Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Victor Blackwell: CNN's Newest Weekend Anchor, Correspondent

Victor Blackwell will join the network as the co-host of CNN Newsroom on Saturday mornings, alongside Randi Kaye.

by Anonymousreply 9305/04/2014

He looks like an upstanding guy. I wish him well.

by Anonymousreply 107/26/2012

He sounds like a soap opera character.

by Anonymousreply 207/26/2012

perfect fo CNN

by Anonymousreply 307/26/2012

CNN? Is that still on the air?

by Anonymousreply 710/27/2012

r4 Is right. It seems like all the black anchors are stuck in the weekend ghetto. Anderson was off the other week, why didn't they have Victor Blackwell fill in for him? Guess they don't want blacks in prime time.

by Anonymousreply 903/02/2013

Another black in the weekend they say in the biz.

by Anonymousreply 1003/02/2013

That surname is just too obvious.

by Anonymousreply 1103/03/2013

Are they pairing him with Brianna Keilar for the weekend show?

by Anonymousreply 1203/03/2013

I am assuming he is gay. I guess CNN is where all the gay male news anchors work.

by Anonymousreply 1403/03/2013

Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper are CNN's flagship news anchors.

But it looks like they're trying to push Don Lemon out as he anchored weekends on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 1503/03/2013

He's no Craig Melvin

by Anonymousreply 1603/03/2013

Anderson likes dark meat has he slept with Victor yet? They would make a cute couple.

by Anonymousreply 1703/03/2013

He is a little darker than Soledad.

by Anonymousreply 1803/03/2013

Why are you talking about Victor's color? Cooper looks like an albino rabbit.

by Anonymousreply 1903/03/2013

Looks like it's Victor and Brianna.

by Anonymousreply 2003/10/2013

Found a clip

by Anonymousreply 2103/10/2013

Where was he before?

by Anonymousreply 2203/10/2013

There are no bad times in cable news. He will be seen by people around the world. It's 9pm somewhere in the world when he's anchoring.

by Anonymousreply 2303/10/2013

He's pretty good but who's at home on the weekend? CNN is up to their same ole tricks. Diversity only on the weekends and on special assignment. Isn't this why they suck in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 2403/11/2013

He is new, right? So, you wouldn't place him in a spotlight position at first. Let's see what happens in a couple years.

by Anonymousreply 2503/11/2013

R25 You don't have to see what happens in a couple of years. Just ask Don Lemon, Soledad O'brien, or Fredricka Whitfield. They know exactly what happens!

by Anonymousreply 2603/11/2013

Blackwell by day, Black Very Well by night

by Anonymousreply 2703/11/2013

What happened to Don?

by Anonymousreply 2803/11/2013

Don Lemon has been with CNN for years only to be relegated to 2 hours on the weekend while NEWBIES like Tapper, Burnette, and Cuomo have their own shows so saying that Blackwell is new, give him a couple of years is hogwash. CNN is very racist towards it's minority journalist and it's very obvious.

by Anonymousreply 2903/12/2013

Erin is not a newbie. She's an annoying pro 1 percenter, but she has her own show because she has star power. Cuomo has the name. Who's Tapper?

by Anonymousreply 3003/12/2013

Tamron Hall is the only journalist at MSNBC during the week. Al Sharpton, as much as I like him isn't a journalist.

At least for a while, CNN did have two black journalists, Suzanne Malveaux and Soledad O'brien.

by Anonymousreply 3103/12/2013

The point of this commentary is CNN not having african american journalist. It's how their minority journalist are treated. They are either on early in the morning or 1 to 2 hours over the weekend.

CNN is no comparison to MSNBC when it comes to diversity. MSNBC has a whole slew of minority anchors that come on weekdays and weekends including Tamron Hall, Al Sharpton,Toure, Alex Wagner (who is fillipino), Richard Lu (asian-american), Martin Bashir (from Pakistan), Melissa Harris-Perry who has 2 full hours with topics of her choice. Chris Hayes, Thomas Roberts, and Rachael Maddow, openly gay on MSNBC and it's been that way for years. I love MSNBC. They are an amazing organization!

There is no comparison. CNN sucks when it comes to diversity and Suzanne Malveaux? Had no idea she was black.

by Anonymousreply 3203/12/2013

Chris Hayes isn't gay, I'm sorry to report.

by Anonymousreply 3303/12/2013

Well he sure as hell acts like it.

by Anonymousreply 3403/12/2013

[quote]Well he sure as hell acts like it.

