Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Just broke up with a straight guy

Just broke up with a straight guy I'd been "dating" for a month. We went to movies, dinner, took him sailing, a Giants game, and went on long walks together on the beach at sunset and talked for hours.

Call me old-fashioned, but I just don't kiss on the first, second, ... or fifth date. But I tried on the sixth. Didn't work out so well.

His name is Greg-o-ree. How many straight guys with incredibly cute butts do you know who call themselves Greg-o-ree? Not "Greg," which is the proper, hetero version. Gregory is pissed that I tried to break up with him and isn't having any of it... "We were never even a couple" etc.. and won't stop texting me. Greg is coming over for dinner tomorrow.

He says this isn't the first time this situation has happened.

I just don't have the time to clean the hot tub or call him Greg-oree, but I can cook a mean lamb shank with couscous.

We will likely watch the All-Stars game after dinner. But I'm not gonna try to hold his hand.

Fuck me, please.

by Anonymousreply 161April 1, 2020 12:59 AM

What "All-Stars" game? The MLB game from Tuesday?

Nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 1July 15, 2012 12:33 AM

6/10. Would read once more.

by Anonymousreply 2July 15, 2012 12:33 AM

LMAO at "All-Stars" game. Fucking Mary. If you're gonna play the sports card, learn the proper words and phrases.

by Anonymousreply 3July 15, 2012 12:41 AM

Serve him quiche and a salad prepared in a salad spinner. They all go gay that way.

by Anonymousreply 4July 15, 2012 12:55 AM

3/10.

by Anonymousreply 5July 15, 2012 2:28 AM

This BETTER be a troll post. First, you idiot from hell, a STRAIGHT guy doesn't date men. Period. So, whatever the fucking nomenclature you are using or HE is using, it is wrong. Second, your whole story makes sense. You said you just "broke up" with him but you were not even a couple? And, honey, if you don't kiss by the fifth date, there is something SO wrong with you. So, hope this is all a troll post. Otherwise, you are a mess.

by Anonymousreply 6July 15, 2012 2:42 AM

[quote]I just don't kiss on the first, second, ... or fifth date. But I tried on the sixth.

Brazen hussy! You're practically GIVING it away for free!

by Anonymousreply 7July 15, 2012 2:46 AM

We're so sorry, Cassie.

by Anonymousreply 8July 15, 2012 3:21 AM

Sweetheart, I've been there. You have all my sympathy. Get rid of this straight guy at once. Please, learn from my experience: GET RID OF HIM AT ONCE. You will never, NEVER get what you want. And he will take and take and take and take and take, until he has left you with nothing.

It isn't just that straight guys want to take from you and not give anything in return. It's that they want to take everything and leave you with nothing.

Believe me.

I have so been there.

GET RID OF HIM NOW.

Otherwise you'll end up very very very very unhappy.

by Anonymousreply 9July 15, 2012 3:38 AM

OP, you are a heartless boob. Considering all the love starved gays in China and India you waste your affection on a hetero doodle in San Francisco. It's not as though you don't have a huge oriental population to select a token Chinaman or Hindu-hottie.

by Anonymousreply 10July 15, 2012 3:40 AM

I once was madly in love with a straigt guy, he played me along for sometime and stole everything from me. I am still not over it

by Anonymousreply 11July 15, 2012 3:47 AM

Darlin', you're a damn whore!

by Anonymousreply 12July 15, 2012 3:54 AM

Oh, and I need mental help.

by Anonymousreply 13July 15, 2012 3:59 AM

Pathetic, op. Completely pathetic, but not undeserved. This is what happens to self-loathing gays who chase after straight guys.

Blech.

by Anonymousreply 14July 15, 2012 4:45 AM

Where did the Giants play in June?

by Anonymousreply 15July 15, 2012 4:58 AM

Jive talking you're telling me lines

And jive talking it isn't a crime...

by Anonymousreply 16July 15, 2012 5:05 AM

R15, I know you are trying to help, but that's kind of a fail.

The Giants are hosting the Astros at AT&T park tonight. It's the name of the San Francisco pro baseball team as well as your NY football team. Good try though. I'll give you bonus points for your effort.

But you'd certainly think the OP's imaginary straight boyfriend would be watching that game tonight rather than the "All-Stars" (I still can't get over that) game which was played 4 days ago. That's if this weren't an uninspired work of fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 17July 15, 2012 5:13 AM

You don't need mental help, OP. You need an editor and some humility.

by Anonymousreply 18July 15, 2012 5:18 AM

Baseball's the one with the small balls and no stupid protective gear, right?

by Anonymousreply 19July 15, 2012 5:41 AM

r7 wins.

by Anonymousreply 20July 15, 2012 9:02 PM

[quote]Just broke up with a straight guy I'd been "dating" for a month. We went to movies, dinner, took him sailing, a Giants game, and went on long walks together on the beach at sunset and talked for hours.

