Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

From 2002

Our government intervention in the economy and in the private affairs of citizens, and the internal affairs of foreign countries, leads to uncertainty and many unintended consequences. Here are some of the consequences about which we should be concerned.

I predict U.S. taxpayers will pay to rebuild Palestine, both the West Bank and the Gaza, as well as Afghanistan. U.S. taxpayers paid to bomb these areas, so we will be expected to rebuild them.

Peace, of sorts, will come to the Middle East, but will be short-lived. There will be big promises of more U.S. money and weapons flowing to Israel and to Arab countries allied with the United States.

U.S. troops and others will be used to monitor the "peace."

In time, an oil boycott will be imposed, with oil prices soaring to historic highs.

Current Israeli-United States policies will solidify Arab Muslim nations in their efforts to avenge the humiliation of the Palestinians. That will include those Muslim nations that in the past have fought against each other.

(the ongoing EU/USGov supported and funded "Arab Spring")

Some of our moderate Arab allies will be overthrown by Islamic fundamentalists.

The U.N. will continue to condemn, through resolutions, Israeli-U.S. policies in the Middle East, and they will be ignored.

Some European countries will clandestinely support the Muslim countries and their anti-Israel pursuits.

China, ironically assisted by American aid, much more openly will sell to militant Muslims the weapons they want, and will align herself with the Arab nations.

The United States, with Tony Blair as head cheerleader, will attack Iraq without proper authority, and a major war, the largest since World War II, will result.

Major moves will be made by China, India, Russia, and Pakistan in Central Asia to take advantage of the chaos for the purpose of grabbing land, resources, and strategic advantages sought after for years.

The Karzai government will fail, and U.S. military presence will end in Afghanistan.

An international dollar crisis will dramatically boost interest rates in the United States.

(just wait)

Price inflation, with a major economic downturn, will decimate U.S. Federal Government finances, with exploding deficits and uncontrolled spending.

(have you bought bread, milk, eggs, meat, etc.)

Federal Reserve policy will continue at an expanding rate, with massive credit expansion, which will make the dollar crisis worse. Gold will be seen as an alternative to paper money as it returns to its historic role as money.

(gold 2002- $300, gold 2012- $1600)

Erosion of civil liberties here at home will continue as our government responds to political fear in dealing with the terrorist threat by making generous use of the powers obtained with the Patriot Act.

(NDAA, drones, random checks)

The draft will be reinstated, causing domestic turmoil and resentment.

(just wait, unless liberals wake up and realize the Democrats are just Republicans who pretend to care about the little people)

Many American military personnel and civilians will be killed in the coming conflict.

(how many dead kids now?)

The leaders of whichever side loses the war will be hauled into and tried before the International Criminal Court for war crimes. The United States will not officially lose the war, but neither will we win. Our military and political leaders will not be tried by the International Criminal Court.

The Congress and the President will shift radically toward expanding the size and scope of the Federal Government. This will satisfy both the liberals and the conservatives.

Military and police powers will grow, satisfying the conservatives. The welfare state, both domestic and international, will expand, satisfying the liberals. Both sides will endorse military adventurism overseas.

This is the most important of my predictions: Policy changes could prevent all of the previous predictions from occurring. Unfortunately, that will not occur. In due course, the Constitution will continue to be steadily undermined and the American Repu

by Anonymousreply 2301/29/2013

OP = Ron Paul

by Anonymousreply 107/27/2012

Are you proud of the fact that you were wrong about most of it, OP?

by Anonymousreply 409/04/2012

OP, What in your life, or from your childhood, do you really fear?

by Anonymousreply 509/04/2012

Man, the Paul trolls just never give up, do they? Here are some more Ron Paul predictions:

"An international dollar crisis will dramatically boost interest rates in the US."

"Price inflation with a major economic downturn will decimate US goverment finances and exploding deficits and uncontrolled spending."

"Gold will be seen as an alternative to paper money as it returns to its historic role as money."

"Hyperinflation will consume America."

"We're in the midst of inflation."

"I think the wave of the future is inflation. It’s just beginning ... to the point that the dollar will be rejected as the reserve currency of the world. If there’s a panic out of the dollar you will see the destruction of the dollar rather quickly. The end stages of a currency comes quickly."

(From 1981!): "I believe such a standard [i.e., the gold standard] to be not only desirable and feasible, but absolutely necessary if we aim to avoid the very real possibility of hyperinflation in the near future, and economic collapse."

Obviously and embarrassingly false.

(June, 2011): "Inflation will hit 50% "in the next couple of years."

In short, Ron Paul has been repeatedly and consistently wrong for more than 30 years!

by Anonymousreply 609/04/2012

[quote]I'm curious

No you're not. You're regurgitating tired old crap that you've posted verbatim before. You have your mindset and your fantasy world and those are sufficient for you. Sad, really.

I must admit to being curious about one thing, myself: why are you not able to address the legitimate refutation and criticism that is offered up every time you start these threads? And even acknowledge, much less correct, your many factual errors?

[quote]How many people here think they don't pay enough in taxes

Taxes are at historically low levels. And they will have to be raised if you're serious about the deficit, which Ron Paul claims to be. If you (and he) were really serious about your deficit rants, you'd acknowledge this and support it. You're not, of course, so you won't.