What a dumb, homophobic comment.

by Anonymousreply 3503/12/2013

Not as dumb as your font stalker!

by Anonymousreply 3603/12/2013

Doesn't have the taste of my weekend Lemon. Or the sex of T.J.

by Anonymousreply 3703/12/2013

[quote]Not as dumb as your font stalker!

That doesn't even make any sense. R36 is not only homophobic and stupid, but also crazy.

by Anonymousreply 3803/12/2013

R35 You can't accuse other posters of being homophobic because they say Chris Hayes acts gay (feminine) and in the same breath praise Anderson Cooper for perpetuating THAT same stereotype everyday by "queening out" on his daytime show so that he can make the audience laugh (at ) him not (with) him.

Although people like you want it both ways YOU can't have it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 3903/12/2013

I'm not r35, but where do you see any reference to Anderson Cooper in his post, R39?

By the way, I do agree that it's a bit homophobic for you to say that Chris Hayes "act gay" (or feminine as you claim). You seem to have rather stereotypical views about these things, which begs the question, what are you doing here?

by Anonymousreply 4003/12/2013

I know who you are R38 and so does everyone else. Your the resident AC troll(s) that will create threads about anything cnn only to slowly interject Anderson and his whore within that thread. Theres nobody in this thread CRAZIER and DUMBER than you sweetheart!

R38 and R40 you are AC freeper trolls.

by Anonymousreply 4103/12/2013

CNN and I share the same taste for black men.

by Anonymousreply 4203/12/2013

[R32] Al Sharpton and Melissa Harris-Perry aren't journalists. Yes they both anchor and do excellent jobs, but they aren't journalists. Toure used to be a journalist, but since joining the cycle has become more of a political commentator.

MHP by the way is on the weekends, Although MSNBC does have diversity among commenters, they have very little among actual journalists.

by Anonymousreply 4303/12/2013

Fuckin' racist piece of shit. You probably think he like watermelon and tap dances.

by Anonymousreply 4403/12/2013

Anderson Cooper is not a JOURNALIST either. He is now a boring talk show host. By the way I'm not going to split hairs with you. MSNBC has a lot more diversity with their line-up of journalist on weekdays and weekends. More than cnn ever will and that's why they have been successful. The people that I mentioned previously have their own shows and are not "commenters". End of story.

by Anonymousreply 4503/12/2013

Vic Blackwell came to CNN from main evening co-anchor at WPBF (ABC) in West Palm Beach.

by Anonymousreply 4603/12/2013

[R45]What does Anderson Cooper have to do with anything? We are talking about minority journalists not Anderson Cooper.

When did political activism equal journalism? When did serving as a professor of political science make MHP a journalist? Yes they both have unique insights, I love watching them but they aren't journalists. MSNBC has "contributors" they do provide great insights but aren't journalists. The only black journalists MSNBC has is Tamron Hall and Craig Melvin.

by Anonymousreply 4703/12/2013

That's because R41/R45 is obsessed with Anderson Cooper, r47. She has to bring him up in every single thread even if he has little to do with the topic at hand, because apparently she has no other reason to live but to whine and bitch about him. What a loser!

by Anonymousreply 4803/12/2013

That's sad [R48], CNN has more talent than just Anderson Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 4903/12/2013

Bullshit R47 now shut up and except the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about! There are at least 6 minorities that have there own shows on MSNBC. Cnn has only 1.

It's interesting to see the benderfrau get upset when someone disagrees with them.

Then they start saying things like "your obsessed", "your crazy", when they are the crazy ones. That is their only response. The steroids must have scrambled your brains. Unlike yourself R47 I have a life and will post whatever I want and whenever I want and wherever I want no matter how bent out of shape you get. It's actually quite funny.

by Anonymousreply 5003/12/2013

R48 You seem like the most miserable benderfrau. You must be the repressed "bitch" in the relationship. Do you not have a say in your relationship? Do you feel like a dumbass? Are you angry because your life didn't turn out the way you wanted it too? Do you feel invisible? Does your man not give you enough attention? Do you feel like you're wasting your time?

Talk about it. It may help you feel better:-)

by Anonymousreply 5103/12/2013

All one needs to do to realize that R50/R51 is a true nut case is to read her barely literate posts. On top of that, it sounds like she has major anger issues. Not a good combo.

by Anonymousreply 5203/12/2013

Why so much anger overall?

