Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hollywood's Greatest Mysteries and Scandals

What really happened to Natalie Wood?

Did the Kennedy's murder Marilyn?

George Reeves, Superman curse, suicide or murder?

What are some of your favorites? Have any theories about what really happened?

by Anonymousreply 17604/26/2015

When Claudine Longet shot and killed Spider Sabich and claimed it was an accident.

by Anonymousreply 907/15/2012

How do Adam Sandler movies keep getting made?

by Anonymousreply 1007/15/2012

Why they don't let Joyce DeWitt continue to make commercials for L'Eggs.

by Anonymousreply 1407/15/2012

13 Every party needs a pooper.

by Anonymousreply 1507/15/2012

Why did they cover up JFK and his bro RK murder?

by Anonymousreply 1607/15/2012

Natalie Wood? I think it's safe to say that it was an accident; she was blotto and fell into the water. Her drunk husband and co-star/maybe lover were having an argument and didn't hear her cries or if having heard them, thought they were a joke. It was a sad, awful way to go , especially since she had a lifelong fear of "dark water"

Supposedly Kirk Douglas raped her. Was that true? Who knows? But if it did happen, then it was just one of those things that happen in Hollywood that goes unreported and gets ignored. Cheryl Crane, daughter of Lana Turner, said she was repeatedly raped by one of her mother's lovers; she went to a doctor who examined her and determined that she had been so badly injured that she should have had stitches. Nothing was ever done about that either.

Marilyn? Oh God, the conspiracy theories about HER death are so ludicrous and unproven. In all likelihood she took too many pills and it finally killed her. But if you want to believe the stories there are plenty of them out there: the Kennedys had her killed, the Mob had her killed in order to ruin the Kennedys, her possessive psychiatrist killed her by giving her a chloral hydrate enema, which on top of all the other drugs she took unbeknownst to him, proved lethal. Take your pick.

George Reeves? There was something very fishy about his death, but whatever might really have happened got shoved under the rug.

The Black Dahlia? That murder was NEVER solved despite several awful books claiming to reveal the killer. "Daddy Was The Black Dahlia Killer" and "Black Dahlia Avenger" are two particularly putrid examples of terrible books on the subject. The murder was particularly horrifying, but the Elizabeth Short wasn't interesting at all. She was just a lazy, not very bright loser with vague dreams of becoming a movie star who hooked up with a monster

by Anonymousreply 2007/15/2012

Did Charlie shoot Kelly? Sure, unless you believe that the gun accidentally fired. Duh!

by Anonymousreply 2107/15/2012

[quote]What really happened to Dorothy Kilgallen?

Bennett Cerf had her killed because he really hated her.

by Anonymousreply 2207/15/2012

Kirk Douglas is a total shit!

by Anonymousreply 2307/15/2012

Bennett Cerf hated everyone.

r24 I wish there was more bio info out there too.

by Anonymousreply 2507/15/2012

Why did the Manson family really slaughter the Sharon Tate bunch at Cielo Drive?

by Anonymousreply 2607/15/2012

Who murdered Bob Crane?

Was it his friend, John Carpenter? Was it a jealous husband or boyfriend of one of Crane's sexual conquests? Was his soon-to-be-ex-wife involved?

by Anonymousreply 2707/15/2012

R13, it's fine to be glib, but a woman who has sex isn't a whore, and Natalie Wood as a teenager wasn't running around having sex, in any event. Douglas was a vile man, and a rapist. Shut the fuck up on this one.

by Anonymousreply 2807/15/2012

[quote]The mysterious disappearance of Sean Flynn & Dana Stone in Vietnam.

I don't think he disappeared in Vietnam. I believe it was Cambodia.

by Anonymousreply 2907/16/2012

And, r29, i think they found their graves a few years back.

by Anonymousreply 3007/16/2012

According to Wikipedia the grave turned out to belong to two other men.

by Anonymousreply 3107/16/2012

Sean Flynn and George Hamilton were very close friends. They went to grade school and high school together.

by Anonymousreply 3207/16/2012

Drug hit, r26

by Anonymousreply 3307/16/2012

Charles Manson wanted to rub out Doris Day's son, who had rejected him for a record deal.

by Anonymousreply 3407/16/2012

How does kristen stewart still get movie roles.??

by Anonymousreply 3507/16/2012

Last week a report emerged that Natalie Wood’s official cause of death had been changed from an “accident” to “undetermined.”

I don't know why Kirk Douglas is protected. The story that he brazenly hired screenwriter Dalton Trumbo to write "Spartacus," even though the acclaimed author was one of the Hollywood Ten is false.

According to Trumbo's family and others involved in the production of "Spartacus," Douglas' claims and boasts are overblown; the actor was not, in fact, instrumental in getting Trumbo a screenwriting credit on "Spartacus," and had to be pushed and convinced to let it happen.

A woman who witnessed the 1968 assassination of Robert F. Kennedy says she has agreed to testify for Sirhan Sirhan's new defense team. I wonder how that will play out.

by Anonymousreply 3607/16/2012

Why are people so convinced Kirk Douglas raped NW (and maybe killed some other people)? Based on what? I'm not saying he didn't but what are you guys basing it on?

by Anonymousreply 3707/16/2012

The whole Michael Jackson thing, his 'love' for kids, his addiction to plastic surgery, his weird death, and now his mom gone missing

by Anonymousreply 3907/22/2012

bump

by Anonymousreply 4007/23/2012

Did Charles Grodin walk in on Beethoven humping a fire hydrant?

by Anonymousreply 4107/23/2012

Why did Garbo stand-up John Gilbert?

