Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

One Direction's Louis Tomlinson: Harry Styles and I are 'Best Friends', Not a Gay Couple

One Direction's Louis Tomlinson says that fan fantasies that he and bandmate Harry Styles are an item are disruptive.

Says Tomlinson in an interview with Storyboard:

"This is a subject that was funny at first but now is actually hard to deal with in a relationship. Me and Harry are best friends, people look into our every move—it is actually affecting the way me and Harry are in public. We want to joke around, but there seems to be a different rumor every time we do anything. I act the same way with Harry as I do [with] any of the other boys and my childhood friend Stan."

Read more:

by Anonymousreply 7209/22/2014

And the sky is blue Lou. You could lock me in a cell and force feed me this info, I'll still call bullshit. Harry says nothing about it. Why does Louis always have to speak on it and defend it. It's getting a bit tedious now.

by Anonymousreply 107/20/2012

oh so lious us always doing the defending ?

by Anonymousreply 207/20/2012

For reals?

by Anonymousreply 307/20/2012

I don't believe it, the photos and videos never lie.

by Anonymousreply 407/20/2012

They jerk each other off. It's British.

by Anonymousreply 507/20/2012

What bothers me is, for something that's not "True" why is it affecting their friendship and his "relationship"?

There's obviously some truth to it if it's causing them to change the way they act around each other. It makes it that much more obvious.

by Anonymousreply 607/20/2012

I think this is the only fandom that I've witnessed, who actually supports the guys being with eacother. Like, management should be so over the moon about that. Instead their stifling them and my boo Harry is depressed. They have the support they just need to be let out the closet.

No one should have to feel as though their life is a lie. To ask anyone to not be themselves is disgusting. They met and fell for eacother obviously, they should be able to express that. The bearding is awful, and annoying. Harry being linked to a different female every week is getting old.

Hopefully after this album they have coming out they can breathe a little easier.

by Anonymousreply 707/20/2012

The insecure response will make people question their relationship even more. They may not be together, maybe they are, but the second an actor/musician/etc. acts as if gay rumors are the worst thing to be called, and get defensive about them, is the second people think "thou doth protest too much".

by Anonymousreply 807/20/2012

"i think harry being pansexual would make the idea of them being in love a lot sweeter

being pansexual means that you fall in love with someone for them, not due to their gender or perception of their gender. you’re basically falling in love with their personalities and just the general idea of them. it doesn’t matter what your gender or your gender identity, they’ll love you for you it makes love a lot more true and real, whereas heterosexual ‘love’ is based on pretty faces and gender

it’d mean that harry fell in love with louis because louis has an amazing personality and sense for life and loved ones. it’d mean that their love is pure and will likely be long-lived no matter what anyone says because you just can’t ignore love like that."

I just read the above on someone's tumblr. What do you guys think?

by Anonymousreply 907/20/2012

*rolls eyes* only the phrase "thou protest too much" comes to mind. I have to agree with R6. Why in the hell would simple rumors affect you this much if they don't hold any truth to them? Plus it's not like they've exactly helped any of the rumors with the way they're always hugging & touching & looking at each other. Don't feed the damn rumors then get mad when people get the wrong idea *shrug*

Oh & someone please cage the fangirls. They're starting to show up & we'll never hear the end of this...

by Anonymousreply 1007/21/2012

Yes, best friends that love to cuddle and exchange hand jobs and blow jobs.

by Anonymousreply 1107/21/2012

He's not. I was at Hayfield (secondary school) with him and he used to bully a couple of the gay kids. I think it's funny how he's said recently that he hates it when people call him gay when he did the exact same thing, and worse. He was a little shit back then and he's still a little shit.

by Anonymousreply 1207/21/2012

R12, it's pretty common for self-loathing gay kids to pick on other gay kids.

by Anonymousreply 1307/21/2012

True, but he was very casual about it, and it never seemed like it came from self-loathing. I dunno, you could be right. He was a few years below me so I don't know him very well and honestly, I wouldn't want to. I hope he figures his shit out though.

by Anonymousreply 1407/21/2012

Shades of Prancing Ponies in here. How many of you posters are women?

by Anonymousreply 1507/21/2012

[r15], I am.

by Anonymousreply 1607/21/2012

I say they're GAY GAY GAYER than geese. There.

