Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

TDKR Cast Gossip

Anyone have any gossip about the most recent Batman cast? Here are some rumors I've heard/read. No idea if they are true or not, but please feel free to add or debunk!

Christian Bale - I think we've all heard about his fetishes. Also into hardcore drugs. Didn't really associate with the cast on any of the 3 Batman films. Gary Oldman, in particular, wasn't very fond of him.

Gary Oldman - pretty conservative politically, but apparently a nice guy. Was really close with Heath Ledger on the TDK set.

Tom Hardy - bi-sexual, but no longer talking to the press about his past dalliances. Nice guy, but tries way too hard to hide his posh roots.

Cillian Murphy - bi? Rumored to have had an affair with Tom Hardy on the Inception set.

Anne Hathaway - rumored to have had an affair with Christian Bale on set.

Chris Nolan - Heard a really long, bizarre rumor about him having an affair with Marion on the Inception set, which let to her demanding a role in TDKR. Sounds a bit silly to me, but Nolan is definitely NOT faithful to his wife, so who knows.

What else?

by Anonymousreply 8706/06/2014

What was his family life like growing up? Never heard about this.

by Anonymousreply 207/25/2012

Why doesn't anyone ever talk about me? Am I that boring?

by Anonymousreply 307/25/2012

Tom Hardy would never describe himself as bisexual now. He's on the straight path for good as far as the public is concerned.

by Anonymousreply 407/25/2012

I don't even think Cillian is Tom's type. Vice versa. More gossip please.

by Anonymousreply 507/25/2012

Someone on the 'Anne Hathaway is going to win an Oscar for Les Mis' thread said that she was high maintenance and a bitch. I tried to find the thread but can't locate it.

by Anonymousreply 607/25/2012

Any dirt on Michael Caine?

by Anonymousreply 707/25/2012

Michelle Pfeiffer stomps all over her.

by Anonymousreply 807/25/2012

Yes, dear you are.

Sorry, but your brother was more interesting.

You can hide it well, but you're a still a bland hipster who takes himself way too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 907/25/2012

You're also too ugly to be a lead actor.

by Anonymousreply 1007/25/2012

Anne Hathaway is extremely nice and pleasant. To everyone.

It may be an act but it's an act she never lets up.

by Anonymousreply 1107/25/2012

I think it's an act, R11. She was so fake at the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 1207/25/2012

I like JGL and would love to hear gossip about him.

by Anonymousreply 1307/25/2012

More JGL,Bale and Hardy gossip please.

by Anonymousreply 1407/25/2012

r13 he's a misogynist and in denial about his brother ODing.

by Anonymousreply 1507/25/2012

IKR? That thing about the brother is weird as hell.

by Anonymousreply 1607/25/2012

He loves women's underwear.

by Anonymousreply 1707/25/2012

JGL had a period of utter hawtness that seems to have run its course.

by Anonymousreply 1807/25/2012

That's photoshopped, r17.

by Anonymousreply 1907/25/2012

I thought JGL looked fantastic in TDKR. Loved his hair!

by Anonymousreply 2107/25/2012

Details on Nolan's philandering, please OP.

Pretty please.

by Anonymousreply 2207/25/2012

Where did the rumor about Cillian Murphy going gay come from? He is beeeeeautiful, but straight I thought (wife, kids).

by Anonymousreply 2307/25/2012

Yes R23 wife and kids always means straight.

by Anonymousreply 2407/25/2012

R1 / R22, I won't pretend that I have some kind of super inside track on Nolan's infidelities, but there was a story going around about a year ago involving him and a PR woman. The story went that the PR woman got a bit too chatty about the affair and word got back to Nolan's wife, who went ballistic. Nolan pretty much has his wife to thank for his career, so he quickly ended the affair and got back on track. Again, I don't know these things first hand, but I do have 2 friends that work within the industry here in NYC that told me about it.

On another Nolan note, he and Leo absolutely hated each other on the Inception set.