What was the REAL reason Cukor was fired from GWTW? Was it because Selznick and Mayer made a secret deal and always intend to have Flemming direct? Or was it because Gable was humiliated knowing that Cukor knew about his gay for pay past?

by Anonymousreply 4207/23/2012

Who killed Ronni Chasen and why?

by Anonymousreply 4307/23/2012

R37, it's been a while since I processed it, so I'm probably a little rusty, but I think it was an actor who was also a producer at a time when that was reasonably uncommon (which fits Douglas) and one who was/is still alive (which rules out a ton of others!) Then there's the fact that she refused to work with him on any movie, notably The Devil's Disciple, for "personal reasons." On the flip side, there is a photo of them together (with dates or mates alongside) smiling, though she may have been suddenly caught in that scenario and just had to make the best of it.

by Anonymousreply 4407/23/2012

Why hasnt Tatum O'Neal tweeted lately?

by Anonymousreply 4507/23/2012

g

by Anonymousreply 4607/25/2012

Every time I start to wonder why I continue to come here, threads like this one pop up out of nowhere. I love these old Hollywood threads (no I'm not even close to an elderday). I wish there was a separate section for old Hollywood so that I could avoid the rest of the board. With regard to the Black Dahlia, is it possible that the Cleveland Torso Killer had something to do with it?

by Anonymousreply 4707/26/2012

Sunmmbudbdy hheulp mie

by Anonymousreply 4808/05/2012

What was the real deal at Roman Polanski's house? Was it rape? Did the mother send the girl in to get a part? How was Jack Nicholson involved?

by Anonymousreply 4908/05/2012

OK, the Manson bad ship lollypop attacked Tate and Co. because of Abigail Folger. She was running drugs from Columbia with Folger's coffee and had soured on a deal with them.

No question, Marilyn was murdered. You don't commit suicide with enemas. I knew an acquaintance of Cyd Charisse, who was making that last movie with Marilyn, Something's Gotta Give. She told him she wsa murdered.

by Anonymousreply 5008/05/2012

Cause Cyd Charisse would know ? That was Cyd's opinion. I believe she was murdered , yes, - but not cause Cyd said it.

by Anonymousreply 5108/05/2012

Nick Adams - kind of like Marilyn's death. Believe it was ruled suicide, but anyone, and everyone, who knew him swears he was murdered. Think (king of all beautiful asses) Bob Conrad, was his best friend, and yet some spoke of Conrad being involved.

by Anonymousreply 5208/05/2012

R35, Tatum is back in rehab again, for coke.

by Anonymousreply 5308/05/2012

Could someone here refresh my memory on the Bruce Willis/ Nick Carter scandal. I read rumors here, but did Hollywood know and or react? Did Demi know or ever comment on the relationship? When I've brought it up to friends they don't believe me and say they've never heard about or read anything about the rumor. Is it a datalounge legend? Did Bruce Willis pay to hush the paps?

by Anonymousreply 5408/05/2012

Seriously - What did really happen to A.J. Benza ? Drugs ? Is he an entertainment reporter on some local station ? He disappeared - anyone know ?

by Anonymousreply 5508/20/2012

The Carol Wayne mystery is particularly interesting and mysterious.

by Anonymousreply 5708/21/2012

Carol Wayne wad Johnny Carson's blonde sidekick in many of his Tonight Show sketches.

by Anonymousreply 5908/21/2012

R56/ r60 etc IS damn annoying.

Stop playing games and use google too.

by Anonymousreply 6308/21/2012

Was Mae West really a man?

by Anonymousreply 6808/21/2012

[quote]How did the famous silent director Thomas Ince die on William Randolph Hearst's yacht?

Quietly.

by Anonymousreply 6908/21/2012

r67 is also r56 using another IP. He accidentally spoke in first person in the "most disturbing piece of literature" thread. So he's flooding and sockpuppeting, the little troll.

by Anonymousreply 7008/21/2012

Carol Wayne was one of the only female comedians that I've ever found to be funny. Very talented and smart.

by Anonymousreply 7208/21/2012

[quote]No more, [R56] / 58 / 60. You need to stop motherfucking bumping old threads that have the keywords dwarf, conjoined, ghost, etc. in them. STOP FUCKING UP THE BOARD BUMPING DOZENS OF OLD THREADS ABOUT THE SHIT YOU'RE OBSESSED WITH, YOU FUCKING DEGENERATE.

Let's give r61 a stroke

by Anonymousreply 7310/03/2012

f

by Anonymousreply 7410/27/2012

NATALIE WOOD WAS NOT A WHORE. WAS SHE? SHAME ON YOU! WHY YOU CALL HER A WHORE? SHE JUST DATED SOME MEN THAT DOESN'T MAKE HER A WHORE.

by Anonymousreply 7511/06/2012

The late Michael Clark Duncan murdered, or enabled the murder, of Big E. Smalls.

He was Big's bodyguard, but took off the night of the murders. The hitmen knew exactly where Big would be in his car. Almost immediately thereafter, Duncan is getting meaty roles in feature films.

Do the math.

by Anonymousreply 7611/06/2012

Major Hollywood mysteries:

The poisoning death of Olive Thomas

The death of Virginia Rappe

The unsolved murder of William Desmond Taylor

The unsolved murder of Thelma Todd

The unsolved murder of the Black Dahlia

The death of William Ince

The death of Paul Bern; murder or suicide?

The death of George Reeves; murder or suicide?