by Anonymousreply 1707/21/2012

WTF?!?! Again, he NEVER said that. The quote was reworded from old quotes. Trust me.. I've been shipping Larry for 3 months. I would know if he said that. First of all, like I said.. the quote was only used in the headline.. it wasn't even used in the article itself, second of all, the article used old quotes from "Louis" (I write it like that because I'm still not sure HE himself said those things), and they reworded the quotes, and summed it up, into a headline. That quote is BS. It's fake, end of story.

by Anonymousreply 1807/21/2012

Is that a problem, r15?

by Anonymousreply 1907/21/2012

I know he used to be a bully in high school, but he changed... I think he found himself. Otherwise, lets face it.. why would he need a beard if he was completely straight? He wouldn't, huh? And I'm sure Eleanor is a beard, like 100 %, the awkwardness doesn't lie.. the many photos and videos of them together don't lie. Louis is gay. I just know he is, or well.. at least bi, but I'm going for gay. And I know Eleanor is his beard, because the fandom is made up of great detectives.. basically, someone found some *interesting* information, indicating Eleanor is not who she says she is.. oh, and there's also rumors about her having a boyfriend..

by Anonymousreply 2007/21/2012

I'm very interested in hearing more from his classmate!

by Anonymousreply 2107/21/2012

Oh hell, the fraus are here *smh*

Anyways, i think posts like R20's are mostly wishful thinking. Now i agree louis' statement sounds quite odd & all this fuss he's making is unnecessary, but lets not read too much into it now...

by Anonymousreply 2207/21/2012

Louis is fucking Sam Tsui, I know this for a FACT.

by Anonymousreply 2307/22/2012

Spill it, r23.

by Anonymousreply 2407/22/2012

You all are razy bitches.

by Anonymousreply 2507/22/2012

A male celebrity does not have to be gay in order for his PR team to set him up with a girlfriend. It's all about maintaining a straight image, whether he's actually gay or not. Plus, it looks better for a straight guy to be in a relationship than to be a total pussyhound.

by Anonymousreply 2607/22/2012

OP there are threads dedicated to these nobodies please post this non story there.

by Anonymousreply 2707/22/2012

[quote]A male celebrity does not have to be gay in order for his PR team to set him up with a girlfriend. It's all about maintaining a straight image, whether he's actually gay or not. Plus, it looks better for a straight guy to be in a relationship than to be a total pussyhound.

Maybe.. but I'd think that for a guy in a boy band it would be better to be single.. so all the fangirls can picture getting with him. There must be a reason why they set him up with Eleanor after he broke up with Hannah.

by Anonymousreply 2807/22/2012

R23.. can you please tell us more? This actually doesn't surprise me at all. I'm well aware that you might be lying, but Sam Tsui is such an odd choice.. it makes me believe it even more.. and Louis was seen on his phone all yesterday when he was doing the flying with british airways thing. He couldn't focus at all.. he was constantly on his phone, which leads me to believe he's fucking someone.

by Anonymousreply 2907/22/2012

One thing though.. Sam Tsui is from the US, right? So isn't it a bit hard with a long distance relationship like that? how did they even meet? I am inclined to believe this.. I'm just wondering about it, because.. yeah, I'm curious.

by Anonymousreply 3007/22/2012

If someone says they are not gay, you can believe they are gay. I think they protest too loudly.

by Anonymousreply 3107/22/2012

Of course they're not gay. It's a band created by Simon Cowell, for Christ's sake! Like he would knowingly put two gay guys into his bought and sold boy band.

by Anonymousreply 3207/22/2012

LMAO R32.. I take that as sarcasm, because I really hope you're not serious.

by Anonymousreply 3307/22/2012

They should remake this video

They would looks so good doing the moves

by Anonymousreply 3407/22/2012

R20, Ahhh, so he's changed and he's found himself. That makes it all better. Good for him! He's found himself!

by Anonymousreply 3507/22/2012

yeah when i look at him i can definitely see the bullying potential there. i think he's closeted. he looks like one of those cool kids in high school that picked on other kids & called them gay but at night fantasized about getting with them & other guys. but glad he's apparently "changed his ways" or whatever...

and while i'm at it i gotta say, what a fantastic ass on that boy!

by Anonymousreply 3607/22/2012

He wasn't really all that popular or UNpopular. Kinda in the middle. He was a bit dorky to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 3707/22/2012

sorry i should have clarified. "cool" by this generations standards. Still think he's closeted though... & still think he has that certain mischievous glint in his eyes & the way he smirks...

