Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Beyonce directing, starring in documentary about, wait, herself

Does this woman's ego have no boundaries? Big hint: you aren't that interesting bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7102/21/2013

In and Out of Bed with Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 108/03/2012

Wasnt she supposed to be doing a remake of The Bodyguard? - what a lack of imagination that shows, why not try something original. If they do re-make the Bodyguard now it will probably be with Channing Tatum flexing his buttcheeks again. It will be the battle of the butts ...

by Anonymousreply 208/03/2012

You go girl!

by Anonymousreply 308/03/2012

Okay, just the title of the thread made me laugh. Thanks, OP.

by Anonymousreply 408/03/2012

I wonder if her narration will be exhiliratingly diction-free like, well, all of her speaking parts have been?

by Anonymousreply 508/03/2012

What the hell kind of name is Beyoncé?

by Anonymousreply 608/05/2012

I shall pass on this one, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 708/05/2012

Fuck you people for making this stupid bitch famous. I hate literally EVERY one of her songs.

by Anonymousreply 808/05/2012

I am Beyoncé Giselle Knowles. The deal my parents made before I was born was that my dad would pick my middle name and my mom would pick my first name.

Through the years, I've grown to love it...Beyoncé.

by Anonymousreply 908/05/2012

I enjoy her way more than she deserves considering that I only really enjoy about two and a half of her solo tracks. She's lovely and a fun solo performer but I would never tolerate this shit from someone I didn't have a confusing crush on in ninth grade. Having said that I will absolutely see this mess and cross my fingers for a tragic shot of Gwyneth Paltrow making the Roc-A-Fella diamond in the front row.

by Anonymousreply 1008/05/2012

She peaked a few years ago; her time is passing. This move should accelerate her downfall.

by Anonymousreply 1108/05/2012

Watching now, geez there is not one memorable song in the whole damn thing. Her music is soulless.

by Anonymousreply 1202/17/2013

Hasn't it occurred to anyone that she hired someone to create the film and bought them off with a work-made-for-hire contract? That this was the result of a meeting with her branding consultants who gave her a list of buzzwords to use in the film? Her people presented it to HBO as a done deal, would only agree to an HBO review of the project if Bouncy's people were in the screening room with the network execs. HBO requested some minor changes, which were executed by Bouncy's people. It was a straight licensing deal; she kept total control.

by Anonymousreply 1302/17/2013

"My life is a journey." Fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 1402/17/2013

What is the deal with the Whoreoncé overload in the medial lately? She doesn't even have a new album out, yet she is EVERYWHERE: The Inaguration, the Super Bowl, HBO, on the cover of the new Vogue...why? She's not even interesting.

by Anonymousreply 1502/17/2013

Making up for Whitney overshadowing her.

by Anonymousreply 1602/17/2013

So I heard that there's no actual full shot of her pregnant in the documentary. Just full silhouette shots. Hmmm, fishy!

by Anonymousreply 1702/17/2013

I see nothing wrong with this.

by Anonymousreply 1802/17/2013

R15, it's been that way practically since she went solo. She NEVER goes away. She's ubiquitous whether she's got something to promote or not. She never allows the public to miss her for a second, or wonder what she's doing.

She's fucking exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 1902/18/2013

In a GQ interview for the February issue it was revealed Beyonce has a climate-controlled archive of her life. She has a videographer who records up to 16 hours a day of her life. I would love to see the footage from her pregnancy, if she tried to fool the videographer too that she actually was carrying a baby.

by Anonymousreply 2002/18/2013

I don't get the point of the film except to glorify an out of control ego. She grew up in a gorgeous home with a loving and supportive family. She chose more fame and fortune over her life long best friends and dropped Destiny's Child. She chose more money and fame over her father and dropped him too. Wish she would have addressed the magical mystery tummy in Australia. All she said was the rumor was the most ridiculous one she ever heard.

by Anonymousreply 2102/18/2013

I think I just sprained my eyeballs.

by Anonymousreply 2202/18/2013

TBH her father was ripping her off.