The unsolved murder of Bobby Fuller

The death of Natalie Wood

The death of Marilyn Monroe

The death of Bob Crane

The death of David Carradine

by Anonymousreply 7711/06/2012

Why did they want Big E Smalls dead anyway?

by Anonymousreply 7811/06/2012

The Paul Bern/Jean Harlow saga was very sad. On her wedding night, Jean left her home and arrived at her agent's house in severe pain. When he examined her, he found that she had been lashed with a cane so terribly that it affected her kidneys. Her back was ripped to shreds. Yet, even though she despised him, she went through with the reception the following day (standing far away from her husband) in order to keep everything quiet (Bern was the studio head's right-hand man). The agent said that on her wedding night, Bern (who had the genitals of a toddler) attempted to use a strap-on on his bride and she laughed at him. He shot himself. Harlow's Mom, a Christian Scientist, wouldn't allow Jean to see doctors over the years for her kidney problems and when they began to shut down and poison Harlow's system, Mama still wouldn't let the studio take her to the doctor . . . until it was too late to save her.

by Anonymousreply 7911/06/2012

Natalie Wood was promiscuous but no whore. She didn't fall off the back of the Splendour, Dennis Davern, the captain, said recently. Wagner shoved her, she fell overboard, and he failed to save her. Davern also didn't explain why HE didn't save her himself. Wagner should be in jail. It's amazing he isn't.

by Anonymousreply 8011/06/2012

George Reeves is a favorite and the other one I like is, did Burt Reynolds kill Sarah Miles boyfriend while filming, Man Who Loves Cat Dancing? I believe that kis her name, Sarah Miles?

by Anonymousreply 8111/06/2012

All I remember is that A.J. Benza once said, "I don't think Keanu Reeves really likes girls."

That's about the last time I saw him.

by Anonymousreply 8211/06/2012

I thought it was unspoken knowledge that Reeves was shot by his drunk, unstable gf during an argument??

by Anonymousreply 8311/06/2012

R78,

It was believed that Big had Tupac Shakur murdered.

Duncan is sub an obvious "person of interest" I can't believe no one ever picked up on it. The timing, and what happened to his career right after, stinks to high heaven.

by Anonymousreply 8411/06/2012

No. They said it was suicide but if you ever watched Hollywoodland (which is great) you know there was a mystery about his death and there are many questions.

by Anonymousreply 8511/06/2012

There is not evidence that Robert Wagner shoved Natalie Wood and that she fell overboard because of that. Boat Captain, Denis Davern didn't say that Wagner shoved Natalie to the water. Davern just accused Wagner of having a fight with Wood before she went missing and delaying the search for her after she disappeared. Despite various theories about what led Wood to the water,t was impossible to know what happened.There are only two possibilities; either she was trying to get away from the argument, or she was trying to tie the dinghy. But the bottom line is that nobody knows exactly what happened.Coroner's officials said at the time that she was "possibly attempting to board the dinghy and had fallen into the water, striking her face."

Wood was found wearing a flannel nightgown, socks and a red down jacket, and Davern identified her body for authorities, according to an autopsy report. Her body had superficial bruises, according to the report, but those were considered consistent with drowning.

Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said the agency hadn't been asked to do any additional investigation into Wood's case.

Wagner, star of the television series "Hart to Hart," wrote in his book that he blamed himself for his wife's death.

"Did I blame myself? If I had been there, I could have done something," he wrote. "But I wasn't there. I didn't see her."

by Anonymousreply 8611/07/2012

Natalie Wood Case Reopened: Robert Wagner Not A Suspect, Sheriff's Dept. says. Guys, stop being witch hunters. Robert Wagner is just a man who adored Natalie, otherwise he wouldn't have married her twice. If he had killed her, the most possible thing is that he would have confessed his crime because he would need the atonement...God, i mean he really loved her. It was a terrible accident, a bad moment that made unfortunately the difference. They had a fight, things got hot. Booze, jealousy, love hurts...everybody knows that anyway. I read that the captain of the boat Dennis Davern said about Wagner-Wood's arguement,'The only full sentence I could completely decipher during the entire argument was “Get off my f****** boat” said by Robert Wagner.' Davern claimed Wagner appeared 'sweaty, flushed, anxious, nervous, and disheveled' after realizing Wood had gone missing.

Davern wrote: 'He led me through the stateroom which was a mess ... it had been spotless when I passed through it after securing the dinghy a half-hour earlier.

'I immediately wanted to radio for help and to turn on the searchlight, but Robert Wagner told me, sternly, “We are not going to do that. We will wait and see if she returns.'

'While we waited, Wagner opened scotch and poured alcohol for me. He encouraged me to drink.

'He discussed with me the repercussions of bringing any immediate attention to the situation and he claimed he did not want to tarnish his image.'

This is a tragic story. Wagner was maybe partially guilty for Natalie's accident but he didn't kill her. His qualms to radio for help and to turn on the searchlight were criminal but he didn't realize that until he found out that his wife is dead. He was drunk and his jealousy led him to be angry and wait. However, when time began to pass dangerously away and still there were no news from Natalie, Wagner became alarmed and worried. He initiated then the search...it was just too late. Things have gotten out of control. Fate is irreversible when you can't discern the crucial points of your life and both Natalie and Robert were too drunk to realize that they overdid it. A heated arguement,two wounded prides and finally death.

by Anonymousreply 8711/07/2012

He pushed her. He knew exactly what he did. He never paid for it. He killed her. Worse, he could've saved her and let her die instead.

"Newly unearthed audiotapes indicate Robert Wagner may have pushed girlfriend Natalie Wood off a boat and dithered while she drowned, CBS News reports. In a taped interview, Natalie's sister Lana Wood said she once received a call from Dennis Davern, captain of the boat on that fateful night in November 1981. "Dennis was obviously drinking" when he called, Lana says on the tape. "Dennis was not a close friend, and I don’t know why he decided to call me."

