Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

My downtown is ruined at night by skanks

Over the last ten-twelve years, the downtown of my city (Portland, OR) has been completely overrun every weekend night by skanky women wearing skintight microdresses and high heels. They are everywhere. They cruise up and down 3rd and 4th avenue on Friday and Saturday nights, they take all the parking spots, they're loud and obnoxious, and worst of all they ALWAYS go to the gay bars downtown, where they're arrogant, loud, and nasty.

Is every city overrun by skanks like this? Why did this start happening all of a sudden?

by Anonymousreply 11512/12/2012

You don't sound too different from some homophobic bigot who doesn't like having to see gays in front of him.

And ten-twelve years is quite a while to claim something started happening "all of a sudden". Perhaps it's just the way things have always been, and isn't a sudden invasion by "outsiders" or "others". Btw, women aren't "skanks", and if anyone comes across as arrogant, loud, and nasty it's you.

by Anonymousreply 107/22/2012

r1 = nasty skank

by Anonymousreply 207/22/2012

There are quite a few energetic young straight drunk women who hang out in bars in the Castro on weekends. I'm sure not all of them are skanks.

by Anonymousreply 307/22/2012

MOVE

by Anonymousreply 407/22/2012

It happened with Sex And The City. It empowered the global female underclass to go out out binge drinking and to be really really LOUD and coarse.

by Anonymousreply 507/22/2012

What about your chickenhawk skank mayor?

by Anonymousreply 607/22/2012

No way they can come close to UK skanks.

by Anonymousreply 707/22/2012

I see what you mean, R7!

by Anonymousreply 807/22/2012

Do they look like this?

by Anonymousreply 907/22/2012

[quote]they take all the parking spots

Oh my fucking god. Are you serious that they don't even leave a space for YOU? They're totally fucking scum.

And R1 is right. This is no different than someone saying "Look at all those queers running around looking like freaks and ruining my city! They're everywhere!"

by Anonymousreply 1007/22/2012

Yes, it was Sex and the City. I lived in the West Village for 20 years and the S&C happened. Suddenly we were over run with twenty-something year old girls who could neither walk in heels nor hold their liquor

As far R10, etc. yes, if gay men came into my neighborhood and made a mess because they are only visiting and don't give a damn what they leave behind when they go home, I would be making a fuss. Take your goddam, politically correct, don't say anything bad about anyone shit and shove it up your ass.

by Anonymousreply 1107/22/2012

R12 is just upset that her picture was taken in R7's link.

by Anonymousreply 1307/22/2012

R12, OK, so it is not OK to criticize women behaving badly (not all women, just women behaving badly), but it is perfectly OK to make ageist comments. You are a hypocrite.

And FYI I have a few decades before I meet the age requirements for a senior living facility.

by Anonymousreply 1407/22/2012

[quote]This is no different than someone saying "Look at all those queers running around looking like freaks and ruining my city! They're everywhere!"

Mary, puh-lease.

Women are legally equal whereas gay people are constantly being deprived of civil equality. That's just one example there. Anyone who can't see the difference is retarded.

by Anonymousreply 1507/22/2012

I'm Samantha! I'm Samantha!

by Anonymousreply 1707/22/2012

I'm Samantha, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 1807/22/2012

R15, gay men aren't legally prohibited from gathering in groups and hanging out on the streets.

So, r16, women - according to you - are obnoxious just by opening their mouths?

R11 is just pissed that he has to see women out and about and enjoying themselves every now and then.

by Anonymousreply 1907/22/2012

I agree, R19. Like these fine ladies.

by Anonymousreply 2007/22/2012

r19, where did I say they were deprived of the right to gather? Gay people are currently deprived of the right to marry, which is one of the most fundamental and basic human rights. Historically, whatever the minority group, the way to dehumanize them most was to deprive them of the right to marry and not recognize their family as legally equal.

This makes the vehement and widespread verbal disparaging of gay men far worse than that of women. It's a form of disfavor which is backed by law... And that's just one example of the difference. They are not the same.

One of the ways that feminism invited in its own backlash was by mixing in overstated bs with its legitimate claims. The plight of first world women is not the same as that of third world women, someone snarking at a woman in short skirt is not the same as someone disparaging "fags." And so on.

