Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What do we think of "Suits" on USA?

And what do we think of Mike and Harvey?

It's all rather mediocre but I find myself watching it every Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 5001/09/2014

Yes, it is mediocre, like fellow USA shows White Collar and Royal Pains are. But they're all very slickly done.

by Anonymousreply 107/20/2012

I likes Suits and White Collar, but Royal Pains is really boring to me. I'd rather watch Big Bang Theory reruns.

by Anonymousreply 207/20/2012

We all want to see Harvey fuck the shit out of Mike.

We really do.

by Anonymousreply 307/20/2012

Donna! Noooo!!

by Anonymousreply 407/20/2012

Suita was kind of surprising. I thought t was good.

Plus they wear nice suits. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 507/20/2012

The male leads are both hot. Love this show.

by Anonymousreply 607/20/2012

I would have thought we'd hear from the 'mole troll' by now. That one guy does have a distracting mole or two on his face...

by Anonymousreply 707/20/2012

Gina Torres is a goddess, but I had to chuckle when special guest star Casey From SVU called out her character's inappropriate office attire. The show is refreshingly self-aware.

David Costabile is an adorable DILF but, as in every role he plays, can never dial down the gay. I assume he's not a permanent addition to the cast.

by Anonymousreply 807/20/2012

[quote] David Costabile is an adorable DILF but, as in every role he plays, can never dial down the gay.

That's true, however, I think sometimes that works in his favor depending on the role. It worked brilliantly for the character he played on Breaking Bad, especially since the main villain of the show -- his boss -- possibly was gay.

Costabile is sort of like Nathan Lane. He can be a hit or miss at times.

by Anonymousreply 907/20/2012

Every episode of Suits has at least two scenes of someone coming into a room demanding "What the hell were you thinking?!"

by Anonymousreply 1007/20/2012

I think this show is way above the mediocrity of most of the other USA shows (Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, etc.). What I love about this show (same as White Collar) is the sexual tension that exists and that the show relies on between the male leads.

by Anonymousreply 1107/20/2012

Burn Notice is a decent show compared to a lot of the other crap on TV. I mean, Castle doesn't even make sense - not matter how much I want to see Nathan nekkid - I cannot sit through an episode.

To me, TNT and USA original programming are similar. ABC Family and Lifetime stuff are all schmaltzy and the same.

If we lump all the TNT and USA shows together, there are probably 3-5 that are moderately entertaining - The Closer, Burn Notice, Suits, Franklin and Bash (but not Rizzoli and Isles) - to name a few.

by Anonymousreply 1207/20/2012

Covert Affairs is fun.

by Anonymousreply 1307/20/2012

[quote]Covert Affairs is fun.

Christopher Gorham is hot

by Anonymousreply 1407/20/2012

Christopher Gorham is very hot. I like the USA/TNT original shows much better than almost all shows on the main networks.

Burn Notice is top notch, but it is losing a bit of the 19-49 demographic that advertisers love. It is still most watched but Suits has a little bit higher number in the coveted demographic this season.

by Anonymousreply 1507/20/2012

The plots on SUITS are ridiculous.

But the eye candy of the 2 leads in their suits makes it worth watching.

Next week - Harvey in a tux! I'm moist in anticipation.

by Anonymousreply 1607/21/2012

"Suits" and "White Collar" are OK, "Royal Pain" is awful, and "Burn Notice" is by far the best of the bunch.

by Anonymousreply 1707/21/2012

Burn Notice bores the crap out of me. Royal Pains is a pain. Love Suits and White Collar and Political Animals.

by Anonymousreply 1807/21/2012

Another reason we love Christopher Gorham...

by Anonymousreply 1907/21/2012

I don't care for - and don't watch - Burn Notice and White Collar.

Royal Pains is only enjoyable to watch when Campbell Scott is on it.

I like Suits, it's a legal "lite" show but I like the characters.

Covert Affairs is OK and I only watch for Christopher Gorham. Every time I see Piper Perabo all I see is her chin.

I also enjoy Necessary ROughness. Although Callie Thorne has the hugest nostrils in the business, she is perfect for the role and I enjoy what seems like sexual tension between her character and Nico (played by Scott Cohen, another actor I enjoy).