"He said it appeared to him as though RJ [Wagner's nickname] shoved her away and she went overboard. Dennis panicked and RJ said, ‘Leave her there. Teach her a lesson.'" According to Lana, Davern urged Wagner to take action, but he "kept drinking and kept drinking" and was in "a foul mood." Still, "it was an accident," says Lana. Davern has already accused Wagner of failing to look for Natalie after she went overboard, and a coroner has updated her death certificate from "drowning" to "drowning and other undetermined factors."

by Anonymousreply 8811/07/2012

How can YOU be so sure that HE killed her? Were you there? I find your confidence about what happened that night somehow over the top. You can't put the blame on someone just because you dislike him and you seem to loathe Wagner. First of all,you the same wrote that Davern didn't stated that he actually saw Robert to shove Natalie, he just said that it appeared to him AS THOUGH RJ shoved her away. Get your facts together!Don't alter what he said to what you want to believe. Davern wasn't sure. Davern only made an ASSUMPTION. He felt guilty because they didn't search immediately for Natalie and that's maybe why he felt the need to put the blame on Wagner, because he heard him and didn't search for Woood as soon as they had to do. Yes, ok Wagner made a mistake, but he didn't do it on purpose. Had he knew that Natalie would end up dead he would immediately change his mind about waiting, and look after her on the spot. It was a nasty accident. If Robert Wagner was guilty, he couldn't be open and speak about his relationship and life with Natalie in his book, he would just shut the fuck up and do anything else but that. You also wrote that 'a'coroner has updated her death certificate from "drowning" to "drowning and other undetermined factors." A coroner only! You didn't mention the rest coroners that must have examined the body, cause you can't believe that the death of NATALIE WOOD would have been examined only from one coroner! If there was suspicion against Wagner, the case would have taken another direction and you know it. There was not evidence against him even when they reopened the case. Now the case is closed again because nobody can know for sure what happened,there are not irrefutable arguments for that night, only vague impressions. That's not enough for putting the blame on a man. Wagner himself feels guilty about what happened to his wife. In his autobiography, he recounted the final time he saw Natalie– and how he felt, he felt guilty he did nothing to save her.

'Yes, I blamed myself,' the actor wrote in his 2009 book, Pieces of My Heart. 'If I'd been there, I could have done something. I wasn't, but ultimately, a man is responsible for his loved one.

by Anonymousreply 8911/07/2012

"Information gathered by a renewed investigation into actress Natalie Wood's 1981 drowning death has persuaded the Los Angeles coroner to remove "accidental" from her death certificate, a detective said.

Now. Why. Do. You. Think. They. Did. That?

by Anonymousreply 9011/07/2012

William Shatner's wife's drowning in the pool.

by Anonymousreply 9111/07/2012

He probably was involved, R91. Same thing with the Sharon Tate murder.

by Anonymousreply 9211/07/2012

I think Wagner was involved in Woods death but don't celebraties always get away with this kind of shit? Yes, always.

by Anonymousreply 9311/07/2012

There are many sources and scenarios about Natalie Wood's death. If the evidence was irrefutable, then i would pay attention to your dark suspicions. However that's not the case. Nobody is guilty until it's proven that they are guilty. There is not proof, only suspicions and vague impressions. Stop witch hunting Robert Wagner. He is 82 years old ffs! Why all this gall?

by Anonymousreply 9411/07/2012

[quote]He is 82 years old ffs! Why all this gall?

Because, Miss St. John, he's a killer!

by Anonymousreply 9511/07/2012

I rest my case! Is that all you got?

by Anonymousreply 9611/07/2012

Holy fuck, r76. I didn't know that.

That's some bullshit right there.

Mind you, from what I've read about that case, he didn't have much choice. There were some heavy hitters involved.

I first read about it re: the Rampart scandal.

by Anonymousreply 9711/09/2012

r84, Biggie wasn't the one ordering hits with a violence rep. That went a little higher up the food chain.

Granted, he was a dope dealer, but you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 9811/09/2012

[quote]OK, the Manson bad ship lollypop attacked Tate and Co. because of Abigail Folger. She was running drugs from Columbia with Folger's coffee and had soured on a deal with them.

Receipts?

I'd always read that the murders were drug hits, but the people were just really behind, not involved in the trade.

Then the question is who hired Manson.

by Anonymousreply 9911/09/2012

R91,

[quote]William Shatner's wife's drowning in the pool.[/quote]

No way he did that one. He's not that good an actor.

by Anonymousreply 10011/10/2012

Everything R79 sais derives from a completely discredited biography of Harlow by Irving Shulman. NONE of it is true, but even Shulman didn't say her back was "ripped to shreds."

by Anonymousreply 10111/10/2012

Jean Harlow's kidney problems began when she caught scarlet fever as a summer camp when she was a kid and they steadily failed as the years went on. Back in those days nothing could be done for that kind of illness.

by Anonymousreply 10211/10/2012

Who killed whitney?

by Anonymousreply 10303/20/2013

We did r103!

by Anonymousreply 10403/20/2013

I've been reading a biography of Pete Duel, the only one out there that I know of, by Paul Green. Oh boy, was HE ever fucked up! No one who was a fan of his could have ever imagined how messed up he was; alcoholic, a depressive (he may have been bi-polar, but was never diagnosed as one), with a mild case of epilepsy. His screen persona was that of a breezy, handsome guy with a good sense of humor and a relaxed, easy-going manner. But he was pretty much the total opposite in real life, although people who knew him said that he could be very charming and sweet.

