Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Viral Facebook post says Barack Obama has lowest spending record of any recent president: MOSTLY TRUE

[quote]Mitt Romney is wrong to claim that spending under Obama has "accelerated at a pace without precedent in recent history," because it's actually risen "slower than at any time in nearly 60 years."

Judgement: Mostly True.

The Facebook post says Mitt Romney is wrong to claim that spending under Obama has "accelerated at a pace without precedent in recent history," because it's actually risen "slower than at any time in nearly 60 years."

Obama has indeed presided over the slowest growth in spending of any president using raw dollars, and it was the second-slowest if you adjust for inflation. The math simultaneously backs up Nutting’s calculations and demolishes Romney’s contention. The only significant shortcoming of the graphic is that it fails to note that some of the restraint in spending was fueled by demands from congressional Republicans. On balance, we rate the claim Mostly True.

Details at link:

by Anonymousreply 1510/17/2012

... and Dubbya has the second highest inflation-adjusted spending increases.

by Anonymousreply 107/19/2012

by Anonymousreply 207/20/2012

Spread this around. Make sure as many people as possible see this.

And always say "Another Republican lie put to rest" to drive home the point.

by Anonymousreply 307/20/2012

by Anonymousreply 407/20/2012

Guys, I need a favor. One of my sister's friends wrote on her facebook (I know)that his health insurance just went up 400%. He said thanks to Obama, the biggest tax increase in history. I know it's bullshit, but I need a good comeback. Some of you are brilliant with this, so thanks in advance if you can help.

by Anonymousreply 507/20/2012

Its impossible to answer why your sister's friend is wrong, which she is, without knowing more details.

What part of the Affordable Care Act does she think caused her insurance to quadruple? So far the parts that have gone into effect could not do that.

by Anonymousreply 607/20/2012

That's what I told my sister. This guy (from high-school) puts political stuff from infowars and that type of nonsense up. What his original post said was " A couple trillion in debt. Thanks Obama". And my sister wrote "are you sure that's all Obama's debt?" And he wrote back "keep sailin with that. My insurance just increased 400%." So my sister called me, and wanted to write something succinct, and to knock down his argument, but I couldn't help her except to tell her he was an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 707/20/2012

There is no way to argue with those people. I'd just tell her to ask him what enacted part of the Affordable Care Act he thinks caused his insurance to go up. I'm sure he knows absolutely nothing about it.

by Anonymousreply 807/21/2012

Doesn't matter since the wind blows from the East today. That's the fault of the black man in the White House. Impeach the motherfucker so the wind will never blow from the East again!

by Anonymousreply 907/21/2012

Republicans hate facts. Facts are almost [italic]never[/italic] on their side.

by Anonymousreply 1007/23/2012

bumping truth to counteract the GOP LIES

by Anonymousreply 1107/28/2012

And yet Republican voters continue to believe the exact opposite.

by Anonymousreply 1207/29/2012

by Anonymousreply 1309/25/2012

Far be it for us to ever want to tell the truth!

by Anonymousreply 1409/26/2012

Bump for the truth

by Anonymousreply 1510/17/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!