USA was blitzing the trade publications practically begging for Emmy nominations but they are seriously deluded if they think their shows are that good.

by Anonymousreply 2007/21/2012

I love this show.. I think it's really good. Superb acting and interesting plots. It also doesn't hurt that Mike is hot as hell, of course.

by Anonymousreply 2107/22/2012

Love both Piper Perabo and Christopher Gorham.

I can't believe all the location shots in Covert Affairs.

Suits has some great dialog.

All these shows are well-made popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 2207/22/2012

Perfect summer TV fare - don't require a lot of thought (or attention), pretty people, nice locations, some good/famous guest stars.

Totally forgettable as soon as its over, but you come back next week for more entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 2307/23/2012

Most generic show on the air right now. Couldn't past a third episode.

by Anonymousreply 2407/23/2012

R1, if you think it's "mediocre," you just aren't getting it.

by Anonymousreply 2509/04/2012

Um R1 is hardly alone in that opinion R25.

Anyway I agree with most of the posters, it can be a fun show to pass the time but it is certainly nothing special. But that is the USA/TNT business model and really there is nothing wrong with that. Not every show has to be (or should be) a Breaking Bad.

Can't believe they actually pushed for emmy nods R20, that is kinda hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 2609/04/2012

Loved Gina Torres since her Hercules, Xena, Cleopatra 2525, Serenity etc...days. Gawd, she's still Hot!

White Collar is pretty good. Matt Bomer is sexy and confident, which is what I love....

by Anonymousreply 2709/04/2012

Suits is one of the better USA summer series.

There are some real losers, like Royal Pains and Necessary Roughness.

And over on TNT, Major Crimes is a major let-down without Kyra Sedgwick. I love Mary McDonnell but the show just doesn't work anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2809/05/2012

I have been watching Season 1 all weekend on OnDemand. This show's premise is preposterous, but the two leads are good.

by Anonymousreply 2912/02/2012

Just watched the first episode of season 2. You are telling me that the managing partner knows she has a person who is NOT a lawyer working AS a lawyer in her firm? And she is OK with this? Really?

The show is entertaining and the leads are good, but the premise is just so unbelievable it is hard to get past it at times.

by Anonymousreply 3012/03/2012

No, she doesn't, R30. She thinks he's a douche, but if you had watched first season, you'd know that a hacker placed him on the Harvard law database so if anyone checks, he was a student. All the classes with grades and other details are on there. She wants Harvey to dump him because she thinks he isn't up to the firm's standards, although if you'd looked as some of those other first year idiots, you'd think they had no standards.

The only people in the firm who know are Harvey and the Gina Torres character. And maybe Harvey's secretary, the incredibly hot redhead. She found out in season 1, but now the writers are acting like she has amnesia on this matter.

by Anonymousreply 3112/03/2012

R31 you just contradicted yourself.

Gina Torres IS the managing partner of the firm. She knows Mike isn't a legitimate lawyer.

In the real world, you cannot take the bar exam unless you have a law degree, so the basic premise for this show is already fictional.

by Anonymousreply 3212/04/2012

Um, R31--I did watch the first season. I am now onto the second season. This has to be one of the worst kept secrets in the firm.

They could've made Mike just a regular lawyer and the legal stories would still be good. It almost borders on sci-fi the premise is so dumb.

by Anonymousreply 3312/04/2012

You're all wrong. "Hooker Lawyer" is USA Network's best show.

by Anonymousreply 3412/04/2012

I want to have Gabriel Macht's children.

Actually, while he looks amazing in his Tom Ford wardrobe, I get the feeling his body isn't in top shape - you never see him dressed casually or shirtless. What's he hiding? Dinner plate nipples, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 3512/05/2012

Dang, I wish I could remember where, but I've seen a picture of his body and it is Fine, especially for a forty-something. The kid, with such a nice face, however, has a fluffy disappointment for a physique.

by Anonymousreply 3612/05/2012

His body is great. They did an episode where he was training in a boxing ring and he is fine.

by Anonymousreply 3712/05/2012

Pretty much all of USA's original series are mediocre.

by Anonymousreply 3812/05/2012

I am liking Gabriel macht more and more as i watch season 2. Gina Torres gets on my nerves.