Take your bs back to the freshman dorm, please.

by Anonymousreply 2107/22/2012

This is way better than having it overrun by snakes, which is what I first read.

by Anonymousreply 2207/22/2012

Here in DC there are packs of loud girls screeching in ever bar on 14th St. It is incredible. We were just in Europe, no loud shrieking herds anywhere. Granted the restaurants are loud due to design but at a few groups of women and the decibel level is ear splitting.

by Anonymousreply 2307/22/2012

Nobody can touch the English for obnoxious public drunken behavior.

Sexual predators hang around parties and bars specifically looking for drunken victims, and though men get raped too it's much more likely to happen to a young, reckless woman who still thinks in the back of her mind that she can do anything and go anywhere she wants because mommy and daddy won't let anything bad happen to her. As far as going to gay bars, that's just rude and crappy. In most places there still aren't that many places where the gays can congregate and just be themselves, and if straights want to make the scene they should have the basic manners not to wreck the party.

by Anonymousreply 2407/22/2012

I thought it was skinks.

by Anonymousreply 2507/22/2012

Our drinking culture in the US is getting as bad as it is in the UK.

In spite of the fact that Americans and the British seem to think we're worlds apart, we're both sloppy drunks, obese, lack culture, lack education, and can't spell or use proper grammar.

by Anonymousreply 2607/22/2012

There was a recent article about bachelorette parties in gay bars in, I think, Portland, r23. The reporter approached some of the women to ask them what they thought about the fact that the people around them, the performers on stage were denied the very right they were celebrating.

It was totally lost on them and it was clear they just did not give a fuck. This was their big day, they're the princess, and it's awful of anyone to try to bring any sort of bummer into their big moment.

by Anonymousreply 2707/22/2012

Where did these woman all go prior to SATC? Or did they just dress better then?

by Anonymousreply 2807/22/2012

It wasn't SATC that inspired these women, it was me!

by Anonymousreply 2907/22/2012

Vancouver is the new Portland.

by Anonymousreply 3007/22/2012

These bars need doormen.

by Anonymousreply 3107/22/2012

How do you know they're women if they go into gay bars???

by Anonymousreply 3207/22/2012

Straight women should require a gay man to accompany them or vouch for them in order to enter a gay bar.

And bridal shower parties should be banned period.

by Anonymousreply 3307/22/2012

If they're having bachelorette parties at places that feature male strippers, I'd say that was a legitimate reason for them to be there. But just to go someplace to be around gay men as a form of entertainment in and of itself is insulting.

by Anonymousreply 3407/22/2012

Apparently, these hideous skanks believe that the louder they screech the more attractive they'll be and thus the higher the chance to get fucked.

by Anonymousreply 3507/22/2012

If they are gay men stripping for gay men, then no, they have no legitimate reason to be there.

by Anonymousreply 3607/22/2012

There are a couple of women-only male stripping bars in Portland they can go to rather than the gay bars.

by Anonymousreply 3707/22/2012

Is Westboro Church tattooed on any of their asses?

by Anonymousreply 3807/22/2012

Well downtown Portland is a hot mess on a Saturday night for sure. But aside from all the Jersey Shore bitches skanking it up, you also have the meth addicts and their dogs.

I'm guessing that OP must be talking about Silverado which is a fun gay strip bar that is absolutely invaded by wild packs of Snooki types on the weekends, but I don't really think it detracts.

by Anonymousreply 3907/22/2012

Actually, there's a lot of douchebaggy frat boys roaming downtown Portland on weekend nights too.

It's especially amusing during the winter, when the skanky men and women alike refuse to put on any warm clothing because it would reduce their skank appeal, so you see them shivering in tight t-shirts, miniskirts, etc.

by Anonymousreply 4007/22/2012

[quote]It's especially amusing during the winter, when the skanky men and women alike refuse to put on any warm clothing because it would reduce their skank appeal, so you see them shivering in tight t-shirts, miniskirts, etc.

So True! In SF on a weekend night in SOMA, it may be in the 40s but you see all the bridge and tunnel girls in their skank ware and and heels without coats. But to be fair, they usually weigh around 300 lbs so maybe the cold doesn't hit them so hard.

by Anonymousreply 4107/22/2012

I don't mind all these straight women coming to the Abbey in WeHo.