As for Cillian, R23, that rumor goes back years to the 28 Days Later era -- the wife & kids thing doesn't really mean anything. I was really intrigued by the Hardy rumor since the chemistry between them during the Inception junket was obvious...but maybe it was just wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 2507/25/2012

I heard that Cillian was sleeping with Christian.

by Anonymousreply 2607/25/2012

I remember reading a gossip item that pretty much outed Anne Hathaway as sleeping with Christian Bale.

by Anonymousreply 2707/25/2012

Lainey outed Bale&Hathaway affair.

by Anonymousreply 2807/25/2012

I meant JGL's attitude towards it is weird, r20. Such denial.

by Anonymousreply 2907/26/2012

people seem to prefer Jennifer Love-Hewitt over her brother Joseph.

by Anonymousreply 3007/26/2012

Bane is an asshole. Check out: Natalie Portman Basically Hates Christian Bale at This Point

by Anonymousreply 3107/26/2012

r31, if true, that's on Malick, not Bale. It's the director's job to guide the actor, give him a net where he feels safe, and realize when he's covering for other issues than "perfectionism".

Actors are notoriously insecure, especially Bale, who is highly strung and a heavy drug user. He is also very sensitive.

That kind of obsessive behaviour usually means the actor is lost, or terrified of being too emotionally raw.

I don't know why he was even cast for any kind of emotional, character driven role. He has no chemistry with women, and is not "charming" in the Clooney sense.

He does extreme, self-abusive characters who are emotionally crippled. Basically, he's played himself for 25 years.

He's not a good actor. He acts like a child actor, which is fine if you're a child. If not...

by Anonymousreply 3207/26/2012

Hardy looked terrifically hideous as Bane. You've got to admire his pluck - he's certainly not the kind of pretty boy who is concerned about how he looks on screen.

by Anonymousreply 3307/26/2012

Oops, sorry r29. My fault.

I wonder if JGL struggles with the fact that he couldn't get Dan to quit. Maybe he just accepted his drug use, never thinking he would OD. Now, he probably feels responsible.

The woman who was with Dan that night claimed he was very careful about his dosages. Apparently, that's why everyone was so upset and shocked, even though he was using.

JGL claimed he was very close to Dan; I don't think he would've started the music venture with him if he was a nasty, using fuck-up.

I am pissed off with celebs who can't handle their own (and their families) issues and blame the media, but I'm sad for them, too.

by Anonymousreply 3407/26/2012

Thank you very much, r25.

That fits with a blind about a director who had an affair, the wife suspected and the guy then tried to be the perfect father to placate her.

She confirmed it and went ballistic.

At the time, the popular guess was Affleck/Garner, but this fits much better.

The sad part was the guy was supposedly not that involved with the kids. I was always surprised they had a young family, given their professions.

by Anonymousreply 3507/26/2012

More about the Cillian Murphy gay rumors!

by Anonymousreply 3607/26/2012

[quote]On another Nolan note, he and Leo absolutely hated each other on the Inception set.

Of course they did.

Nolan has never directed a real actor. (Regardless of whether he's good or not, Leo's working method is intense and in-depth.)

Notice that all the "good" actors he casts are well past their sell by date (even Pacino); it's a high profile role with a big paycheque.

Gary Oldman bluntly stated that in an interview. He added that he could be home by 5 for his kids (he has a third family). Ditto Caine.

His projects have suffered greatly as a result.

In fairness to Nolan, I imagine having Scorsese on your dick for ten years could make your ego over-inflated.

by Anonymousreply 3707/26/2012

r25, I heard that here from a poster who claimed it was in a blind item.

Allegedly, it happened during the Batman Begins shoot.

Given we know Bale is a hardcore sub, and just looking at Murphy, that seems odd.

by Anonymousreply 3807/27/2012

[quote]Ali! I’m sorry to hear about the pipe, the flood, that beautiful kitchen!!! A riddle for your troubles? How about this? He strayed with an actress on the set of his recent film, and is now desperate to keep it from his wife, who suspected, but who was won over by a family holiday and his new doting attitude. Only now the other woman is upset, threatening to overturn the peace, so he’s been calling in favours everywhere else to get her cast in another movie she’s not actually right for, just to get her to shut up. The favours he’s using up however could jeopardise his own project, and the people who are counting on his participation are getting increasingly anxious that he might f-ck it up for everyone else. Major stress and sleepless nights. Not unlike how it would be to be quarantined to one room with four kids and a dog!

