Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Madonna - rip-off artist extraordinaire

Ok, lets lists examples of songs and artists she stole from:

Deep in vogue

by Anonymousreply 19404/25/2015

What choice does she have? She has absolutely NO talent.

by Anonymousreply 107/13/2012

I reductive.

by Anonymousreply 207/13/2012

A euro friend just emailed me: "We saw Madonna last night. We were not impressed. No running theme. No build up in the show. And too many cacophonic experiments. Last Madonna concert for us."

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 307/13/2012

FlopDNA! FlopDNA! FlopDNA!!!!

by Anonymousreply 407/13/2012

omg i went to a madonna concert once and it was the worst experience of my life!

by Anonymousreply 508/14/2012

She shamelessly stole so much from Peggy Lee. Well only in the costuming. Peg had more talent in her fingernail clippings than Madonna in her whole body.

by Anonymousreply 608/14/2012

Regina from the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 708/14/2012

She steals logos, too.

"Madonna is being accused of stealing the ‘M’ symbol for her new Truth or Dare perfume line by RJ Williams, an artist from Sydney, Australia.

Williams claims that that Madonna has breached his copyright of the symbol that he has been using for 8 years and trademarked last year."

“Friends from ALL OVER THE WORLD have been calling me upon seeing the Truth or Dare by Madonna campaign to express their DISGUST and support,” Williams told The Sunday Telegraph.

by Anonymousreply 808/14/2012

It's never a mere "rip-off". I create "homages..."

by Anonymousreply 908/14/2012

Funny, OP, none of the other posters who have used your invitation to "lists examples of songs and artists she stole from" to jump in and attack has actually managed to "lists" any other such alleged songs - perhaps because there aren't any!

But, you just know they are the type of individual who would praise Gaga (who stole her name from a Queen song) for her wonderfully original "Born this way" and all her other pioneering work!

R3, your "euro friend" sounds like he/she didn't like Madonna much in the first place, so why did they bother going? I've seen Madge in Europe on this tour and the tens of thousands in the crowd absolutely loved it. It was a fucking brilliant show.

Other people who attended the concert your "euro friend" went to (Madge played Helsinki on 12 August) have said of it: "Oh god, the best day of my short life!" (presumably this person is one of the "young generation" that supposedly have never heard of Madonna), "Thank you Finland for saving the Light! After the darkness at some countries in Europe it's such a relief for My Queens to be in the Scandinavian Countries! God." (ok, that wasn't so clear to me, but it underscores that your "euro friend" knows really good English for a "euro"). "Love it!!!!" "Small snippet from the soundcheck in Helsinki. No make-up, and she seriously warmed up for us for a whole hour from when the gates opened. Was so awesome!! :D" "A snippet from Revolver from the MDNA World Tour :D Awesome song and wonderful live, the crowd was going wild!" "madonna is absolutely the best" "Hänen majesteettisna pyllyys ;D"

And lots more. (Taken from various comments on YouTube in response to videos from the Helsinki gig.)

by Anonymousreply 1008/14/2012

Hm, my line spacing didn't quite work out there!

I just wanted to add, for OP, Malcolm Mclaren is the one who is famous for ripping many others off - so if you don't like "rip-off artists extaordinaire" it's kinda hypocritical to use him as an example of a so-called victim.

But, I guess Madonna must have ripped Mclaren off - she has worked with WIliam Orbit, who worked with Mclaren on "Deep in vogue". Although, even you must admit that the crossover is certainly not as great as Steven Klein working with both Madonna and Gaga on her "Alejandro" video (and, of course, Alejandro sounds nothing like "La Isla Bonita!).

by Anonymousreply 1108/14/2012

Meltdown alert!!! Meltdown alert!!!

by Anonymousreply 1208/14/2012

Please, everyone rips off everyone else, especially in mainstream entertainment. If originality was more valued you'd have a lot less starving artists and musician types.

by Anonymousreply 1308/14/2012

No one mentioned Gaga, R10

by Anonymousreply 1408/14/2012

No R12. GROOVE was "inspired" by Mary Jane Girls CANDYMAN which came out three years prior.

by Anonymousreply 1508/14/2012

What is this shit? Regina and Alisha (produced by Shep Pettibone) ripped from HER, they were the early first wave of wannabes. God.

At least choose correct ones like the Hollywood video. Vogue at least was her cleverest rip off with several sources in the music, giving her a signature song.