I mind them bringing their hot, straight boyfriends who don't want to have sex with me.

by Anonymousreply 4207/22/2012

Our town's plague is douchey frat types. I've seen them purposely bump into someone (always smaller than them) and start a fistfight. Loud would be a blessing, these fuckers bellow about faggot this, nigger that, fucking bro!" etc. Just terrible and they really appear too old to be in a fraternity and too stupid to have gone to college.

I'm not sure what makes these football fans think the world is their personal toilet for puking, shitting and pissing all over. I do wish weed were legal b/c these fucks get a beer and a shot in them and they want to punch everyone in the face. Even their bros.

by Anonymousreply 4307/22/2012

[quote]Mary, puh-lease. Women are legally equal whereas gay people are constantly being deprived of civil equality.

Mary, pul-lease. Gays now have equality on every level except marriage. Women, on the other hand, are constantly subjected to sexual harassment (FAR more often than any man, gay or straight), and even now in 2012 make on average 40% less than the average male. I also rather strongly doubt that ANY twentysomething residents of a city like Portland are against marriage equality.

Btw it's all too obvious that many of you don't even *know* any twentysomething women who like to go out. By no means are all of them skanks. My best friend fits that general description -- 24, very good looking and tends to wear short skirts when going out -- but she's also one of the kindest people I know (she spends a good amount of time volunteering at a local rescue shelter) and managed to do well enough in school that she's moving to NYC next month to attend Columbia Law.

That said, a *real* skank is someone who either a) wears short skirts even though she's clearly too fat to pull the look off; b) gets drunk to the point of memory loss at least once a week, and routinely takes home random strangers for sex; and/or c) has a tramp-stamp back tattoo.

by Anonymousreply 4407/22/2012

Sounds like downtown San Diego on any given night. Overrun with skanks and the pussy-hounding Ed Hardy shirt wearing douchebags that chase them.

by Anonymousreply 4507/22/2012

"Women are legally equal whereas gay people are constantly being deprived of civil equality."

Women are legally equal except when it comes to sexual assault laws, reproductive rights and equal pay. In those cases, men are more equal.

by Anonymousreply 4607/22/2012

Too many straight chicks on this site now.

by Anonymousreply 4707/22/2012

R44 - last time I checked, women had legal protection from discrimination in housing and employment and gays don't. Women don't have to hide the fact that they are female to advance in their career, either.

by Anonymousreply 4807/22/2012

I read the thread title as referring to skunks, which have become a problem this year in the San Francisco Bay Area, due to an early & prolonged mating season. Count your blessings, Portland.

by Anonymousreply 4907/22/2012

I don't understand why there are male stripper clubs that are advertised as "For Ladies Only" but gay clubs are legally prohibited from doing the same thing.

Portland is indeed infested with these kinds of women at night--they all look like Lizzie Grubman (remember her?), and wear awful tight white dresses that look terrible on them. And none of them can walk in heels.

by Anonymousreply 5007/22/2012

WeHo is filled with them.

by Anonymousreply 5107/22/2012

[quote]Women don't have to hide the fact that they are female to advance in their career, either.

Gay men don't, either. (Well, unless you're a chickenshit closet-coward.) An overwhelming majority of Fortune 500 companies have both antidiscrimination policies for gays as well as complete gay partner benefits. The same can be said for many smaller businesses as well.

by Anonymousreply 5207/22/2012

[quote]An overwhelming majority of Fortune 500 companies have both antidiscrimination policies for gays as well as complete gay partner benefits.

Most gay men are not employed by Fortune 500 companies.

[quote]The same can be said for many smaller businesses as well.

Some, but not most.