Are you talking about this BI? If it's Christopher Nolan who's the actress Ellen Page, Marion Cotillard maybe , she was god-awful in the DKR.

by Anonymousreply 3907/27/2012

Lainey stated that JGL had an affair with Michael'up his own ass' Pitt.

by Anonymousreply 4007/27/2012

r40 now that's a pairing I can get behind! Both seem like bottoms though...

by Anonymousreply 4107/28/2012

it was rumored to be Nolan and Page.

by Anonymousreply 4207/28/2012

Isn't Page a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 4307/28/2012

I'm a lesbian too.

by Anonymousreply 4407/28/2012

Wasn't there a rumor a few years ago about how that beautiful, straight, talented actress Ellen Page had an abortion after getting knocked up by an actor or director?

by Anonymousreply 4507/28/2012

(R45) that was john malkovich. always doubted that rumor

by Anonymousreply 4607/28/2012

John Malkovich had an abortion?

by Anonymousreply 4707/28/2012

Supposedly he's extremely fertile, r47.

by Anonymousreply 4807/28/2012

The idea of Malkovich doing anything sexual with anybody creeps me out.

That was the rumour, though. Page is supposedly bisexual for career advancement.

I guess Nolan didn't know when he (allegedly) slept with her that she was basically a dyke, thereby prone to lesbian drama.

I could easily see her angling for a TDKR role, which she is too short, cute and not sophisticated looking enough to play.

R41, I see JGL as versatile/experimental.

by Anonymousreply 4907/28/2012

Lainey gossip is mostly bullshit.

Bale didn't have a fling with Hathaway. He has pro-doms at his disposal in several major cities, including London, but considers that behaviour to be unrelated to his relationship to his wife. From what I've heard, she knows everything and is fine with it. She's not so fine about the physical abuse he periodically gives her, but she's learned to fight back.

JGL tries to be as low-profile as he can, and rarely dates or hooks up with fellow celebrities. He's straight.

Hardy is rather fucked in the head, and became more so while filming TDKR. When he's in that kind of mood, he's in a "fuck anything with a hole" frame of mind, regardless of what his flacks may or may not be claiming about his orientation.

There was no Nolan/Cotillard affair, and there most certainly was not a Nolan/Page affair, given that she's a notorious pussy hound.

Cillian Murphy is straight and spent only 2-3 days on set for each of the last two TDK films.

Oldman - nice but VERY intense guy, and detests bullshit of any kind. No weird sexual hijinks to report there. It's true that he and Bale have never gotten along.

by Anonymousreply 5007/28/2012

[quote]It's not so fine about the physical abuse he periodically gives her, but she's learned to fight back.

Is this related to his (alleged) drug binges? I heard the T4 rants were drug-based.

According to Sam Worthington (on Rove's last Aussie show) he had two flip outs, but he had a body mike for the second, hence the tape.

God I feel sorry for his kid. He must scare the shit out her. He seems to genuinely dote on her, so I hope he doesn't hit her too. (Not that the wife deserves it.)

What is Nolan like?-that blind about a director fucking around and the wife freaking out sounded like him--he even mentioned coming off a family vacation at around the same time.

by Anonymousreply 5107/28/2012

What's Wally Pfister like, 50?

I find him sexy as hell in a hot daddy kind of way. He also seems to be an old school crew guy.

I could see him getting a lot of action on location.

by Anonymousreply 5207/28/2012

TY R50 ! Can you elaborate on Hardy being fucked in the head please?

by Anonymousreply 5307/28/2012

Thank you, r50.

The 'fucked in the head' sounds almost like a mild bi-polar episode.

Bump for more.

by Anonymousreply 5407/29/2012

bump for propguy and others ;)

by Anonymousreply 5508/09/2012

Any gossip on Michael Caine? He seems like a nice guy so I wouldn't expect anything surprising from him.

