Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

GMA's Robin Roberts Takes Time Off Ahead Of Medical Leave: 'I'm Not Feeling Too Well'

She announced that she will be leaving for one or two weeks before her medical leave, noting that she was not feeling well. Roberts was recently diagnosed with MDS, a rare blood and bone marrow disorder, as a side effect of her battle with breast cancer.

by Anonymousreply 1801/17/2013

I think she's a class act. I wish her the very best.

by Anonymousreply 107/31/2012

Wonder if she'll give me some of her stuff? Ya think?

by Anonymousreply 207/31/2012

I realize this poor woman has had lots of sad issues and horrible health challenges, but that aside, she's an insufferable famewhore and allows herself to be used as a sort of ABC News Uncle Tom.

Whether it's her daddy dying, her momma dying, her breast cancer scare, her bone marrow drama, her series on honoring her father by flying fighter planes with the Tuskegee Airmen, her Katrina sobbing drama (I'm from there y'all and this has just DESTROYED my soul!), it's all just too much.

I realize the stay at home, GMA/ABC watching women here will eat me alive for this, but that's what she is.

by Anonymousreply 301/17/2013

I agree R3, it is all very ABC.

I loathe all their "news" programs.

by Anonymousreply 401/17/2013

[quote] her series on honoring her father by flying fighter planes with the Tuskegee Airmen

Those guys rocked -- there isn't a bomber pilot out there who didn't love it when they showed up to protect them (they never lost a bomber), but all the media profiles on them have been so badly lacking, even Robin's.

by Anonymousreply 501/17/2013

Is she back on GMA yet? If so, what will be her next life threatening/altering/shaking event??

by Anonymousreply 701/17/2013

r3, it's what she's paid for. She does what she's paid for very well and gets compensated for it.

Do you do a good job as well? Do you expect to be paid well for it?

by Anonymousreply 801/17/2013

What weird, contrived "reasons" for disliking someone.

by Anonymousreply 901/17/2013

Run along, frau @ R8/R9. Nobody put a cake and casserole out.

by Anonymousreply 1001/17/2013

If Robin was an insufferable fame whore, she'd come out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 1101/17/2013

And that's why she can never come out. She's let everyone into every aspect of her life except that part of her so she can't hide behind the "my life is private" bit.

by Anonymousreply 1201/17/2013

R11, she loves to "bare her soul" but realizes that even while she may have a career at GMA if she came out, the flyover stay-at-home lady set which lavishes all that fame, money and ratings gold on her will quickly fade. Or, perhaps it won't. One never really knows.

I'm she that personally, she's a nice person and I hope all the best for her; but at the same time nothing seems beneath turning her tears on and "being up front" about except her personal life.

In the past when I've watched the show, back when I could still stomach it, they would quip about each others' kids or family or spouses and Robin would, if anything, divert attention by mentioning her dog; when in reality, she has a longtime partner.

ABC News has proven to be very gay friendly so she has absolutely nothing to worry about as far as her career goes. Why not just come out since she positions and sells herself as a brave, fierce warrior of all life has to throw at her?

by Anonymousreply 1301/17/2013

I'm guessing she will come out in 2013.

As for her audience, it certainly hasn't adversely affected Ellen, and I think Robin will be fine.

by Anonymousreply 1401/17/2013

Who will be first at ABC: Robin or David Muir?

by Anonymousreply 1501/17/2013

Didn't adversely affect the weatherman Sam Champion, either r14. Didn't they show his wedding (or at least photos) on GMA?

by Anonymousreply 1601/17/2013

F&F, r10. Enough of the intolerance.

by Anonymousreply 1701/17/2013

My brother died of MDS. When you're fine, you're OK - but if things take a turn for the worse, you go down fast and you die. It becomes a sad shock for loved ones.

by Anonymousreply 1801/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!