R15 Never heard anyone mention Candyman, interesting. A Yellow Magic Orchestra song or something has also been brought up in connection with it.

by Anonymousreply 1608/14/2012

love profusion

by Anonymousreply 1708/14/2012

When its a white artist, its a "rip-off". When its a black artist, its "sampling". Got it.

by Anonymousreply 1808/14/2012

lol R17, so you mean the video? Well the video actually was funded by the perfume commercial it soundtracked which was exactly the same - meaning no surprise at all when it came out as the perfume ad played for weeks before it.

Billie itself is a rip-off of All Saints.

by Anonymousreply 1908/14/2012

What does Love Profusion tied to a perfume commercial have to do with it not being a rip off of the Honey to the Bee video? So both the Love Profusion video and the Estée Lauder campaign were "inspired" by the Billie video which was made 5 years prior to the Madonna product.

by Anonymousreply 2008/14/2012

^ Pretty much. I was just saying that the Madge video was linked to the identical perfume ad and was one of her laziest, least hands on releases. I think someone mentioned "Honey to the Bee" back then, it's ringing a bell.

by Anonymousreply 2108/14/2012

"Vogue" dancing had been around since the 70's.

Diana Ross' brother did some moves onstage during her 1979 Cesar's Palace concert that was on HBO.

The audience squealed at his fierceness.

by Anonymousreply 2208/14/2012

Shit, even THIS USED TO BE MY PLAYGROUND!?

---------------------------------------------

After Elton: Speaking of Madonna, did u ever notice that Madonna’s 1992 “This Used 2 Be My Playground” video is stylistically almost identical 2 ur late 80’s “2 Be Reborn” video?

Boy George: My video was directed by [fashion photographer n music video director] John-Baptiste Mondino, but Madonna’s was the 1 people remember. When it came out, I called it “This Used 2 Be My Video.”

by Anonymousreply 2308/15/2012

No surprise there as Mondino was a key Madonna collaborator along with the likes of Meisel and Herb Ritts.

A shame that their last work together Hollywood saw them bow out on a sour note, not as good as the previous iconic videos and also this one in particular was marred by plagiarism allegations which Vogue managed to escape, ripping off an old photographer's work.

by Anonymousreply 2408/17/2012

"Hollywood" video was a ripoff of Guy Bourdin photos.

Copyright infringement over at least 11 Bourdin works.

His estate sued, Mad-Donna had to pay up.

by Anonymousreply 2608/17/2012

It's amazing she did as well as she did. If anything, popular music, in order to be successful has to be original.

Just turn on the radio and you're bound to hear a unique artist perform music that is creative and fresh.

by Anonymousreply 2708/17/2012

my god, Madonna's This Used To Be My Playground video is an exact copy of the Boy George video!!! Same director or not, they should have at least tried to create something slightly different but no it's identical. It's mind boggling.

by Anonymousreply 2808/17/2012

Let's party like it's 2007 bitches!

by Anonymousreply 2910/04/2012

Yes Madonna stole many others, but did she ever rip-off a direct competitor's song, get called on it, and still deny she did it? There's no parallel to Gaga's hubris, as the "new Madonna" just picking one of M's hits and slapping a new title on it. And then refusing to apologize or admit it.

by Anonymousreply 3010/04/2012

"The Madonna hatred is so 2011."

No, dear. Madonna ennuis is 2011. Madonna hatred is eternal.

by Anonymousreply 3110/04/2012

R30 Madonna ignores all criticisms of her music. She has no defense for her thievery and therefore offers no excuses.

by Anonymousreply 3210/12/2012

The song that was lifted that became "Ray of Light."

OUCH!

by Anonymousreply 3310/12/2012

W&W R18, dead on! And this is from someone who believes that Madonna is a ripoff! The 'samplers' are all complete hacks with no talent that are propped up!

by Anonymousreply 3410/12/2012

R18 and R34 but none of those black artists get the acclaim or popularity of Madonna. She is considered to be the "queen of pop" even though she has stolen and continues to steal the ideas of others. Beyonce comes in at #2 but Madonna is viewed by critics and fans as above her. That's why this bitch deserves so much flak.

by Anonymousreply 3510/12/2012

Oh please shut up R30. You sound fixated.

by Anonymousreply 3610/12/2012

Madonna gives Curtiss Maldoon writing credit, R33. But she also gives herself credit for changing a few lyrics. But I had no idea that song even existed. I like the way Madonna remade it. Still one of my favorite Madge songs.

by Anonymousreply 3710/12/2012

Thanks R37. Did not realize that. It was in the other thread. Well why not purchase the rights and create something new...