Oh, trollerina. You've seen waaaaaaaay too many straight rom-coms. Sailing? Long walks on the beach? In the first *month*? Also, as noted, you clearly know nothing either about sports or the fact that the Bay Area's beaches aren't walking-friendly.

[quote]Call me old-fashioned, but I just don't kiss on the first, second, ... or fifth date. But I tried on the sixth. Didn't work out so well.

Uh-huh. You're quite old-fashioned ... an old-fashioned troll, that is. Seriously, is ANYONE buying this shit?

by Anonymousreply 21July 15, 2012 9:10 PM

I've seen episodes of Bewitched that were less contrived than this thread, OP.

by Anonymousreply 22July 15, 2012 9:29 PM

b

by Anonymousreply 23July 2, 2013 12:15 PM

I'd like some updates, too, real or not.

by Anonymousreply 24July 2, 2013 12:20 PM

Okay, R24, here goes:

We had fantastic make-up sex. Unfortunately, we both have necrophile tendencies.....

by Anonymousreply 25July 2, 2013 12:58 PM

This is worse than an episode of Noah's Arc.

by Anonymousreply 26July 2, 2013 1:22 PM

I could write a book about my failed relationships with straight guys.

Or at least a good EST ...

by Anonymousreply 27July 2, 2013 2:25 PM

I never view my straight bros sexually. Don't ruin your friendships.

by Anonymousreply 28July 2, 2013 7:31 PM

R27 I hate to break it too you, but if you as a guy fooled around with another guy than THAT GUY IS NOT STRAIGHT!!!

Simple logic 101

Real straight guys would fuck a 400lb woman with a smelly pussy and a yeast infection (or at least let her blow them) before they would ever touch another guy

It repulses a lot of them, even if they're not homophobic

by Anonymousreply 29July 2, 2013 7:40 PM

troll

by Anonymousreply 30July 2, 2013 7:42 PM

We are sorry, but we have declined your application to be the new head writer for the online version of "All My Children."

by Anonymousreply 31July 2, 2013 7:44 PM

[quote] Real straight guys would fuck a 400lb woman with a smelly pussy and a yeast infection (or at least let her blow them) before they would ever touch another guy.

The DL definition of "straight" is as accurate as trying to judge one's appearance in a funhouse mirror.

by Anonymousreply 32July 2, 2013 7:45 PM

[quote]failed relationships

Gee, R29, you don't read too well.

Relationships. With Straight guys. THEY FAILED.

I never said I had sex with them. They were STRAIGHT - gee, maybe one of the reasons the relationships FAILED.

Dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 33July 3, 2013 3:13 AM

For as long as there have been online message boards, mailing lists and chat rooms, there have been gay guys framing their hopeless "relationships" online, hoping that they can draw others into their fantasy, thereby allowing them to believe that what they imagine might actually be real. Lucky for them, there are others online, who are willing to play along, because, you know, if I believe in your imaginary boyfriend, maybe you will believe in mine, when I find him.

OP, if you have any chance in the world with this straight guy, go find a gay guy. Attaining the attainable is much more satisfying than not attaining the unattainable.

by Anonymousreply 34July 3, 2013 3:50 AM

hilarious thread

by Anonymousreply 35July 13, 2013 10:45 PM

pic please

by Anonymousreply 36July 22, 2013 3:27 AM

Pretty sure when OP refers to "All-Stars" he means "Night of 100 Stars". Total boner candy to straight men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 22, 2013 3:40 AM

Datalounge isnt about Winning, R20. You sound like Charley Sheen.

by Anonymousreply 38July 22, 2013 3:48 AM

OP, what's your recipe for the lamb and couscous?

by Anonymousreply 39July 22, 2013 3:52 AM

lol

by Anonymousreply 40July 22, 2013 4:29 PM

e

by Anonymousreply 41August 15, 2013 12:35 PM

poor thing

by Anonymousreply 42August 22, 2013 3:20 AM

'

by Anonymousreply 43September 16, 2013 7:24 PM

Made-up BULLSHIT. Next?

by Anonymousreply 44September 16, 2013 7:26 PM

OP, are you two still together?

And I think we all know that the OP meant that his buddy is "straight-identified" and not strictly straight-straight.

by Anonymousreply 45September 16, 2013 7:30 PM

OP: Your pretend bf is a major closet case. You just broke up with a major closet case who is in major denial.

by Anonymousreply 46September 16, 2013 7:33 PM

Funny to find this thread bumped after so long. It really happened. I forgot all about Greg-O-Ree.