by Anonymousreply 2302/18/2013

I thought Oprah referring to Beyonce as an autocrat and a goddess, a non-human was appallingly deceptive and frightening. I'm not a Christian but one of the ten commandments is don't worship false idols, certainly not in the personification of living people on earth. It is such a perverse and primitive impulse and yet Oprah in her lazy minded sycophantic self-indulgence has had enough validation in her life to believe that kind of thing. It has gone too far now.

by Anonymousreply 2402/18/2013

It's transparently obvious R13, even the programming director at HBO (or president, can't remember which) basically admitted they initially rejected it and it took six weeks of negotiation before they could agree on HBO purchasing the doc.

by Anonymousreply 2502/18/2013

The more I see of this Beyonce monster, the more I miss Aaliyah--she was the real-deal future of R&B.

by Anonymousreply 2602/18/2013

Beyonce is soooooo brave. Few documentarians would have the courage to portray themselves as a one-dimensional, self-obsessed cunt with the mental facualties of a 3rd grader.

by Anonymousreply 2702/18/2013

The Oprah interview was unwatchable; even Beyonce looked embarrassed at her gushing. I get it - Oprah is proud of Beyonce because she is a successful black woman that crossed boudaries, but the blatant, over the top gushing was unbearable. I was waiting for Oprah to ask to sniff one of her farts to see if smells like rose petals.

by Anonymousreply 2802/18/2013

For someone who has been around as long as Beyoncé, she honestly does not have any good songs. You have to remember that the Destiny's Child songs that were popular were popular because they were novelty songs, almost joke songs..."Bills," "Ladies leave your man at home." Her solo material is very mediocre. Rihanna has been around half as long and has had tons of interesting, weird, exciting, innovative pop and r&b songs.

by Anonymousreply 2902/18/2013

I used to excuse Beyonce's evident stupidity and vapidness because I felt that she was just a kid who had led a very sheltered life, and I assumed that as she spent more time in the public eye, she'd pick up some smarts. Plus, she always came across as a sweet, polite girl.

But now I've had it with her. The complete lack of an intelligent or insightful personality makes her an incredibly dull performer in my book. Besides I can't find anything original in her style. Everything she does, her predecessors (and idols) like Tina Turner, Diana Ross, Whitney Houston and Janet Jackson did better.

Beyonce is like the Forrest Gump of singers. She's managed to go a long way in spite of her limited mental faculties.

by Anonymousreply 3002/18/2013

LOVED her at the Super Bowl!!!

by Anonymousreply 3102/18/2013

The funniest thing about the documentary was that she unwittingly confirmed that she steals. Her creative director Frank Gatson flies some African dancers over to America just to teach Beyonce some dance number because Bey was having trouble trying to duplicate their choreography that she saw on Youtube. It's just like how Single Ladies dance is a complete rip-off of Bob Fosse's Mexican Breakfast routine. Bey also jacked that from Youtube. Bey is a notorious idea & songwriting credit thief. The ASCAP should rescind her Songwriting Award. Beyonce can hardly speak let alone write.

by Anonymousreply 3202/19/2013

Excuse me, R32. She created the word "bootilicious." I think that makes her a writer.

by Anonymousreply 3302/19/2013

"Her creative director Frank Gatson flies some African dancers over to America just to teach Beyonce some dance number because Bey was having trouble trying to duplicate their choreography that she saw on Youtube."

That's how dumb she is. There are plenty of skilled teachers and performers of African dance right here in NYC. She could have booked some sessions with one or more them for "coaching."

by Anonymousreply 3402/19/2013

I love the last shot of the film, handing back her child to the Nanny. Says it all.

by Anonymousreply 3502/19/2013

[quote]The funniest thing about the documentary was that she unwittingly confirmed that she steals. Her creative director Frank Gatson flies some African dancers over to America just to teach Beyonce some dance number because Bey was having trouble trying to duplicate their choreography that she saw on Youtube. It's just like how Single Ladies dance is a complete rip-off of Bob Fosse's Mexican Breakfast routine. Bey also jacked that from Youtube. Bey is a notorious idea & songwriting credit thief. The ASCAP should rescind her Songwriting Award. Beyonce can hardly speak let alone write.

