Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Obama says he won't apologize to Romney

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says he will not apologize to likely Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney for an aide's comment last week that false filings to a government regulator could bring a felony charge.

"No. We will not apologize," Obama said in an interview taped Saturday with WAVY-TV in Portsmouth, Va., and posted on the station's website Sunday. "Mr. Romney claims he's Mr. Fix-it for the economy because of his business experience, so I think voters entirely legitimately want to know what is exactly his business experience."

Obama spent two days campaigning in tightly contested Virginia last week, reminding voters of the discrepancies between Securities and Exchange Commission filings and Romney's recollection of his role at Bain Capital. Obama's deputy campaign manager, Stephanie Cutter, suggested Thursday Romney might be guilty of a felony for misrepresenting his position at Bain to the SEC.

by Anonymousreply 8712/09/2012

Obama should apologize to Romney just as soon as haters like Tea Baggers and Ms. Mitch McConnell stop referring privately to Obama as "the nigger in the White House."

by Anonymousreply 107/15/2012

Romney is a weasel. He's a liar. He's a money-laundering capitalist with bank accounts in Switzerland, Luxembourg and the Cayman Islands. Why anyone would vote for this Bainster is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 207/15/2012

The days of caving to right wingers are OVAH.

by Anonymousreply 307/15/2012

I'm glad Obama is going on the attack!

by Anonymousreply 407/15/2012

It's long overdue that Democrats started fighting fire with fire. Enough of Willie Horton, Lee Atwater, Karl Rove and Swift Boating (Swift Yatching?) Dems have traditionally been inept at counter punching, ceding that to the Republicans. No more.

by Anonymousreply 507/15/2012

Finally!

by Anonymousreply 607/15/2012

He should say we'll apologize as soon as the teabagging fuckwads that demand my birth certificate apologize to ME!

by Anonymousreply 707/15/2012

Go Obama! Finally, making it clear and concise, and yet stinging. Let's hope there's more of this in the campaign.

by Anonymousreply 807/15/2012

Link please

by Anonymousreply 907/15/2012

[quote]He should say we'll apologize as soon as the teabagging fuckwads that demand my birth certificate apologize to ME!

True, and afterall, since Romney refuses to call out the Birthers and refuses to call out Donald Trump for his own Birther meltdown on CNN last month, Romney should apologize for allowing these sort of people to be part of his campaign.

by Anonymousreply 1007/15/2012

Romney is a liar and a tax scofflaw, no apologies should be made.

by Anonymousreply 1107/15/2012

The President of the United States should apologize for stating the mere, uncontestable fact that filing false statements to a government agency is a crime?

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 1207/15/2012

Republicans want an apology for being called out on their bullshit. Quelle surprise.

by Anonymousreply 1307/15/2012

Wow. They must know that Romney is unelectable if they call him a potential felon. That's a vey dangerous tack for a sitting President to have to take.

by Anonymousreply 1407/15/2012

It's not a dangerous tack. A dangerous tack is saying your guy wasn't involved in a company after 1999 when his name is all over docs filed with the SEC for the following three years saying he was. There is nothing dangerous with Obama pointing out that it's a felony for him to have declared himself something he wasn't in these documents.

And, obviously, Obama is not saying Romney is a felon. Neither he nor anyone else with a brain should believe that Romney was lying on those documents. That's not the point.

The point is that he was telling the truth on those documents and he was responsible for Bain's activity during the years he has been trying to say that he wasn't. Those are the lies that are being revealed, not the felonious ones, just the chickenshit ones that show him for what he is. Not a felon, just a lying bastard who was involved in a company that sold out American jobs and doesn't even have the remnant of integrity to own up to it but would rather cover it up in an idiotic lie that is belied by his own statements in official SEC filings.

by Anonymousreply 1507/16/2012

I wish he really would get thrown in prison and not country club prison.

by Anonymousreply 1607/16/2012

Obama to Romney

I'm sorry you're going to lose.

by Anonymousreply 1707/16/2012

I heard that there is an investigation as to how Mitt Romney was able to swell his 401K Plan by over $100 Million in just 1 year. I forsee that the Rethugs will be looking for another candidate to run for Prez in 2012, and Mittster will be facing some prison time.

by Anonymousreply 1807/16/2012

This says it all:

by Anonymousreply 1907/16/2012

ha

by Anonymousreply 2007/16/2012

The fact Romney would even ask for an apology publically is contrived. It demonstrates that he feels and Rove and his campaign feels, and his voting base feels that they are all superior beings compared to this uppity N***er in the WH.

I can't help but feel this is something they always planned. They have stock repsonses and strategies for any occasion. Think about it. At some point, Rove knew Obama would go on the attack. At some point they were going to ask for an apology. It's a tactic. I think they are hoping for a backlash. That people will feel sorry for Romney.