We met at an AA meeting in SF. He would constantly text me, was a cute, single, school teacher, and rather e fee me Nate. I assumed he was gay, and flirting. I made it clear that I'm gay; I watch baseball because I think a lot of the players are hot.

I still think he's gay but was not sexually attracted to me.

by Anonymousreply 47September 16, 2013 8:17 PM

Just re-read my original post, written over a year ago.

It reminds me how empty and desperate I felt after the breakup of a very L LTR.

Have recently started to fall in love again. BTW, I learned to put out by the second date now or third dates wouldn't happen.

Don't know what ever happened to Gregory, but still have his cell#. Am tempted to text him to ask if he's still not gay, then post the response here, but will just punch and delete instead.

by Anonymousreply 48September 16, 2013 8:32 PM

I just heard from my "straight" boyfriend from 30 years ago. He's still "straight" (except when he sucks dick).

by Anonymousreply 49September 16, 2013 8:38 PM

OP - would you mind giving us Gregory's cell? There are only 49 of us.

by Anonymousreply 50September 16, 2013 8:52 PM

whoa!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 18, 2013 1:55 AM

lol

by Anonymousreply 52September 27, 2013 2:41 PM

Madonna's daughter is dating a guy named Timothee, OP.

by Anonymousreply 53September 27, 2013 2:48 PM

Wow, OP, you're like Taylor Swift in reverse... When does your album drop?

by Anonymousreply 54September 27, 2013 2:50 PM

;'

by Anonymousreply 55September 30, 2013 11:04 PM

pic please, OP

by Anonymousreply 56October 8, 2013 2:43 AM

I picked blue because it's your favorite color Greggie!

by Anonymousreply 57October 8, 2013 3:05 AM

Wan

by Anonymousreply 58October 8, 2013 3:46 AM

I'm a 30 year old, good looking, masculine attractive gay male and I've come to this realization about straight guys from my own experiences throughout the years:

STRAIGHT GUYS FUCKING LOVE MASCULINE GAY GUYS

I've had straight guys, after they find out I'm gay, BEG me to hang out with them, watch sports, hunt and go fishing etc

I had one hot straight dude who was begging to hang out with me and go to a gay bar together

Later tonight I'm meeting up with this new straight buddy of mine at his house to watch some hockey and drink some beer, he's been BEGGING me all week to hang with him while his girlfriend is at work.

He had previously told me that when he was a teenager, he's 21 now, that he experimented with other guys and that he doesn't regret it.

He's also redneck as all hell, but hot in that wife beater way

by Anonymousreply 59October 10, 2013 6:32 PM

NOW we're talking, r59.

Do any of these friendships ever lead to anything physical?

And please keep us posted about your 21 year old experimenter.

by Anonymousreply 60October 10, 2013 7:12 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 11, 2013 1:53 AM

r59, how did it go?

by Anonymousreply 62October 11, 2013 3:57 PM

R62 met him at his house, we ordered some pizza and started drinking around 6

He told me his girlfriend would be home by 9:30, while drinking he showed me a book on World War II that he was writing on his computer, he also told me he was in the military briefly and showed me his tats.

I got buzzed enough to tell him that I thought he was hot when I first saw him at work and he replied by yelling "Yes"! He then told me that I was a "really good looking guy" and that I could be a model, and he loved my hair and he asked me what kind of gel I used

Then he told that he wore his best tightest clothes and shaved just for me, because he wanted to impress me.

Long story short, he messed around with a couple of guys when he was younger, he identifies as bisexual and although nothing hapoened that night, because his controlling bitchy girlfriend came home pretty early, were gonna hang together on Saturday night at get drunk.

After his girl came home and started bitching that the place was a mess and that she had a headache from work, we all sat on the couch to watch a horror movie DVD, the girlfriend kept on bitching that the movie was "stupid", Mike (the bi guy) kept farting on the couch and I was dying laughing, and I kept on encouraging him and the girlfriend was not to pleased, saying "ew that's so gross".

The movie ended and they went to bed in the bedroom and I ended up crashing on the couch

I don't think the girlfriend likes me and all the male bonding and fun officially ended when she came home from work.

by Anonymousreply 63October 12, 2013 7:35 AM

I don't care how much of this thread is true. I'm enjoying the stories and they're turning me on. More, more. But maybe less of the farting. That's not so sexy.

by Anonymousreply 64October 12, 2013 7:51 AM

R64 it's 100% true, especially the unfortunate part of us NOT fooling around

As far the farting it was hilarious and I was encouraging him by telling him to "do it" and that he had "one good rip left".

