Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

House Plant Recomendations Needed

I’ve just moved from a rather dark apartment into a very sunny house and I need help finding the right plants.

I'm looking for plants that will get the early morning light and 3-4 hours of direct sun. I'm looking for plants that will grow fast (I have a big area that needs plants). The plants will be on my porch for the rest of the summer where it will be getting the same sun as above, but longer amounts of it.

I’m also looking for plants that will be in a place that gets very strong afternoon and early evening sun for 5-6 hours

I'm pretty good with plants, but I’ve been living for the last 7 years with plants that don’t need much sunlight, so when it comes to high sunlight plants I'm rather lost.

TIA for any help you can give me

by Anonymousreply 2003/06/2013

Just love love my silk flower arrangements Michael got me

by Anonymousreply 108/06/2012

Which country do you live in? Are there seasons etc.

by Anonymousreply 208/06/2012

Snake plants make great indoor plants as long as they get enough sunlight, they also filter the air better than any other house plant so they would be a great for your new place.

by Anonymousreply 308/06/2012

I overwinter potato vines, coleus, caladium and geraniums in my sunny apartment.

by Anonymousreply 408/06/2012

Bambo = no dirt, just water

by Anonymousreply 508/06/2012

Get a Triffid. Maybe it'll tell you to stop writing TIA before it eats you.

by Anonymousreply 708/06/2012

Zones don't mean much re houseplants.

by Anonymousreply 808/06/2012

A great design tip is to place silk ivy plants on top of your kitchen cabinets. It warms up the kitchen and helps to soften all the hard lines.

by Anonymousreply 908/06/2012

Lol, r9!

by Anonymousreply 1008/06/2012

These like lots of sun and are beautiful and/or smell wonderful:

Gardenia jasminoides

Camellia japonica

Cestrum nocturnum ("night-blooming jasmine")

by Anonymousreply 1108/06/2012

Rabbits

by Anonymousreply 1208/06/2012

[quote]Gardenia jasminoides

mary!

[quote]Cestrum nocturnum ("night-blooming jasmine")

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 1308/06/2012

Op, how is humidity in your new place? Some plants will fare much better in a slightly humid environment? Personally, I like Hoyas because of their fragrant blooms, but they definitely need some humidity.

by Anonymousreply 1408/06/2012

I live in the high desert area of northern Nevada, about 40 miles outsode of Reno.

by Anonymousreply 1508/06/2012

Are there flowers on Mars?

by Anonymousreply 1608/06/2012

Fiddle leaf fig Sanserveria or snake plant Pothos either golden or marble queen Brazil Philodendron Arborcola both variegated and green versions Dracena mass cane or corn plant Bromeliads Orchids Neanthebella palms Spathephyllum or peace lilies Janet Craig Dracena Aloe vera Calathea

by Anonymousreply 1708/06/2012

R17 is new here

by Anonymousreply 1808/06/2012

Peace lilies need lots of sun?

by Anonymousreply 1908/07/2012

I received a pretty plant with a bloom on it about 3 years ago and it had a beautiful rich-pinkish layered bloom when I got it. I lost the plastic thingy that sticks in the soil when you get it hat tells you know the name of the plant (I know, stupid me), I think it started with an A. It looks like a bromeliad except it's in dirt, and it has thick-ish flat-ish (curved inward) succulent "leaves" that are olive green with white splashes across them. Tried to post pic but my cheap phone can't send it. Or else I don't know how. Any ideas I can google?

by Anonymousreply 2003/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.