Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dick Cheney Skips His Daughter Mary Cheney Same-Sex Wedding

Both Lynne and Dick Cheney declined to attend their daughter Mary Cheney's wedding to her lesbian partner.

Cheney didn't want Mary to be part of the political debate about same-sex marriage. His and his wife's presence would only be a 'distraction' on such an important day for his daughter.

We wished them well, he said.

by Anonymousreply 10410/19/2014

Sad as well as sick.

by Anonymousreply 107/30/2012

Wouldn't it be up to his daughter whether she wanted her parents to attend her wedding? Since he's said that he believes she & her partner should have a right to marry, he can't be boycotting. Maybe he's too sick to attend.

by Anonymousreply 207/30/2012

No, Dick and Lynne Cheney are the ones who didn't want to be part of the same-sex marriage debate. So the skipped the ceremony.

Of course, Mary will give them a pass on it. No reason to risk that huge inheritance based on Iraq war profiteering.

This situation reminds me of the 2004 GOP convention when Cheney accepted the VP nomination for the 2nd time. When he went over to his family onstage after the speech, Mary was not there....

And the media made little note of it. The MSM was scared shitless of the Cheneys.

by Anonymousreply 307/30/2012

Did Liz show?

by Anonymousreply 407/30/2012

I'd skip it too.

She's ugly, both inside and out.

by Anonymousreply 507/30/2012

I fear that once I enter a church, I won't be allowed back out.

by Anonymousreply 607/30/2012

Mary said she didn't go on the stage because she didn't want to 'distract' from the message.

by Anonymousreply 707/30/2012

That seems really fucking shitty to me

by Anonymousreply 807/30/2012

Serious? I can't believe they would skip their daughter's wedding! They are truly heartless souls.

by Anonymousreply 907/30/2012

I loathe Dick Cheney, but he's on the record as being a proponent of gay marriage. He's donated his time and money to the cause; therefore, it'd be disingenuous to claim he secretly hates his daughter.

by Anonymousreply 1007/30/2012

I don't know anything about Mary Cheney save her name and orientation.

Why is she a bad person, Zak?

by Anonymousreply 1107/30/2012

[quote]he's on the record as being a proponent of gay marriage.

Obviously not now, they want to keep gay marriage out of the limelight, which is their own way of protesting it. Repukelican tactics. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 1207/30/2012

So there's this huge dysfunction between their public persona and their private one. How sad for her. But hey.

by Anonymousreply 1307/30/2012

[quote] He's donated his time and money to the cause; therefore, it'd be disingenuous to claim he secretly hates his daughter.

I believe not even going to your own daughter's wedding speaks louder on all fronts than whether you've publicly endorsed one position or another. Blood is thicker than water. Then again, he probably has ice water for blood anyway. . . . . .

by Anonymousreply 1407/30/2012

Cheney didn't attend the wedding for political reasons...so that he could still allow the Repugs to wage war on this issue and divide the public.

They're disgusting. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. But then again, their asshole daughter, Mary, probably said it was okay if they didn't attend. She's a shameless pig too.

by Anonymousreply 1507/30/2012

Mary, the timid little biatch, wants her share of the war money shafted from the people of the USA. She does as daddy says.

by Anonymousreply 1607/30/2012

The Party Is More Important Than Doing The Right Thing!

by Anonymousreply 1707/30/2012

All Pigs - Liz is the worst. She truly epitomizes angry, annoying, cunt. She's running for office soon, and I hope she loses big, and runs off to her baby sister, and her wife, in tears. Just hearing her voice is nails on a blackboard, to me.

by Anonymousreply 1807/30/2012

Liz just tweeted that she disagrees with her father on Sarah Palin

by Anonymousreply 1907/30/2012

the whole pack are wolves. dangerous and vicious.

by Anonymousreply 2007/30/2012

They all need to die. The sooner the better.

by Anonymousreply 2107/30/2012

[quote]I fear that once I enter a church, I won't be allowed back out.

