measure. I think he rather enjoys his notoriety.

Vanity projects? Wasn't he nominated for a British Academy Award? As for the recent stint in jail? It looks to me that he has a great case against ICE and the sheriff's department.

Reading on through his blog it strikes a complete stranger that he seems surrounded by people who stick around. Of course, I could have been conned?

Many of you seem to hate him for having no accountable income and having cute boys at his disposal.

My favorite post has to be the one where he takes down his ex boyfriend entitled: Fuck You Jake.

I have no interest in knowing a person like Mr. Roy (I wouldn't want to fall out with him) but it perplexes me that a man who has probably achieved more than most is so roundly vilified by the very people who claim to be his friends on Facebook.

If I were him I would be looking down my old nose laughing heartily.

by Anonymousreply 5008/07/2012

r50 You sound like him.

by Anonymousreply 5108/07/2012

That was just ridiculous, R50.

by Anonymousreply 5208/07/2012

R50 does sound like him.

by Anonymousreply 5308/07/2012

There's a radio interview he did on youtube at the time of his Dr Drew 'experiment' (see link).

He speaks extremely well. He's very intelligent and articulate and hits back every single ball and even has the answers all those idiotic cliched questions about gays and being gay that we all hear from the ignorant and often hateful, constantly.

He's obviously a very intelligent man with not a lot of common sense.

He's also, clearly, learning a lot of lessons the very hard way.

If nothing else, I'm sure what's happened to him will lead to something. A very good book or even a film. He should write the book first and then maybe let someone else make the movie.

He's one of life's characters. That's obvious even by the way this thread has turned out.

I merely started this thread because I read a few paragraphs from his blog and thought the reaction to it would be funny.

What's turned out has been very different from what I expected.

I wish him well and I'm sorry if my OP sounded snarky...but he is asking for comment by exposing himself to such a degree on the internet.

He wants a lot of answers and I think, this is his way of reaching out. Maybe he can learn his lessons without getting bashed so hard in future.

Listen to this clip and see what you think.

by Anonymousreply 5408/07/2012

People like him prey on the good nature of people like you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5508/07/2012

What R55 said. He's a textbook case of narcissism if I've ever seen one... Be smart, young gays, and avoid this type whenever possible!

by Anonymousreply 5608/07/2012

More please r42

by Anonymousreply 5708/07/2012

Duncan...get the fuck out of our country STAT!

by Anonymousreply 5808/07/2012

[quote]“I am going to have my moment in the sun,” says Roy.

by Anonymousreply 5908/08/2012

may he get his wish...literally

by Anonymousreply 6008/08/2012

I know someone who is narcissistic, handsome, charming, a pathological liar, rich by means of illegalities small and large (as they believe in writing their own rules in this world, and ignoring those that exist as trivia for little people), and who can bring any handsome straight boy to heel and to nakedness within a quarter hour. I don't know if this gentleman is remotely like that, but some things ring a bell.

by Anonymousreply 6108/08/2012

Having now read a slab of his blog, I think the reason for his success must lie in an immense personal charm and a love of people. He does seem a true English character. Perhaps with a touch of the Bianchis?

by Anonymousreply 6208/08/2012

OMG! I saw AKA. It was interesting.

by Anonymousreply 6308/08/2012

[quote]The vitriol spewed over me (as usual) in the Data Lounge is worth noting.

by Anonymousreply 6408/14/2012

Sounds like he ends it with a direct attack on whomever knew him and posted her in this thread. The whole quote that relates to DL:

"The vitriol spewed over me (as usual) in the Data Lounge is worth noting.

Writhing with xenophobic zeal these queens who hate me seem to hate me for all the things us gays are meant to aspire: beautiful men, money and uniqueness. Ill informed opinions about my house etc. can be ignored.

I feel sorry for the young gay guy who wanted to celebrate me then ended up apologizing for all the nastiness.

Those resentful old poofs who hate me? Well, you’ll have to try little bit harder. As you simper at home writing anonymous shit about me… I’m out and about having a great time.

Thank you very much.

Remember, after ten years a resentment has more to do with the person harbouring it than the intended recipient. Get over yourselves."

by Anonymousreply 6508/14/2012

"out and about having a great time" is the new "stuck in jail trading ciggies for protection"

by Anonymousreply 6608/14/2012

"the things us gays are meant to aspire: beautiful men, money and uniqueness."

This is why some people hate gay guys. They think the only gay guys are the rich ones hanging out with twinks with money to burn. Getting straight people to recognise that the mechanic at the gas station might be gay is quite a hurdle, and such visibility only helps in winning support for equality.

Duncan Roy is one to talk. I love how he presumes to know everyone's ages, and only the "young" one is his supporter. His films are shit. Stop trying to make him happen.

by Anonymousreply 6708/14/2012

Man, this guy is such a classic narcissist and sociopath. Dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 6808/14/2012

Still in the top ten worst people I know.

by Anonymousreply 6908/14/2012

He reminds me of a male Moll Flanders.

by Anonymousreply 7009/08/2012

Great. Another ugly queen and his rent boys.

by Anonymousreply 7109/08/2012

by Anonymousreply 7209/09/2012

I can see his pussy! From behind!

by Anonymousreply 7309/09/2012

by Anonymousreply 7409/28/2012

boys, u obviously didn't notice that mr roy sued the sheriff for millions for being illegally incarcerated. part of the evidence used in the suit was the shit people wrote about him in this. ha ha ha. you contributed to his multi million dollar pay out. now you don't have to guess where he got his money... you'll know. wow, old, ugly, sociopathic and rich. makes a grown gay cry? I'm sure he wants to thank you all for helping him. Thanks guys... now, what will he spend his money on?

by Anonymousreply 7612/18/2012

What a parasite.

by Anonymousreply 7712/18/2012

Always worth resurrecting this thread. I'd like to know how R76 figures that what was said about him here would contribute to a multi-million payout?

He's been especially nasty of late, s ying the gays will probably kill him and how glad he is that he doesn't identify as gay anymore. Everything he says is how awful gay men are and how awful and stupid Americans are.

by Anonymousreply 7804/23/2013

He gave me a used Cartier watch.

by Anonymousreply 7904/23/2013

What's he really like?

by Anonymousreply 8004/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!