by Anonymousreply 3807/22/2012

also on a sidenote, i've seen some...strange, but interesting/VERY telling videos/pics/etc. & as crazy & stalker-ish as they seem, the footage doesn't lie. and neither does their body language, for that matter...

and just because i know that one of you queens is going to try it, NO i'm not a demented little fangirl frothing at the mouth, jizzing my pants over this *rolling my eyes*

anyways, here it is:

by Anonymousreply 3907/22/2012

Guys.. I just want to know.. when you are saying that Louis is closeted.. do you mean closeted now, or back in high school? Because I'm pretty sure he's gay, and not exactly "closeted", but yes.. he is bearding up. The fandom found out some stuff about Eleanor. Let's just say she's not who she says she is.

by Anonymousreply 4007/22/2012

R40, I think unless he actually comes out and says he's gay, it's just speculation. I know this is DataLounge and that whole concept is obsolete and any male with even a hint of gayface is the biggest queen ever, but all I know is that he certainly acted straight in high school and bullied those who were gay. He was a massive fuckwit, even when he was 11, but he didn't appear to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 4107/22/2012

Tell us more about high school Louis please

by Anonymousreply 4207/22/2012

R41.. ok, but how then would you explain the beard? you do know it's possible to change, right? I myself didn't know I was bisexual until I was 18/19 years old.

by Anonymousreply 4307/22/2012

as a gay man, i can spot a twink from a mile away. that boy is GAY GAY GAY, i say! and to R41, if anything that's only further proof to me that he's light in the loafers. trust me, i know the type. i know a couple guys, bullies, that used to go after the gay kids in highscool. 13 years later and surprise sur-fucking-prise, they all turned out to be giant queens themselves. and one of the them used to bully me! just goes to show, anyone can put on the big, tough, macho guy act & profess their straightness to the world whilst beating on a couple of gay kids. but once the lights go out, please -____- you're not fooling anyone honey >;}

by Anonymousreply 4407/22/2012

In that one Swedish interview, when the boys were asked which one of them would most likely come out of the closet later, they answered that Louis is the "most camp" and that Harry plays for both teams.

by Anonymousreply 4507/22/2012

lol at all the tumblr fangirls who have come to Dl to be all 'omg larry is real omg omg omg' - delusional. Louis might be bisexual, but the relationship with Eleanor is definitely real.

Harry is very, very straight, and a total twat too. Arrogant sod.

by Anonymousreply 4607/22/2012

R44.. agreed about everything, the boy is gay, gay, gay. And the reason I say he's changed is because well.. he seem more comfortable with himself. It's hard to explain.. but he doesn't seem weird about being who he is, he's interested in fashion, he's dressing gayer and gayer (and please.. don't get me started with the stereotype thing, it's not like I think he's gay just because of how he dresses, but I think he's more comfortable now in his own skin, and isn't afraid of being himself, which includes being interested in fashion). Today he wore a shirt with birds on, and the shirt is available in TopMan under the name of "swallows". LOL. It's not just that though.. he seemed genuine when he answered a question about gay fans. He doesn't care. And I doubt a homophobe or closet case would be as openly affectionate as Louis is towards the other boys. I think all of this points to him finding himself after high school, and I now see a guy who's more comfortable with who he is.. at least that's how I see it. He's still an asshole from time to time, and he can be quite bitchy and sassy, so I can definitely still see some of that side, but I think he's changed from his school days. He's not a bully anymore. And I think (well hope) that he regrets the guy he was back then.

by Anonymousreply 4707/22/2012

Yeah, R46.. so "real" that he can't remember when they started dating, so "real", that Eleanor had to invent a new birthday, so "real" that she now says they first met at V-Festival last year, while Louis says they've been together 6-7-8 months (he doesn't know). I do not get the Elounor shippers at all. I do not see a real relationship there. It's fake, fake, fake. None of the stories about when or how they met match up, they look uncomfortable and awkward together, even in the pics taken by fans (NOT paparazzi pics), they hardly ever touch, they never kiss, they look awkward and uncomfortable as hell, and Louis looks absolutely miserable with her. I'm fucking sick and tired of people saying everyone who doesn't believe in that fake relationship is a Larry shipper. Umm.. I've said many times that I'm not sure if Larry is real or not.. maybe Harry is straight (although I lean more towards bisexual.. but this still doesn't have to mean that Larry is real). But I am positive that Louis is gay and his girlfriend is fake, because.. well.. I have eyes. I'm sick and tired of being attacked on Datalounge of all places because I think Louis is gay. Newsflash: I'd still think Louis is gay, even if Larry isn't real. Also newsflash: faking a relationship isn't exactly uncommon in show business. He's not the first one who's had a beard.

by Anonymousreply 4807/22/2012

I think he is commenting because of how loud those whispers are getting and how aggressive the whisperers are.

