Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Kristi Yamaguchi in Pro-Romney Commercial

I always thought she was a truly awful skater, now I hate her too.

by Anonymousreply 7807/16/2013

Is Michelle Kwan doing one too?

by Anonymousreply 107/30/2012

Kwan is doing a commercial for Royal Carribean in a competition with Greg Louganis. I guarantee Yamaguchi wouldn't have done that since she and her mom were so homophobic about Gallindo.

by Anonymousreply 207/30/2012

Never liked her.

by Anonymousreply 307/30/2012

There are a couple of other dipshit fundie athletes from the SLC Olympics who appear on that ad, too. I seem to recall a luge or skeleton driver and a speed skater. Of course there's no mention of how those Games were the most unethical in history due to the massive IOC bribery scandal uncovered later.

by Anonymousreply 408/01/2012

Yamaguchi's wing was one of the most underwhelmed Olympic wins I've witnessed. I was 12 when I watched my first Olympics {1992) and my family was rooting for her 'cause we thought she seemed and looked nice in her interviews. Very pretty and engaging. But during the long program I remember all the skaters kept falling all over the place, including Yamaguchi, so she won by default. A couple years ago, I was watching Olympic winning moments on YouTube and hers was kind of embarrassing 'cause it wasn't really an Olympic glory. It wasn't like Sarah Hughes', who placed 4th in the short and made an unbelievable comeback to ultimately win gold. Her long program was very exciting, esepcially when she kept landing all her triple jumps.

by Anonymousreply 508/01/2012

by Anonymousreply 608/01/2012

It's America. She's allowed to support who she wants, vote for who she wants. You don't have to like it. Move along, nothing to see her. It's not like millions are going to vote for him because of Kristi Who?maguchi.

by Anonymousreply 708/01/2012

Who is she? Is she someone?

by Anonymousreply 808/01/2012

by Anonymousreply 908/01/2012

Here's a link to the ad. It looks like Kristi and some other athletes are basically endorsing Romney's handling of the Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 1008/01/2012

The thing I find odd is that Kristi had nothing to do with the 2002 Olympics - she didn't even compete there. She was at the 1992 Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 1208/01/2012

Give the video a thumbs down on YouTube!

I just did!

by Anonymousreply 1308/01/2012

Is she even a citizen? Can she be deported?

by Anonymousreply 1408/01/2012

[quote] Do all Asian Americans support Repugs?

Of course. They are all trying desperately to seem "American" and white. Marry white. Vote Republican. And then they're magically white and endowed with privilege.

A more fucked up scenario, one could not possibly envision. As if it will somehow erase their obvious different physical characteristics.

by Anonymousreply 1508/01/2012

Just did, R13 - keep doing it, people!!!

by Anonymousreply 1608/01/2012

The majority of Asian Americans actually vote Democratic, so it's important not to label them as all being the same.

by Anonymousreply 1708/01/2012

Really, R19? Like someone can't post about how they hate her?

by Anonymousreply 2008/01/2012

I hate R19 too

by Anonymousreply 2108/01/2012

A Prada bag falls out of Derek Parra's mouth in that ad.

by Anonymousreply 2208/01/2012

R5 she would be the first to admit she didn't think she was going to win either.

She felt all along Midori Ito was going to win, and she was getting herself ready for 1994.

But only after Midori fell in the short program, a door opened. And she went for it.

by Anonymousreply 2308/01/2012

Thumbs down here, r13

by Anonymousreply 2408/01/2012

We all hate her and r19!

by Anonymousreply 2508/01/2012

[quote]Oh no, someone disagrees with you! What will you do? I know; hate her!

Disagrees? We're not talking about a disagreement over taxes. There is no debate here. You're either a supporter of bigotry or you're not. To support the current GOP is an endorsement of homophobia -- that isn't hyperbole; it's a fact. We have the GOP-led legislation to back it up.

[quote]OP, when you turn 8 next year, maybe you'll start to outgrow this behavior.

Right, because only a child could understand that it's pretty despicable to support a party that is based in hating people for who they love.

I guess even a child knows better than the average Republican. No surprise.

by Anonymousreply 2608/01/2012

I wonder how many other figure skaters are Republicans?

by Anonymousreply 2708/01/2012

Figure Skating is the land of Republican woman.

add Rachel Flatt, Sarah Hughes, Tessa Virtue and Yuna Kim to that very long list. Actually just assume that all female figure skaters are right wingers.

by Anonymousreply 2808/01/2012

Skate Canadas current Director, Barb MacDonald, actually was in charge of communications for the One Way Ministries Group in 2010, when Skate Canada hired her.

One Way Ministries is an Evangelical Christian lobby group, which through its Ellel division, promotes a cure for homosexuality.