Fortunately they were odorless and I got a good fart off and Mike was impressed.

by Anonymousreply 65October 12, 2013 12:24 PM

please excise the fart stuff out, dude

by Anonymousreply 66October 12, 2013 4:52 PM

Why did you sleep over?

Where do you think you two will wind up tonight?

by Anonymousreply 67October 12, 2013 5:19 PM

There are some straight men who come across as gay and enjoy attracting homosexualists. If one is within a two-mile radius of me, I will find him.

by Anonymousreply 68October 12, 2013 5:26 PM

Give up an example, r68, with some details.

by Anonymousreply 69October 12, 2013 5:28 PM

[quote]Real straight guys would fuck a 400lb woman with a smelly pussy and a yeast infection (or at least let her blow them) before they would ever touch another guy

Bullshit. Straight guys are not all the same. Some of them want to try gay sex to see what it's like. Some of them will do some things with a guy. Some are gay for play.

Your attitude that gay sex is SO DISGUSTING to them that they'd rather die reflects self-hatred more than reality.

by Anonymousreply 70October 12, 2013 5:31 PM

I have the opposite problem R69, If a closeted Gay guy is within a 20 mile radius of me, he WILL find me.

by Anonymousreply 71October 12, 2013 5:35 PM

okay, perhaps a straight dude will try sex with a male once to experiment. but if they try it more than once, they are NOT straight.

by Anonymousreply 72October 12, 2013 6:23 PM

I'm with R72. "Straight cards" don't have to leave your wallet to turn into "gay cards."

by Anonymousreply 73October 12, 2013 6:26 PM

R72, don't ruin the fantasy for the ridiculous, desperate queens who like to think that straight guys will go gay only for them, because they are SOOOOO irresistible that everyone wants them.

And yes, R70 , truly straight men are all DYING to sleep with other men. It's society's best kept secret! In fact, they dream about sleeping with you and every other gay man who crosses their path. Now, you keep telling yourself that until it becomes true, sweetie... (hint: keep wishing in vain for something that's completely fictitious, you fool).

by Anonymousreply 74October 12, 2013 6:37 PM

I guess this is the same troll who keeps posting threads with "straight guy" or "straight guys" in the title. "I Just Fucked a Straight Guy." "I Just Got My Cock Sucked by a Straight Guy." "Why Do So Many Straight Guys Want to Fuck me?" "My Straight Guy Fuck Buddy's Wife Saw Us Tongue Kissing." Stuff of that nature. It's pathetic.

It's very tiresome and not humorous at all. This poor troll obviously is very lonely and has a lot of time on his hands. Poor soul.

by Anonymousreply 75October 12, 2013 6:45 PM

Obviously they are not DYING to sleep with other men. But it's not like touching another man is an act so powerful that no straight guy could ever do it.

Many gay men had sexual experience with women. They are still gay. Or are you consistent and consider these men forever bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 76October 12, 2013 6:48 PM

Many gay men have had sexual experiences with women due to intense social pressures. Those same pressures do not exist for straight men to sleep with other men - quite the opposite, in fact.

If he keeps going back, he ain't straight.

by Anonymousreply 77October 12, 2013 7:03 PM

You know, if we just used the phrase "straight-identified," these threads would have more relevant comments and less semantics.

by Anonymousreply 78October 12, 2013 7:09 PM

So sad r59

by Anonymousreply 79October 12, 2013 7:22 PM

Thank you for this thread DL'ers. I am a prodigal daughter who wandered off, inadvisably, to a strange new cyber home. Many months later I find myself sad, empty and yes...lonely. Today, inexplicably I was drawn to visit DL for the first time since February(my membership in still in full effect)and voila! I happened upon this resurrected thread.

It reminded me in short order of what I had been missing: humor, intellect and the art of being clever without coming off like as ass.

I love you Data Lounge Daddy. May I come home now?

by Anonymousreply 80October 12, 2013 7:48 PM

I have a straight brother. He says any man who has ever had a penis in his mouth is GAY.

Straight guys just don't suck cock. Sorry.

He's not homophobic. I've see gay guys cruise him many times. He thinks nothing of it. Sometimes he laughs.

by Anonymousreply 81October 12, 2013 7:58 PM

I have a straight neighbor. He says any man who has ever had a hotdog in his mouth is GAY.

by Anonymousreply 82October 12, 2013 8:04 PM

[quote] I have a straight brother. He says any man who has ever had a penis in his mouth is GAY.

Straight guys just don't suck cock. Sorry.

He's not homophobic. I've see gay guys cruise him many times. He thinks nothing of it. Sometimes he laughs.

That's good for a laugh. In my experience it is straight guys who insist anyone who sucks cock is gay - are in gay and in the closet.