Everyone is assuming the worst.

by Anonymousreply 5303/12/2013

I'm very curious to know who R51 believes I am when she posted this about me:

[quote]You must be the repressed "bitch" in the relationship. Do you not have a say in your relationship? Do you feel like a dumbass? Are you angry because your life didn't turn out the way you wanted it too? Do you feel invisible? Does your man not give you enough attention? Do you feel like you're wasting your time?

There's crazy, there's batshit crazy, and then there's R51, who brings insanity to a whole new level.

by Anonymousreply 5403/12/2013

I wonder what Don Lemon really thinks of CNN at this point, especially since Soledad is on her way out. I guess they are paying him enough to keep quiet because he was quite a rambunctious personality at his previous gigs. I like that people associate him with weekend evenings on CNN. I think they should do more segments of him in the field during the week and use them on Saturday and Sunday during the live show. CNN is just full of wasted opportunities and talent.

by Anonymousreply 5503/12/2013

[R50]Tamron Hall, Alex Wagner and Martin Bashir are the only weekday minority anchors. Richard Lu is a rotating anchor, he doesn't have his own show.

CNN has Soledad O'Brien, Suzanne Malveaux, Fredricka Whitfield, Don Lemon and Ali Velshi. I think that's more than one.

by Anonymousreply 5603/12/2013

Does Fox have any black anchors or reporters?

by Anonymousreply 5703/12/2013

They're not allowed on the network r57

by Anonymousreply 5803/13/2013

Fox news has Harris Faulkner and Uma Pemmaraju as anchors. And like MSNBC whole lot of commentators.

by Anonymousreply 5903/13/2013

Why are only white people covering the choosing of the new pope? CNN should have sent over a black anchor. Instead they send the two whitest people they have, Chris Cuomo and Anderson Cooper. Why couldn't they send Don or Victor? CNN is racist. They have no person of color in their prime time line up nor do they let people of color fill in when a prime time anchor was off. Anderson was off for a week back in February and instead of having someone like Victor fill in they had Chris Cuomo and Jake Tapper fill in instead. I'd like to see Victor fill in on Anderson's show. I think he'd do a good job.

by Anonymousreply 6003/13/2013

[R50]Tamron Hall, Alex Wagner and Martin Bashir are the only weekday minority anchors. Richard Lu is a rotating anchor, he doesn't have his own show.]

That's more than enough diversity for me and a lot of other viewers out there. They are leaving CNN in the dirt as far as viewership R56. Don't hate on them. Live and learn under informed benderfrau! Case Closed.

by Anonymousreply 6103/14/2013

CNN has at least as much diversity as MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 6203/14/2013

[All one needs to do to realize that [R50]/[R51] is a true nut case is to read her barely literate posts. On top of that, it sounds like she has major anger issues. Not a good combo.]

R52,R54 Are mentally deranged benderfrau. Every-time someone calls them out on it they get really pissed off and start acting juvenile. I find it rather amusing when one lashes out at me.

These two nincompoops create any thread regarding anderson cooper, his trade bf, and cnn. The Victor Blackwell thread, Gio Benitez, and Pablo threads where all created by the benderfrau and not AC haters (although they will deny this and probably close this thread). I don't understand the reasoning behind this but I don't run from bullies. They also create "multiple" post with different IP addresses so they won't get tripped by trolldar.

This so called anger that you say I have is only a REACTION to the aggression I receive when I speak my mind...... and I will continue to speak my mind. Sometimes I will respond to you and sometimes I will ignore you. That's all up to me. If you call me names I will call you names even worse. Words don't effect me. You don't run control this site.

Why you mad boo?

by Anonymousreply 6303/14/2013

[CNN has at least as much diversity as MSNBC.}

CNN prides themselves on hiring old, white, middle-aged men and that is a FACT. Anderson Cooper, Jake Tapper, Chris Cuomo, George Gergin, Wolf Blitzer to name a few. They have no one that represents young people for instance Chris Hayes, Ezra Klein, Chruystal Ball, and Toure of msnbc are a good representation of young america and how they feel. The minorities that are on CNN are usually on for 5 seconds throughout the day like Isha Sesay or the weekends. That is a FACT. CNN ratings are atrocious and partly because they are too right winged and vanilla. That is a FACT.

You can keep your head in the dirt and talk about how great CNN is but the ratings speak for themselves. The anchors are nothing but a bunch of 1 per-centers that are more worried about what Obama will do to their 401k than what the country is really feeling about certain issues.

by Anonymousreply 6403/14/2013

They just made Victor Blackwell new weekend anchor. They still have Don, Suzanne, and others of color. They have a number of young women like Randi Kaye and Brianna Keilar.