More like fear of spontaneously combusting.

Weird.

by Anonymousreply 2207/30/2012

Well I can't blame the Cheney's for not wanting to attend their hideous daughter's wedding. At the same time, I can't blame the hideous daughter for not wanting her evil parents there either.

So, as Bar says, it worked out quite well for all of them.

by Anonymousreply 2307/30/2012

He was too busy planning to "accidentally" shoot somone else.

by Anonymousreply 2407/30/2012

"Lebians are only worth the effort to write dirty fiction about."-Lynn Cheney

by Anonymousreply 2507/30/2012

Are we really surprised his name is dick.

She was his token Gay to parade around like a yorkie yet he couldn't return the favor.

Shes so proud to be a republican.

by Anonymousreply 2607/30/2012

Congratulations to Qusay Cheney. I'm sure her cunt of a sister Uday will be there.

And what kind of horse's ass (in this thread) attempts to justify his absence with some bullshit about donating his time and money?

Let's go through the checklist, shall we?

When he was IN power, he watched Bush and the GOP attempt to push through a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage. He said nothing.

When he *retired* he decided to claim support for gay marriage - and we all know that has solely to do with his daughter, because heaven forbid a GOP turd be selfless.

Is he hoping to be invited into a potential Romney cabal? Is that why he won't attend his own daughter's wedding? What else could be the reason since he's retired? The fact that politics supersedes his own daughter's wedding is all you need to know about this piece of shit - not that we didn't already know he's a piece of shit.

The log cabinettes stupidly went on and on about a retired Cheney supporting gay marriage. I'd love to see the excuse for this one.

by Anonymousreply 2707/30/2012

[quote]I fear that once I enter a church, I won't be allowed back out.

More like Gregory Peck wanting to drag you to the front with some daggers in hand.

by Anonymousreply 2807/30/2012

Catering that the reception by Chick-Fil-A.

by Anonymousreply 2907/30/2012

[quote]Shes so proud to be a republican.

I'm reminded of a quote by "Tyrion Lannister" (Game of Thrones): "If you're going to be a cripple, better to be a rich cripple."

If you're going to be a gay Republican, better to be a rich one.

by Anonymousreply 3007/30/2012

Not that I want to defend that schmuck and his evil cunt of a wife, but do you have a link that says they weren't at the wedding? All I've ever read is how close Dick and Mary are, so I'm surprised they didn't attend.

by Anonymousreply 3107/30/2012

no #14, he has demon blood, that's why it took so long to match him up with a heart

by Anonymousreply 3207/30/2012

[quote]Speaking to ABC News, former vice president Dick Cheney says he supported same-sex marriage back in 2000 but didn't raise the issue because it would have sunk George W. Bush's campaign.

So there you have it, motherfucking log cabinette trash who shit on Obama for his support DURING A CAMPAIGN.

You suck on Dick's shriveled balls for supporting gay marriage when he has NO POWER. He's has always been a coward. He has always let others fight the battles. He dodged the draft several times and he dodged this issue when he could've done something brave. He's an evil piece of shit who has never stuck his own neck out. He has lived his life as a coward and he will die a coward.

[quote]Cheney also said that he didn't attend his daughter Mary's June wedding to her partner, ostensibly because the women did not want a media circus ensuing.

BULLSHIT.

[quote]“I’m sure it was fine," Cheney said, according to the Associated Press. "We wished them well. [Mary] wanted to avoid having it be a media circus or having it become part of the political debate. So (wife) Lynn and I were very proud and happy and congratulated them.”

by Anonymousreply 3307/30/2012

Wouldn't it be up to his daughter whether she wanted her parents to attend her wedding?

maybe she didn't want them to attend

[quote] No, Dick and Lynne Cheney are the ones who didn't want to be part of the same-sex marriage debate. So they skipped the ceremony.