I loved it when Rahm was quoted: "Quit whining!"

by Anonymousreply 2107/16/2012

These bums from "Factcheck.org" are trying to milk the Obama liar thing for all its worth. I think we can safely say they are paid agents of the Romney campaign. Obama's campaign are telling the truth, Romney's camp are the liars. He DID use Indian call centers to support food stamp recipients in Massachusetts. He DID veto a law that would put an end to the practice, indicating he supported the principle of outsourcing.

by Anonymousreply 2207/16/2012

indeed

by Anonymousreply 2307/16/2012

The counterattack is coming. I've posted this in other threads. Romney needs to change the subject. The irony of these accusations coming from Republicans is pretty amazing.

They propse nothing, they are accountable for nothing, but they really know the smear game.

by Anonymousreply 2407/16/2012

This too!

by Anonymousreply 2507/16/2012

This is a HUGE misstep on Romney's part. Whining for an apology just makes him look weak. It also begs the question, for what should Obama be apologizing? Romney's work history is a legitimate campaign issue, and unlike the urban legend-based attacks on Obama regarding his birth certificate etc., are genuinely pertinent on the rarely discussed yet undeniably relevant plane of the real world in which we all actually exist.

by Anonymousreply 2607/16/2012

Love it, R25!

by Anonymousreply 2707/16/2012

Is Romney the most tin-eared candidate ever? He's certainly made misstep after misstep throughout the campaign, and now that he's got a guy on the other side calling him on it, he's SHOCKED, SHOCKED that someone would ask him to be accountable. (Interesting that other Republicans are calling for him to release his tax records as well).

Didn't some of the other Republican candidates also call him on this during the debates?

by Anonymousreply 2807/16/2012

yes, they all did.

by Anonymousreply 2907/16/2012

They pointed out on the news last night that Obama actually laughed when asked if he would apologize. Finally, a Democrat with balls. I hope this keeps up.

by Anonymousreply 3107/16/2012

[quote]he apologizes to the world for how bad America has been

You do realize that this is not only a lie, it's a stupid one, right? Just checking...

by Anonymousreply 3207/16/2012

You know what, R30, I've never seen a single instance where Obama said what you accuse him of saying. I know this is a popular concept among the Republican base, notorious for their stupidy and lack of familiarity with the truth.

But honestly, if you think about it, President Obama was truly forced to go on a International tour to repair the unilateral, offensive crap the Bush Administration instigated. Bush/Cheney managed to offend everyone and felt threats and wars were a diplomatic solution.

You may be blssed with the convenience of a bad memory, but I know, especially from work travel abroad during that period, especially from 2005 on, that the USA was held in very low regard.

When we were faced with a major financial crisis that impacted the rest of the world markets, and we needed their goodwill and cooperation as never before, President Obama was not apologetic.

He was conciliatory, because we needed cooperation that Bush/Cheney pissed away. When I think back to all the goodwill the Bush administration screwed up in the aftermath of 9/11, with their infantile "freedom Fries" bullshit, I just shake my head at the missed opportunity.

The truth is, we were so weakened after especially by 2005, that the world discovered it could get along very well with the USA out of the game. A lack of good relationships with the rest of the world is very costly.

There are trade agreements and financial concerns that depend on goodwill and forging strong relationships. Bush's go it alone attitude might have satisfied the isolationist cretins out here, but it was very bad for our economy.

So maybe it's asking way too much, but think before you try to peddle that "apology" bullshit. When the rest of the world knows you're an asshole, you come in and say, things weren't real great between us, but let's turn the page and find some common ground to work together and cooperate. What Obama did is simply say, "We need each other."

You must think the rest of the world is as stupid as a lot of Americans. But when you push unsustainable tax cuts, and try to fund to wars, and you have Wall Street turning into Las Vegas East, it's pretty obvious that you cannot go down that road too far without major consequences.

by Anonymousreply 3307/16/2012

I know it's not even 11am, but I'd like to buy R33 a drink.

by Anonymousreply 3407/16/2012

Sorry for the typos, not enough sleep. It's already late afternoon where I am, R34. So, I'll happily take that drink.

by Anonymousreply 3507/16/2012

Romney's experience?

Mitt Romney’s financial company, Bain Capital, invested in a series of firms that specialized in relocating jobs done by American workers to new facilities in low-wage countries like China and India.

During the nearly 15 years that Romney was actively involved in running Bain, a private equity firm that he founded, it owned companies that were pioneers in the practice of shipping work from the United States to overseas call centers and factories making computer components, according to filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

by Anonymousreply 3707/16/2012

Romney's already sorry.

by Anonymousreply 3807/16/2012

Mary Matalin was on ABC yesterday trying to justify Bain Capital shipping jobs overseas. She said there's nothing wrong with it or its part of the way the global market works today and that it is not a bad thing like Obama claims etc.