That's why I defend "Hung Up" Blatant yes, but so clever and ABBA doesn't grant permission very often if at all...

by Anonymousreply 3810/12/2012

and all the times she didn't? Her song "Erotic" illegally sampled the vocals of a Lebanese singer and is banned in Lebanon because of it. Let's see-"Sky Fits Heaven" has lyrics she BOUGHT from a fucking Gap commercial. "Frozen" is banned in Belgium because she ripped off the melody.

by Anonymousreply 3910/13/2012

Her song "Rescue Me" is a blatant ripoff of Deee-lite's "Power of Love". So shameful.

by Anonymousreply 4010/13/2012

Have you guys seen all the sites showing her various looks that she copied from other entertainers? damn she's unoriginal.

by Anonymousreply 4110/13/2012

Here y'all go. Everything you ever wanted to know about Madge's music, likely compiled by some DL queen.

by Anonymousreply 4210/13/2012

Fuck me, I just had a look at all the people she's copied off over the years. I find her scary. She is nothing. She is completely empty. She is 55 years old and she still doesn't know who she is, so she just steals - not only the image, but the personality of others. It all makes sense, now; her bisexual stage, her Letterman interview..wow she is a fucked up woman. I don't care how rich she is, either, I think she seems like a nightmare.

If she wasn't a pop star I think she would be a narcissistic 'black widow' type.

by Anonymousreply 4310/13/2012

This is why Madonna never amounted to anything. If she had made better decisions, maybe she could have been successful in show-business.

by Anonymousreply 4410/13/2012

Wow I had no idea Ray of Light was a complete ripoff. It put her back in the spotlight, and i don't recall her ever EVER giving credit to the original artists.

What a total vampire fraud she is. Didn't know how bad.

by Anonymousreply 4510/13/2012

Like a Prayer is similar to ABBA's SOS. Same structure.

by Anonymousreply 4610/13/2012

That's the thing with Madonna-she has no original persona. She just changes her rip-off themes from album to album. Her behavior is so strange and she's NOT on drugs. That's what makes her really sad. I understand why people who are high all the time do crazy things but she acts and thinks this way without any substances altering her state of mind...scary as fuck this broad is.

by Anonymousreply 4710/13/2012

At the same time, she takes obscure songs by obscure artists and turns them into global hits. I mean, as if Deeelite and Regina were ever going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 4810/13/2012

Deee-lite had a HUGE hit with "Groove Is In The House". She ripped off next second single.

by Anonymousreply 4910/13/2012

I'm listening to the album Erotica. You know, it's a good album. Very rich sounding.

by Anonymousreply 5010/13/2012

R50 then I"m sure you're enjoying the sampling of Fairuz, a Lebanese singer. Vadge thought she could get away with not crediting him. He received an undisclosed settlement from her (AKA SHE LOST THE CASE).

by Anonymousreply 5110/13/2012

If he got a settlement, doesn't it mean it didn't go to court?

I didn't know that once place her theft/fraud did go to court was in Belgium, where "Frozen" can't be played, due to copyright violation.

by Anonymousreply 5210/14/2012

R52 well "ERotica" is banned in Lebanon because of the incident. She tried ripping off 1 of the country's favorite iconic singers. She settled because obviously she would have lost the case. The chant you hear in the song is a direct vocal from Fairuz who btw is a woman not a man lol Madonna never asked for permission obviously so she had to pay up.

by Anonymousreply 5310/14/2012

If Madonna never resorted to ripping anyone off, her career wouldn't have made it. Her own ideas simply aren't good enough.

by Anonymousreply 5410/14/2012

Anyone ever see the uncensored version of the video? I'm surprised it's on youtube.

by Anonymousreply 5510/14/2012

Fairuz sues Madonna for $2.5 million for plagiarism over the Arab section/sampling in her song "Erotica". The song contains a section of a Christian Great Friday hymn that translates "Today, He is held to a cross" while Madonna repeatedly chants over Fairuz's voice 'All over me'. Upon the song’s release, the Vatican bans Madonna from entering the Vatican and she is banned on its radio stations. The song and its accompanying album are also banned in Lebanon. Sales of the song soar and reach 5 million units and an undisclosed settlement is reached between Fairuz and Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 5610/14/2012

Here she is imitating Marlene Dietrich at the screening of her MDNA tour film just recently:

by Anonymousreply 6107/26/2013

OH calm down, r61--you have a firm grasp of the obvious!

by Anonymousreply 6207/26/2013

That's a very obvious hommage to Dietrich. Is that not OK? Madonna would be the first to admit the inspiration because she has often talked about Dietrich over the years.

by Anonymousreply 6307/26/2013

Don't forget when she stole Michael Jackson's crotch grab and Barbara Eden's "I Dream Of Jeanie" hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 6407/26/2013

R65.. BRILLIANT!

by Anonymousreply 6707/27/2013

please R65 you have NOTHING on Janbot. Vadge is indefensible.

by Anonymousreply 6807/27/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 6907/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 7007/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 7107/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 7207/27/2013

I think the only original thing she's ever done is to say that losing her virginity was a career move.