The thread is about Victor, not how much CNN sucks.

by Anonymousreply 6503/14/2013

Bottom line: AC360 SUCKS!The Erin Burnette Show SUCKS! Wolf Blitzer SUCKS! Jack Tapper will probably SUCK! Brooke Baldwin SUCKS! Carol Costello SUCKS! Suzanne Malveaux SUCKS!

The only anchors that I watch from time to time is

1. Piers Morgan- I love his outspokenness.

2. Soledad Obrien- Again very forward and not afraid to speak her mind.

3. Don Lemon- Does not allow his guest to intimidate him.

4. Ashleigh Banfield- Lively anchor, a lot of spunk, and doesn' t buckle down to aggressive guest.

Other than that cnn SUCKS and the ratings prove that. It is a FACT.

by Anonymousreply 6603/14/2013

You like Piers? R66 That doesn't help your credibility.

by Anonymousreply 6703/15/2013

[R65] Young women like Randi Kaye and Brianna Keilar? Randi and Brianna are 13 years apart, Randi and Suzanne though are about the same age.

by Anonymousreply 6803/15/2013

[quote]This so called anger that you say I have is only a REACTION to the aggression I receive when I speak my mind...... and I will continue to speak my mind. Sometimes I will respond to you and sometimes I will ignore you. That's all up to me. If you call me names I will call you names even worse. Words don't effect me. You don't run control this site

OMG! We're all cowering in fear now because R63's threatening to speak her *mind* at will!

R63 couldn't help but bring her obsessive love/hate anti-AC troll craziness into a thread that wasn't meant to be about him to begin with.

Just keep in mind that YOU don't control this board either.

by Anonymousreply 6903/15/2013

[quote]Are mentally deranged benderfrau.

Ah "benderfrau". The sick, sad, hateful and pathetic troll who can't free her mind of Anderson Cooper no matter how much she tries to trash him here and elsewhere is the only one who uses that term. What she hates to admit is that the "benderfrau" have been RIGHT about EVERYTHING when it comes to his relationship with Ben and she is always dead wrong.

Back to Blackwell. I haven't watched him yet, but CNN really needs to work on diversity.

by Anonymousreply 7003/15/2013

You'd love to be a cunt wouldn't you? You'd love to have a pussy? That's why you can't keep that word out of your mouth. Sorry #bottomfeeder you are who you are.

by Anonymousreply 7105/01/2013

Victor and Brianna Keilar were on this morning. This exchange was actually funny.

by Anonymousreply 7208/03/2013

Noticing that there are few posts on this thread that are actually about Victor Blackwell.

by Anonymousreply 7308/04/2013

Where's my douche?

by Anonymousreply 7408/04/2013

Is Victor Blackwell gay? He really did have some sort of chemistry with Tim Gunn during their very fun interview.

by Anonymousreply 7508/04/2013

Don't know R75, but the interview with Gunn was excellent.

by Anonymousreply 7608/04/2013

Victor on a story about gay athletes and the Russian Olympics

by Anonymousreply 7708/04/2013

Did R64 just call me old?

by Anonymousreply 7808/04/2013

Yes R64

by Anonymousreply 7908/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 8008/23/2013

From the headline I was pretty sure he's black. CNN likes to put blacks on during the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 8108/23/2013

Yes, he's black.

by Anonymousreply 8208/23/2013

He's solid.

by Anonymousreply 8308/24/2013

Victor and Brianna Keilar 9/1

by Anonymousreply 8409/07/2013

Suzanne was with him today.

by Anonymousreply 8509/07/2013

And Christi Paul on Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 8609/08/2013

He seems to be working a lot with Christi.

by Anonymousreply 8711/23/2013

MEH -non news

by Anonymousreply 8811/23/2013

You turn to CNN for news R88?

by Anonymousreply 8911/23/2013

It is good to try to be well rounded- to many nut jobs on MSNBC anymore

by Anonymousreply 9011/23/2013

Was it necessary for him to disclose his sexuality during the "Duck Dynasty" discussion last weekend? (12/21/2103. Was it necessary for his guest in the flaming red blazer to also rub his gaiety in the face of the audience? Did we really need to know? Is CNN now officially the new "Fairy Channel"? My God!

by Anonymousreply 9112/23/2013

R91 - It is relevant.

by Anonymousreply 9212/23/2013

Just saw a a very unfortunate picture of Victor from his prom. He must have weighed 250 pounds. And he was dressed like a refugee from a Sergio Leone spaghetti western

by Anonymousreply 9305/04/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!