It's similar to insisting someone can't be gay because they have a girlfriend, wife and/or children.

by Anonymousreply 83October 12, 2013 8:05 PM

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, 82.

It's not like I asked you to push an elevator button....relax.

by Anonymousreply 84October 12, 2013 8:08 PM

No, it's not 83.

[quote]It's similar to insisting someone can't be gay because they have a girlfriend, wife and/or children.

BS...married men on the down low is so common, it's discussed by the mainstream.

If a man gives blow jobs, he is not straight. He might not self identify as gay nor bi, but he is deluded if he calls himself straight.

by Anonymousreply 85October 12, 2013 8:13 PM

You think it is impossible for a straight guy to suck cock? What about for money? Or curiosity? Or is your position that cocksucking is such an abnormal activity for a man that only people with the right genes could possibly do it?

It's a ridiculous argument that putting a cock in his mouth makes a man gay, regardless of his motives or how he feels about the experience.

by Anonymousreply 86October 12, 2013 8:16 PM

Putting a penis in a man's mouth is not the act that makes a man gay per se. It's the whole having sex with a dude that certainly makes him not straight. It's the gender of the partner, dude.

by Anonymousreply 87October 12, 2013 8:20 PM

Sorry OP but you are profoundly retarded if you think a straight man has sex with other men.

by Anonymousreply 88October 12, 2013 8:22 PM

Paint a hundred pictures, am I an artist?

Write a hundred books, am I an author?

But suck one cock...

by Anonymousreply 89October 12, 2013 8:24 PM

So, if men can have sex with men and still be straight - can I kill someone and not be a murderer?

by Anonymousreply 90October 12, 2013 8:29 PM

Telex, gents. I'm just telling you what my brother told me. Why get your panties Ina bunch? We tell each other a lot of things...we are very close.

He's a straight man and hangs out with straight and gay men. None of his straight friends have sucked cock.

Why would a straight man be curious about sucking cock?

How many gay women suck cock? How many are curious to try?

Why is it so hard for you...oh, never mind. Enjoy your fantasy world if you must.

by Anonymousreply 91October 12, 2013 8:30 PM

90 quit being an asshole. George Zimmerman confronted and killed an unarmed kid and was not prosecuted for murder.

by Anonymousreply 92October 12, 2013 8:31 PM

You know, if we just used the phrase "straight-identified," these threads would have more relevant comments and less semantics.

by Anonymousreply 93October 12, 2013 8:32 PM

[quote]So, if men can have sex with men and still be straight - can I kill someone and not be a murderer?

Republican reasoning.

Sexual orientation is defined by a person's sexual and emotional desires, not by behavior.

by Anonymousreply 94October 12, 2013 8:36 PM

Thanks R92. I couldn't help but chuckle at that.

by Anonymousreply 95October 12, 2013 8:38 PM

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96October 12, 2013 8:39 PM

R94, I tend to agree with you unless said behavior is repeated numerous times.

by Anonymousreply 97October 12, 2013 8:40 PM

[quote] If a man gives blow jobs, he is not straight. He might not self identify as gay nor bi, but he is deluded if he calls himself straight.

thanks R97 for clearing that up.

It always helps when someone who knows everything about everyone chimes in.

by Anonymousreply 98October 12, 2013 9:43 PM

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 99October 12, 2013 10:03 PM

I only date bi and heteroflexible dudes. Got to be 100 percent masculine.

by Anonymousreply 100October 13, 2013 5:55 PM

[quote]BS...married men on the down low is so common, it's discussed by the mainstream.

You metric for whether something is true or not is if the mainstream media discusses it?

It must be so difficult for you to believe everything discussed on Fox News and MSNBC.

Rachel Maddow and Bill O'Reilly must give you brain fever.

by Anonymousreply 101October 13, 2013 6:11 PM

Sorry, r100, that I hit a nerve. Why the bitterness...? It's a difference of opinion, yet you are taking personal offence.

To-ma-to

To-mah-to

Who knew my anecdote had the power to enrage.

by Anonymousreply 102October 13, 2013 8:45 PM

You gotta love the way some discussions go on DL.

Someone makes a foolish statement.

Then when people point out how foolish he/she is being two things happen.

1) All of a sudden a statement of fact is simply the foolish person's opinion.

2) People are overreacting to their comment.

My advice - either go away or strap on a pair and defend your foolish position.

by Anonymousreply 103October 13, 2013 9:34 PM

[R96], sorry but the Kinsey scale concept is too complicated for the typical DL simpleton

by Anonymousreply 104October 13, 2013 10:02 PM

I love heteroflexible dudes.

by Anonymousreply 105October 17, 2013 3:51 PM

tell us more stories, OP

by Anonymousreply 106October 18, 2013 9:12 PM

Sorry r106, don't have any interesting stories, except those I've already posted on other threads.