Fucking for the sake of your career isn't original, but admitting it might have been.

by Anonymousreply 7307/27/2013

She also stole the wearing lingerie as an outfit on it's own from Vanity 6, who did that first in 1982.

by Anonymousreply 7407/27/2013

Bunch of assholes on this site.

by Anonymousreply 7507/27/2013

R75 = Ugly Vadge

by Anonymousreply 7607/27/2013

*yawn

by Anonymousreply 7707/27/2013

A couple things Vadge has done that are original:

1. allegedly beating up a 10 year old, Keith Sorrentino after she didn't want the kid taking her picture repeatedly. His family sued her and the case was settled out of court AKA she got physical with him

2. allegedly choking Rac Clake, son of Dick Clark, after a last minute rehearsal at the 1991 Oscars didn't go as planned.

by Anonymousreply 7807/27/2013

Madonna is a cunt, but I don't see her as violent.

by Anonymousreply 7907/27/2013

She's a total control freak and I don't see losing it and getting physical with anyone like that.

by Anonymousreply 8007/27/2013

Flame away, you lonely dregs of gay society.

by Anonymousreply 8107/27/2013

The Sorrentino vs. Madonna case was settled out of court. That means she must have paid them something which means she had to have laid a hand on him. There would be no reason for her to do it otherwise as she is notoriously cheap.

by Anonymousreply 8207/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 8307/27/2013

cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt

by Anonymousreply 8407/27/2013

Nice work, R84!

by Anonymousreply 8507/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 8607/27/2013

I don't care. Madonna did it better, no matter who she may have borrowed from. I'd rather see Madonna do Vogue than some nasty junkie tranny.

by Anonymousreply 8707/27/2013

"Madonna did it better". The original is always better, gurl. The fangurls and fangayz of this broad are a sad bunch.

by Anonymousreply 8807/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 8907/27/2013

Everything she has ever done was unoriginal and stolen.

by Anonymousreply 9007/27/2013

I wonder who her next "inspiration" aka stealing victim will be for that next album.

by Anonymousreply 9107/27/2013

i like Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 9207/27/2013

"Mick Jagger copied Little Richard and Elvis. That's what the great ones do- they take from the best and add their own style to it." -

Quincy Jones

While I don't think that that Madonns is in the same class as Jagger, still, although there is much to criticize Maddonna for, stealing ain't one of 'em.

by Anonymousreply 9307/27/2013

Anyone who links to that nutty Judiciary Report website obviously is also a nut.

by Anonymousreply 9407/27/2013

[quote]A euro friend just emailed me: "We saw Madonna last night. We were not impressed. No running theme. No build up in the show. And too many cacophonic experiments. Last Madonna concert for us."

Are you friends with the Queen?

by Anonymousreply 9507/27/2013

If you stick around long enough, and pay close enough attention, you will discover that MOST pop culture hits are recycled hits of the past.

It's often enough to repackage a previous success for a new audience. Usually the current audience wasn't around for the previous incarnation of the pop hit, and the survivors of the previous hit's audience have aged out of that demographic and are either on to other things, or still enjoying the version of the hit from which the lastest version was bastardized.

It also helps that younger generations seem to be losing any appreciation for that which has come before.

by Anonymousreply 9607/27/2013

I love watching millenials discussing Madonna's plagiarism of things that happened a hundred years before they were born. Doesn't she deserve a gold star for just participating?

by Anonymousreply 9707/27/2013

Madonna was/is nothing more than a Las Vegas act which was presented to a pop and dance music audience. Anyone with half a brain could see that!

R97, what does not being born during Madonna's early have to do with history? Where you born during the time of the Roman Empire, highly doubtful, people learn about things from reading, you sound like such a moron.

I am NOT a millenial. I have lived through Madonna hanging out at Danceteria etc. She was then and has always been a poseur. She has admitted in early interviews that music was the route to real money and success, even though she wanted to be a dancer, she knew music was a better route, thought she knew her talent was less than minimal, she knew she has to be very heavy on the visual aspect of her 'music'. What fucking joke.

She tried to rip off obscure artists, music and otherwise, until hip people realized she was ripping off people like Charles Gatewood and other photgraphers imagery.

