Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Justin Bieber is entitled to ***FREE GAS*** in Canada!

“I’m actually part Indian. I think Inuit or something? I’m enough percent that in Canada I can get free gas.” - Justin Bieber

by Anonymousreply 8206/01/2013

He's in luck! I give free gas!

by Anonymousreply 107/19/2012

Native people in Canada DO NOT FUCKING GET FREE GAS.

If a Native person lives on a reservation, they are not charged any tax on gas or other products. Idiot Bieber was probably told this and his idiot brain processed it incorrectly.

It's disturbing how much misinformation white Canadians believe about Canadian Natives. They also think Natives get free education, which is bullshit.

If a tribe's band council has enough funds for education, then yes, a Native student can have their studies funded.

There are also some healthcare benefits for Native peoples, but they're very basic.

by Anonymousreply 207/19/2012

He gives me gas!

by Anonymousreply 307/19/2012

R2 Justin Bieber is Canadian and he knows what he is talking about. If he gets free gas because he is part Native, he gets free gas.

Just like Shania Twain. She is part Native and got many benefits to help her career along the way.

by Anonymousreply 407/19/2012

It won't cost him a thing to douse himself in it.

And I have a match.

by Anonymousreply 507/19/2012

I can't believe some of you actually believe everything you read. He does not get free gas.

by Anonymousreply 607/19/2012

R6 the media in Canada has not disputed this story, about him getting free gas.

by Anonymousreply 707/19/2012

I have gas each time I eat beans!

by Anonymousreply 807/19/2012

Justin Bieber is currently applying for US citizenship. Canada will be rid of him soon.....not soon enough but better late than never.

by Anonymousreply 907/19/2012

R9 The fact is ALL CANADIANS are proud of Justin Bieber.

by Anonymousreply 1007/19/2012

R4, you are a fucking idiot.

I am half-Native. My mother is Mi'kmaq. I know exactly what Canadian Natives are entitled to.

Here, you can even look it up yourself on the Aboriginal Affairs government website, linked below.

I spent the first few years of my life on a reservation. It's hell. There are very FEW "benefits" to being Native in Canada. Generally speaking, being Native in Canada is a pain in the ass -- Natives have to deal with a shitload of racism.

[quote]Just like Shania Twain. She is part Native and got many benefits to help her career along the way.

No, she's a fucking white chick who appropriated her step-father's Native culture. Twain was never entitled to any Native benefits, ever.

[quote]the media in Canada has not disputed this story, about him getting free gas.

Yeah, just give it time. It will be disputed, dipshit. And you can check for yourself at the link below. But you're probably too fucking stupid to do that, right? Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 1107/19/2012

R10, shut the fuck up. The ONLY Canadians proud of Bieber are his tween fangirls. So shut the fuck up.

Link goes to article about Bieber's stupid "free gas" claim.

by Anonymousreply 1207/19/2012

All Canadian 8-12 year old girls are proud of him. The others don't know who he is or think he is American as he has been living in the USA for 3 years now.

by Anonymousreply 1307/19/2012

So-rry...Miss Justine!

by Anonymousreply 1407/19/2012

All Canadian Musicians are terribly embarrassed by Justin Bieber. The whole karaoke singer thing is an Americans thing, it has never infested Canada before.

by Anonymousreply 1507/19/2012

Considering that the English stole everything from the Natives, I'd think free gas, education and healthcare would be the least of the reparations owed to them...

by Anonymousreply 1607/19/2012

How can Canadians be pround of a bratty kid with anger management issues who is all auto-tuned?

by Anonymousreply 1707/19/2012

[quote] No, she's a fucking white chick who appropriated her step-father's Native culture. Twain was never entitled to any Native benefits, ever.

For someone who claims to know a lot about Aboriginal affairs in Canada, you misrepresented a lot about Shania's background.

She is legally entitled to be registered as a "status Indian". Shania currently holds a status card and is on the official band membership list of the Temagami First Nation.