And how is that going to leave them out of the debate? There daughter is still gay and just got married to another woman. If people are going to publicly talk about mary's wedding to another woman they aren't going to hold back just because the cheney's didn't attend. I'm sure they don't want the Democrats talking about it and using them as an example of why gay marriage should be legal. But their not attending wont' stop that. It has no bearing on it. The Dems can still bring up the fact that the former vice president of the United States has a gay daughter who just married her partner of many years. They can also bring up the fact that they have children - who are the cheney's grandchildren. They can also state the fact that cheney has donated money to equal rights campaigns

by Anonymousreply 3407/30/2012

Is it possible it was a small venue and they didn't want to deal with secret service and security that would come with Dick being there? It seems very odd to me that they wouldn't attend but politicians do bring baggage like that.

by Anonymousreply 3607/30/2012

Their baggage certainly doesn't match mine.

by Anonymousreply 3707/30/2012

I didn't go either.

by Anonymousreply 3807/30/2012

He's been too vocally supportive of gay marriage for me to think that the reason they did not attend is for political reason. I hate the man, but I think there was some personal reason he didn't go -- as in, he didn't want to be a disruption.

by Anonymousreply 3907/30/2012

This tells it all folks - they'll shill their daughter during the election and then turn their back on her when it matters.

All for show and no real morals at all.

by Anonymousreply 4107/30/2012

Agreed 539, or maybe his health is more in question than they are willing to disclose.

by Anonymousreply 4207/30/2012

They are Republicans...you'd expect decency?

by Anonymousreply 4307/30/2012

[quote]He was too busy planning to "accidentally" shoot somone else.

He didn't shoot anyone. He took the blame to cover the fact that it was his girlfriend who accidently shot that man. It was a huge coverup to hide the real story from the media.

by Anonymousreply 4407/30/2012

Agree with R39. Cheney supports gay marriage. The damage has already been done to the GOP (from its point of view). Whatever the reason, I doubt very much that its political.

by Anonymousreply 4507/30/2012

So much for the DL Republicans saying "but Cheney is for Gay Marriage"... anyway, that bitch Mary deserves it for voting a party that thinks her and her partner's relationship is deviant

by Anonymousreply 4607/30/2012

I'm confused. How does 2 lesbian tops have sex?

by Anonymousreply 4707/30/2012

R36 Cheney is now a private citizen and doesn't get any more Secret Service protection

by Anonymousreply 4807/31/2012

Mary Cheney is the biggest Uncle Tom of the LGBT community, a cunt who uses her name and father to further the stupidity of the Republican Party.

She could burst into flames in front of me and I wouldn't share a drop of piss with her.

by Anonymousreply 4907/31/2012

[quote]Wouldn't it be up to his daughter whether she wanted her parents to attend her wedding?

I can't imagine any woman would not want her parents at her wedding! What a ridiculous notion!

by Anonymousreply 5007/31/2012

Maybe he didn't go because he knew he would cause a negative stir among their liberal, gay friendly guests. Gotta admit his being there could cast a dark cloud over what's supposed to be a happy event.

by Anonymousreply 5107/31/2012

Really, R50?

by Anonymousreply 5207/31/2012

[quote]Cheney is now a private citizen and doesn't get any more Secret Service protection

SS protection doesn't stop when they leave office.

by Anonymousreply 5307/31/2012

I hope Mary learns a lesson from all this and stops being a Republican stooge.

by Anonymousreply 5408/01/2012

Did he send a gift?

by Anonymousreply 5508/01/2012

[quote] Gotta admit his being there could cast a dark cloud over what's supposed to be a happy event

His waking up every morning has the same effect.

by Anonymousreply 5608/01/2012

I fucking hate ALL of the Cheneys. They are disgusting people who should just go away. I wonder if the Bushes were invited?

by Anonymousreply 5708/01/2012

[quote]I loathe Dick Cheney, but he's on the record as being a proponent of gay marriage. He's donated his time and money to the cause; therefore, it'd be disingenuous to claim he secretly hates his daughter.