And yet she kept on referring herself as an ARTIST, again and again and yet she creates nothing. She doesn't write her own material, her songs her mechanical and she brings no emotion or lyrical phrasing to them, she doesn't design or choreograph her performances or stage shows and she has an enormous team of handlers who essentially create the Beyonce brand for her. All she does is show up and memorize what other people have laid out for her.

After seeing the clips from her concerts and comparing it to her Superbowl show - it's all the same. Weak songs and a bunch of jerky booty shaking and weave twirling. If you've seen it once, you've seen it all.

by Anonymousreply 3602/19/2013

Someone please get her a one way ticket to Antartica.

by Anonymousreply 3702/19/2013

I think Beyonce has such a beautiful face. What the hell she sees in that fat fugly man she married is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 3802/19/2013

r38 - if she wasn't married to Jay-Z, she'd be Beyoncé Knowles from Destiny's Child, not Beyoncé. I don't think the public can suspend their disbelief about her being the greatest there ever was for much longer.

by Anonymousreply 3902/19/2013

R15, this burst of publicity is meant to bolster up both her "Mrs. Carter" tour, which starts in a couple months, and the new 2013 album she started recording last summer. I'm sure the HBO documentary will be trotted out on home video as well.

by Anonymousreply 4002/19/2013

Is she the kind of "director" I am?

by Anonymousreply 4102/19/2013

R38, Jay was one of those old cats who put that dick in her and she hasn't been right ever since. Unlike Bey, Jay actually has a brain though. He refused to sign to a record company. He saw how the A-list rappers at the time like Biggie, Kane, Tupac, NWA, MC Hammer were all getting raped in the ass out of money from seedy contracts, and he wanted to find his own way and blaze his own path starting his own label Roc-a-Fella with his best friend Dame Dash. After Crazy in Love became a multi-format hit, it introduced him to Middle America and Jay ditched Dame and Roc-a-Fella altogether because he no longer needed his old pals since he achieved his goal of crossing over. It's because of Beyonce that Jay has been able to be on Oprah and become a household name. It's sad how much he has sold out all for the love of money. Beyonce is such a hack. Spewing out all of this Independent Women rhetoric when she has always played sycophant to both her Daddy and now to Husband.

by Anonymousreply 4202/19/2013

Does anybody believe that Jay-Z is actually faithful to Beyonce?

by Anonymousreply 4302/19/2013

Jay at least is more tolerable. Even though his music is such product placement infested garbage now, he at least has more depth and a point of view. He also is very quick-witted and eloquent unlike Beydunce. Jay has no loyalty though. I bet if Kanye really fucks up and gets white America mad for real next time, Jay will suddenly be ghost and distance himself from Ye too. Jay just is really lucky. He has had so many close calls in his life. He was pulled over by the cops for having 5 kilos of cocaine in his car but luckily the cop didnt have a dog available to sniff the vehicle so he was let go. That's what the bitch stands for in "99 problems but a bitch aint one.' People think that he was referring to a female but he wasnt. Biggie and Pac dying, Kanye blowing up, & Beyonce marrying him were the best things to ever happen to his career.

by Anonymousreply 4402/19/2013

R43, Ha!

by Anonymousreply 4502/19/2013

Is there nothing that can be done with her thighs? Is she doomed to a life with those tree trunks?

by Anonymousreply 4602/19/2013

Beyonce recently named Madonna as one of her idols and said and I quote "More women in the music business should be more like Madonna

They asked her about her documentary and comparisons to Madonna's Truth or Dare and she replied they're similar but different, because we're different

by Anonymousreply 4702/19/2013

LOL, R47...Bey isn't a really deep thinker...

by Anonymousreply 4802/19/2013

R47, Oh dear at those quotes. Beyonce is like the Forrest Gump of music. She surely is something special alright.

She has the most cringe-worthy quotes: “Acting is easier and smoother than singing — it’s less drama.”

"I don't know why I'm so fortunate and so blessed,"

“Y’all are so cute and y’all talk so proper over here. I love England.”

