Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Kate Beckinsale ***ANNOYED*** at questions about playing Maggie Smith's parts. 'Is she not 87?'

"A reporter asked me if I fantasize about playing Maggie Smith’s parts? That was quite a stunning one. Is she not 87? I came back to my room and said, ‘I wonder if Colin Farrell was asked does he fantasize about playing Mickey Rooney’s parts?’ Does that happen? Probably not".

by Anonymousreply 6805/05/2015

Hah, that's funny. She does have that Brit humor that is so enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 108/01/2012

Are they STILL trying to make her happen?

by Anonymousreply 208/01/2012

Well, to be fair, it would be more like asking if Colin fantasized about playing WITH Mickey Rooney's parts...

by Anonymousreply 308/01/2012

This poor, crappy looking movie is filled with never-weres -- Colin Farrel, Jessica Biel and Kate. Studio is crazy for dropping $200m on this.

by Anonymousreply 408/01/2012

She's going to be 78.

Either the writer or Beckinsale has dyslexia.

by Anonymousreply 508/01/2012

Would it be too much for her to be gracious?

She should BE so lucky to be considered as good as Maggie Smith.

by Anonymousreply 608/01/2012

Questions like these are intended to throw off the celeb off his PR savy game. Popbitch made a whole series about such a throwing off the game question with 'baboon vs. badger (who do you think would win the fight?)'.

by Anonymousreply 708/01/2012

I will always love the Schwarzenegger version. "Give the people air!' and that hooker with three tits.

by Anonymousreply 808/01/2012

So is she playing the Sharon Stone part? This is the movie where I first noticed the great beauty of Sharon Stone. Looking forward to it. I love Colin too. Should be a good reboot.

by Anonymousreply 908/01/2012

I read that as the younger Maggie Smith, who could act. Beckinsale can't.

On another note, someone here posted awful plastic surgery URL, and I found KB has the ugliest breasts in hollywood. *snicker* She's had A LOT of plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 1008/01/2012

Kate honey - Dame Maggie had crapped better performances at age 39 than you have yet to show...

by Anonymousreply 1108/01/2012

Mickey Rooney is American. Her logic escapes me.

by Anonymousreply 1208/01/2012

She was just going for older than dirt, R12.

She views Maggie as older than dirt.

by Anonymousreply 1308/01/2012

She's a good little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1408/01/2012

Of course R13. She wouldn't say any thing with depth. My bad

by Anonymousreply 1508/01/2012

She is 39 and has been trying to "happen" since that Pearl Harbor bomb she starred on with Josh Harnett.

by Anonymousreply 1608/01/2012

[quote]I came back to my room and said, ‘I wonder if Colin Farrell was asked does he fantasize about playing Mickey Rooney’s parts?’ Does that happen? Probably not".

That's because Colin Farrell is an actual star.

by Anonymousreply 1708/01/2012

I'm sure she called the doctor in horror right after that interview and ordered even more plastic surgery. Brilliant way to fuck with her mind.

by Anonymousreply 1808/01/2012

Kate Beckinsale is an insufferable bitch, every time she's interviewed on TV she comes across as snobby little princess.

IIRC, she went to Oxford, or Cambridge, and never wastes an opportunity to mention it.

She's not as beautiful as all these TV hosts keep telling her she is, her hair is as fake as her teeth and her tits. She also has a horse face.

by Anonymousreply 1908/01/2012

Twat. (Pronounced the British way, to rhyme with hat.)

by Anonymousreply 2008/01/2012

Replaced by Emily Blunt.

by Anonymousreply 2108/01/2012

On The Last Days of Disco DVD commentary, Whit Stillman says that Kate Beckinsale is the most beautiful woman ever captured on film. So blame him if she has a big ego! I have only seen her in Last Days of Disco and Laurel Canyon. She seems to be mostly in explosion movies that I don't go to. I think it was a stupid question, but her response, perhaps unintentionally, does come across as a bit insulting to Maggie Smith, who, yes, is a better actress.

by Anonymousreply 2208/01/2012

I like Kate.