He had rather questionable taste in women. The nutty Judy Carne and he were lovers briefly. He had a fairly serious relationship with the wack-a-doo Kim Darby for a while. In the book she tells you more than what you would want to know about their sex life; pretty tacky. And she bizarrely gifted him with a yellow baby sweater because she "thought we would have children together." His last girlfriend was a hachet-faced secretary named Dianne Ray. She was there in the house when he killed himself with a gunshot to the head. She always claimed he went into another room and did it, but some people think her story was kind of fishy. Anyway, after his death she wrote out a list of possessions that she assumed she would be getting after his death, like his Volkswagon convertible (she didn't get it, although she did manage to get his guitar). He had WEIRD taste in women.

He was a talented, good-looking, successful young actor...and he considered life so unbearable that he had to end it. He had his problems like anyone else, but why did he have to go to that extreme? Now THAT is a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 10503/20/2013

"One of hundreds of unsolved murders. She was a whore? She used men for money? She was young and had waxed teeth because her own teeth were in such bad shape. She did drugs and she had no real permanent address at the time of her murder."

You're perpetuating incorrect, sensationalized myths about Elizabeth Short (The Black Dahlia). She was not a prostitute and was not homeless. She lived in an all-women rooming house. Back then, women could spend time with men, dancing and dining and having the nighht paid for, without being prostitutes. And there is NO evidence that she did drugs, are you crazy? Did you make this up?

And as for "waxed teeth," she carried around a candle and filled in hercavities because she was too poor for a dentist, or too disinterested in taking care of herself. What was really going through her head was a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 10603/20/2013

Thank you BD enthusiast at r106. Fuck, you only need to watch about one show about her to see that she was a girl who "dated for her dinner" as many women did back then, so they could literally eat, but not a whore and didn't deserve what happened to her.

by Anonymousreply 10703/20/2013

Does anyone here know about the Ann Prentiss case? I was shocked to read that she died in prison. I think she tried to have her father and her brother-in-law, Richard Benjamin, murdered.

by Anonymousreply 10803/20/2013

Thelma Todd.

by Anonymousreply 10903/20/2013

What really went on between 14-year-old Molly Ringwald and 45-year-old Warren Beatty? He later produced "The Pickup Artist" for her, when she was in her early 20s.

What really killed Robert Walker, and was it really "accidental"? I read that he was having a violent episode, and the doctor injected him with sedatives (against his will) to calm him down. I also read that Walker was already passed out when the doctor gave him the drugs. Walker supposedly pissed off some powerful people, for instance, David O. Selznick, who Walker badmouthed for "stealing" his wife, Jennifer Jones (though it was more like Jones "went out to buy cigarettes" and never came back), and John Ford, whose daughter was severely beaten by Walker on their honeymoon.

by Anonymousreply 11003/21/2013

When did I have CORN?

by Anonymousreply 11103/21/2013

Why didn't someone show Lucy what she looked like after the first day of filming "Mame."

by Anonymousreply 11203/22/2013

[quote]The death of David Carradine

If you're questioning whether or not [quote]The death of David Carradine

I don't think he was murdered.

I think he really did die of auto asphyxiation.

Did you see the pic of him hanging from the door?

by Anonymousreply 11303/22/2013

Uh no, r113, but I would love to, link please!

by Anonymousreply 11403/22/2013

I don't believe the Kennedys had anything to do with Marilyn's death. She accidentally overdosed.

HOWEVER, having said that, I believe her death WAS extremely convenient for them. JFK had at least one sexual encounter with MM, and she was proud of it. She bragged about it to her "friends". She was becoming a serious embarrassment to JFK.

When she died he was probably very relieved.

by Anonymousreply 11503/22/2013

r115 Do you see anything about the necrophilia with her? I heard everyone in the Palm Springs crowd had her way with her after she died. I mentioned it years ago to friends and they think I am gross and they have never heard it. Just wondering if others have, you guys are like me so you may have.

by Anonymousreply 11603/22/2013

R55 - The last time I remember seeing A.J. Benza on anything was when he was working on the Howard Stern show. He was fired when he slapped Stuttering John. I think this was back in 2000 or 2001. Anyway, the show was also airing on E! at the time and he became persona non grata there as well.

I have no idea what happened to him after that.

It's kind of sad that I even know this much.

by Anonymousreply 11703/22/2013

Lol..Benza..what a tool. Didn't he get punched out by Chuck Zito on Howard also? He was so smarmy and annoying but I guess he was perfect for that show and I do miss it.

by Anonymousreply 11803/22/2013

R116, I've heard that, too, but only from DL.

But I absolutely believe it. There are definitely some sick, pathetic losers who would fuck a fresh corpse, especially a famous or beautiful one.

by Anonymousreply 12003/22/2013

r120 really? See I had never read that here so I have a few sources now if people here have said that too. Interesting. I wouldn't doubt it either, I mean she wasn't mangled or anything and yes, she was very famous. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 12103/22/2013

R79. The Bern/Harlow scandal has always interested me...and then Jay Sebring (slaughtered by Manson's crew) was living in the Harlow house when he was murdered.