(Link to Ellel Ministries course "Homosexuality and Lesbianism: Biblical teaching on this subject and some of the reasons why people struggle with this problem".)

by Anonymousreply 2908/01/2012

There is no "cure" believe me.

As my colleague Charlie used to say...

" you is what you is!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 3008/01/2012

Looks like Kristi has started her own business and become an 'entrepreneur'.

Maybe that's part of why she has become pro-Romney?

by Anonymousreply 3108/03/2012

Um...Tessa Virtue and Yu-Na aren't even U.S. Citizens.

That being said, I'm a bit disappointed because I really liked her as a skater (more as a pro), but if I can like Roman Polanski's movies, I can still enjoy Yamaguchi's skating. And yes I did just make an analogy between rape and Republican thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 3208/03/2012

I was at a dinner with her...this handsome man and I kept making eye-contact. He was off in the corner waiting. I was with a bunch of straight people and I was too drunk to make a move, and then low and behold Kristi sits down a table over and the guy is her husband. She seemed like a great mom...her kid is really cute. I was disappointed tho! I just googled her hubbie - he doesn't photograph well, but he's hot in person.

by Anonymousreply 3308/05/2012

In the ad, they mention how Romney kept the games safe. Does anyone else remember the park bombing and the subsequent arrest of an innocent man? Also, am I hearing the ad wrong or does the ad mention Romney made the Olympics safe AFTER September 11th?

by Anonymousreply 3408/05/2012

[quote]Does anyone else remember the park bombing and the subsequent arrest of an innocent man?

Those were at the Atlanta Summer Olympics in 1996. Alas, Romney had nothing to do with them--he was involved in the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 3508/05/2012

Sarah Hughes is a right-winger?? Say it ain't so!

by Anonymousreply 3608/05/2012

Sarah Hughes is Mitt Romneys bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3708/05/2012

I like Kirsty and Sarah, but no their politics.

by Anonymousreply 3808/05/2012

R33, her husband is Bret Hedican, a former NHL player. Wouldn't surprise me that he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 3908/05/2012

Just because Sarah Hughes posed with Romney for a photo at the 2002 Olympics doesn't mean she is a Republican. She was only a teenager then, and she was an athlete at the event.

by Anonymousreply 4008/05/2012

That photo is from 2012 R40. She started hanging with Romney in 2002 - 10 years ago.

But as Michelle RepubliKwan was GW Bushs world cultural ambassador and a Bush campaigner, Sarah Hughes looks better (unless Romney wins against Obama).

by Anonymousreply 4108/05/2012

I always found Kristi to be rather funny-looking, with her flat head and frog-like mouth. Let the Repubs have her.

by Anonymousreply 4208/05/2012

Inexplicable. Must be a culty-cunty thing.

by Anonymousreply 4308/05/2012

Margaret Cho is a huge romney supporter.

by Anonymousreply 4408/05/2012

Cho campaigned for Hillary Clinton R44. If you want to make up stuff, go to the Free Republic, where everyone makes up stuff.

by Anonymousreply 4508/05/2012

is Margaret Cho the one who's a big fan of Jeff Stryker?

by Anonymousreply 4608/05/2012

Johnny Weir has even called out some of these Republican women of Figure Skating. Including their leader, Michelle Kwan.

None of the male figure skaters care for or associate with Rachel Flatt, so she must be well into the anti-gay Jesus World.

Jamie Sale doesn't like Johnny Weir and has attacked him publicly.

by Anonymousreply 4708/06/2012

[quote]Jamie Sale doesn't like Johnny Weir and has attacked him publicly.

Which is ironic considering she is a cheating slut who's had affairs with 2 married men and broken up 2 marriages.

She is now divorced from David Pelletier (who she stole from his first wife) and is now married to hockey player Craig Simpson who she stole from HIS wife.

by Anonymousreply 4808/06/2012

Kristi Yamaguchi is a fundy from wayyy back.

by Anonymousreply 4908/08/2012

Hypocrisy is a fundamental Republican trait R48

by Anonymousreply 5009/03/2012

I have many Asian friends. Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Sri Lankan & Filipino. Not a single one of them is a Republican. All are strong Obama supporters.

by Anonymousreply 5109/03/2012

I wonder what path Kwan's life would have taken had she won the Olympic gold medals she obsessed over, but never won.

by Anonymousreply 5209/12/2012

Kristi Yamaguchi is the anti-gay center of US figure skating today, a post taken over from Scott Hamilton.

by Anonymousreply 5303/31/2013

Where is all this stuff that Krisi is Anti-Gay coming from?

Isn't she very close friends with Brian Boitano?

by Anonymousreply 5403/31/2013

If like Yamaguchi, you make several maximum cash contributions to and make a commercial for a man who thinks homosexuality is a disease, you also are anti-gay.

Brian Boitano is "Scientology Gay", "Vatican Gay", Republican Party Gay" whatever term works for you.