I also wish this was the year 2034, but you and I are unfortunately still stuck in 2012.

by Anonymousreply 5307/22/2012

Not everyone works for Fortune 500 companies on coastal states, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 5407/22/2012

Not to mention the fact that because gays have no legal protections from discrimination, your only form of recourse if you work for one of these Fortune 500 companies that have antidiscrimination policies is meeting with HR.

by Anonymousreply 5507/22/2012

This is not a hilarious video, but it does show that gay men aren't the only ones tired of this phenomenon:

by Anonymousreply 5607/22/2012

r56, I'm sure that video was made by gay men.

by Anonymousreply 5707/22/2012

R44, Someone can go to Columbia Law, work in a rescue shelter, and still come across as an insufferable skank on a night out. Smart women can turn into stupid cunts when the alcohol flows, so can smart men.

If this were Yahoo Answers, my source would be: Too Many Bad Experiences.

by Anonymousreply 5907/22/2012

As predictable as your whining about it, r58.

by Anonymousreply 6007/22/2012

Yes, downtown Portland is a hot mess and definitely a place to avoid on weekend nights. Drunks (of every kind), addicts, panhandlers, thrill-seekers checking out all the "freaks" - ugh. Silverado used to be fun. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 6107/22/2012

"Sexual predators hang around parties and bars specifically looking for drunken victims, and though men get raped too it's much more likely to happen to a young, reckless woman who still thinks in the back of her mind that she can do anything and go anywhere she wants because mommy and daddy won't let anything bad happen to her."

Actually, no. Most young women are naive and trusting and don't think most men are potential rapists. What young woman would think she can't drink a drink she's not watching 24/7 because some fucked up men will put a rape drug in it?

by Anonymousreply 6207/22/2012

I don't like the show, but How I Met Your Mother got this one right.

by Anonymousreply 6307/22/2012

Nothing is more repulsive than drunk straight girls trying to out-snookie each other

by Anonymousreply 6507/22/2012

I used to work on the Las Vegas strip and had to watch these sluts every. single. day.

by Anonymousreply 6607/22/2012

I guess when young men get drunk and vomit all over themselves that's OK.

by Anonymousreply 6707/22/2012

Come visit the Gaslamp Quarter in downtown San Diego. It looks like a hookers' convention the way the girls dress. The area is overrun with young people out for a night on the town, which is fine. The guys look like jocks or guidos. The girls all look like prostitutes.

by Anonymousreply 6807/22/2012

I used to be kept awake Friday through Sunday nights by screaming women during what was called the Third Avenue Bar Crawl in the 1980s and 90s. I couldn't tell if they were having fun or being murdered.

Then my neighborhood gentrified and it was too expensive for the bars, which all went out of business.

I kind of miss it. There's no more life in the neighborhood at night. Also, I could always tell if the Yankees, Mets or Jets were winning while I was studying through grad school. I'd hear cheering outside and I'd know one of the teams scored.

by Anonymousreply 6907/22/2012

A lot of you dumb fucks in this thread need to learn how to read. It has nothing to do with them being women. It has everything to do with them being loud, obnoxious and tacky. And looking like whores.

by Anonymousreply 7007/22/2012

I need to make some money. I need to eat!

by Anonymousreply 7207/22/2012

[quote]It has nothing to do with them being women. It has everything to do with them being loud, obnoxious and tacky. And looking like whores.

What difference does it make to you whether they 'look like whores' or not?

Sorry, but in your attempt to absolve yourself of accusations of misogyny, you...haven't.

by Anonymousreply 7307/22/2012

"It has everything to do with them being loud, obnoxious and tacky."

Like loud, obnoxious, tacky bro-dude frat boys.

by Anonymousreply 7407/22/2012

Are we talking Portland, Oregon or Portland, Maine here?

Neither of those seems to be particularly close to the Jersey Shore-? And neither city seems to be very climatically friendly for half-nakedness.

by Anonymousreply 7507/22/2012

[quote]Women don't have to hide the fact that they are female to advance in their career, either.

Only because we can't. Where have you been that you don't know that woman don't get paid as much or promoted as often as men?

by Anonymousreply 7607/22/2012

OP, if you have noticed this over the last 10 - 12 years then you are probably too old to be going to bars.

by Anonymousreply 7707/22/2012

Ironic how so many of the veiled accusations of misogyny resort to homophobia and anti-gay stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 7807/22/2012

Loud, vulgar, drunk, rude, heavily cologned troupes of young and not-so-young women out for "fun" and pick-ups certainly do affect the balance in bars, restaurants and dance places. It's not equality that's the issue. It's a lack of equanimity and respect. The female herd mentality may be a complementary expression of the male mob, but it's entitled overbearing presumption sets it apart. Rude women head for gay bars and "nicer" places to trash them. Rude male mobs head for dives and familiar hang outs.