At that time, by virtue of her step-father Jerry Twain being a full-blooded Ojibway and the rights guaranteed to Native Americans in the Jay Treaty (1794), Shania became legally registered as having 50 per cent Native American blood.

I think you owe Shania an apology as she sees herself as Native. period.

by Anonymousreply 1807/19/2012

"I think you owe Shania an apology as she sees herself as Native. period."

I think this is the dumbest thing I have read on DL in quite awhile. exclamation point!

by Anonymousreply 1907/19/2012

How is it being a troll when Shania Twain sees herself as a Native Canadian?

When did ethnicity becoming trolling?

by Anonymousreply 2107/19/2012

The secret of good trolling is knowing when to walk away r21.

by Anonymousreply 2207/19/2012

Shania's STEP-dad is an Indian, so she gets Status?

That's fucking wrong!

by Anonymousreply 2307/19/2012

R18, it is very, very rare for an adopted white child to gain Native status in Canada, and I seriously doubt that Shania Twain has that status. If she does have a status card, it should be taken away from her.

With regard to the Jay Treaty and section 289 of the US Immigration and Naturalization Act, Twain would never be entitled to American residency because she posses 0% Indian blood quantum. To qualify for U.S. residency, an "American Indian born in Canada" must possess at leaste 50% Indian blood. American law does not recognize adoptions by Native Canadians of non-Native children.

Because I am half-Native and can prove that through tribal ancestry and records, I have U.S. residency status and have a SSN and can live and work in the U.S. at any time I wish to.

Also, just because white girl Shania Twain identifies as Native doesn't mean Natives recognize HER as Native. She's a fucking member of the "Wanabi" tribe (wanna be).

by Anonymousreply 2407/19/2012

So it is okay to attack someone's ethnicity.

OK got it.

by Anonymousreply 2507/19/2012

And R11, your link doesn't tell SHIT about the real benefits that Indians get.

What's your yearly Treaty payment, R11?

Some Indians claim it's only $5 a year.

But I dated an asshole who said he got $5000 per year!

by Anonymousreply 2607/19/2012

Justin Bieber is the whitest white boy ever. I have a hard time beliebing he is part native/aboriginal anything.

by Anonymousreply 2707/19/2012

[quote]by: Burp...

Wyatt Earp makes ME burp!

by Anonymousreply 2807/19/2012

Interesting R11.

My brother's ex is part native through her mother who now lives on a reservation in Manitoba.

She said it is difficult to get regular household products on the reserves because they are abused; huffing I guess. She talked about things like PAM cooking spray.

by Anonymousreply 2907/19/2012

R24 Shanis says herself about her heritage

"I don't know how much Indian blood I actually have in me, but as the adopted daughter of my father Jerry, I became registered as a 50% North American Indian ... That is my heart and my soul, and I'm very proud of it."

'My father (Twain) went out of his way to raise three daughters that weren't even his. For me to acknowledge another man as my father, a man who was never there for me a a father, who wasn't the one who struggled everyday to put food on our table, would have hurt him terribly. We were a family.

Step-father, step-brothers, we never used that vocabulary in our home. To have referred to him as my step-father would have been the worst slap across the face to him'.

"I have never played an active role in the larger Native community, just my own Native family, that's all I've ever know. My success as a country singer has brought me into that larger community. I'm aware of that now. The most important thing to me is that the community, especially the Native youth, understand that I have not lied to them. I have never promoted myself as a Native artist. I've never flaunted it or exploited it. I would never do that. This is tearing me apart from my family--robbing me of my identity and I won't let anyone do that to me or my family."

She has membership in the Temagami First Nation, and the group has said they consider her Native.

by Anonymousreply 3007/19/2012

Yikes, R29. My childhood friend Vince died at the age of 15 after huffing Pam. It did a thorough job of sealing the alveoli, and he died rather horribly.

by Anonymousreply 3107/19/2012

I'd still like to butt fuck him

by Anonymousreply 3207/19/2012

Yes r7, just because the Canadian media isn't reporting on such a stupid story must mean it's true.

by Anonymousreply 3307/19/2012

[quote]Considering that the English stole everything from the Natives, I'd think free gas, education and healthcare would be the least of the reparations owed to them...