Bless her heart. A language arts course would do her well. It's obvious her parents didn't make it a priority to educate her.

by Anonymousreply 4902/19/2013

She is the least interesting celebrity, ever. Everything about her seems manufactured, calculated and mercenary.

by Anonymousreply 5002/19/2013

I hate Beyoncé! That bitch took MY spot!

by Anonymousreply 5102/19/2013

Here's Beyonce back in the day gushing about Britney Spears' many accomplishments. She wouldn't dare say this about anybody but herself now.

by Anonymousreply 5202/19/2013

Gurl, I was disappointed by this documentary. I would've watched her get her weave sewn in than watch her talk about the meaning of life or some shit. Her body jewery was cute though. I wonder where she got that at, I would work that honey!

by Anonymousreply 5302/19/2013

The best part of the documentary was when that queen Frank Gatson was having a meltdown and hissing at the dancers. He stole the show. I also loved the last 5 minutes of the documentary when she was speaking about her daughter, and how the women in her family all pray for each other. That part really moved me for some reason. Blue is a cutie.

by Anonymousreply 5402/19/2013

One of the funniest things I've ever seen was when Beyonce went on Tyra's talk show. Talk about a meeting of the minds. TyTy was kissing her ass so hard and talking about how much they had in common and how they should hang out and Beyonce was all "Yeah, that's not gonna happen".

There have been some recent blinds about Jay cheating on her and one with him cheating with her BFF, Gwynnie. I would die laughing if Gwyneth got caught with Jay.

by Anonymousreply 5502/20/2013

I don't want to evoke crazy/deranged troll but I've always wondered if Beyonce is Latina or part Latina? If it's a stupid question I'm sorry.

by Anonymousreply 5602/20/2013

Louisiana creole, R56. The ancestry is similar to Latinos ( particularly Caribbean Latinos). For the most part we are French, Spanish, Indigenous American, West African, with some Irish, Scottish sprinkled in. There are some Louisiana creoles who speak Spanish and identify more with their Spanish ancestry than French ( or they may claim to not have any French ancestry)who call themselves Latino, but I don't think Beyonce is one of them.

Back to the topic of the thread. I actually thought the documentary was well done and pretty interesting. I'm not sure what I expected, though. She's more insightful than I thought she would be. But she still didn't give much away about her life.

by Anonymousreply 5702/20/2013

Interesting that of his 3 kids, Mr. Knowles fostered the showbiz dreams of the child with the lightest skin, no?

by Anonymousreply 5802/20/2013

I'm not sure; I've only seen her sister Solange. But it wouldn't surprise me given our societies beauty standards ( although they are changing, slowly, but they are changing).

by Anonymousreply 5902/20/2013

Was Jay Laying the Woody to an Underage Fox Boogie?

Remember Foxy Brown? Well she’s made some shocking allegations about Jay Z that will blow your mind! Now, many music insiders are calling the 90′s female rapper crazy…but we’re leaving it to you to decide.

Buss this…

Foxy Brown, whose real name is Inga Marchand, has revealed that her ticket to rap success came at a price — and that it all happened while she was underage. She says the man who put her on to the rap game, Jay Z (then 27-years-old), took her virginity when she was just 15-years-old — adding Hova (who she says has a ‘horse dick’) funded her shopping trips and pampering at hair and nail salons while she was still in high school…all to get into her panties!

But that’s not all!!! Foxy claims Jay Z is an undercover tranny chaser. She says she learned that after a tranny began calling and harassing her, not long after Jay Z gave her gonorrhea. WTF?!?! Foxy says one of her sex sessions with Jay Z was all caught on tape. That’s when Foxy says she and Jay weren’t alone. Their company was the real “Wanda” from In Living Color…Mr. Jamie Foxx. According to Foxy, Jay Z signed her to “multiple gag orders for where she, Jamie and Jay engaged in a threesome” and that not long after the incident the tape was ironically robbed from her home. Foxy insists Jay Z had everything to do with that robbery.

Wait…there’s more!!!

Besides alleging that Jay Z chases tranny’s, Foxy says there was one constant man in Hova’s life. According to Foxy, Jay Z and Larry Johnson were ‘fuck buddies.’ This doesn’t seem so far fetched given the fact that Jay once shared an apartment with the NBA baller who once repped Rocawear.

During her no holds barred account of her experience with Jay Z, Foxy was reported to clearly display a strong disliking for Jay’s wife, Beyonce.

Here’s what Foxy had to say about Mrs. Hova:

“Now he is with Beyonce…Fuck that halitosis-infected heffa.”