Look if the guy isnt ready to come out, leave him be. Why make it harder for him to make a living?

by Anonymousreply 4907/22/2012

OMFG, R49.. you're using just the same moronic logic as the Elounor shippers. What do you mean "leave him be"? How exactly are a few shippers affecting him? They're not, end of story. He hasn't said shit about the shippers ruining his friendship to Harry.. I know "Louis" has said so in interviews in print, but he has never said so on video, and he's had many chances. He seemed completely fine with Harry in the last few interviews they did together. And please.. if there was nothing, then he wouldn't have reacted. Heck.. Tokio Hotel, McFly.. every band has had consistent gay rumors, and very vocal shippers.. yet they just laugh it off, because guess what.. it's not affecting them, just like talking about Louis obviously being gay on a GAY website isn't affecting him. I'm sick and tired of being attacked, and on a gay website nonetheless because I think one of the members are gay. This is why the threads have been ruined. If you think he's straight, fine by me.. just don't attack those with a different opinion, and please let us discuss him being gay if we feel like it. I know we had someone here who went to school with him, and I'd like to hear more from him, that's if the haters haven't chased him away. I don't even get what you're doing in this thread if you think he isn't gay, because that means there's nothing to discuss.

by Anonymousreply 5007/22/2012

well R49, bringing more attention to them, & in this way, is DEFINITELY not going to quieten down any of the rumors anytime soon.

plus if he's so intent on staying in the closet then hmmm here's a fucking idea: STOP WITH ALL THE FUCKING GLARINGLY OBVIOUS PDA WITH HARRY. i mean wtf is he trying to pull here? anyone with a pair of eyes can see that they look more lovelorn than a gushing 14 yr old school girl reading those god-awful twilight books. and no, i'm not one of the fucking fraus trying to spin this "larry" crap, but with all the pics & vids out there it's just so fucking obvious even the die-hard "straight-ies" are catching on. you're gonna have to do better than that louis, but nice try

by Anonymousreply 5107/22/2012

Oh God another ranting fangurl at R50! Do they send each other some kind Bat Signal whenever there is a boyband, Twilight or Glambert thread here.

Now little girl, a gay man or woman has the right to select the manner and timing of their coming out. Our sexuality does not exist merely for your entertainment.

You are probably that girl who spray paints 'gay boy' on to a classmates locker to 'assist' him in his coming out, arent you? Silly little girl.

by Anonymousreply 5207/22/2012

I think they are a couple and they don't and won't have to come out for me to think this. PR shit on die-hard fans that ship these boys because there was more to loose by having the majority of fans find out that these boys are having some cheeky fun together after hours.

Simple as that, you don't alienate enthusiastic fans for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 5307/22/2012

R52, I know that. I'm a bisexual female myself. Trust me.. I know how hurtful it is to push someone out of the closet. But that isn't even what the Larry shippers want. Most Larry shippers, like 90 % definitely agree with you that they should come out in their own time, of course. I don't want to push anyone out of the closet. And I even admit that right now maybe he needs a girlfriend for some reason.. whether it's fake or real, though you obviously know what I think about the girlfriend situation.. but that's the point. I'm not even sure if Larry is real. I am convinced that Louis is gay though, but ok.. back to the point, I agree that the fandom consists of naive 12 year olds, and that is obviously a problem. Some shippers tweet them that they're gay and that they should come out, and are sending really disrespectful tweets to Eleanor. I don't agree with this at all, I think it will hurt them even more. I agree that Louis should come out on his own time, and that some shippers obviously bud in, when it's none of their business. I don't see anything wrong by staying on tumblr in their own little worlds, but tweeting them about it is going too far. Shipping in itself isn't bad, as long as the 4th wall is respected.

by Anonymousreply 5407/22/2012

R47 LMAO OH LORD i can't breathe! SWALLOWS????! REALLY??? MARY!

oh dear... funniest shit i've heard in a minute. let me go ahead & collect myself here...

but yeah i agree with R54. the tweeting BS has gotten WAY out of hand now. i feel that it's a gross invasion of privacy & i really just can't get behind that. i'd also think they'd be embarrassed/ashamed of themselves for going this far...sad

oh you fraus... don't ruin it for the gays now. i'd really hate to be associated with THAT insanity *shudders*

by Anonymousreply 5507/22/2012

lol they have a BI about them. yup, queeers

by Anonymousreply 5607/23/2012

Here is the Swedish interview where Harry says he "can play double" in answer to the question of which boy is most likely to eventually come out of the closet (they all answered Louis).