I (gulp) also agree it was best to skip the wedding. This way, the wedding will be about the brides. If Mephistopheles and his dyke-fiction writing wife had attended, the attention and focus would have been all about them. They let the day belong to the happy couple.

I still hate his fucking guts but I won't fault him for skipping the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 5808/01/2012

These people have different priorities than the regular folk. If taking a dump (a very human thing to do) would conflict with their political agenda they would look for ways to avoid taking dumps.

In no way do the Cheney's relate to common people who have beating hearts.

by Anonymousreply 5908/01/2012

I am mistified by his choice. He supports his daughter's right to marry but will not attend the wedding because of politics? It's a private event for heaven's sake: PRIVATE. What is wrong with him, and his wife? (Need I ask?)

by Anonymousreply 6008/01/2012

[quote]In no way do the Cheney's relate to common people who have beating hearts.

"Beating hearts" you say? Oh, I'd just love to relate to them. Just let me get my shopping cart and surgical knife.

by Anonymousreply 6108/01/2012

I find it disgusting that someone would miss their gay daughter's wedding

by Anonymousreply 6208/01/2012

No dick at a lesbian wedding?

by Anonymousreply 6308/01/2012

I hope he dies in a gutter. And pulls Lynne in with him, where she dies trapped underneath him- drowning in 2 inches of muddy water.

by Anonymousreply 6408/04/2012

You'd never hear the parents of a straight child give such a lame excuse for not attending their own child's wedding. Wild horses couldn't keep them away. They're embarrassed by Mary.

Their absence has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 6508/04/2012

I have read both Dick's and Mary's biography and was surprised how close they were. Mary is clearly Dick's favorite. Heather seems to be very private though so maybe she didn't want the media circus.

by Anonymousreply 6607/22/2013

The only media circus the Dick and Lynne Cheney want to avoid is being publicly linked to their supoprt of their daughter's gay marriage in such a blatant way. The Cheney's still want whatever influence they can muster among those who are completely opposed to marriate equality.

Also, with Liz Cheney trying to unseat the current GOP senator from Wyoming using a farther-to-the-right platform, such publicity wouldn't help. Did Liz attend the ceremony? I could more likely imagine her not coming.

by Anonymousreply 6707/22/2013

R3 stated "This situation reminds me of the 2004 GOP convention when Cheney accepted the VP nomination for the 2nd time. When he went over to his family onstage after the speech, Mary was not there...."

R7 replied: "Mary said she didn't go on the stage because she didn't want to 'distract' from the message."

Bullshit. Mary appeared onstage with the family for the 2000 convention, so that's a complete cop-out.

by Anonymousreply 6807/22/2013

That is one messed up family. And fuck all the log cabinettes who touted them as more progressive than Obama during that blink of an eye when Cheney was on record but Obama wasn't.

HIS OWN DAUGHTER.

by Anonymousreply 6907/22/2013

How is he not dead?

by Anonymousreply 7007/22/2013

[quote]he's on the record as being a proponent of gay marriage. He's donated his time and money to the cause

Link, R10. Link to anything that claims Dick Cheney donated "his time and money" to any gay rights organization. Accepting speaking fees to address the Log Cabin Republicans does not count.

You make it sound like the Cheneys are passionate defenders of gay rights. They are anything but. They are the extremely conservative parents of a lesbian daughter whom they're embarrassed of. They'd no doubt be much happier if said lesbian daughter had repressed her sexuality and married a good Republican man to keep up appearances, but because their lesbian daughter is so obviously an enthusiastic rug-muncher and LPGA fan that there's no denying the truth to anyone with two eyes and a brain, so they grit their teeth and claim they love her just the same, even though they avoid public appearances with her and declined to attend her wedding.

