Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The gay rape subplot in Emmerich's "Moon 44"

When I saw the film for the first time, I thought this was quite an unusual storyline for a film of this type (SF B movie). Knowing that Emmerich is gay makes it even more interesting. Is it an example of self-loathing homophobia, or sneaky homoerotic titillation?

by Anonymousreply 1012/03/2012

Rape is never 'titillating', whether gay or straight. It is sad and painful and life-destroying. Only a major sicko would find rape to be titillating.

by Anonymousreply 108/04/2012

Get a load of r1, the soi-disant Morality Gestapo Chief.

by Anonymousreply 208/04/2012

Whatever your thoughts on the right or wrong of it, r1, it's a fact that rape scenes were included for titilation purposes in old exploitation films all the time.

by Anonymousreply 308/17/2012

There are a lot of people that find that hot. We are everywhere. In your schools, at your job, in your neighborhood, even in your own home.

by Anonymousreply 408/17/2012

Gay rape is no more homophobic than straight rape is heterophobic. It happens.

by Anonymousreply 508/17/2012

That movie is totally homoerotic for me. Lots of sexy tough guys, Emmerich knows what turns me on. I could never get a decent copy of it downloaded though. I hope it's been released on bluray by now.

by Anonymousreply 608/17/2012

bump

by Anonymousreply 712/03/2012

[quote]Gay rape is no more homophobic than straight rape is heterophobic.

No. Straight rape is misogynistic.

by Anonymousreply 812/03/2012

Look at R8, presuming that straight rape automatically is male-on-female rape and not vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 912/03/2012

Right r9 Look at you ignoring the point.

Female on Male rape happens but it is rare and it doesn't carry the same systematic prejudice and oppression. It is also not seen in media that often.

Whereas Women aren't flooded with images of men in sexualized positions on an hourly basis everyday. Women who read comic books aren't likely to see their male super heros drawn in the most ridiculous over-sexualized manner while contorted into humanly impossible poses. They're not taught that Men are lesser beings for fuck purposes only on a daily basis.

Men are taught that gays are laughable, evil and like WOMEN. Hence the threat of rape as a power play applies to both.

by Anonymousreply 1012/03/2012
Need more help? Click Here.