EVERYTHING she has done across the board, from music to iconic actresses and photographers can obviously be seen by all. Whether or not people want to acceopt the fact that she hasn't one original bone in her body, that's their perogative if they want to be oblivious!

Her early hits were written by others, I think one guy's last name was Leonard, he stated he cut off twriting for her when she demand her write her "more hit songs", He told her he wasn't a robot and that he couldn't write her "hit songs" on demand.

It's pretty clear to anyone with a functioning brain, that she's a scared control freak and damn untalented one at that. It's amazing it's taken the general public so long to see the obvious fraud that the world knows as Madonna. It's going to be amazing when Lourdes writes her own "Mommy Dearest" book!

by Anonymousreply 9807/27/2013

r98, blah, blah, blah. Madonna is THE biggest female pop star in the the history of music. She is the stick by which every other female pop star is measured. Congrats to the Queen of Pop on the 30th anniversary of the release of her debut album.

by Anonymousreply 9907/28/2013

WONDERFUL R99!!

Don't look now, R98, but you just got droned!

by Anonymousreply 10007/28/2013

"good music" is subjective. Many of us think her music is annoying.

Anyway, if Vadge stans and also the press would stop implying that everything in music started with Vadge, maybe those of us who aren't her fans would stop bashing her. Anytime a younger starlet does something, everyone compares her to Vadge and they say "Vadge did it first". That's an annoying statement because as this thread proves, Vadge wasn't the first to do anything. She too did things that had already been done, but for some reason receives an unfair amount of credit as the originator of all things pop.

by Anonymousreply 10207/28/2013

[quote]blah, blah, blah. Madonna is THE biggest female pop star in the the history of music. She is the stick by which every other female pop star is measured. Congrats to the Queen of Pop on the 30th anniversary of the release of her debut album.

Who the fucks cares? How does this information help YOU in your life? Does this dour talentless bitch cut you a monthly check?

People with ZERO taste, and no knowledge about REAL music, could care less that she is "the biggest" whatever in the world. Unfortunately, you are too ignorant to get my point. You have bought the Kool Aid....hook, line and sinker!

What does her success have to do with her possessing TALENT? Her success is more about the general public being a bunch of groveling sheep, not discerning fans of actual great timeless pop music! No one will pull out a Madonna LP/CD on 50 years time, but they will pull out The Beatle and Motown!

One of my favorite musical artists, a true orginal, David Bowie, once said in an interview, "Sales are not a barometer of whether or not the music is good." He is 100% correct!

Look at how famous KISS were, and to some extent still are, they are horrid, their music is juvenile and tedious. yet their fans are rabid. That pretty much describes Madonna's fans, rabid and delusional.

No, I haven't been "droned", YOU have been continuously duped by a fraud since this talent free woman hit the music scene!

by Anonymousreply 10407/30/2013

preach, R104 Vadge is the biggest copycat, thief and the most overrated female recording act of all time. It's sad that so many people for the past 30 years have had no taste and couldn't see through her gimmicky and rip-off act.

by Anonymousreply 10507/30/2013

Is Aiesha or whatever the fuck her name is off her meds and bitching about M. Louise Ciccone stealing her shit again? And that the CIA is hacking her website stealing script ideas? No, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 10607/30/2013

[quote]It's amazing she did as well as she did. If anything, popular music, in order to be successful has to be original. Just turn on the radio and you're bound to hear a unique artist perform music that is creative and fresh.

Very funny.

[quote]If you stick around long enough, and pay close enough attention, you will discover that MOST pop culture hits are recycled hits of the past. It's often enough to repackage a previous success for a new audience. Usually the current audience wasn't around for the previous incarnation of the pop hit, and the survivors of the previous hit's audience have aged out of that demographic and are either on to other things, or still enjoying the version of the hit from which the lastest version was bastardized. It also helps that younger generations seem to be losing any appreciation for that which has come before.

FINALLY someone with a brain in this this thread. And nowadays things move so fast that hits from 6 month ago are recycled in that tired Katy Perry EDM sound that hasn't went away this decade.

Those who expect originality in pop music are ridiculous. Originality is the hardest commodity to come by, by this stage everything has been done before and we're onto just retreads. At the moment stuff from 20 years ago is being recycled, with a lot of samples from 90s house records and 90s nostalgia. Art can't be created in a vacuum.

by Anonymousreply 10707/30/2013

Why is it necessary for OP to start this thread? That is the question.

by Anonymousreply 10807/31/2013

It's necessary because so many Vadge stans proclaim this woman as the "originator" of all things pop music. She doesn't have an original bone in her body. All her "work" is ripped off from both obscure and other famous entertainers. When Vadge stans go around saying so and so "copied Vadge", it makes the rest of us giggle and shake our heads.

by Anonymousreply 10907/31/2013

Good R109, giggle and shake you head---but then GO AWAY because no one cares about your head full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 11008/01/2013

R110 "head full of shit" lol is that you Lourdes? or is it Rocco?

by Anonymousreply 11108/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 11208/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 11308/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 11408/02/2013

R7, Regina came out after Madonna's first album...