No news about Greg-o-ree. But I'm thinking about getting sober (again...) and might actually need AA meetings for awhile to do it (dread...) so maybe I'll start texting him.

Going to drink tonight to get the courage to have sex with my married FB, who is also a shy alkie and needs booze to hook-up.

by Anonymousreply 107October 18, 2013 9:51 PM

pic of these dudes please

by Anonymousreply 108November 1, 2013 3:13 PM

c

by Anonymousreply 109November 9, 2013 4:42 PM

Wow

by Anonymousreply 110November 9, 2013 7:22 PM

Hot thread, dude

by Anonymousreply 111November 11, 2013 6:26 PM

Dude alert!!

by Anonymousreply 112November 11, 2013 10:01 PM

I finally texted Gregory to ask him if he's still straight and still sober. He answered yes to both and wished me well.

He's among the most femmy straight guys I've ever met and he has very cute gay face that just smelled fresh baked cookies and has a perfect bubble butt that won't quit. He likes certain stereotypical "guy things" like sports and outdoor activities, but he's also kind and sensitive. I like that combo, and didn't intend to initiate the usual straight-acting vs. self-hating debate. I just assumed he was gay, but I believe that he is not.

My new boyfriend/fuckbuddy is, in contrast, a blunt, butch, hairy bear. When he opens his mouth, power tools (not purses) fall out. Yet he hates team sports and hiking, plays the violin, and enjoys quilting and baking frau pies. He's also a dominant top, which I'm getting used to. Other than his beautiful twinkly eyes with long lashes, I'd never have guessed he's one of the gays until his tongue went down my throat at a party.

My bromance with Gregory was real and affectionate -- except there was no sex. It helped me heal from a bad breakup and the newness of sobriety. I feel a tinge of guilt for dumping him as a friend who wouldn't put out. I also think it's fun to sexually objectify straight men. Karma. Greg is very tolerant and patient, but I still feel that he's a bit of an experienced prick tease.

by Anonymousreply 113November 12, 2013 5:16 AM

Why do you only seem to get involved with married guys?

There seems to be some self-loathing there.

by Anonymousreply 114November 12, 2013 5:23 AM

No, I still love him. What more can I do?

by Anonymousreply 115November 12, 2013 5:37 AM

r114 is the Self-Loathing Troll. r115 is Vicky Carr.

by Anonymousreply 116November 12, 2013 6:53 AM

R29 Unless there isn't one around.

by Anonymousreply 117November 12, 2013 7:24 AM

/

by Anonymousreply 118January 1, 2014 6:36 AM

HoneyBadgerDC HoneyBadgerDC is online now Member t t Join Date: Jul 2012 Location: Torrance Ca Posts: 2,295 Not gay but want to spend your life with a friend If two friends of the same sex feel like they would be quite happy spending their lives together even though sexually they would continue to seek out the opposite sex should they be allowed to marry? They would essentially be roomates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119January 1, 2014 5:10 PM

I agree with r114. Gay guys who seek married closeted 'straights' seem to have a deep problem accepting themselves. probably tied to the alcoholism too OP. have you ever had therapy for this?

by Anonymousreply 120January 12, 2014 5:31 PM

(R104) When discussing someone's sexual orientation or their sexual activities I only use the Kinsey scale. I only use the words gay, bisexual or straight in a political context.

I think the majority of the world's population are ones, twos, fours and fives, followed by the zeros and sixes, then threes.

by Anonymousreply 121January 12, 2014 5:49 PM

Glad to see this thread bumped again.

r114, I don't seek any type in particular, but am attracted to bear types -- but don't get to choose who is attracted to me. I don't care if the seem butch or femmy; I just like them big and hairy. If someone seems interested in me, I go for it. It's pretty random, and doesn't happen often anymore at my age.

I totally misread my "straight boyfriend's" intentions. Was pretty confused after the breakup with my partner.

Haven't had any problem whatsoever accepting myself as gay. I do have a problem with being single, a bit lonely, older, and not having many dating options. I don't go to bars. A lot of guys my age either no longer exist, are HIV+, or partnered.

by Anonymousreply 122January 12, 2014 5:56 PM

very interesting

by Anonymousreply 123July 3, 2014 4:45 AM

My experience with tis type of man, and yes I've had several now, is that they do not want to kiss. They do not want romance or physical affection. They DO want their own kind of love and companionship with you (only) and to be emotionlessly buttfucked. Not terribly often, and it is best accomplished wordlessly. Simply take their hand and pull them gently to the bedroom, give some simple instructions the first time, then put it in.

Do not talk about it. I cannot stress that enough.