But why didn't Oldman and Bale get along? It seems to me that Bale generally didn't get along with anyone on that set except Nolan.

by Anonymousreply 5708/09/2012

Caine was quite the drinker and womanizer in his day, but he's too old to do anything now.

Oldman needs to STFU about any actor, ever, after the shit he pulled when he was Bale's age. Maybe that's why he's intensely professional now, as r50 says.

He was a nasty, angry drunk who was also a hard user for many, many years before he got sober.

The Harry Potter Oldman is NOT the majority of his career. He is also *allegedly* a woman abuser who hit his girlfriends (including-again allegedly-Uma Thurman) so hard they were knocked out. I heard one rumour one of them miscarried. He has a young family now, but was on the Lucien Freud level of fatherhood for his other kids.

He was difficult on sets because of his substance abuse, and was a very, very angry man. To his credit, he turned it around. However, it's a bit rich to hear he didn't like Bale for his behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 5808/09/2012

I also heard that Bale's tendency to go super "method" on set had annoyed Oldman, as well. I also somewhat remember Oldman doing interviews around the release of The Dark Knight and he talked about how great he and Heath Ledger got along and how great he was on set, how he loved working with him, etc etc...with no mention of Bale ever.

It will be interesting to see if Nolan works with Bale again now that Batman is done.

Also, the latest "internet gossip" (yes, grain of salt) says JGL wasn't liked by very many people on the TDKR set. Anyone have the details there?

by Anonymousreply 5908/10/2012

According to some sources, JGL was a real bitch on set.

by Anonymousreply 6010/06/2012

Old bs gossip did you read this thread R60?

by Anonymousreply 6110/06/2012

I don't understand what you are writing 61. Try using comma's or periods in your sentences.

by Anonymousreply 6210/06/2012

Huh, r60, my friend has worked with JGL on 2 indie films and says that he's an absolute delight to work with. But I find on indie films, that almost everyone is a delight to work with, because the crew is working their asses off for peanuts...also everyone is there to make a "movie" and not a product for studio.

Take it for what it's worth, I worked with some camera guys who were on T4...they told me that the real reason that CB had that rant was because the DP was a total asshole to his crew (the camera guys), and that Bale was fed up with him...used the excuse of the DP re-arranging the lights during a take (which no one in their right mind does, especially with a method actor) to chew him out.

by Anonymousreply 6410/06/2012

He must have been delightful to work with back then. But now he is a total bitch. JG-L thinks he is a big thing. Not! He's still a whining cunt who will be a supporting actor.Just a few lead roles that came out aren't helping either. And those new pictures of him after the work out, his looks are gone. He is worthless now. Being a bitch won't help him much.

by Anonymousreply 6510/06/2012

I heard Michael Pitt was a complete asshole towards Joseph. Anyone want to open a thread on that?

by Anonymousreply 6610/06/2012

Here you go, r66.

by Anonymousreply 6710/06/2012

R64, I've heard similar gossip. While I have no doubt that Bale can be volatile it seemed like more was going in his rant. Like there was a history or back story.

by Anonymousreply 6810/07/2012

R25 - why did DiCaprio and Nolan hate each other?

by Anonymousreply 6910/07/2012

r65- "Back then" was 3 years ago AND this past summer. So your total bitch statement doesn't fly.

by Anonymousreply 7010/07/2012

Bumping this thread because I'd like more gossip on Chris Nolan and Cillian Murphy, please!

PS. I think Ellen Page is a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 7110/28/2012

r69, from what I gather, they have very different working methods.

Nolan shoots fast and doesn't always give actors the takes they feel they need. Many are in it for a paycheque role, so they don't worry too much. Others are too young to say anything to him.

DiCaprio is not in either category, and he feels like he's a partner with the director, rather than livestock.

Nolan is also a studio director, as much as his fans say otherwise. His main goal is to deliver for the studio.

I'm not r25, but that was my take on it from reading around the web at the time. S/he can correct me if I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 7210/29/2012

r64, r68

That was actually the second rant he went on during that shoot. The first one wasn't caught because he didn't have a body mike on. (This according to Sam Worthington on Rove.)