I think she's constantly miscast which is annoying but whatever...she's very funny during her interviews, certainly with Letterman.

And Colin Farrell is NOT a star. They both have identical careers: a few hits with flops after flops after flops.

by Anonymousreply 2308/01/2012

Obnoxious, but namechecking Mickey Rooney is pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 2408/01/2012

[quote]That's because Colin Farrell is an actual star.

No, he's not.

He's never opened a film or had a moderately successful franchise(like Beckinsale). In fact the last successful big movie he was in was 2002's Minority Report! And of course that was all Cruise and Spielberg. For whatever reason, Hollywood refuses to stop trying to make him happen though.

by Anonymousreply 2508/01/2012

R23, I mostly like seeing Colin Farrell in flip-flops.

by Anonymousreply 2608/01/2012

She's one of the reasons LAUREL CANYON was so much less than it could/should have been.

Christian Bale is another.

Hell, except for Fran McDormand, that movie is a testament to miscasting.

by Anonymousreply 2708/01/2012

Colin Farrell was good in the two movies of his that I watched: In Bruges and Cassandra's Dream. I did not go to his other movies because they were explosion movies or Alexander.

by Anonymousreply 2808/01/2012

[quote]I think it was a stupid question, but her response, perhaps unintentionally, does come across as a bit insulting to Maggie Smith, who, yes, is a better actress.

She's like Mitt Romney in that she doesn't have the grace to say it's a wonderful compliment to be compared to a great actress like Maggie Smith.

Even if she doesn't believe it, it would serve her better to be nice about it, instead of a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2908/01/2012

It's true, she and Bale are the weakest ones in Laurel Canyon, but they are kind of playing the boring straight people so it is appropriate.

The only Christian Bale movies I have seen are American Psycho, Laurel Canyon, and Empire of the Sun. Did not go to his other movies because they involved comic books and shooting and explosions.

by Anonymousreply 3008/01/2012

r11 nails it.

by Anonymousreply 3108/01/2012

Well, she's right that it's not a great comparison. But just imagine how pissed off she'd have been if someone had asked if she dreamed of playing Kate Winslet's parts?

by Anonymousreply 3208/01/2012

What if someone had asked if she dreamed of playing with Kate Winslet's private parts?

by Anonymousreply 3308/01/2012

OK, where is the poster who was here a few years ago, claiming to have first-hand knowledge that Beckinsale ruined her shot at the A-list by being an insufferable, back-stabbing bitch?

It was awhile ago, but I seem to remember that the supposed insider claimed that Beckinsale tries to undermine female co-stars she views as being more attractive than her, and has availed herself of the casting couch a time or two.

The bitchiness revealed in this quote leads me to believe the first part, at least.

by Anonymousreply 3408/01/2012

Wow, R10! I've never seen stretch marks all over the front and tops of a woman's breasts like that before. Far from wearing a low cut dress, she needs to wear turtlenecks for the rest of her life.

by Anonymousreply 3508/01/2012

What a bitch! She should be happy to be in the same sentence as Maggie Smith.

by Anonymousreply 3608/01/2012

Obviously nobody read the article and the full quote. She basically said that a lot reporters kept asking questions about her age, how she keeps getting roles in action films (Underworld and all) and she mentioned that anecdote. She's not throwing shade at Maggie Smith she's just pointing out the fact that women don't get certain roles because of age, which is true.

"I must say, I do find that that’s an obsession that seems to be quite rampant in the press, and it doesn’t come up in my actual life so much. And then I get quite shocked when I come to press junkets and people are obsessed with it. It’s almost like, ‘How are you still going around with that wooden leg and the colostomy bag and the false teeth? How’s it going?’ It just seems so completely mad to me."

by Anonymousreply 3708/01/2012

It's ironic that she says she's leery of saying anything to the press because it'll be taken out of context and she'll look bad and this is exactly what happened with the Maggie Smith quote.

by Anonymousreply 3808/01/2012

Farrell isn't a star, but he's an excellent actor. My favorite is Ondine, followed by Triage and In Bruges. He acts circles around Pacino in The Recruit.