The inauthentic cunts here who pretend that their incipient homophobia is always justified when a gay man comments on their offensiveness are simply playing their pathetic victim card. It's the skank morning-after game as well. Twattery refuses to think, listen or apologize. It just sits there and stinks a place up.

by Anonymousreply 8107/22/2012

[quote]How do these sluts differ from most gay males?

by Anonymousreply 8207/22/2012

r77 = 22 and 2 hot 2 B Blieved

by Anonymousreply 8307/22/2012

I have never seen gay men get into a fistfight in a bar, no matter how drunk they were. I cannot say the same for straight men.

by Anonymousreply 8407/22/2012

There's nothing wrong with being anti-skank. The feminist movement resulted in some positive changes but also some negative ones. Nobody really likes to see cultural changes and influences (media) turn mainstream women into skanks.

It's the male peacock that shows it's colorful high-quality feathers to all the discerning selective females. He with the best DNA gets to breed with her. When female peacocks dress themselves down and prance around eager for some male to breed with them, it upsets the ecosystem.

All you end up with are stupid skanky peacocks of both sexes breeding and producing more stupid skanky peacocks of both sexes.

When will it end?

by Anonymousreply 8507/22/2012

Perhaps I am not gay- I don't live life like "lesbian" poster states all gay men do. Should my boyfriend and I have surgery and become women in a lesbian relationship because we are not like the stereotype that "lesbian" uses to counter a stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 8607/22/2012

If skanks were quiet and friendly, it would be one thing. But they're loud and mean, and incredibly aggressive.

I feel the same thing about gay men who are loud and mean and obnoxious at bars. You don't have to whoop loudly and push other people aside to have a good time.

by Anonymousreply 8707/22/2012

I'M THE CARRIE!!!

by Anonymousreply 8807/22/2012

[quote]Perhaps I am not gay- I don't live life like "lesbian" poster states all gay men do. Should my boyfriend and I have surgery and become women in a lesbian relationship because we are not like the stereotype that "lesbian" uses to counter a stereotype.

I did not say "all" gay men.

[quote]How do these sluts differ from most gay males?

Do you think most gay males are sluts? I'm just asking.

by Anonymousreply 8907/22/2012

Breeders....ALWAYS pushing their sexuality in our faces.

by Anonymousreply 9007/22/2012

Very clever, "Lesbian". You compared a type of woman with gay men. It's quite obvious that there are trashy, overly loud men and women, gay and straight, but you chose to make it about sexism by being homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 9107/22/2012

[quote] I did not say "all" gay men.

Did you qualify with SOME? A FEW? GAY DLERS?

Think before you type, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 9207/22/2012

"I have never seen gay men get into a fistfight in a bar"

We use our rhetoric.

by Anonymousreply 9307/22/2012

[quote] The inauthentic cunts here who pretend that their incipient homophobia is always justified when a gay man comments on their offensiveness are simply playing their pathetic victim card. It's the skank morning-after game as well. Twattery refuses to think, listen or apologize. It just sits there and stinks a place up.

***APPLAUSE****

by Anonymousreply 9407/22/2012

Why can't wimmen just congregate with wimmen. Gay men have no problem being solely with gay men to have a good time. Wimmen just can't have a good time on there own. One would think wimmen would be more inclined to go to straight bars for men, but then it's usually the loser wimmen that find gay bars so much fun.

by Anonymousreply 9507/22/2012

[quote]Did you qualify with SOME? A FEW? GAY DLERS? Think before you type, asshole.

Why don't you answer the question. Do you think most gay men are sluts?

by Anonymousreply 9607/22/2012

Look at the hostile lesbian at r96 try to establish rules for everyone else! You have to answer HER questions first! SHE is in charge!

r92, you have trespassed upon her boundaries again. She has just stated them again at r96.

by Anonymousreply 9707/22/2012

It wasn't my comment asshole at R96. That's why I didn't answer your question about it. I'll leave that to the person who wrote it.