She kept saying she didn't think any of this would hurt Romney.

Her husband, James Carville, a Democrat, was sitting next to her and disagreed.

by Anonymousreply 3907/16/2012

drink, schmink; i would pay r33's college tuition for a year!

by Anonymousreply 4007/16/2012

Mary Matalin also defended Rush Limbaugh's rape comments against Sandra Fluke so she'll rationalize ANYTHING Republicans do.

by Anonymousreply 4107/16/2012

good point r41.

by Anonymousreply 4207/16/2012

I'd like to see Mary Matalin proven wrong big time in this election.

I hope Romney loses by a large margin.

I don't know how James Carville can stand her.

by Anonymousreply 4307/16/2012

Vote for me, because I'm a VICTIM OF A BLACK MAN'S ASSAULT!

Oh, and btw. the black guy who attacked me may not be born in America! How fucked up is that????

by Anonymousreply 4407/16/2012

R44, the thing is, those tactics might have worked 10 years ago or 40 years ago, but they don't work as much anymore..

by Anonymousreply 4507/16/2012

[quote]so she'll rationalize ANYTHING Republicans do.

Yup. And she's paid big bucks to do just that. I do so love watching a prostitute in action, don't you?

Romney's latest excuse is that he's not releasing 20 years of tax returns because ... wait for it ... John Kerry's wife didn't.

They initially tried to claim that presidential candidate Kerry had released only two years of returns. The trouble with that is that it's a lie: Kerry released 20 years worth. So now they're trying to bring Kerry's *wife* into this? This is just pathetic.

And, of course, the more that Romney talks about this, the more he's *not* talking about the things that he wants to talk about and the more the public thinks that there really is something to hide. His handling of this whole thing has just been sad. He should have been ready for this from day one, particularly since Bain has come up more than once in his past campaigns.

by Anonymousreply 4607/16/2012

[quote] "Sucks to be you, eh Underwear Boy?"

-- Barack HUSSEIN Obama, PRESIDENT of the UNiTED STATES of AMERICA

That's MAGIC Underwear Boy to you!

by Anonymousreply 4707/16/2012

[quote]I'd like to see Mary Matalin proven wrong big time in this election.

I hope Romney loses by a large margin.

I don't know how James Carville can stand her.

Because she can suck an egg through a garden hose.

by Anonymousreply 4807/16/2012

bump

by Anonymousreply 4907/16/2012

[quote]I don't know how James Carville can stand her.

First, he is no prize.

Second, they are just play acting; neither cares if anything they say is true. It's all so they can stay on TV and consult, earning $$$$$$.

by Anonymousreply 5007/16/2012

R50, what's unusual is for 2 spouses to both work for opposing political parties.

It's not something you find in the political world very often.

by Anonymousreply 5107/16/2012

I loved the gawker headline about this:

"Obama Apologizes to Romney: 'Cram it with Walnuts, Ugly!'"

Showing he has a spine makes me love Obama all the more. God for him.

by Anonymousreply 5207/16/2012

He's been pressed.

I guess he's fed up. Finally.

by Anonymousreply 5307/16/2012

[quote]what's unusual is for 2 spouses to both work for opposing political parties.

The hate sex and the make up sex after a big fight must be the best thing about the relationship.

by Anonymousreply 5407/16/2012

[quote]I don't know how James Carville can stand her. Because she can suck an egg through a garden hose.

Don't disparage her talent. It took her years of sucking lemons to develop this skill.

by Anonymousreply 5507/16/2012

Obama has always had spine. He's just very Zen and very low key. A lot of people wrongly confuse style with substance. He doesn't grandstand. There is something very "Eastern" about him.

I've met other people from Hawaii, and they seem to never get rattled about anything. There is always this calm at their center.

We get frustrated and upset, because we are used to different pacing, and we are used to the soundbite, bellicose political types. He is none of those.

He's also very very smart. people think they know what he will do, or ought to do, and he is just biding his time but when he moves,he is really prepared, and he goes for it. He takes the shot.

by Anonymousreply 5607/16/2012

Insightful, r56.

by Anonymousreply 5707/17/2012

R56, I understand what you are saying about the Hawaii mindset, but that doesn't change the fact that there are times when Obama lacks the bold, transformative vision of FDR.

by Anonymousreply 5807/17/2012

He's not playing chess, he's playing air hockey! He's playing Twister! He's batting blindfolded at a piñata!

by Anonymousreply 6107/17/2012

[quote]He's a weak little lapdog with legions who inexplicably defend him in the same way they make long and labored excuses for any two-bit minority caught stealing -- other people's stuff.

Yeah, they want FREE stuff! All those minorities.