London Boulevard would have been great except for "she who can't act for shit" Keira Knightley. It was a great script and all actors excelled. Except for the dead center.

Again, how does that emaciated bitch get roles?????? On a positive note, I hope Tolstoy comes back from the grave to throw her in front of a train.

by Anonymousreply 3908/01/2012

Um, to state the obvious....

It just might have been the case that he was asking her if she's fantasized about playing parts Smith played not now but decades ago?

by Anonymousreply 4008/01/2012

Kate Beckinsale raped my ass. I feel shocked, offended and hurt even now.

by Anonymousreply 4111/15/2012

I still can't get over the fact that she was cast as Ava Gardner in The Aviator.

by Anonymousreply 4211/15/2012

She is unrecognizable from when she was in Cold Comfort Farm.

by Anonymousreply 4311/15/2012

I've also heard the rumor that she hates other women.

by Anonymousreply 4411/15/2012

[quote]She's going to be 78.

That's it? Maggie must be declining fast 'cause I too thought for sure she was already in her mid-eighties at least.

by Anonymousreply 4511/15/2012

Thyroid issues.

by Anonymousreply 4611/15/2012

Bad actress, bad mother, bad neighbor, bad person.

She's not fit to lick Dame Maggie's armpit.

by Anonymousreply 4711/15/2012

She doesn't seem to be aware that Maggie Smith wasn't always a fabulous older character actress, that she's had a long and enviable career.

So let's add ignorance to our list of her flaws.

by Anonymousreply 4811/15/2012

Her american accent is terrific

by Anonymousreply 4911/15/2012

Love that bitch!

by Anonymousreply 5011/15/2012

She is a competitive bisexual cunt. A good actress...a less gentle human being.

by Anonymousreply 5111/16/2012

So she complains about people always bringing up and exaggerating her age, only to reduce Maggie Smith to her age and exaggerate it by ten years in the same breath. She seems smart and lovely.

by Anonymousreply 5211/16/2012

No she didn't fuck my ass, but this woman seems and behaves like a plastic bitch the later years. I'm talking about Kate Beckinsale, you guessed right.

She also have 'closet issues'. She seems to repress her lesbian memories by making fun of the vagina.

Kate Beckinsale: "I'd Rather Eat Vagina Than Sushi"

Ridiculous plastic bitch!

by Anonymousreply 5302/02/2013

[quote]Mickey Rooney is American. Her logic escapes me.

Mickey Rooney also has no current career.

Maggie Smith is now, and always has been, a bigger star than Kate Beckinsale will ever be.

by Anonymousreply 5402/02/2013

Beckinsale is not worthy to kiss Maggie Smith's hands.

She is a wealthy bimbo now and she seems to enjoy it this way.

by Anonymousreply 5502/02/2013

[quote]Is she not 87?

I am indeed 78 years old.

It sounds from her comments as if Miss Beckinsale believes there are only two possible ages for actresses: the age of an ingenue, and 87. Perhaps someone might inform her she is not now, nor will she ever be again, an ingenue, despite all the good all the plastic surgery in the world might do her. In which case, she might as well start learning to act so that she might prepare for 87.

by Anonymousreply 5602/02/2013

Beckinsale always had a chip on her shoulder. Even now that she is plastic she has this terrible chip on her shoulder and she can't even hide it with her lame humour.

I doubt that she can appreciate people like Maggie Smith. She is too superficial, she strives to seem cool and sexy, she can't be bothered with real art now.

Fukin' bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 5702/02/2013

This thread will be unwieldy without getting a clear impression of what OP means by mesmerized.

OP, if you mean movies that I found almost hypnotic, as if I was in a parallel universe with it's own rules and rhythms, there are very few. Lynch and Kubrick have that effect because what I am seeing is so very different from what I experience in life.