I remember hearing Baby Love and thinking it WAS Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 11508/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 11608/02/2013

Madonna is before my time.

by Anonymousreply 11708/02/2013

Camille Paglia's famous essay "Madonna - Finally, A Real Feminist." She makes some good points.

by Anonymousreply 11808/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 11908/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 12008/04/2013

I wonder if Vadge will start stealing from famous senior citizens soon. She's rapidly approaching that age group.

by Anonymousreply 12108/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 12208/04/2013

Joan Rivers, Betty White, Cloris Leachman all better watch their backs!

by Anonymousreply 12308/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 12408/05/2013

R23 That was the most BLATANT rip off I've ever seen in my life! She didn't even try to hide that she was copying.

by Anonymousreply 12508/05/2013

Can someone come over tonight and help me count my piles of money?

BE SWEET!

Forever yours,

by Anonymousreply 12608/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 12708/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 12808/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 12908/08/2013

R131 sadly that will never happen. Vadge stans will always buy her shit (see last album).

by Anonymousreply 13008/08/2013

she wouldn't have a career if it weren't for ripping off others

by Anonymousreply 13112/11/2014

She is the most frequent ripoff recording act ever

by Anonymousreply 13212/11/2014

No one young knows who she is......

by Anonymousreply 13312/11/2014

Is all post removed by the tedious troll the Janbot?

Good riddance from DL. That thing was a fucking nightmare!

by Anonymousreply 13412/11/2014

R134 is the Janbot obsessed stalker. Vadge rightfully has a lot of critics on this site

by Anonymousreply 13512/12/2014

R135 - Madonna is a dried up, ridiculous cunt who has become a caricature of herself. I couldn't care less if she dropped dead tomorrow.

What was utterly nauseating though was the Janbot blight. It was ruining the site and a very definite "tedious troll" as the webmaster has aptly tagged it. This is one of the few times I have ever posted about that tedious troll so just go fuck yourself. Did it ever occur to you that there are a lot of people on DL that hated the tedious troll??? There were.

by Anonymousreply 13612/13/2014

R136 Janbot is a paying member and opens his own threads. He hasn't done anything to be banned either. The deleted posts probably belonged to someone else. So you go fuck yourself and stop getting so bent out of shape over a fucking message board. weirdo

by Anonymousreply 13712/13/2014

This thread is VERY truthful. She HAS ripped off many people over the years. Bitch ain't original!

by Anonymousreply 13804/12/2015

I liked Janbot.

by Anonymousreply 13904/12/2015

Stevie Nicks ie Ghosttown

by Anonymousreply 14004/12/2015

Vadge's "Like a Whore" album cover is a copy off of Linda Ronstadt's "What's New" album cover, which was "coincidently" released a year before.

by Anonymousreply 14104/12/2015

Yes, Madonna's biting Stevie now. Maybe Stevie will throw a hex on her. She has every right to.

by Anonymousreply 14204/12/2015

Funny thing is, despite all the mouth-foam being sprayed around here, Rebel Hear is a fucking great album!

by Anonymousreply 14304/12/2015

[quote]Rebel Hear is a fucking great album!

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 14404/12/2015

Makes sense that she's ripping off Stevie Nicks now. Stevie is 1 of the few remaining singers she hasn't ripped off previously.

R143 check those sales numbers! FLOP

by Anonymousreply 14504/12/2015

Copied Kim Wilde.

by Anonymousreply 14604/12/2015

"Let The Music Play" by Shannon definitely "inspired" Madonna,though I'm not sure it rises beyond that.

by Anonymousreply 14704/12/2015

lmao I'll NEVER not be able to laugh at Vadge buying the lyrics from a fucking Gap commercial so she could use it in her "Sky Fits Heaven" shit song on the Ray of Light album. Hysterical and embarrassing, Vadge!

by Anonymousreply 14804/12/2015

you mean this, R148

by Anonymousreply 14904/12/2015

Get Into the Groove is the same sound as Let the Music Play.

What gets me about Madonna is, it's apparent in every live performance that she not only can't really sing but she's kind of tone deaf - she has no musical ear. I think, being the sociopath she is, she didn't let that stop herself from having a career, whereas most normal human beings might be like, you know, I'm not that good at this so probably shouldn't try and fake it.