Some people like this, I do; most gay men do not.

by Anonymousreply 124July 3, 2014 7:02 AM

Ok

by Anonymousreply 125July 4, 2014 2:53 PM

Got that, straight men?

You can't be friendly with a gay guy. He'll assume watching a ballgame with you or grabbing lunch is "a date". Don't bother assuming that making no physical contact with your gay buddy will maintain a platonic, buddies friendship. The gay guy will make a move. Then scream that you are closetted if you reject him. Then, if you try and remonstrate that you like the gay guy as a person and hope your friendship can continue, the gay guy will scream that you, who he now refers to as his "ex" is "stalking" him.

by Anonymousreply 126July 4, 2014 3:05 PM

wow

by Anonymousreply 127July 6, 2014 1:06 AM

R126, what about the straight guys who seems to think everything gay guy does is just a ruse to get the straight guy in the bed? This happened with me. Granted I did try to hit on this het guy at first, and he didn't mind, he actually thanked me for picking his spirits up and making him feel like someone could love him. We were pretty good friends at the time, had started a new school in the same class and we visited each other few times a week.

When it came obvious that he didn't really want anything more than occasional cuddling with me I cooled it down and kept it completely on buddy basis. We didn't visit each other that often anymore and there was never absolutely anything romantic or sexual about because I had moved on with new guys and he had his string of girlfriends. Fast forward couple of years when we rarely see each other anymore and just out of nowhere it comes up somewhere that this guy thinks that I'm completely in love with him. I denied it of course because it wasn't true at all, but he seemed to not believe it. I realized that he had probably thought all those years that I was all the time trying to get into bed with him. And that he had probably told to this our mutual friends, too, although no one said anything about it.

So yeah, it's not always the gay guys who are delusional about things with hets. Or hets and hets, I think Kinsey scale is true to a point, and if I've tried something with hets I believe they are bi.

by Anonymousreply 128July 6, 2014 1:53 AM

g

by Anonymousreply 129August 1, 2014 1:02 AM

OP, update us

by Anonymousreply 130August 28, 2014 3:32 PM

hot

by Anonymousreply 131November 30, 2014 3:21 PM

Better call the Po-leece on Greg-o ree!

by Anonymousreply 132November 30, 2014 3:28 PM

OP = n.e.v.e.r.h.a.p.p.e.n.e.d.

by Anonymousreply 133November 30, 2014 7:51 PM

We want pics!

by Anonymousreply 134December 1, 2014 3:20 PM

Nothing to update about Gregory. Didn't even think about him during the Giants playoffs or the World Series.

Have forgiven my ex, am at peace, have moved on from him, Gregory, and the married FB (except for occasional sex), too. Time heals. Am possibly now entering a long-distance relationship, so am sticking with the "unavailable" theme.

Don't understand why this thread keeps returning.

by Anonymousreply 135December 2, 2014 12:43 AM

very interesting update, OP. YOu need to blog, bro.

by Anonymousreply 136December 2, 2014 2:42 AM

Sorry OP you broke up with a BI or in the closet gay guy! No straight guy dates another man.

by Anonymousreply 137December 2, 2014 12:37 PM

What a bizarre thread.

by Anonymousreply 138December 2, 2014 12:41 PM

I like your dating updates, OP.

by Anonymousreply 139December 2, 2014 12:47 PM

Up-dating... due to Vodka and boredom.,, and since r139 axed.

Continuing to meet great men on mainstream dating websites, but when we meet in person, there's usually mutual disinterest. But when there's been mutual interest, I should have fucked and asked questions later. Would need a blog for that. Especially for -- yes -- the married guys. And the FTM.

Subscribed to hookup sites and that's been working out rather well for me, except that I'd need Barbra Bush's balls to actually meet these guys. But am getting close.

Started going to bars in the last 2 months and had a few tongues rammed down my throat, but refused to go home with them because I know when I've had too much alcohol and that I don't want any STDs.

The married FB is suddenly no longer married and had to get a restraining order. We finally met again this morning for an awesome, sober, fuck session. I'm no longer smitten by him, so getting the job done is easier. Am already liking 2015.

Am becoming slutty again like it's 1982. Prolly should consider doing PrEP/Truvada (am appalled that it's come to this).

I posted this thread 2.5 years ago during a dark time. Looking back, I really do now think that Gregory is gay.

The responses are why I keep coming back to the DL for 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 140January 2, 2015 3:00 AM

Sure sounds like Gregory is gay.

by Anonymousreply 141January 2, 2015 3:43 AM

WHY do we continue to try and figure of the workings of the mind of straight men? Because it's so much fun, and remember the "partial reinforcement effect?"