Someone mentioned Amour. I love that movie and was completely involved in every beat of it, fascinated by what was happening, by the beauty of Trintignant's and Riva's work, and couldn't take my eyes off the screen, but it didn't make me feel as if I were in an altered state, unless we are talking about the state of satisfaction one derives from seeing greatness.

by Anonymousreply 5806/05/2013

Fuckin' bitch, get real. Look at her fake smile! It creeps the hell out of me.

Michael Sheen, Kate Beckinsale, and Len Wiseman attend The Weinstein Company & Netflix's 2014 Golden Globes After Party presented by Bombardier, FIJI Water, Lexus, Laura Mercier, Marie Claire and Yucaipa Films at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 12, 2014 in Beverly Hills, California.

by Anonymousreply 5903/15/2014

It has long been assumed that Kate Beckinsale left her long-term partner Michael Sheen for the director Len Wiseman after meeting on the set of Underworld in 2002. However, in an Entertainment Weekly interview to promote the latest film in the franchise, Underworld: Awakening, Beckinsale has claimed the rumors are untrue.

“The popular notion of how Michael and I broke up — that we were on [the first Underworld] and I ran off with the director — is just not true. If that were the case, I think it would be very difficult and peculiar to have an okay situation."

Ex-wife gives her version of events

Wiseman’s ex-wife, a kindergarden teacher named Dana, had previously claimed that her husband was unfaithful.

"They are saying their relationship started in January 2003 after we separated - but that is simply not true. Some girls know how to treat other woman and some don't."

Dana believes the affair began while they were filming Underworld in Budapest.

"That's where it all happened. Kate was never nice to me - not from day one. I was in Budapest for three months and Kate didn't have a good word to say to me."

After Dana suspected her husband's affair with Beckinsale, she fled back to America alone.

In another article i found out that Kate was also a bitch to Rachel McAdams:

Even though Kate has been married to director Len Wiseman, 38, since 2004, she’s got her claws out when it comes to Michael’s new love, Rachel McAdams, 32.

“Rachel and Kate make a point to avoid each other, and it seems like it’s Kate who’s the resistant one,” says an insider, though her rep denies it.

Just recently, Michael brought Lily to Kate’s hotel to spend the night, and Rachel was left steaming outside of the hotel!

“She couldn’t even go upstairs or inside with him,” reveals the source. And on July 17, he left Rachel home so he could bring Lily – and Kate – to the Canadian premiere of Harry Potter.

by Anonymousreply 6003/15/2014

Is Kate really a bitch, or just misunderstood?

by Anonymousreply 6105/05/2015

Funny others have mentioned it as well...I always thought Kate pinged closet lesbo too.

And PLEASE...she'd be blessed beyond belief to ever be offered any role that Maggie Smith played in her youth.

Can you picture Kunty Kate outdoing Maggie as Jean Brodie?

Not in this or any other dimension...

by Anonymousreply 6205/05/2015

I bet Beckinsale liked girls when she was a teen. When she grew up, she decided to look like them and to be 'totally' straight. She is secretly, or not very secretly competitive, because she is scared she could relapse...

by Anonymousreply 6305/05/2015

Cold Comfort Farm was AGES ago; yes, there's Underworld, for those who like that sort of thing--but what else has KB done in her long years in Hollywood?

She's a better-looking Minnie Driver--and her turn as Ava Gardner (WTF?!) should have got her deported.

by Anonymousreply 6405/05/2015

R64: How about her awful turn in that abortion, PEARL HARBOR??!!

by Anonymousreply 6505/05/2015

Jesus, I'd forgotten about that, r65.

She's like a modern-day Jennifer Jones, albeit with a chin.

by Anonymousreply 6605/05/2015

During the filming of Total Recall, she was always too lovey-dovey with her hubby, in front of Jessica Biel. She is always very possessive i guess. She must have her reasons, don't you think?

by Anonymousreply 6705/05/2015

[quote]'Is she not 87?' 'And am I not a twat?'

HATE when they edit content for American readers.

by Anonymousreply 6805/05/2015
Need more help? Click Here.