Madonna has faked it her whole career. I don't know how she sleeps at night. Oh, that's right - she doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 15004/12/2015

The problem is that Madonna went after GaGa, for something she had done herself, with the very same song.It was petty and mean-spirited.

"Express Yourself"(especially the chorus) was ripped off from two songs...a song called "Respect Yourself", a song by the Staple Singers (it was later remade by Bruce Willis!) and a song called "Express Yourself", a hit by Charles Wright and the 103rd street Rhythm Band .

Madonna stole a lot of hooks from other songs, so turning on GaGa was really hypocritical. Madonna should have embraced her as a daughter figure, especially at a time that GaGa was doing a lot of gay rights advocacy. But Madonna resented the younger singer...it was ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 15104/12/2015

The chorus on "Papa Don't Preach" was a direct rip-off of the Sam Harris song "Sugar Don't Bite", which was released two years earlier.

by Anonymousreply 15204/12/2015

seriously ?? we are reaching into the Sam Harris catalog?

by Anonymousreply 15304/12/2015

R153, and your point is???

by Anonymousreply 15404/12/2015

You don't think Madonna knew who Sam Harris was?? All her friends were gay then, and she lived in gay dance clubs. The chorus for "Sugar Don't Bite" is EXACTLY the same as "PaPa Don't Preach".

by Anonymousreply 15504/12/2015

"Wanting...waiting...for -"

"What? More lyrics?"

by Anonymousreply 15604/12/2015

Here's the thing...no one CARED. We all knew she was 'borrowing', but no one cared. Then she attacked GaGa as "reductive", and the irony of that pissed people off. I loved Madonna, back in the day, but she's really turned into this snooty, mean-spirited person who's embarrassing herself trying to be 22 years old. All of that could be overlooked if she was still fun, funny, and tried to appear to have a sense of humor about herself. But these days she comes across as a cranky old bitch.

by Anonymousreply 15704/13/2015

No [157] it pissed off Gaga fans. Why? Because after that moment Gaga was labeled as a cheap Madonna wannabe by pretty much everyone.

by Anonymousreply 15804/13/2015

R157 not everyone knew-a lot of Vadge stans never knew she ripped off so many people because a lot of them aren't real music fans. Also, Vadge has always been snooty and mean-spirited. You think that's something new? She's pure evil in addition to being talentless which makes for an obnoxious, unlikable combo.

by Anonymousreply 15904/13/2015

No one has copied more ideas than Madonna. She's the most unoriginal recording act ever.

by Anonymousreply 16004/13/2015

Now she's stealing from Madonna impersonators!

by Anonymousreply 16104/13/2015

R158, NO. It pissed off the people who admired the LGBT rights activism that GaGa was involved in. I couldn't care less about her music. But Madonna struck out at GaGa at a time when there was an anti-gay backlash against GaGa. Because Madonna's a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 16204/13/2015

R161 that Madonna impersonator was not the first to do that Rocco bit. That meme's been going on for years. I've even heard it on DL, people wondering if Madonna propositions Rocco's friends a la Mrs. Robinson, or if Rocco pimps out his friends to her. What would've made it a true rip-off would be if in that video Madonna and Rocco were eating breakfast together.

by Anonymousreply 16304/13/2015

Regardless, no way did Vadge come up with her own flop jokes. I'm sure she had "help" with the writing and conception.

by Anonymousreply 16404/13/2015

Madonna has been sued so many times for copyright infringement and her reaction was "I guess when you're famous people like to sue you". No, bitch, people sue you because you like to rip off their ideas and get the money/credit for them.

by Anonymousreply 16504/14/2015

This site lists quite a few. She's a pretty good darn thief.

by Anonymousreply 16604/14/2015

Fuck off, Gaga Ghouls. Gaga is a copy cat, and was exposed. She's two steps behind, and will always be.

by Anonymousreply 16704/14/2015

R167 this has nothing to do with Gaga. It has EVERYTHING to do with Madonna who is the biggest thief in the music industry. No one has ripped off as many people as she has over the last 34 years. Everything this woman has ever done was ripped off from other people.

by Anonymousreply 16804/14/2015

Oh SUCK IT! R168. No one believes your lies.

by Anonymousreply 16904/14/2015

R169 = delusional and crazy Vadgestan who can't accept the TRUTH.

by Anonymousreply 17004/14/2015

Lady Gaga is a fart in comparison with Madonna. Gaga copies Madonna, not the opposite, don't make me laugh!

by Anonymousreply 17104/14/2015

So I hate, for example, Kim Kardashian and her criminally stupid brood. I do not open up threads about her, nor do I read any articles I see online about her because I really do not like anything about this person and what she stands for.