I also read when Sharon Tate stayed at Sebring's house, she saw the bloody and battered ghost of Bern - a foreshadow of what was to come for her

I heard Bern was impotent. The genitals of a toddler would explain that. Why the heck did Harlow marry him?

by Anonymousreply 12203/22/2013

Ronni Chasen--wtf? All suicides and overdoses seem suspect to me. Heath Ledger od's in his 20's but Keith Richards has been an addict for like 60 years? How does that work?

by Anonymousreply 12303/22/2013

Keith Richards has money and people who are invested in keeping him alive. A lot of heroin junkies look shitty and end up dying not from the drugs themselves but from the lifestyle (hooking, stealing, living a vagrant life) Keith has people that can procure his drugs and they are probably always the same strength. People like Chris Farley who were used to stepped on dope can easily overdose when they get the real deal. I'm not saying that some od's aren't suspect but Keith has been doing this shit for a long time, Heath was amateur hour.

by Anonymousreply 12403/22/2013

Eldon from Murphy Brown. His girlfriend "killed herself" and then he overdosed 2 years later.

by Anonymousreply 12503/24/2013

Vaudeville, Broadway and Hollywood mystery?

Was Mae West really a man?

by Anonymousreply 12603/26/2013

Who REALLY framed Roger Rabbit?

by Anonymousreply 12703/26/2013

Bump for a fascinating thread

by Anonymousreply 12807/21/2013

Like so many other talented hopefuls in Hollywood in the 1940s, Jean Spangler wanted to be a star. Sultry and big-eyed, the statuesque 27-year-old brunette had eked out a precarious living as a dancer and a bit player in movies and on TV while she waited for that one big break, that one part that would get her noticed and launch her screen career.

On October 7, 1949, Jean got the part that would make her famous, but it was not in any movie.

A divorcee, Jean lived in a house in the Wilshire District of Los Angeles with her mother, her brother, her sister-in-law, Sophie, and her five-year-old daughter Christine. At five p.m., Jean kissed Christine goodbye and told her sister-in-law that she was going to meet her ex-husband, plastics manufacturer Dexter Benner, to talk about an increase in child support payments. After that, she was going to work on a night shoot for a new film. "Wish me luck," she said, winking and left.

When Jean failed to come home the following day, a distressed Sophie went down to the Wilshire Division of the LAPD and filed a missing persons report. The police took down the details, but knew that the young starlet was probably just out on a fling and would probably show up in a day or two. They had not even put her name on the police teletype as a missing person. The following day, an alarmed employee at Griffith Park reported finding Jean Spangler’s purse near the Fern Dell entrance to the park.

Investigators converged on the scene and what they found sparked one of the biggest manhunts in LAPD history. The purse’s double handles had been ripped off at one end, intimating the possibility of violence but it was the note inside the purse, written in Jean’s hand, that intrigued the detectives even more. It read: "Kirk – Can’t wait any longer. Going to see Dr. Scott. It will work out best this way while mother is away…"

by Anonymousreply 12907/22/2013

How in the world did [bold]Avatar[/bold] become the highest grossing movie of all time? It's the most boring shit I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 13107/22/2013

[quote]Eldon from Murphy Brown. His girlfriend "killed herself" and then he overdosed 2 years later.

Eldon and Murphy has some great scenes together. Their comic timing was perfect along with their actions and reactions. A great team!

by Anonymousreply 13207/24/2013

Was actress Alice Brady really a man in drag?

Alice won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar in 1937 for "In Old Chicago." At the ceremony, her name was called, a man came out and accepted the award without a word and stepped into the night, never to be seen again.

by Anonymousreply 13307/24/2013

r124 - Keith hasn't been on heroin for 30+ years. His theory why it didn't kill him in the 70s is because the H was much purer back then, at least the stuff he used.

He's still a medical marvel; at 70, he's a chain smoking, dope smoking alcoholic. And he says he only gave up coke after he had his brain injury in 2006.

by Anonymousreply 13407/25/2013

Is it true that Henry Cavill is BI?

by Anonymousreply 13507/27/2013

Re the Manson murders - they were after Candice Bergen's boyfriend who was living at the house prior to Tate. Manson didn't know about the change of owners.

by Anonymousreply 13607/27/2013

I liked the Alice Brady scandal, but CDAN really built it up to be a while big thing. It was a letdown to read the "reveal."

I spent all afternoon last weekend watching Mysteries and Scandals on Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 13707/27/2013

R 137: what was the "reveal"?

by Anonymousreply 13807/27/2013

Poor Fatty

by Anonymousreply 13907/30/2013

[quote]I think Wagner was involved in Woods death but don't celebraties always get away with this kind of shit?

Most of the time, they do get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 14008/15/2013

It's a well known fact that Abigail Folger was a drug dealer running drugs from Colombia in Folger's coffee. She screwed the Manson gang on a drug deal and they took their revenge!

by Anonymousreply 14108/15/2013

That Folgers theory has been around for years. It's been discounted by investigators.

by Anonymousreply 14208/15/2013

I read a lot of books at this time of year, before tax season cranks up, requiring 12+ hour workdays. This year, my theme of interest seems to be Los Angeles historical crime...

I've just finished Manson, the new biography by Jeff Guinn. After reading Helter Skelter I knew that Manson told The Family that they needed to start a race war that would culminate with black people taking over America. Charlie preached that he would take The Family underground during this race war, and would re-emerge to be chosen by the "black man" to run society. Charlie used the Bible and the Beatles lyrics to substantiate these wild claims.

But after reading the new and very detailed biography, I have a much deeper understanding of Charlie. I now believe that Charlie was trying to stay out of prison for his murder of a black biker ("Lotsapoppa"). He also wanted to deflect attention from himself and Bobby Beausoleil for the murder of Gary Hinman. He wanted the police to blame all of this violence on the "black man" to shift it off of himself. Of course he was also bitter about the lack of music career, and as a cult leader he was starting to lose face with some of the hippies who joined his movement. I now realize that the whole Helter Skelter story was one that Charlie didn't even believe...it was a story intended to keep his followers focused and dependent on him. And for someone who preached about love, Charlie was certainly a flaming racist and misogynist.