Hi, Mitt!

by Anonymousreply 6207/17/2012

wow. r59 couldn't help but reveal his/her racism there....

fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 6307/17/2012

l

by Anonymousreply 6407/17/2012

R59 is a harbinger. Look for the race card to be played in all kinds of ways this time out. If you think Mittens wasn't playing it when he went to the NAACP convention you're wrong. Discussions about race is the "third rail" in American Politics. They don't play well. YOu mention race and people tune out immediately.

So we'll see more and more media whores raising race-based discussions. It will be a little bit more subtle then trotting out the Rev. Wright tapes, but not by much.

We need to prepare ourselves and our friends to fasten seatbelts, for the Rovian deluge. I saw Claire McCaskill on MSNBC last night and she is fighting hard, I really like her, but Rove is after her in Missouri and she needs help.

I swear, if I could I'd volunteer to work in a swing state, or a tight Congressional race every weekendFrom now until election day. We need to spread the word to the clueless that the Rethugs are trying to buy the election.

We need to observe the legitimate, credible polls, to see if there is any movement post the Bain debacle, too.

by Anonymousreply 6507/17/2012

He's already losing. His chances of winning are down to 40%

by Anonymousreply 6607/17/2012

The criticism is not towards the minorities, but those who mindlessly defend them no matter what.

What inspires such incessant championing is racism in itself -- they refuse to believe the minorities can survive without them.

by Anonymousreply 6707/17/2012

History explains it, R67.

And "no matter what" is a matter of opinion.

by Anonymousreply 6807/17/2012

r59 just digs deeper.

by Anonymousreply 6907/17/2012

I hope Obama never apologizes for anything.

That fucking Bush never apologized for spendind ALL of our money on a needless war. Obama should NEVER apologize for anything.

by Anonymousreply 7007/17/2012

I hope Obama just continues to patiently hammer away at those lying bastaRds...maybe a few intelligent right wingers will WAKE UP.

by Anonymousreply 7107/17/2012

[quote]The criticism is not towards the minorities, but those who mindlessly defend them no matter what.

Just digging that hole deeper and deeper, aren't you? Alas that you can't come up with a single example of anyone who "mindlessly defend[s]" any "minorities," "no matter what."

When you're in a hole, just stop digging. Better to be thought a fool and a racist than continue to post here and prove it.

by Anonymousreply 7207/17/2012

The game Obama seems to be playing this week is "fuck the Mormon". And turns out he's pretty good at it!

by Anonymousreply 7307/17/2012

And it's surprisingly fun to watch, R73.

by Anonymousreply 7407/17/2012

r59 might not even be american. i have found that a lot of our most racist posters are either south african or british...

by Anonymousreply 7507/17/2012

Racist don't belong in any culture. If they find that they can't control their racist nature...better they just committ suicide, no one needs them.

by Anonymousreply 7607/17/2012

R59 is an asshole. Obama has a great vision and real knowledge but when most of the power is help by the greedy few, wealthy corporations...there isn't a lot of good anyone can do. Until we pry the power out the the hands of those greedy, rich and hopefully DEAD hands...our country can't move forward. Don't bother to tell me how America needs the corporations for jobs...bullshit. It's time to rip those corporations apart and get them down to something more managable. Every military corporation should be turned over to the government. All of our Generals should be fired. All of our banks should be turned over to the government until we get them under control. We are suppose to be a democracy, instead we are a country run by corporations...it's not right and we need to end it.

by Anonymousreply 7707/17/2012

For some reason, the Repugs don't really want to win this election. I'm not sure why but let's face it, no one could respect any of their candadates. It makes me somewhat uneasy.

by Anonymousreply 7807/17/2012

Why isn't that doughboy, Rove, dead? He's disgusting, he reminds me of every lowlife that ever got involved in American politics. He's a horror show and should be treated with complete disrespect wherever he turns up.

by Anonymousreply 7907/17/2012

This really was one of the weakest slates any party has fielded for the presidency. Most of the candidates were jokes and the party was so desperate for someone, anyone, to step in and save them, that they didn't resign themselves to Romney until the very end.

by Anonymousreply 8007/17/2012

When you call someone a Muslim Marxist Kenyan afirmative action baby who pals around with terrorists, you are really not in a very good position to demand an apology for bringing up perfectly legitimate questions.

by Anonymousreply 8107/17/2012

[quote]I saw Claire McCaskill on MSNBC last night and she is fighting hard, I really like her, but Rove is after her in Missouri

Rove should not be allowed to be involved with elections. He should be in jail.

by Anonymousreply 8207/17/2012

Urf

by Anonymousreply 8307/17/2012

I got my Christmas present early this year. Thanks, Mitty!

by Anonymousreply 8412/09/2012

Obama should have pulled out his big dick and pissed on Romney.

Wait, wait, America did that for the President.

by Anonymousreply 8512/09/2012

Sweetie Darling, R85, it's bumped because Obama won and it is delicious.

by Anonymousreply 8612/09/2012

He should piss on you as well, r86.

by Anonymousreply 8712/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.