In addition to the tens of billions of dollars blown over the years?

by Anonymousreply 3407/19/2012

r20, it's amazing how Bieber riles people up, Canadian or not.

JFC, when did anyone ever think twice about what a teenage twink says?

Seriously-they are to be seen and not heard.

by Anonymousreply 3507/19/2012

"My mother is Mi'kmaq"

That's Maqic Mi'ke, R11.

by Anonymousreply 3607/19/2012

Who pays for gas?!

by Anonymousreply 3707/19/2012

Canadian Natives = Eskimos, right? Or am I confused.

by Anonymousreply 3807/19/2012

R38. Canada calls "Eskimo:"

"First Nation" or "Inuit."

by Anonymousreply 3907/19/2012

[quote] All Canadian Musicians are terribly embarrassed by Justin Bieber. The whole karaoke singer thing is an Americans thing, it has never infested Canada before

Well you're infested now. And it's like herpes. Once you get it, you've got it forever. It's painful and you're ruined. Just like us

by Anonymousreply 4007/19/2012

[quote] "I don't know how much Indian blood I actually have in me, but as the adopted daughter of my father Jerry

Do the math Shania honey. It's zero. You have ZERO Indian blood in you

by Anonymousreply 4107/19/2012

[quote]Canadian Natives = Eskimos, right? Or am I confused.

R38, Eskimos are the ones who live waaaay up North, in the perma-frozen areas.

We call them Inuit.

The rest of the Natives are called Aboriginals, First Nations, or just plain old scummy Indians.

by Anonymousreply 4207/19/2012

Without me and the french you're just...Americans.

by Anonymousreply 4307/19/2012

Has Anne Murray weighed in on this controversy yet?

by Anonymousreply 4407/19/2012

People like to claim being part indian if they have ANY relation to a registered tribe member, no matter how far apart that relation is. For example, my friend's grandfather was on the Cherokee rolls and received benefits but he's too far removed for anything except to claim indian heritage. And very little at that. But of course that's not what he tells people, it's all about him being part indian.

by Anonymousreply 4507/19/2012

[quote]Canadian Natives = Eskimos, right? Or am I confused.

You know, aboriginal Americans don't just cease to exist north of the 49th parallel. Canada has a long and complicated history with respect to the Native tribes that happen to live on its territory, too. Same with Mexico. The whole Western Hemisphere, in fact!

by Anonymousreply 4607/19/2012

[quote]I think you owe Shania an apology as she sees herself as Native.

Back awaaaaaaaay from your Shania shrine, freakshow fangurl. You are much too invested in her.

by Anonymousreply 4707/19/2012

And we call Canadians like r42 racists.

by Anonymousreply 4807/20/2012

R47 it is okay to attacks someone's ethnicity?

by Anonymousreply 4907/20/2012

He didn't say that he gets free gas. He said that he can get it, meaning that he qualifies for it. What a strange story. The free gas thing was obviously just meant as emphasis on his background. I can't stand this kid, but I also can't stand how incapable people are of understanding basic things.

by Anonymousreply 5107/21/2012

I'm 100% Native and 100% Canadien and definitely thought he was a Caucasian American. If I don't get free gas no was in hell should that rich little brat get free anything.

by Anonymousreply 5207/22/2012

R11, Kemosabe, I think some posters (r4) are yanking your medicine bag. Don't fall for it.

Seriously, though, thanks for the info about Canadian natives. I have heard horror stories about reservation life in the U.S. I hope that you've recovered from your childhood.

by Anonymousreply 5307/22/2012

I will never forgive Canada for inflicting this piece of worthless garbage on the world. Never!

by Anonymousreply 5407/22/2012

LOL, R54.