He spent years in prison as a young man, and along the way took Dale Carnegie courses and also studied Scientology a bit, later using these skills to influence The Family. He dreamed of being a pimp, always buddying up to pimps in jail to get their advice. But when he was finally released from prison, it was the Summer of Love, and girls were just giving it away. There was no need for pimps, so Charlie had to dream up a new game.

I recommend the book highly. Also the joke was on Charlie, because Lotsapoppa actually survived Charlie shooting him and was able to give testimony about it.

Now I am reading the Black Dahlia book published in 2006, and am nearly at the part where the author proves his point about who did it. Basically LA was rife with corruption, and the police and the media conspired to hide facts about the case. The author (Donald Wolfe) had an inside track because his stepfather was the attorney for Bugsy Seigal and was the "bag man".

I am about to start reading the chapter regarding the juicy autopsy secret, and the author's conclusion, so I won't speculate on that.

But the 40's era LA in the book is what fascinates me most....the local TV station only aired programs three hours each day, so the newspapers were king back then, published twice daily with "extras" issued when a story was big. There were five big newspapers viciously competing in LA back then, and the reporters actually ran down leads to get the scoop and informed the police of their evidence.

The Thelma Todd murder is also discussed in the book, with pictures. Also a gruesome picture of Bugsy after being shot in the left eye while he relaxed on his couch, reading The Examiner.

It's all connected apparently. And the police and the news organizations didn't want any of this to come out, since the guys at the top were on the take.

It's all fascinating. Donald Wolfe also wrote a book about Marilyn's last days, that I may read if I have time before the end of the year.

PS I love my local library.

by Anonymousreply 14311/08/2013

Yup R143, libraries are fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 14411/08/2013

Any more goss on Mae West being a man or the jetset defiling Marilyn after death?

by Anonymousreply 14511/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 14610/14/2014

H

by Anonymousreply 14710/14/2014

Cool thread

by Anonymousreply 14810/14/2014

r143, I read that book on the Dahlia, and the conclusion makes a lot of sense. It's not definitive, but it is certainly probable, especially given the corruption of the era.

The Manson murders were drug hits. Both of them. Everyone focuses on the Tate murders because of the names, but the LaBianca killings are the key to the case.

Folger didn't screw Manson's crew on a deal, he was hired by the biker related people then behind the drug trade.

This angle was never fully pursued because there were too many famous and/or politically connected names involved, both as users and those complicit with dealers.

by Anonymousreply 14910/15/2014

R116 Author Lois Banner passes on the rumor that Marilyn was drugged, beaten, and gang raped by mobster Sam Giancana & his henchmen at the Cal Neva Resort just weeks before her death. I've never heard any necrophilia stories.

by Anonymousreply 15010/15/2014

[You do realize that this is a troll, right? It does not believe what it posts. It just craves attention. You might want to stop talking to it.]

by Anonymousreply 15110/15/2014

During World War II (at least) Charles Laughton hung out at the bath houses in San Diego. His flunkies would approach sailors on the street and ask them if they would like to meet Laughton.

I was told this by one of the sailors who was approached. He didn't accept the invitation.

by Anonymousreply 15210/15/2014

What's the real story behind Sal Mineo's death?

by Anonymousreply 15410/15/2014

How did William Holden really die?

Don't think he was drunk & fell & hit his head in the shower

by Anonymousreply 15510/15/2014

bump

by Anonymousreply 15601/31/2015

R154, There's no mystery with Sal Mineo's death. Well, the only "mystery" existed in the minds of heteros who didn't understand that Sal was gay.

by Anonymousreply 15701/31/2015

Who framed roger rabbit?

by Anonymousreply 15801/31/2015

Do you think that Bob Crane was killed by his best buddy, John Carpenter?

By the way, have you seen the biopic 'Auto Focus'? Greg Kinnear plays Bob Crane and Willem Dafoe John Carpenter. In the movie, it is clearly implied that John Carpenter killed Crane. Spooky...

by Anonymousreply 15904/25/2015

The discovery of Natalie Wood's secret diary in which she lamented about her marriage to Robert Wagner was a news story for about a day and then vanished.

by Anonymousreply 16004/25/2015

Bob Crane was a sex fiend. It is said that his lifestyle killed him.

Bob Crane High School Yearbook, in the photo below.

by Anonymousreply 16104/25/2015

Whenever Crane was in town on tour, Carpenter would visit and the two of them would hit bars and nightclubs to pick up women. They would then return to Crane's apartment to videotape themselves having sex with different women. Crane was Carpenter's ticket to different women. According to some published sources, Bob wanted to end his friendship with Carpenter, because Carpenter allegedly made a pass at Crane.

The way he was killed was shocking. Someone had entered the apartment during the night, and had crushed Crane's skull, apparently with a (missing) camera tripod. His face was so badly beaten, he was unrecognizable. After killing Crane, the killer had tied an electric cord around his neck. Occupants in the neighboring apartments had heard nothing. Police would later remark, 'It was a well planned murder.'

Crane was a light sleeper, and there was no forced entry, so it was assumed that Crane knew the killer. There was also a bottle of Scotch on the table, and Crane never touched Scotch.

The examiner also discovered flaky, white dry material around his groin, probably jizz. This led police to believe that either Crane had jerked off before bed, or after murdering Crane, his killer had jerked off over the body.

by Anonymousreply 16204/26/2015

R162, Or the killer had sex with him and then killed him to prevent people ever finding out he was gay. Lots of the homosexual serial killer types start out that way, pick up a hitch hiker, have sex with them and then strangle them so nobody will ever learn of their same-sex yearnings. Same thing with Gacy.

by Anonymousreply 16304/26/2015

R163, yes, you are right on that. Anyway,i believe that Carpenter killed him and that it was Carpenter that jerked over Crane's body before or after killing him...