If true, this is beyond sad. Know why? Because we’re talking about a victim here…not just a victim of an STD, but a then teen who fell victim to statutory rape. If you recall Jay Z blacklisted R Kelly after the singer was accused of child molestation. If Foxy’s allegations are true, how is Hova any different?

What are your thoughts about this?

by Anonymousreply 6002/20/2013

Could be true. But Foxy is unbalanced and has been known to troll the comment sections of gossip sites I frequent. It wouldn't surprise me if she popped up her because of this story. I never know what to believe when it comes to Foxy, she's desperate to get her career going again. But I suppose desperate, crazy people can tell the truth sometimes.

Can she hear now?

by Anonymousreply 6102/20/2013

R60, That tea ironically aligns with the tea Nas spilled on his infamous diss song Ether. He also made mention of how Jay was sweating an underage Foxxy Brown. Nas really bust open the teapot on that one. Jay-Z had to flee the country and head to France. He was so humiliated. "Foxy got you hot 'cause you kept your face in her puss. What you think, you getting girls now because of your looks? Ne-gro please, You no mustache having, with whiskers like a rat You a fan, a phony, a fake, a pussy, a Stan I still whip your ass, you thirty-six in a karate class. You Tae-bo hoe, tryna work it out, you tryna get brolic? Ask me if I'm tryna kick knowledge. Nah, I'm tryna kick the shit you need to learn though. That ether, that shit that make your soul burn slow Is he Dame Diddy, Dame Daddy or Dame Dummy? Oh, I get it, you Biggie and he's Puffy."

by Anonymousreply 6202/20/2013

I think the best quote I ever read about Beyonce was "She talks of Jesus, but has dollar signs in her eyes." I don't know who said it, but they were spot on.

by Anonymousreply 6302/20/2013

Nas also outed Jay's real age on that song. LOL at the fact that he was 36 in 2001 yet he claims he is 43 right now. It was the talk of Hot 97 and urban radio for a very long time. Jay-Z never fixed his mouth to say anything bad about Nas ever again after that. When Jay was arrested for that assault charge in '99, his DOB said Dec 4, 1965. I can't find that mugshot anywhere now. It's completely wiped off the web. Now he claims to have been born Dec 4, 1969.

by Anonymousreply 6402/20/2013

[quote]They asked her about her documentary and comparisons to Madonna's Truth or Dare and she replied they're similar but different, because we're different

The only difference between Beyoncé's "Life Is but a Dream" and Madonna's "Truth Or Dare" is that Madonna's film was funny, sexy, exciting, showed great songs and concert footage, and featured other people in her life, such as her dancers at the Pride Parade. Beyonce's featured Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 6502/20/2013

Is there any truth to the rumour that it was her sister Solange, who carried Blue Ivy?

by Anonymousreply 6602/20/2013

Damn! There's finally some good gossip here on Datalounge. Can someone tell the people on the black DL'ers thread? I'd love to hear their take on some of this.

FWIW, I believe that JayZ is 50 or more years old.

by Anonymousreply 6702/21/2013

R66, It's rumored that Angela Beyince, Beyonce's cousin/personal assistant actually was the surrogate. She was mysteriously AWOL for most of 2011/2012.

by Anonymousreply 6802/21/2013

[quote]It's rumored that Angela Beyince, Beyonce's cousin/personal assistant actually was the surrogate. She was mysteriously AWOL for most of 2011/2012.

She was mysteriously AWOL for most of 2011/2012? Wait, she was missed by whom? Are you saying you keep track or even pay attention to Beyonce's assistant? That's kinda creepy.

by Anonymousreply 6902/21/2013

R69, No, I dont keep track of her. Angela used to always make appearances with Beyonce at award shows and public events. She was her PA after all. Beyonce always used to travel with Angela and her mother Tina. However, for most of 2011, she was not seen with Beyonce at public events anymore and some have speculated it's either because Angie was fired along with Matthew in 2011 for stealing money or perhaps she was the surrogate all along. I got this tea from LipStick Alley. The bitches there seem obsessed with Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 7002/21/2013

The HBO promos for it are cringe-inducing.

by Anonymousreply 7102/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!