Don't blame Canada, blame Usher!

by Anonymousreply 5507/22/2012

but we are only free to pass gas!!

by Anonymousreply 5607/22/2012

I find it funny that it's not only JB would lacks education- how shameful that there are still "Canadians" out there who don't understand anything about the reservation life, or residential school syndrome WHEN Canada wouldn't have began without the Aboriginals... open your eyes and BE part of the solution and not the problem... seems like pale people often forget about that white trash that never makes it to the dump... oh wait, unless the dump is.a trailer park or some seedy apartment... what's even worse, white trash who live in mansions- ugh, the worst kind.

by Anonymousreply 5707/22/2012

Who lacks* some ugly typos in there.

by Anonymousreply 5807/22/2012

My goodness, that half Miqmak fellow swears a blue streak!

by Anonymousreply 5907/22/2012

first of all i am full status native american, and second of all I do not get free gas and for all the uneducated morons, native people do not get shit for free, I do not live on reserve but I do know whats its like people struggle there so for all you white people we do not get free gas!!!

by Anonymousreply 6007/22/2012

Pfft. Canadians are cheap ass mother fuckers. I got tenure bitch.

by Anonymousreply 6107/22/2012

by Anonymousreply 6307/24/2012

LOOK! Justin is the biggest and wealthiest singing star of this generation. If they want to give him free gas, so be it!

by Anonymousreply 6407/24/2012

The Toronto Star had an article about this stupid Bieber comment. It ISN'T fucking true, the free gas shit, okay?

by Anonymousreply 6508/03/2012

R62, how much is school costing you?

Are you paying a single penny out of your own pocket?

Or are all your expenses being covered by the government?

by Anonymousreply 6608/03/2012

R66, you realize you stole all of their land, right?

by Anonymousreply 6708/03/2012

Actually, R67, *I* didn't do a damn thing to them!

People the same colour as me did mean stuff to them 200 fucking years ago.

That doesn't make ME responsible for what happened any more than YOU are responsible for all the deaths caused by Bush/Cheney/Rove.

by Anonymousreply 6808/03/2012

[quote]That doesn't make ME responsible for what happened any more than YOU are responsible for all the deaths caused by Bush/Cheney/Rove.

Okay, look. You're a racist. You are part of the damn problem.

Aboriginal people in Canada are discriminated against openly. So many Canadians hate them and won't give aboriginals jobs simply because they are aboriginal.

So aboriginals are then stuck in the poverty cycle, and are forced to take social assistance.

Regarding the drinking and criminal activity -- you would do the same thing if you were spit on, abused, and despised by the people who stole your fucking land.

Yes, stolen land. Canada and Her Majesty, the Queen, fucked over many tribes and basically ignored all kinds of treaties. It still continues today.

Canadians can be extremely racist where aboriginal people are concerned, and it's openly accepted. Did you know that South Africa got the idea for apartheid from Canada? Yeah, not many non-Natives know that.

by Anonymousreply 6908/05/2012

On a side note I see actor Billy Merasty at the baths all the time.

by Anonymousreply 7008/05/2012

R69, are you Status?

If not, why not?

If so, what kind of benefits do you get? Be honest!

by Anonymousreply 7108/05/2012

And do you realize that the Indians in Canada stole their land from??? Other Indians. Yes that is right.

The first group of Indians came over via the Bering Straight. Then they settled. The next group came over and through warfare pushed the newly settled Indians further south.

This continued all the way to South America.

So don't be saying WE stole anything, as the Indians were doing it to each other.

How far back do you want to go? The Franks stole their land from the Gauls.

The French Normans invaded and displaced the English tribes. And so forth.

That we stole their land is a bunch of bull shit.

You fight a war, if you lose, you lose your land. It's how it works.

Most times the Indians willingly sold their land and then got mad because they were suckers.