I find Louis very entertaining but why on earth did they even attempt to make him straight?

by Anonymousreply 3912/05/2012

Every time I hear about a new show on USA, I think: "Well, it sounds like a potentially interesting premise." Then, I watch a couple of episodes, realize it's sort of derivative, with a forgettable, largely mediocre cast.

by Anonymousreply 4012/05/2012

What was the show they just ended with Mary McDonald about the witness protection program? Plain Sight? So derivative. But most of the cop procedural stuff is lame. Pair two polar opposites together (it helps if one of them isn't a "real" cop and is somewhat eccentric) and a supporting cast of quirky yet endearing characters. And you've pretty much summed up most of today's cop shows. Save for Southland, and even that dips into cliche territory. But Regina King is MY GIRL!!!

by Anonymousreply 4112/06/2012

One more character plot device - a gruff but lovable Captain.

by Anonymousreply 4212/06/2012

The one thing USA does well is casting their shows. This is how they end up with good actors stuck in a mediocre show. Michael Ealy was the latest casualty in Common Law. If you saw him in Sleeper Cell you know how good he is.

by Anonymousreply 4312/06/2012

Gabriel had his shirt off in one episode where he sleeps with opposing counsel. He has a perfectly nice body for his age, but not particularly well defined. I still think he's great.

by Anonymousreply 4412/06/2012

[quote]I find Louis very entertaining but why on earth did they even attempt to make him straight?

I haven't watched the second season yet, but I distinctly remember one scene where Louis is commenting on Harvey's vinyl collection and notes the conspicuous absence of the "best British band of all time":

Harvey: Oh yeah, who?

Louis: Queen, of course!

Harvey: That figures...

But yeah: I don't know if it's the actor or the character, but Louis pings OFF THE CHARTS.

As for other USA shows: I'd have to say my fave is "Covert Affairs," followed quickly by "White Collar." Btw why the hell does "Covert Affairs" get to do four or five overseas location shoots a year, but "Suits" is stuck trying to make Toronto look like Manhattan most of the time?

Also, like others I'm continually finding "Suits" hard to swallow, but I find it difficult even ASIDE from the basic plot contrivance of Mike getting a job (or taking the bar) with no law degree. I know wrapping up lawsuits in a single episode is a staple of law dramas, but some of the shit in "Suits" goes well into the realm of farce, e.g. Harvey's town car getting hit by a cab and them having a conference with the judge about it the NEXT DAY, and then going to TRIAL the day after that! (and moreover a JURY trial, since apparently voir dire is one of those things that doesn't exist on TV, much like the apparent ability of TV characters to go for years on end without needing to use the toilet) Perhaps the most absurd thing of all was a comment Harvey made about "clerking for a Supreme Court judge" -- absolutely NO LAWYER IN AMERICA would make the mistake of calling a U.S. Supreme Court justice a "judge," in ANY context.

by Anonymousreply 4512/06/2012

So it's seasons 3 already. When are Harvey and Mike gonna get it on?

by Anonymousreply 4607/18/2013

Just started watching it. Harvey is testosterone and then some.

by Anonymousreply 4701/09/2014

[quote] I want to have Gabriel Macht's children

He married that irritating Aussie chick, Jacinda Barrett, that was on The Real World, London edition. She let her little dog crap all over the place and never cleaned it up. She's guest starred on Suits. She also dated and was engaged to Chris Hardwick in the late 1990's

by Anonymousreply 4801/09/2014

I want to worship Harvey's big meaty thighs!

by Anonymousreply 4901/09/2014

[quote] Btw why the hell does "Covert Affairs" get to do four or five overseas location shoots a year, but "Suits" is stuck trying to make Toronto look like Manhattan most of the time?

The locations are the main reason I watch "Covert Affairs" now, but the first season was laughable with the not even bothering to hide Toronto-as-Washington.

by Anonymousreply 5001/09/2014
Need more help? Click Here.