You must be new here.

by Anonymousreply 9807/22/2012

[quote]It wasn't my comment asshole at [R96]. That's why I didn't answer your question about it. I'll leave that to the person who wrote it. You must be new here.

Oh, that's why you didn't answer the question. Riight...

by Anonymousreply 9907/22/2012

Oh I know what you mean, OP. My neighborhood has this:

by Anonymousreply 10007/23/2012

The threads downwind from this thread refer to it as the Cannery.

by Anonymousreply 10107/23/2012

So did I [R-49]. I read it as skunks, too. Btw, not to worry gentlemen and ladies, I don't think I've ever been accused of skanking/skunking/spanking around the hood drunk, or screeching loudly like a cat in Jimmy Choos taking away a local persons expected parking space. Never. I know I've been called slut & bitch. Neither hurt worse than losing my job after 35+ yrs, due to the bad economy in the airline business after 9/11, and becoming unemployed for the first time in my life. Not to worry, I immediately got hired to work in a ladies retail shop. The owner was bat shit crazy, a lot of the customers were losing their minds to Alzheimer's, it'd take 5 hours to buy something, then return everything the next day ;( Finally, I had a nervous breakdown. Added up my PBGC pension & few penny's saved, and had invested my small income well enough, so I once and for all, Retiried. I'm here now with you guys. Determined to never stop learning, and never stop laughing my AssOff. [R-47] I don't mean to add to any more problems you already have with the straight chick population on your site. I'm also a less than desireable addition b/c I'm 58yrs old too. Pretty awful, huh. Good news though, this is the first site I would gladly pay to be in. This will be my second post on anything in my life.

by Anonymousreply 10207/24/2012

You need to go back to work. Immediately.

by Anonymousreply 10307/24/2012

In London they have skankmobiles -- buses which exist to pick drunken women up off the streets where they have passed out. It's partly medical and partly a safety measure so they won't be raped and/or murdered.

There is a surprising number of crime against women by other women in the UK. Smashing bottles over heads and throwing bottles or drinks glasses at women who are perceived to be flirting with a bf, making snotty remarks, being stuck up or by just plain being prettier than others.

It's Hobart all over again.

by Anonymousreply 10407/24/2012

[R103] I luvver you!

by Anonymousreply 10507/24/2012

Fuck, try living and working in Vegas, then tell me about skanks.

by Anonymousreply 10607/24/2012

The "skankmobiles" in London that R104 refers to actually pick up drunken men too - they don't discriminate by gender.

by Anonymousreply 10707/24/2012

I've never seen a skank in our downtown. One would be easy to spot since downtown is only two blocks long and only on one side of the street.

by Anonymousreply 10807/25/2012

Portland clubs are horrible on their own -- on weeknights, they're filled with the wacky faux-naif LOOK AT ME hipster set, but, yes, on weekends they're filled with bridge-and-tunnel types... as are many downtown clubs in many cities.

But it's not just weekends there that are horrible -- Portland does some things well, but nightlife is not one of them.

by Anonymousreply 10907/25/2012

Behold the interior of Silverado. God knows gay-bar-trolling skanks wouldn't improve it, but there's not much there to ruin.

[quote]The Silvaerado Club is Portland's ultimate party spot. Whether it's the heart pumping dance music on it's 20,000 watt sound system, the awsome drink specials, or the hottest collection male performers in the northwest, Silverado Club has it all!

by Anonymousreply 11007/25/2012

skanks are annoying, I hear you!

by Anonymousreply 11112/12/2012

Skanks tip! or pose like they do.

But those nails get near my crotch and I get the shivers!

by Anonymousreply 11212/12/2012

sex and the city. ropey bitches in high heels thinking they're cool and wanting to go out dressed like hookers without being sexually harassed so they go to a gay bar to hang out with men and can whore-it up without any of the benefits

by Anonymousreply 11312/12/2012

You live in an URBAN environment in a section called DOWNTOWN.

You're really complaining about loud drunk people??

Move to fucking Bonneville.

by Anonymousreply 11412/12/2012

[quote]the meth addicts and their dogs.

I don't get this.

by Anonymousreply 11512/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.