When asked who looks the best naked, Louis says, "I've only seen Harry naked."

by Anonymousreply 5707/23/2012

not sure if harry is gay to be honest... i mean he's so forward/obvious. surely management would have asked him to tone it down if he was...? but yeah, i'm pretty much convinced louis is gay. sorry, no if's, and's, or but's (although i really wouldn't mind that last part...)

by Anonymousreply 5807/23/2012

R57 - What so "hmmmmmm" about that? Harry is an infamous exhibitionist.

They mocked him on the X Factor about it. He has admitted to it. The other boys have talked about Harry throwing off his clothes at inappropriate times. They tell a story about how they visited his family home and decided to go swimming, and Harry was the only one who didnt wear trunks. Even though they were in his house!

Also Harry has naked cellphone pic circulating the net that he half-heartedly denies is him

by Anonymousreply 5907/23/2012

lmao R59 "that he half-heartedly denies is him"

by Anonymousreply 6007/23/2012

[quote]but all I know is that he certainly acted straight in high school and bullied those who were gay. He was a massive fuckwit, even when he was 11, but he didn't appear to be gay.

But, you're in secondary (high?) school in Doncaster and you are gonna pick on the poofs and bender boys. That is nothing new for northern England.

Trust me, I've been in exactly the same environment. Nobody comes out until well after secondary school or, if you are lucky and find a niche, towards the end of school or sixth form, among gay-friendly or more open-minded friends.

There's so much fronting at that age it's impossible to tell if someone is gay and they may not even know. You can have kids that mercilessly pick on what they perceive to be obvious gay kids as it deflects attention away from themselves.

by Anonymousreply 6108/02/2012

Actually if he was a 'wad at 11 he was in Primary school, even worse breeding ground for stupidity. From 12-16/17 he'd have been at Secondary and perhaps sixth form if he stayed on, from 16-18.

Maybe he just grew up? Apparent kiddie homophobes don't always stay that way, especially when away from the influence of school. You'd have to be hard pressed to navigate your way through entertainment without banging into a slew of gays round every corner - so he sure choose his genre to be a homophobe in, if he still is one!

by Anonymousreply 6208/02/2012

Another thing is that he says that he acts the same way around the other guys as he does with Harry. That's obviously bullshit. You don't see him having a blissful eye-fuck with anyone BUT Harry.

by Anonymousreply 6308/10/2012

Bump for the Larry-fans out there, since pt 8 of our beloved Louis' ass-threads was deleted.

by Anonymousreply 6409/13/2012

Is One Direction like Menudo?

by Anonymousreply 6509/13/2012

I'm way late on this, but I just thought I'd put my two cents in on a subject that has seemed to come up. When I was younger I thought all things non-heterosexual were wrong. I did not like it. I don't really know why. Someone might of put the idea in my mind, I don't know. It's been awhile. Then I eventually met someone whom I fell in love with. A girl, like myself. I changed. It's so odd to think that I used to be completely different, but I was. I'm pansexual. My actions and opinions in primary school are meaningless to me now.

by Anonymousreply 6602/20/2013

Louise and Harry are boyfriends, I DON'T BELIEVE THEY ARE JUST FRIENDS!!

by Anonymousreply 6702/20/2013

The bullying thing would convince me even more he's gay, if I didn't already believe it.

Every homophobe I knew in HS was, to a person, on the downlow, though some didn't explore it until later.

by Anonymousreply 6802/20/2013

I got this all the time about me and my BFF, too!

by Anonymousreply 6902/20/2013

I am a Larry Shipper. A Larry believer, if you will.

by Anonymousreply 7002/20/2013

Anyone created the new 1D thread yet? '....Louis T & 1D' thread just hit 600...

by Anonymousreply 7109/22/2014

it's at the link

by Anonymousreply 7209/22/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!