It would be like if I bought an iPad and then the next day they went on sale. I didn't get ripped off. But some people will think they did.

by Anonymousreply 7208/06/2012

Right, first off:

Biebs sure is one hell of an argument starter!

It's become quite obvious that there's no free gas for Natives in Canada. That's a moot point.

Onto this little scuffle.

I don't think the Natives are really at fault for their current situation. Those at the bottom of the food chain are often the ones who make the rounds in the criminal world. It's poverty rearing its fangs. It's also a recurring lesson in history, so our Anti-Native friend should not be so hypocritical, choosing to ignore this history whilst basing his arguments on other historical references.

That does bring me to my second point, though.

This whole "white people stole our land" stuff is, quite frankly, dry. I know I sound like a twat but, get over it. Mr. Racist over here brings up a very good point: it's happened before, it'll happen again, for goodness sakes, shut up. Natives fought each other, and any particular group been strong enough, they would have done what the Europeans did. Europe has shiften hands so many times, conquerer after despot, tyrant after dictator. The only difference is that the natives, due in part because of their strong resiliency and in part because of the softening politics of the times, have managed to stick around, largely unassimilated. In harsher times, if you didn't adapt, you died.

Stick to old ways if you wish, but the times they are a changing. You can't expect to be seen in the same light if you don't change with them.

by Anonymousreply 7308/07/2012

I am a full blooded Native. If people think that I get free gas that is not true. Sure we can get a discount ONCE IN AWHILE but it is not by much. We still end up paying full price which we don't care about in the first place. As for our education only a selected few who apply for funding from their bands get school paid for. Its not free the funding comes out of the band offices pocket. I hate being discriminated over being native and find it dumb that people hate natives. What did we ever do?

by Anonymousreply 7408/07/2012

so what Justin bieber said that...I mean yes it s stupid but a lot of people don't really know a lot about the free was a bit rude (a lot of celebrities say rude things sometimes) but GET OVER IT!!! Move's not that big of a deal and all the things in the magazines about him swearing at people HE'S JUST A TEENAGE's hard on him and anyways...half the time he never even said those things stop freaking out about this little thing And to they who claims he's do we really know your actually fully native anyways...

by Anonymousreply 7508/07/2012

Is It just me or does it seem like there are a lot of "full native American people" on this...I mean come on...

by Anonymousreply 7608/07/2012

i used to admire Justin Bieber till i heard he is racist to my kind, though i am not racsit to any kind. I don't like the fact Justin thinks we get free gas. We pay for our gas we just don't pay for Taxes. Just because he has a little aboriginal in him, he shouldn't have the right to get free gas. To those who talked about Shania Twain, I would agree she is part Ojibway and is entitled to part citizenship as an aborignal. We dont' get free stuff, our band pays for it. We have our rights, read the law in indian act, Don't be jealous.

by Anonymousreply 7709/14/2012

Justin Beiber is in for a rude awakening. His career won't last long anyway. He's a pompous dick who thinks his shit doesn't stink. The dude needs to start saving his money.

by Anonymousreply 7809/16/2012

got to hand it to the Beebs. Woo Hoo, free gas! i love all this talk of "my indian band pays for it" where the fuck do you think the Band gets "their" money from????? from hard working white people who pay tax so the federal government can dish out, I mean, shovel money to fuckin savage lazy fuckin indians! Dont you have a cousin to fuck somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 7901/26/2013

Justin is a jack% $* And Shania is Not a NATIVE. Her stepdad was. He also NICKNAMED her Shania. Her real name is Eileen or Irene or something. I'm Native, and only *ON* the Rez we get a tax free comp.

by Anonymousreply 8005/30/2013

Can't we find some way to get Canada to take him back?

by Anonymousreply 8106/01/2013

[quote] The whole karaoke singer thing is an Americans thing

Oh yeah? An AmericanS thing, is it?

I guess that's why karaoke has such an AmericanS name.

by Anonymousreply 8206/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!