It wasn't just Hurlbut, it was McGinty the director. Apparently, he completely lost control of the set. This DP situation was just a part of it.

Bale was frustrated with everything, and he wasn't happy with the script (no one was).

He was also (allegedy) on a drug binge during the filming in New Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 7310/29/2012

This is complete and total BS. Now you are just making stuff up. How lazy is that?? CB a drug user?? WTF. and fetishes? really. did his wife tell you that. and Chris Nolan is a dedicated family man. What in your life is missing that you have to make up stuff about innocent and more talented people. I guess that answers the question.

by Anonymousreply 7411/18/2012

if you're going to make false claims about drug binges and behavior you'd better be prepared to be sued.

by Anonymousreply 7511/18/2012

Lol, hope the past 3 posts are true. This is DL gold.

by Anonymousreply 7711/21/2012

So Christian did cheat with Anne Hathaway? I wonder if he hooks up with all of his costars?

by Anonymousreply 7811/27/2012

Forgot to include this. In that BlindGossip thread, a poster named Insider1970 wrote this (August 2011): I don’t know if Lainey meant Hathaway in this blind, but if she did, she should know that the reason Bale “ditched” Anne is not his wife “who came over there” (she was always there, thus the petting in the car, why, if they needed to have sex and there was no wife around, they didn’t have a hotel room?) but his infatuation with Cotillard. He is -platonically- in love with her since “Public Enemies” days and now he has to work with her more (and his wife remained back in LA while he’s in Pittsburgh now), is courting her heavily. And Marion is VERY flattered..We’ll see how it goes..I’m very curious..

P.S. Please don’t ask how I know. If you don’t believe me you have every right to do so. After all, it’s a gossip site, and gossip in Hollywood is a favorite sport, mouths never remain closed… ------ So,... I've always thought that it was Nolan who had the infatuation with Marion Cotillard, otherwise, how in the hell did that god awful death scene make it into the final cut?! That was simply DREADFUL, honey. Maybe they are both in love with her?

by Anonymousreply 7911/27/2012

I just cannot picture Anne H having sex EVER. So nonsexual in a Mary Poppins way.

by Anonymousreply 8011/27/2012

Well I guess we've all seen the cooch Bale enjoyed for a few weeks...

by Anonymousreply 8112/12/2012

JGL is very laid-back, down to earth and just fun to be around with.

by Anonymousreply 8201/26/2013

But Caine and Freeman for two sure seemed to hate him!

by Anonymousreply 8301/26/2013

[quote]JGL is very laid-back, down to earth and just fun to be around with.

JGL is anything but fun to work with. He thinks he's the second coming of Brando or Dean. My god, he's so serious and humorless when it comes to his "craft". Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 8401/26/2013

OP, how do you know?

by Anonymousreply 8501/26/2013

These celebrities are usually very professional when they are working on separate projects. However, all that professionalism recently fell by the wayside when they started working together!

He is a well-known director. She is a well-known actress. He is older than she. They have each been involved in some huge films. And they both have significant others.

She is not the type to put out for roles, and she certainly did not get this part on a casting couch… but the two seem to be spending a lot of time together on a couch since they’ve started working together!

She summons him to her trailer to “work out a scene”… and then he emerges some time later looking flushed and disheveled.

Are one or both unhappy in their relationships? Is she trying to secure a role in one of his future films? Or are they both just getting a little afternoon delight?

We don’t have the answers to those questions, but we do have the answer to this question: Is the trailer soundproof?

Nope! Many of the cast and crew listen in on their hijinks on a regular basis: “Oh god! Oh god! Oh GOD!!!”. Yes, it’s practically a religious experience listening to these two go at it! Director:

*********** Director: Chris Nolan Actress: AnnE or Jessica Chastain Film: Interstellar

by Anonymousreply 8610/08/2013

Tom Hardy had sex with Cillian Murphy ? Wow I had no idea that Tom Hardy was blind (Any one whose seen Cillian's first scence in 24 Hours later will understand the terrible disapointment poor Tom whould have felt if this was the case).

by Anonymousreply 8706/06/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!