Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

WTF is wrong with Yahoo mail today?

I can't access it at all. Keeps popping up a message about new and improved speed. Then wants you to accept but when I do it times out. It's pissing me off.

by Anonymousreply 6811/24/2014

Same here. I hope they get this issue resolved soon!

by Anonymousreply 107/31/2012

Yahoo mail sucks—gave up on them a long time ago. Never had a problem with my Gmail account.

by Anonymousreply 207/31/2012

Speaking of... Hotmail is now Outlook.com.

by Anonymousreply 307/31/2012

same with me

by Anonymousreply 407/31/2012

on the radio: it's because of new terms of service...when you accept you get locked out of your account.

by Anonymousreply 507/31/2012

Today??? It has been on a rapid decline for months. My account has been compromised regularly and have a password is now up to 13 characters with random caps and numerous special characters inserted. I've had the email address forever and hate to part with it, but may have to. I do too much electronically these days.

by Anonymousreply 607/31/2012

Well it's annoying as hell.

by Anonymousreply 707/31/2012

I thought it was up for a little while. I could access my mail but I wasn't getting any new mail but it's still having problems.

by Anonymousreply 907/31/2012

back up

by Anonymousreply 1007/31/2012

Bad timing with Microsoft launching its new free e-mail service outlook.com today.

I snagged my initials as my e-mail address.

by Anonymousreply 1107/31/2012

It was up around 9a PDT but then I checked again around 9:45 and the message showed up. I can get to it on my iPhone but not on the computer. Ugh!!!

by Anonymousreply 1207/31/2012

Att.net (yahoo-based) and the sbcglobal and att accounts were fucked up, too. They seem to be okay now, as is yahoo.com and att.net.

by Anonymousreply 1307/31/2012

yahoo sucks ass! Period, am in the process of changing all addresses to new email bye bye yahoo forever, been garbage for the last yr or so, nothin but problems and always changing shit that dont work anyhow

by Anonymousreply 1410/08/2013

Female CEO.

by Anonymousreply 1510/08/2013

Mine freezes up every time I check it.

by Anonymousreply 1610/08/2013

They fucked up Yahoo Answers US too.

by Anonymousreply 1710/08/2013

Having problems too.

by Anonymousreply 1810/08/2013

If they'd just make the bleepin' ads go away, I'd be satisfied.

by Anonymousreply 1910/08/2013

It's telling me to update my browser.

by Anonymousreply 2010/08/2013

The entire format for the Inbox changed today but I was able to change it back to the full page view.

At least the obnoxious paid ad/email is less prominent.

by Anonymousreply 2110/08/2013

I've been getting email for the past month addressed to "Slut." I've contacted Yahoo about it, but they can't give me any answers.

by Anonymousreply 2210/08/2013

[quote]I've been getting email for the past month addressed to "Slut." I've contacted Yahoo about it, but they can't give me any answers.

That must be annoying, hope you get that worked out. Hopefully, you're not getting a Trojan.

by Anonymousreply 2310/08/2013

Serves you right for using Yahoo Mail.

by Anonymousreply 2410/08/2013

People who actually use email used it. Gmail is not functional, especially not compared to the way Yahoo WAS. Now they're exactly the same, and it's all fucked.

You can change it back temporarily by clicking on the gear on the upper right hand side of the mail screen. Click on settings, then click on 'viewing email'. Uncheck the conversations box and scroll down to select "basic". It will revert you back to this bullshit up Yahoogoogle update every time you close the window, but at least you can switch it back (for now) when you have to actually USE email.

I wrote to customer service (customercare-en@cc.yahoo-inc.com) over it. I am NOT going to stay with Yahoo, if they don't change it back by the end of the week. If I'd wanted to wade through Google bullshit, I would've stayed with gmail.

by Anonymousreply 2510/08/2013

I have an @att.net e-mail which goes through Yahoo and I haven't had any problems with mine. I hope they're different platforms.

by Anonymousreply 2610/08/2013

Yahoo mail?

by Anonymousreply 2710/08/2013

that stupid cunt CEO spent too much time fussing about the idiotic fonts for the revised logo.

Nothing loads properly.

and they moved the log-in/out button deliberately on the right with a faulty drop-down that forces you to click on a sidebar ad if you miss it.

Fucking Yahoo CEO bitch cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2810/08/2013

shit. If I click Reply, how do I change the Subject line? It won't let me highlight it to change it.

by Anonymousreply 2910/08/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3010/08/2013

Yahoo's collapse is now complete, it will never be...

by Anonymousreply 3110/08/2013

"Even my 60 year-old parents fucking have gmail accounts"

We know. They're not your parents.

by Anonymousreply 3210/08/2013

Anything Yahoo touches turns into shit.