I would not go into a thread to discuss her. I would not start threads about her. I want nothing to do with this woman.

So if you hate someone, why start threads about her? Why engage in even hateful conversations about her all the time?

Just because you say you hate Madonna does not exclude you from being a fan. All you individuals who spend hours and hours online hating her are, in truth, obsessed with her.

You are keeping her alive. You say you hate her, but you WORSHIP her.

by Anonymousreply 17204/14/2015

no, numb nuts at R172

Criticizing someone doesn't equal interest.

I can criticize G W Bush all I want and reply to as many threads on such a subject as I want and that doesn't make me a fan of G W Bush

This thread is about all the stuff 'she who shall remain nameless' has stolen from other artists in order to keep her career going...no interest in the twat.

by Anonymousreply 17304/14/2015

r152/r155, Brian Elliot wrote Papa Don't Preach.

by Anonymousreply 17404/14/2015

Anyone who links to that AishaMusic site is a moron. The woman who runs it is certifiable. Any crazy person can file a lawsuit, and celebs in particular attract the crazies. r166's link includes "Aisha v. Madonna (civil rights and copyright infringement)," which was a frivolous lawsuit filed by that nutty Aisha. Another frivolous lawsuit listed at r166's link is DeCastro vs Madonna (invasion of privacy and commissioned stalking and harassment of a Miami family). This is how Miami New Times described Mr. Castro in a 1997 article (it also applies to AishaMusic):

"Like any other profession, law is practiced by both zealots and goof-offs, overachievers and slackers, crusty experts and inexperienced novices. But it is safe to say that within the diverse legal circles of South Florida there are no practitioners who come close to the relentless fecundity of pro se litigant Alfredo F. de Castro. Plaintiff par excellence, de Castro lifts the mundane act of filing a lawsuit to the level of performance art."

Click the link and you'll see just how many laswuits Mr. Castro has filed against celebs (including Madonna), which brings me back to the point that anyone can file a lawsuit, even if it's without merit.

by Anonymousreply 17504/14/2015

No one rips other people off like Vadge, NO ONE! She's the great rip off artist in history!

by Anonymousreply 17604/19/2015

Sez the twat at R176!

by Anonymousreply 17704/21/2015

R176 Beyonce would give Madge a good run for her money on that front

by Anonymousreply 17804/21/2015

Madonna has been doing it much longer than Beyonce. Madonna is the QUEEN of ripping people off.

by Anonymousreply 17904/21/2015

Madonna has been copying other people from the moment she moved to NYC. Even her early 80s looks were just copying people in the NYC club scene.

by Anonymousreply 18004/22/2015

Aisha's site is about 50% true, so it's still worth a look. Discern for yourselves which violations are valid...there are many.

by Anonymousreply 18104/23/2015

[quote]Even her early 80s looks were just copying people in the NYC club scene

And Banananarama

by Anonymousreply 18204/23/2015

Who, R182>

by Anonymousreply 18304/23/2015

Not 1 original idea ever from this woman

by Anonymousreply 18404/24/2015

it's very easy to identify every style and musical idea Vadge has copied. She's not creative, talented or smart enough to disguise it better.

by Anonymousreply 18504/25/2015

Her early 80s looks were original, her friends even made original outfits just for her.

by Anonymousreply 18604/25/2015

R186 you've got to be kidding. Plenty of other girls in the early 80s club scene had similar looks to Vadge. Then in 1984 she started copying Cyndi Lauper's look.

I don't doubt that Vadge had some friends who made outfits for her but they were based in the style that other girls were already rocking.

by Anonymousreply 18704/25/2015

Bananarama before Vadge was even on the radar

by Anonymousreply 18804/25/2015

[quote]Then in 1984 she started copying Cyndi Lauper's look.

True!

I remember when she shaved a checkerboard in her head and hung around the WWF.

Such a rip-off!

by Anonymousreply 18904/25/2015

Into the Groove is her best single and seems pretty original. I've never heard it being copied. Yo my ears she was inspired by "Let the Music Play"

by Anonymousreply 19004/25/2015

[quote]Then in 1984 she started copying Cyndi Lauper's look.

Vadge said herself in this interview that she ripped off Cyndi's look (only she tries to spin it as "we ripped off each other").

by Anonymousreply 19104/25/2015

We're so happy she was so 'inspired' by our artistic vision and costume design.

by Anonymousreply 19204/25/2015
Need more help? Click Here.