Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Christopher Nolan

I saw The Dark Knight Rises last night. I liked it a lot. It occurred to me that Nolan has worked with many of the actors more than once. They must like him.

by Anonymousreply 1301/10/2014

Cillian Murphy is one of those. Nolan must have a sense of appreciation for talent and how to treat it.

by Anonymousreply 107/29/2012

Thanks for sharing, OP.

by Anonymousreply 207/29/2012

Is this meant to be some sort of test post? Like, to see whether your keyboard is working properly?

This is the stupidest post I have ever seen here.

by Anonymousreply 307/29/2012

Despite being compared to Kubrick all the time, Nolan doesn't have that same egotistical, tyrant personality where he abuses actors. Actors tend to adore him, similar to Tarantino and Scorsese.

by Anonymousreply 407/29/2012

Who compares him to Kubrick? I can't think of two more different filmmakers. I can't see Kubrick making a film about a man in a cape.

by Anonymousreply 507/29/2012

[quote]This is the stupidest post I have ever seen here.

You must have just found this site today, then.

by Anonymousreply 607/29/2012

Yet he makes such shitty movies.

by Anonymousreply 707/29/2012

with which of his actresses has he slept with?

by Anonymousreply 801/05/2013

Any gossip?

by Anonymousreply 901/08/2014

HM

by Anonymousreply 1001/08/2014

r9 apparently gets around, wife is not thrilled but puts up with it.

An old bit of gossip here claimed that he allegedly slept with a PR flack in NYC, and she was a bit chatty about it. Word got back to his wife and he ended it.

He doesn't like working with real actors. All of the name actors he works with are in paycheque roles. To his credit, Gary Oldman said as much. He creates a decent atmosphere on set, so they like it. Oldman even said a major reason he took TDK role was to be able to get home to his kids.

He didn't get along with DiCaprio for that reason. He takes the acting seriously, and likes to develop the character in depth.

by Anonymousreply 1101/09/2014

"Cillian Murphy is one of those. Nolan must have a sense of appreciation for talent and how to treat it."

Mmm, yes, talent.

by Anonymousreply 1201/10/2014

Matthew McConaughey stars in the upcoming Interstellar with DL fave AnnE Hathaway and Jessica Chastain. A teaser trailer (that reveals nothing) is up. Supposedly it's the story of Kip Thorne and his search for wormholes.

by Anonymousreply 1301/10/2014
Need more help? Click Here.