Flickr is also shitty today.

by Anonymousreply 3310/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 3410/08/2013

If you have AT&T and you use an Apple product, you should ditch the evil Yahoo-AT&T combination and switch your e-mail to the native MacMail (that is, if you have an iMac or laptop.)

Easy and simple to use & no advertising like with Yahoo.

I did and never looked back.

MacMail is great.

by Anonymousreply 3510/08/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3610/08/2013

I DON'T WANT GMAIL.

We all know gmail exists. It sucks. That's WHY we don't use it. Yahoo Mail WAS better until today, when it became the same as gmail. Now I'm on the lookout for an email client that is actually functional for sending email (i.e. NOT gmail).

Mac-based email clients are useless to me, as I do not have a Mac, nor am I going to get one.

by Anonymousreply 3710/08/2013

You might want to check outlook.com, r37. I like the interface a lot and I haven't seen any spam yet.

by Anonymousreply 3810/08/2013

Just checked outlook.com out, and I hate the interface.

It does that same bullshit conversation grouping. I. Will. Not. Use. This. I also should not have to hover over and/or click on seven different things to find a command or an icon that looks like it MIGHT be what I want. I don't need a mail client that blocks images to "protect me". And I also find this "no lines" crap that has infested web design to be irritating and unhelpful.

by Anonymousreply 3910/08/2013

I want to switch from Yahoo mail, but it would be such a pain in the ass to notify everyone of my new email address.

by Anonymousreply 4010/09/2013

Mine's working but it looks weird and I don't like it.

by Anonymousreply 4110/09/2013

[quote]The entire format for the Inbox changed today but I was able to change it back to the full page view.

How?

by Anonymousreply 4210/09/2013

On the menu bar (delete, move, spam etc) on the far right, it says View. The drop down menu gives you some options.

I couldn't find my saved-in-folders emails until I clicked on "folders", under the trash link and moved mouse to the right. Unfortunately when it opens up, it layers over the left hand links and is unreadable (safari) .

by Anonymousreply 4310/09/2013

I followed #25's instructions advice and I am now back at the basic yahoo. The new format is just like gmail which I hated.

by Anonymousreply 4410/09/2013

After reading this thread, I went over to my yahoo account and had no problem accessing it. It also was in the same format I normally have. I am using an ipad, but I don't know if that has anything to do with this. .. However, facebook asked me for my password, today, for no apparant reason. I log in to that with a yahoo account.

by Anonymousreply 4510/09/2013

I have five email accounts, including google and yahoo. However, I access all of them via Apple's iCloud and I don't have a problem with any of them. Also, I've never heard of getting ads on one's email page. How is that possible??

by Anonymousreply 4610/09/2013

Since Yahoo changed their Groups format, I can't post.

by Anonymousreply 4710/09/2013

Temporary fix for those needing one: Open new Yahoo mail, copy the url, click on the gear, choose settings and viewing email, change to basic view, paste the url back in the navigation bar and hit enter.

Now you can actually use your email again.

by Anonymousreply 4810/11/2013

Thanks R48. My inbox was annoying the hell out of me but now it's back to normal.

by Anonymousreply 4910/11/2013

I can't reply to anyone now!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 5010/15/2013

R48, I did that and still have problems, and yes my browser is supported and up to date. I complain to them, and they just keep telling me to switch to basic, even though I tell them I am using basic. Error messages, delete won't work, sometimes emails won't open.

by Anonymousreply 5110/15/2013

r19,you want the ads to go away. get adblocker, I can't imagine anyone is still dealing with ads.

by Anonymousreply 5210/16/2013

ya I'm done with yahoo mail never again, gave them enough chances yahoo sucks! Just created a gmail account never going back to yahoo!

by Anonymousreply 5310/17/2013

I've used Yahoo since I got my first computer (late starter). It was simple, which I needed, but now it is a mess. How could anyone in the business come up with such a convoluted, dysfunctional setup? Since they've changed it, I can't get the font to work; I can't change the subject on a reply; I can't see the email to which I'm replying without going up and clicking on it to open it; sometimes my mail has gone but I can't find out w/o going to my "sent" mail; with the overlay setup (instead of letting us seed the e-mails to which we're replying), I have unintentionally sent mail to the wrong recipient (very embarrassing) - one was a bank (dangerous) - it's just so confusing and unreliable and annoying. Most annoying is that there's no one to complain to. Yahoo doesn't care and this all falls on deaf ears (or group entries I'm sure Yahoo pays no attention to or why would they continue after all of the complaints and the mass exodus to other companies. And the ads and spam! I get sometimes every hour. My family and friends? - "What's spam?" A shame it's become an unusable user-unfriendly place.

by Anonymousreply 5412/10/2013

[quote]I want to switch from Yahoo mail, but it would be such a pain in the ass to notify everyone of my new email address.