It is said that Crane wanted to end their friendship and that in general he wanted to change his lifestyle. Carpenter couldn't take that. Crane was Carpenter's ticket to sexual orgies, he was addicted to that kind of fun and he didn't like it that Crane wanted to abstain from him and from that. It is also implied that Carpenter was probably bisexual (or gay), but he was in the closet...

The police officers at the crime scene noted that John Henry Carpenter called the apartment several times, and did not seem surprised that the police were there, which raised suspicions. Carpenter's rental car was impounded and searched; several blood smears were found that matched Crane's blood type. DNA testing was not available at that time.

Crane was killed by a camera tripod. Should i remind you that he and Carpenter videotaped themselves having sex with different women and that Carpenter was a video equipment salesman?

by Anonymousreply 16404/26/2015

R159, Yes, Carpenter killed him. He had blood and even a piece of fat in his car. Carpenter was bi and wanted to have sex with Crane but Crane was straight and he broke off the friendship. Feeling slighted Carpenter killed him.

by Anonymousreply 16504/26/2015

Fatty Arbuckle was actually innocent. He was acquitted but crucified in the papers. Virginia Rappe did not die from being raped with a Coke bottle as the newspaper reported. She in fact died form alcohol poisoning. Another lie told was that Arbuckle crushed her to death having sex with her because he was so fat. Poor Arbuckle died penniless and forgotten. Right before this incident he had just signed a million dollar contract and went out the window over this crap. He went from janitor to movie star and then lost it all over false accusations. Everyone who knew him said he was a wonderful guy. Really sad.

by Anonymousreply 16604/26/2015

R164, I agree completely. Carpenter was probably not gay as he had sex with countless women but was probably bi. I can't believe he was acquitted.

by Anonymousreply 16704/26/2015

I bet that Crane probably insulted grossly. Carpenter, before Carpenter decided to kill him. People don't just kill you because you want some space and because you want to revalue your life. Only schizos would do that and Carpenter wasn't a schizo...

I don't say that Crane deserved to die, don't get me wrong, it was horrid what happened to him, but his behavior was very provocative and insolent.

by Anonymousreply 16804/26/2015

R168, I agree. Especially if Carpenter hit on him then I can see Crane calling him every gay slur in the book and threatening to out him.

by Anonymousreply 16904/26/2015

R166, that's bullcrap. Fatty killed Virginia. Virginia Rappe's manager Al Semnacker accused Arbuckle of using a piece of ice to simulate sex with her, which led to the injuries. In fact, witnesses testified that Arbuckle rubbed the ice on Rappe's stomach to ease her abdominal pain. Rappe died one day after her hospitalization of peritonitis, caused by a ruptured bladder.

Maybe Fatty was a nice guy when he was sober. But some nice guys, when they are drunk can be wicked MONSTERS. Fatty was very drunk when that happened.

by Anonymousreply 17004/26/2015

About Marilyn Monroe,

I always thought she was murdered because there were no dye or traces of pills in her stomach. When you take pills, especially enough to kill yourself, the dye in the capsules will stain your stomach and intestines. The pills Marilyn took were bright yellow. So they would have left yellow marks.

So for years I thought she was murdered and I thought that someone had held her down and given her a suppository or drug enema. However, all that changed when I did research and realized that the cover-up is that she actually died about 4 hours before her official time of death. The house keeper admitted that there were 2 ambulances called to the house that night. The first was around midnight, when she actually died. The second was circa 4am when they staged the scene. The cover-up was because Bobby Kennedy was there when she died and to avoid scandal they had to hide all evidence and stage the scene.

So now I do believe it was suicide. Marilyn was naïve and actually thought that Bobby was going to leave his wife for her. She also thought Jack would as well.

So the staining which would prove suicide is not going to be there for hours and it will eventually go away. So that explains why no trace was found in her stomach. Since the scene itself was staged that explains why there were problems with it. When they found Marilyn she was probably all sprawled out and had vomited and shat herself, which OD victims usually do, which explains why the house keeper was washing the sheets that early in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 17104/26/2015

R171,

At trial experts testified that she suffered from severe UTIs and had untreated STDs. I believe there was one witness who testified that she was told not to drink alcohol because it could further damage her bladder. She was not a healthy woman and she was not raped.

by Anonymousreply 17204/26/2015

Since I messed up, let me try again.

R170,

At trial experts testified that Virginia Rappe suffered from severe UTIs and had untreated STDs. I believe there was one witness who testified that she was told not to drink alcohol because it could further damage her bladder. She was not a healthy woman and she was not raped.

by Anonymousreply 17304/26/2015

R172 there's no way of knowing this. Records can be changed.

by Anonymousreply 17404/26/2015

Maybe you are right, R172. But, i still have my doubts about Fatty's 'innocence'. I'm convinced that he played some part to her death, more or less.

by Anonymousreply 17504/26/2015

R174, R175,

A woman's vagina doesn't lead to her bladder. If Fatty raped her, which I do not believe, he would have had to have done so via the urethra. There is no way in the world his penis was that big to damage her bladder. Instead the damage would be concentrated in her urethra. So far I've never heard any evidence to indicate her urethra was damaged.

However, it is possible for women to die of UTIs. My grandmother almost died from one. The doctor told us that if we had waited another day before taking her in she would have died.

by Anonymousreply 17604/26/2015
Need more help? Click Here.