The idea that they stayed away to avoid "a media circus" is absurd. Mary Cheney is not Chelsea Clinton. The Cheneys are hardly the Kennedys -- they're not even the Bushes. The paparazzi have zero interest in them and hard news political reporters have very little interest in the weddings of politician's family members outside of sitting Presidents and the three families I mentioned. Dick Cheney was never President and as far as political dynasties go, the Cheneys are strictly D-list. If they had just planned this privately and attended I seriously doubt a "media circus" would have disrupted anything. The Bidens and Gores are two Vice-Presidential famies who've had no problem keeping the media circus from invading their private lives without avoiding certain family members.

I cannot believe the log cabinettes trying to spin this. They skipped out on their own daughter's wedding because of POLITICS.

Did the sister who's running for the Senate show up?

by Anonymousreply 7107/22/2013

good question.

Did she?

by Anonymousreply 7207/22/2013

He is a war criminal. The only place he should be is prison.

by Anonymousreply 7307/22/2013

r71 , r72 has it. Dick's absence is a distraction for the other notable absence- the sister who's running for Senate.

If the dad showed up the sister's absence would be GLARING and a direct political statement.

Good lord this whole family is sad and disgusting. I hope Mary disowns them all.

by Anonymousreply 7507/22/2013

Desperated attempt at trolling r74. 2/10

by Anonymousreply 7607/22/2013

Liz will completely cop out during her campaign. She'll say gay marriage is a state issue not a federal issue. Because she is running for federal office her own views are irrelevant and she will support whatever the good people of Wyoming decide.

In fact, she is probably hoping she can draw her opponent into talking about Mary, so she can holler about him making personal attacks on her family.

by Anonymousreply 7707/22/2013

He's afraid of being assassinated, but it's only his own guilty conscience.

by Anonymousreply 7807/22/2013

I hope he lives forever and suffers every day of it.

by Anonymousreply 7907/22/2013

Should WY even be allowed to have representation in the Senate equal to that of NY or CA? Don't that have a pop. smaller than most NYC apt buildings?

by Anonymousreply 8007/22/2013

they*

by Anonymousreply 8107/22/2013

Shameful to put politics ahead of love, family and support. If you LOVE your daughter, you go to her wedding. The end.

by Anonymousreply 8207/22/2013

"The idea that they stayed away to avoid "a media circus" is absurd. Mary Cheney is not Chelsea Clinton. The Cheneys are hardly the Kennedys -- they're not even the Bushes. The paparazzi have zero interest in them..."

You're probably right, but I suspect that in the echo chamber that makes up the Cheney's existence, they're the subject of endless media speculation. The recent documentary THE WORLD ACCORDING TO DICK CHENEY only encouraged this view, I'll bet.

After Mary's book flopped faster than THE LONE RANGER, you'd think they'd have a clue.

The Cheney have always give off this attitude that the press shall pay attention to them in the manner in which they like. Even Mary Cheney gives off this arrogant vibe.

by Anonymousreply 8307/22/2013

[quote]Is it possible it was a small venue and they didn't want to deal with secret service and security that would come with Dick being there?

No. A couple of Secret Service agents is not disruptive. He's not the Vice President anymore, he doesn't get the full monty.

[quote]It seems very odd to me that they wouldn't attend but politicians do bring baggage like that.

No. He's lying and boycotting his own daughter's wedding to cover for Liz-the-Cunt Cheney, the Senate candidate, not going to her own sister's wedding. It's all about Republican Tea Party politics.

Please go back to iVillage, Miss R36.

by Anonymousreply 8407/22/2013

Ex-VPs get Secret Service protection only for 6 months after leaving office.

by Anonymousreply 8507/22/2013

Sometimes, the best gifts cost nothing at all!!!

by Anonymousreply 8607/22/2013

[quote]Should WY even be allowed to have representation in the Senate equal to that of NY or CA? Don't that have a pop. smaller than most NYC apt buildings?

AAARGH! For Christ's sake don't you know anything about our government and how and why the bi-cameral congress works? The Senate is an institution that empowers states rights by having each state represented equally by two Senate members, regardless of population. As you may not have noticed in the House of Representatives, the number of legislators is apportioned according to population size! Therefore Wyoming has but a single at-large Congressperson, while California has 53.