This. I've been wanting to switch from Yahoo for some time now but hesitate due to the fact that changing addresses now, after all these years, will be such a colossal pain in the motherfucking ass.

I've had Yahoo since about 1998 and it's been my primary email address ever since. To leave now means I'd have to not only alert all my friends and relatives but also change it with my bank, my employer, various subscriptions (like the NYT), etc. and I just don't know if I feel like going through all that. But as time goes on I feel I will have no choice because the site has truly become a piece of shit. It's constantly freezing, you can't mark more than 2 or 3 emails at a time for deletion without it suddenly going shutting down, the way you reply to emails now (as outlined by R54 above) is just shit now, and so on, not to mention the Yahoo customer service people could not fucking care less. You write them about any issues you're having and you can forget about getting a response. They simply do not give a shit.

Lastly, as much as I'd like to change addresses, at this point I wouldn't even know which service to switch to -- just about every one you hear/read about now has apparently gone to shit (Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, etc.). At the end of the day, it would appear none of them are worth a fuck anymore.

by Anonymousreply 5512/10/2013

Read the Vanity Fair piece on Marissa Meyer; she alienated the people who developed Yahoo mail, they bolted, and the present clusterfuck is down to her management.

by Anonymousreply 5612/11/2013

Yahoo mail strikes again. It keeps telling me to sign in. Fortunately I can access it through windows mail. And fortunately I use it only for family mail. But, on Christmas Eve, it's an issue.

by Anonymousreply 5712/24/2013

Every time I try to access e-mail, I get in for about a second, then a pop-up reminds me that my session has expired and I need to sign in again. Annoying. But sort of glad it's a problem *out there* and not with my computer. It'll get fixed, here, pretty soon. Still .... annoying. Stay cool, beloved DLers!!!

by Anonymousreply 5812/24/2013

Well, yee-ha-weeeeeeee! My Yahoo mail is back to acting like it should. My solution to most tech problems is to let whatever device it is *chill* for a while and then try it again. No coaxing. No trying to fix stuff I don't understand. More often than not, it works. If it doesn't, I call my techie guy. Glad I won't have to do that, since it's Christmas Eve and all.

by Anonymousreply 5912/24/2013

Now I can open only my inbox messages. I can't get into the "sent" folder or anything else.

GMAIL, here I come.

by Anonymousreply 6012/25/2013

Why the fuck is YAHOO email is so fucked up. Those fuckers should be kicked in the nuts.

by Anonymousreply 6103/05/2014

what the fucks up with yahoo full stop . Te keep pissing about with it why. Tonight I want to reply to sender but it deleted the fucking one I've received

by Anonymousreply 6203/10/2014

Yahoo cant even open basic mail today, wtf, and if it keeps logging me out every five minutes and requiring me to change my password every week due to security issue im about to start using gmail and inbox.com from now on. What a rip yahoo try and keep up with the times will ya?

by Anonymousreply 6309/30/2014

Is there any one at f***ing YAHOO that will even answer this 4 year problem??????????????

by Anonymousreply 6411/13/2014

I haven't been able to access my email at Yahoo for almost 48 hours! This is getting serious. Why does Yahoo have this consistent problem and Gmail does not? My account is a semi business one so switching would be a real pain and could cost me some money.

by Anonymousreply 6511/13/2014

here it is nov 24...Yahoo lets me compose...with a whole new format...but there is NO SEND button...also cannot delete with the touch of a button...have to INDIVIDUALLLY use the trash can after EACH email...even the MANY spams I have...time to leave yahoo and go back to gmail..full time...yahoo really sucks.

by Anonymousreply 6611/24/2014

YAHOO is getting worse and worse....I hope someone comes in and takes over and puts us all out of our misery...because I equal misery with yahoo.......They keep changing things around and instead of leaving it alone when it was just ok....worse thing was when they changed classic email...it has gone down progressively since then..

by Anonymousreply 6711/24/2014

For the last three or four months, everytime I log into my Yahoo account, I am taken to a screen that tells me to change my password; I "Skip for Now" and it takes me to another screen that asks me to add my mobile number. I "Skip For Now" and get into my inbox. How fucking annoying that I have to go through this everytime! I will change my password when I see fit, and I will NOT give Yahoo my phone number. Why is this not an option instead of a requirement? And how can I stop this so I can just go straight into my inbox?

by Anonymousreply 6811/24/2014
Need more help? Click Here.