Brian Boitano not a mentally healthy gay man, and closeted like a Scientologist.

by Anonymousreply 5503/31/2013

She's not anti-gay. People just have to attach someone as being anti-gay because they support a Right Winger. God forbid there be other reasons they support someone.

by Anonymousreply 5603/31/2013

Kristi Yamacunti is more like it.

by Anonymousreply 5703/31/2013

"God forbid there be other reasons they support" the KKK too R56? Just using your own logic.

Obviously being anti-gay is not an issue for you, but for the gay community, it is a very, VERY big deal.

by Anonymousreply 5803/31/2013

Maybe Kristi should move up to Canada.

Skate Canada doesn't like homosexuals either, plus they elected an anti-gay Evangelical leader (Harper) already.

Kristi would really feel more at home in Canada these days, she trained in Edmonton years ago, so she knows the place already.

by Anonymousreply 5903/31/2013

That makes no sense. Youre making a statement that she's anti-gay just because she's a Republican. Unless she's actually made statements that are anti-gay, you can't label her as such.

It's amazing how we can ask for tolerance and yet not give it.

by Anonymousreply 6003/31/2013

[quote]Unless she's actually made statements that are anti-gay, you can't label her as such.It's amazing how we can ask for tolerance and yet not give it.

You back-of-the-bus gays are so pathetic. She supports anti-gay bigots financially and by doing publicity for them (Romney for example). Most gays are sensible enough to know EXACTLY what that means. But log cabin idiots like R60 who refuse to accept the truth about some celebrity they like, deserve to be where they are...the back of the bus.

by Anonymousreply 6103/31/2013

So you believe in everything your political party supports 100%?

Because believe what you want, it seems more idiotic to make blanket statements about someone because of their political party.

Not that you'd grasp that.

by Anonymousreply 6203/31/2013

You know..... I don't like the whole murdering the Jews thing, but the SS make such tasty appetizers which they serve free with schnapps.

by Anonymousreply 6303/31/2013

Ha ha her lousy candidate lost.

by Anonymousreply 6403/31/2013

It's about time you all wised-up to that horrid CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 6503/31/2013

Oh, if only Midori Ido hadn't fucked up her technical program in Albertville, no one would be listening to that flat-headed, frog-faced bitch Kristi.

by Anonymousreply 6603/31/2013

Hated her since jump.

by Anonymousreply 6703/31/2013

R56, you're a mental defective. Seriously, it's idiots like you that are what's wrong with the world, excusing ignorant bigotry as if it's just some arcane policy that doesn't affect anyone, when it's clearly the core of their belief system.

by Anonymousreply 6803/31/2013

R62 is an idiot.

R63 makes a brilliant little comment exposing exactly why.

But hey, Hitler made the trains run on time, so he's not ALL bad, right?

Romney is evil, and so is the entire Republican party, for a vast number of reasons... their ignorant anti-gay bigotry and hatred is just one symptom of it all.

If you support them, you ARE anti-gay, and you ARE part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 6903/31/2013

Kristi Yamaguchi is part of the problem.

So is Yuki Saegusa, Kristis IMG agent and biggest promoter.

by Anonymousreply 7003/31/2013

Girls! Girls!

You're all awful, useless, heinous cunts!

by Anonymousreply 7103/31/2013

US Figure Skating is actually starting to distance itself front the anti-gay Republican skaters like Kristi Yamaguchi and Scott Hamilton. Even Kwan recently left her Republican roots.

The Republican operated skating franchise, Stars on Ice, is basically dead now, doing only 6 shows this year. If it were not for Canadas 12 shows, Stars on Ice might not even continue next year. (For some reason Canada's skating fanbase is very right wing).

Once figure skating sheds its right wing roots, the showbiz types should come back in and start re-inventing the skating shows again for the next generation, which only helps the skaters as training is very expensive.

Kristi Yamaguchi is a skater from a past era, which is never coming back.

by Anonymousreply 7203/31/2013

Scott Hamilton is the really nasty one of the 2.

Kristi Yamaguchi is just Republican-Dumb. I wonder if she named her kid Tig?

by Anonymousreply 7304/01/2013

Seems fitting that my old college roommate and I called her Kristi Yank-my-coochie.

by Anonymousreply 7404/01/2013

Brain Boitano should just join Scientology already.

by Anonymousreply 7504/01/2013

One wonders if race had anything to do with Kristi Yamaguchi's Romney commercial. There is a bit of an Asian/Black hostility thing going on in the USA. I think there is more to this than, Kristi Yamaguchi is just not that bright and is homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 7604/02/2013

Race played a factor in her decision, no doubt what so ever!

by Anonymousreply 7704/03/2013

She has the support of all the figure skating Republican women of Canada. Sandra Bezic, PJ Kwong, Jamie Sale etc. They all stick together.

by Anonymousreply 7807/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!