[quote]or do not have enough regulations at every level of society

The absence of regulation nearly brought down the entire financial system and very nearly precipitated another Great Depression. So no, we don't have enough. Restoring Glass-Steagall would do for a start. It's amazing how well we did when it was in place and how quickly things went to hell when it was removed.

[quote]or think we do not spend enough on foreign wars and domestic spying

No argument here. Unfortunately, that has nothing to do with your other statements.

[quote]or that inflation is too low

I want people working again and a little inflation to achieve that goal is not too high a price to pay.

[quote]All of those things are intimately related, and you can't eliminate one without the others.

You do realize that most of these things are not at all "intimately related," right? And that you're basically making shit up because you can't argue on the basis of facts or reality? Just checking.

by Anonymousreply 709/04/2012

[quote]The simplicity of [R7] characterizes the level of discourse in the media. She refuses to see what is unpleasant.

ROFL.... You can't respond to the points I raised so you have to go for a personal attack instead? Typical.

[quote]Protecting the government from criticism, no matter the crime, is all that matters.

Do tell, R8. Can you point to anything I've written that "protect[ed] the government from criticism?" Here's a free clue for you: pointing out that Ron Paul is an idiot who's been consistently wrong for 30 years says nothing at all about "protecting the government."

[quote]Notice she does not debunk the fact that the CIA has invaded, assassinated and destroyed in service of TPTB- just cast aspersions based on appeals to authority.

Before I can "debunk" a "fact," you have to first demonstrate that it is a "fact." Sadly, I doubt you know the difference between fact and fiction. Most of what you're so proud of in that original post is simply false and did not come to pass. Ron Paul has a decades-long history of being consistently and horribly wrong.

Oh, and you really should learn your logical fallacies, since my criticisms of Ron Paul aren't based on "appeals to authority;" they're based on comparing Ron Paul's predictions to what actually happened. No "appeal to authority" offered or required.

[quote]What a perfect Nazi!

ROFL.... And what a perfect invocation of Godwin's Law. Thanks for confirming that you have no argument to make and no data to support your silliness.

What's hilarious is that you keep doing this even though you keep getting your ass handed to you time and time again, mostly because you don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about and you don't know how to respond when someone points out reality to you.

by Anonymousreply 909/05/2012

[quote]Someone too stupid to realize that the CIA has invaded, assassinated and destroyed entire countries- despite thousands of scholarly works pointing out specific incidents and tying them with The Company- and too simple to actually provide an actual defense, just more bullshit.

ROFLMAO.... Dear heart, you can read, right? I mean, simple printed words are within your capacity to comprehend? Do point out to me anywhere on this thread I even mentioned the CIA? I simply pointed out to you that Ron Paul is full of shit and has been full of shit for more than 30 years. And that most of that 2002 rant never came to pass. Do I need to use smaller words, dear?

by Anonymousreply 1109/06/2012

[quote]You pull a quote about the CIA, and then claim you've never mentioned it. Pathetic.

ROFL.... So you pulled something out of your ass that has nothing to do with your original post and that is unsupported by anything resembling actual data and *I'm* the "pathetic" one? The mind boggles at the sheer cluelessness. Oh, wait, no it doesn't, since you've been here before, countless times. And the result is the same, every single time.

You are funny, though, so at least you're good for something, even if your slavish devotion to Ron Paul and his idiotic economic policies makes you a figure of ridicule.

by Anonymousreply 1309/07/2012

[quote]You are saying that the CIA has not been active in revolutions, assassinations, and the oh-so-Orwellian "regime changes" over the last 70 years? Can everyone see that [R13] knows nothing about history or politics or economics?

ROFL.... No, dear, that's not what I'm saying, which is why you can't find a post where I said that. This conversation would go ever so much better if you would respond to what I write rather than to those little voices in your head.

I will note that you still haven't responded to my post of all of those times when Ron Paul was full of shit and where his predictions failed to even come close to coming true. Is that why you're trying so pathetically to counter-attack with this drivel about the CIA, because you can't bear to think about your hero being stupidly and embarrassingly wrong for more than 30 years?

by Anonymousreply 1609/07/2012

R6, you pointed out that you thought that government finances were good, that interest rates would stay low, and that the dollar was sound.

Care to elaborate?

by Anonymousreply 1709/16/2012

R16, if you'd pointed out any that will not come true as our government spends our future, I would respond.

by Anonymousreply 1809/16/2012

[quote]you pointed out that you thought that government finances were good, that interest rates would stay low, and that the dollar was sound.

Actually, I didn't "point out" anything even remotely resembling that. This conversation would go so much better if you would read, and respond to, what I actually wrote rather than continually making shit up and responding to that.

[quote]if you'd pointed out any that will not come true as our government spends our future, I would respond.

ROFL.... Uh-huh, so the fact that Ron Paul has been totally and consistently wrong for more than thirty years now is fine with you because maybe someday what he's predicting will finally "come true as our government spends our future." And until that imaginary day comes to pass, you'd much rather cling to your fantasy and your economic religion.

Says a lot about you.

by Anonymousreply 1909/18/2012

Moron, bumping all of your old threads to post the same shit in each one just makes you look even more like the idiot troll that you are. Give it a rest.

by Anonymousreply 2110/10/2012

Because you're a moron and a spammer, R22. This really isn't rocket science. Still waiting for that 50% hyperinflation that your hero, Ron Paul, predicted.

by Anonymousreply 2301/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!