Straight men care about one thing in this world first, last and always ... and that comes before duty honor country mom kids apple pie and all the rest ... pussy. But, in one of the most incredible of life's paradoxes, when pussy is not around they are easily distracted, will do things one would not dare to hope for, and almost always have no guilt whatsoever.

That's pretty much why.

by Anonymousreply 142January 2, 2015 8:13 AM

However, there are men who do NOT fit this pattern and who are perfectly comfortable having a good (happens to be) gay friend, even a best friend. Keep your hands off this type, and enjoy a good, long friendship.

by Anonymousreply 143January 2, 2015 8:16 AM

Take me back, my love.

by Anonymousreply 144January 2, 2015 1:50 PM

I was "seeing" a straight young guy some years back. I secretly loved him but loved his young, fun company more. We went on trips together; spent a lot of time together. Nothing sexual ever happened although I suspect he was closeted and confused. He stopped seeing me because I became a bit clingy and didn't take well to him having girlfriends (which was inevitable). I tried, perhaps too many times, to get him to change his mind but he ignored my messages. I'd give anything to have him back as a friend but it would never be the same I know.

by Anonymousreply 145January 3, 2015 12:08 AM

Moral of the story: don't hit on straight guys.

by Anonymousreply 146January 3, 2015 12:35 AM

r146, well, if they are mutually hitting on you, it is all good, bro!

by Anonymousreply 147January 26, 2015 4:51 PM

R8

Oh man! I'm rolling on that one! LOL

by Anonymousreply 148January 26, 2015 4:56 PM

Straight guys don't "date" other men.

by Anonymousreply 149January 26, 2015 5:52 PM

Already posted previously but I LOVE this thread! So glad I found it.

I've had several friendships with "straight" guys where we got close as is described here.

The last one ended 3 years ago. He and I worked together for 4 years. During the first part of our working together he and I would get into the most heated of arguments and then simply make up by apologizing to each other...etc. He once told me that he hated when I was mad at him because he felt so empty deep down in his gut. I thought that was a rather strange thing to say to an openly gay guy coming from a straight guy.

Still we grew closer. We never had sex but there were certain other intimacies towards the end of working together.

One we used to wrestle each other nonstop when we were alone together. It was so hot too because he was better built than me and a complete muscle stud, so of course I always submitted and got pinned.

Then we began hugging each other a lot and both of us were very affectionate towards each other. There were several times when I would be doing something and he would come up behind me, wrap his arm around me and rest his chin on my shoulder. Hell at one point we were listening to music and this song calle "Just A Kiss" by Lady Antebellum came on and he came up behind me, wrapped his arms around me and we just stood there swaying to this song...like slow dancing.

It was bizarre for me and of course a huge turn on.

Eventually we started going out to dinner together...just the two of us and during this time we would discuss sex continually. It got to the point where it was almost awkward because we both realized it was odd that all we did was drink and talk about sex.

In the end, I guess he was simply very comfortable with me and I him.

We eventually went our separate ways and no longer see or hear from each other. But it will always be one of those things that I remember and smile. Like that old saying goes: "Don't be sad it ended, smile because it happened."

by Anonymousreply 150January 26, 2015 8:22 PM

Very sweet, Dipsy! But why was contact lost? Not even FAcebook?

In just an hour, I'm about to meet an MD who was an officer in the military. Met on one of those, you know, apps. We've been texting for 2 weeks. I chickened out on our first date after he wanted to meet at an earlier time because he has "the kids" that night.

Am keeping an open mind. I suspect he was once "straight". For our age group, this is not so unusual.

by Anonymousreply 151January 27, 2015 2:42 AM

OP, what happened with new dude?

by Anonymousreply 152January 28, 2015 12:09 AM

I want to hear more from other gay dudes in which this type of thing has happened?

I've had 4 "relationships" with straight guys that I have ended up being really close.

Any one else care to share. I know there are more.

by Anonymousreply 153January 29, 2015 1:58 PM

R150, dude, how do you go from that to no longer seeing each other cold turkey?

by Anonymousreply 154January 30, 2015 2:54 PM

Most males would never admit watching or liking it because it would make them seem unmanly. It has a stigma attached

by Anonymousreply 155January 30, 2015 3:04 PM

R154

That's another long story in itself.

by Anonymousreply 156January 31, 2015 1:07 AM

Fascinating story dude

by Anonymousreply 157January 31, 2015 6:37 PM

Keep this thread going!

by Anonymousreply 158February 4, 2015 8:08 PM

f

by Anonymousreply 159February 4, 2015 11:41 PM

Gregory sounds cute. OP sounds like a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 160April 1, 2020 12:47 AM

This thread is 8 years old. Why the hell did you bump it, R160?

by Anonymousreply 161April 1, 2020 12:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!