Don't they teach fucking civics where you went to Middle School!?

Why not treat yourself to some knowledge and read "The Dance of Legislation", and you can learn all that, and more.

by Anonymousreply 8707/22/2013

FYI, this thread (and Mary's wedding) are a year old. Some people are posting as if this just happened yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 8807/22/2013

Oh, just DIE already!

by Anonymousreply 8907/22/2013

Who?

by Anonymousreply 9007/23/2013

Oh Mary! They didn't let her on the platform after evil Dick was nominated for VP- why would they want to be seen at her wedding?

by Anonymousreply 9107/23/2013

[quote]FYI, this thread (and Mary's wedding) are a year old. Some people are posting as if this just happened yesterday.

I wish you hadn't brought this up. It's fun to see head's exploding over something that was over and done a year ago.

When it comes to Cheney not having Secret Service protection, don't you think the CIA looks out for him? His retirement McMansion was built right next door to CIA headquarters in Northern Virginia. Is there an underground tunnel between the two?

by Anonymousreply 9207/24/2013

R91 - you should read Mary Cheney's book "Now It's My Turn". She explains what actually happened. Her wife is very private and does not want to be in public too much.

by Anonymousreply 9310/18/2014

Dick Cheney is a virus in the world, and has killed far more people than Ebola. He should be in prison.

by Anonymousreply 9410/18/2014

If Republicans and Religious Folk Gave Me A Dollar For Everytime I Walked In A Reality Of Their Beliefs, I'd Still Be Poor.

by Anonymousreply 9610/18/2014

[quote]Why we are resurrecting this topic, I'll never know. Butt, Dick did come out in favor of SSM before Obama and Hil.

This is where I don't understand how my brain comprehends the difference and yours does not. It's been how many years now and yet you've either been in hibernation or just ignored the HUGE difference between Cheney and Obama, and who they were when they came out in support?

A man who has a gay daughter sat silent as VP of the United States for EIGHT years. During his time in power, he watched an attempt to *amend* the constitution to ban gay marriage. He then retired (ie.,no influence, no risk to his selfish ass) and came out in favor of gay marriage. THEN, his little Uday wanted to run for office in WY. He *defended* his little Uday's anti-gay stance because for that creep, politics and power supersede Qusay's dignity.

You are pathetic to attempt to give credit to vermin for his tepid support and even more ridiculous to act like it was far more magnanimous than the sitting president coming out in support.. and he did it when he still had another election coming.

Learn the difference.

by Anonymousreply 9710/18/2014

[quote]Cheney didn't want Mary to be part of the political debate about same-sex marriage.

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Shameless vandals!

Gitmo is too good for these modern-day Rosenbergs!

by Anonymousreply 9810/18/2014

[quote]He's donated his time and money to the cause;

Oh, fucking can that blather, will ya?

He's done NO SUCH THING in reality other than a few "painted into the corner" utterances, said mostly to embarrass Democrats!

Grow up!

by Anonymousreply 9910/18/2014

Remember he went to the 2009 inauguration in a wheelchair so he wouldn't have to stand for Obama?

That was so evil, I had to laugh.

by Anonymousreply 10010/18/2014

Please, I think even Satan doesn't want him because he's so evil.

by Anonymousreply 10110/18/2014

At this lesbian event celebrating my marriage to the Ball and Chain, there were no balls and one big Cheney.

by Anonymousreply 10210/18/2014

Nobody can bring on a True Hatefest like our man Cheney. However, there is a remote possibility that he just wanted to avoid having headlines like, "Cheney Attends Same-sex Wedding" run over his daughter's lifetime event.

Nah. Too evil for that.

by Anonymousreply 10310/19/2014

[quote]Butt, Dick did come out in favor of SSM

Butt, Dick. Dick, Butt. You two are really going to like each other.

by Anonymousreply 10410/19/2014
Need more help? Click Here.