Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Whopper vs the Big Mac

Which do you prefer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215June 1, 2018 2:39 AM

Why didn't you do this as a poll? I am not too proud to admit I eat some fast food a couple times a month. I prefer Burger King burgers and MCDonalds fries.

by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2012 11:04 PM

Yes! Get a Whopper and then run across the street and get some Mickey D's fries, and you're set!

by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2012 11:07 PM

That either way, OP Shilly Mcwhore dies of a heart attack, soon.

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2012 11:08 PM

R3 is an uptight vegan.

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2012 11:11 PM

R2/4 is going to die of colon cancer.

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2012 11:20 PM

Looks great. I can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2012 11:23 PM

Yes, why the hell isn't this a poll?

I love having lettuce and tomato and mayo on my burgers, so naturally I adore Whoppers.

I hate Big Macs. Tiny meat, extra bun (the "club"), and that disgusting tartar-ish sauce, bleah!

by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2012 11:25 PM

R5 already has colon cancer but just doesn't know it yet.

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2012 11:25 PM

OK, now I'm hungry. Thanks, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2012 11:30 PM

In Mon'real, we call them "Whop-peres."

by Anonymousreply 10July 9, 2012 11:32 PM

I find Burger King indelible. I feel McDonald's at least has a modicum of cleanliness that's not required at BK. But I'm probably fooling myself.

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2012 11:32 PM

Whopper is more similar to the McDLT than Big Mac. Do they still sell that?

Flame broiling makes the Whopper meat patty taste better and seem slightly less processed.

It's the Bic Mac's secret sauce (thousand island dressing?) that people either love or hate. I never cared for it.

So I'll take a Whopper, but please hold the pickle.

by Anonymousreply 12July 9, 2012 11:34 PM

Excuse me. What are these things?

by Anonymousreply 13July 9, 2012 11:37 PM

I like Whoppers better, but quit going to BK because they always seem to have 20 burgers made up in advance and serve them at room temperature.

And since I just hate McD's totally, it means I rarely eat fast food any more, but when I do, it's Wendy's.

by Anonymousreply 14July 9, 2012 11:38 PM

Quick quest. Is BK now trans-fat free. Weren't they allegedly one of the last major chains to get rid of trans-fat in their products?

by Anonymousreply 15July 9, 2012 11:44 PM

To me it's an apples and oranges comparison.

They're two completely different sandwiches and tastes.

For a while, Burger King had a Big-Mac clone, and I have to say, I prefered it to the real Big Mac by a wide margin.

by Anonymousreply 16July 9, 2012 11:44 PM

The reason for the comparison is because they're both each restaurant's signature sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 17July 9, 2012 11:47 PM

Has anyone had Burger King's new thicker fries? I really like them. It's the only thing on the new menu that looks palatable. Have you noticed that the new sandwiches/features tend to be drenched in sauce and have enormous calorie contents? I'm not sure what the marketing strategy is...

by Anonymousreply 18July 9, 2012 11:55 PM

r11 - indelible?

by Anonymousreply 19July 9, 2012 11:55 PM

The Burger King bathroom scarred the Mary at, R11, leaving him with a mark he will not soon forget. Mmm, hmm.

by Anonymousreply 20July 10, 2012 12:01 AM

Come to Vegas (or SoCal) and have an In-N-Out Burger. Made to order, adjustable condiments and sauces, far, far better product. Warning, they have bible quotes on the packaging.

by Anonymousreply 21July 10, 2012 12:20 AM

Seriously? I just ate there and didn't notice the bible quotes. Plain white wrapper, burger in a plain brown box.

by Anonymousreply 22July 10, 2012 12:26 AM

This thread will give the fatties, shower nozzle masturbation material for weeks!

by Anonymousreply 23July 10, 2012 12:31 AM

I'd have to say The Whopper, by far. I can eat a Whopper every month or two. I can only eat a Big Mac a couple of times a year--and then only with plenty of sauce, as they're often dry.

[quote]It's the Bic Mac's secret sauce (thousand island dressing?) that people either love or hate. I never cared for it.

I like it but after reading the ingredients, less so. Below is an "emergency" recipe for it from a McDonalds handbook.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 10, 2012 1:03 AM

R-22, The quotes used to be easier to spot; maybe before they used larger print. My date had to show me mine. Guaranteed there on every order, or maybe just the Biblical citation. The original owner's rules.

by Anonymousreply 25July 10, 2012 1:05 AM

Whoppers taste like fakey charcoal and sterno flame.

Big Macs are disgusting.

Yeah, Wendy's is doable.

by Anonymousreply 26July 10, 2012 1:13 AM

Wendy's hasn't been the same since Dave died.

I used to love their cheeseburgers and chicken sandwiches.

Now I think they're completely unappealing.

They changed the pickles, and they changed their entire Chicken Sandwich completely. Bleh.

And I prefered their old fries too.

I don't eat at Wendy's much any more.

by Anonymousreply 27July 10, 2012 1:20 AM

Wendy's used to be great, but now they're complete shit, imo.

The new "natural-cut" fries have a disgusting aftertaste.

by Anonymousreply 28July 10, 2012 2:04 AM

[quote]I like Whoppers better, but quit going to BK because they always seem to have 20 burgers made up in advance and serve them at room temperature.

The trick to getting a fresh burger is to order one that is made differently. I loathe pickles, and so always order my burgers pickle-free. Lo and behold, my burger is always fresh!

(The trick for fresh fries is to demand "no salt". The employees know why you're making them work so much harder, but there's nothing they can do about it.)

by Anonymousreply 29July 10, 2012 2:07 AM

Could I go in a time machine and get a Gino's Giant instead?

by Anonymousreply 30July 10, 2012 2:12 AM

The meat on the whopper tastes and smells better than that of the Big Mac.

However, the tomatoes and lettuce always taste like the rotting bits you'd leave out of your home-prepared salad.

The lettuce in the Big Mac tastes like dried-out confetti.

The sauce is the only saving grace of the Big Mac. You need a fat girl putting it together for you. Managers don't use enough sauce.

by Anonymousreply 31July 10, 2012 2:22 AM

The sauce is measured by a sauce gun. Every Big Mac has the same amount of sauce.

I think the pickles make the Big Mac, personally.

I wish BK still had it's big mac rip-off. It was basically a double cheeseburger with lettuce, onion, and "special sauce".

by Anonymousreply 32July 10, 2012 2:26 AM

LOL R30, Gino's just returned to my area about a year ago. And yeah, I always order no-salt fries. They always come hot that way, because they have to make a fresh batch. That's also why I like ordering anchovie pizza. It's guaranteed to be fresh because almost NO ONE orders anchovies on their pizza (I love them).

by Anonymousreply 33July 10, 2012 2:28 AM

Big Mac with BK fries!

by Anonymousreply 34July 10, 2012 2:34 AM

If only the Whopper looked anything in reality like it does in the picture.

by Anonymousreply 35July 10, 2012 2:36 AM

My dad, God rest his soul, called it "Booger King."

by Anonymousreply 36July 10, 2012 2:39 AM

Glad I'm not the only one who was puzzled by the fries at Wendy's. Why change the recipe for something worse? Perhaps they're cheaper to make?

Wendy's is still not bad but has slipped badly in recent years. I have to order a Double to feel like I'm eating meat, not just a bun.

It's nice that they allow you to switch out the fries for another side. The side salad is OK. The chili, bland enough for grannies, is much improved by the addition of the gold-packeted chili seasoning. Baked potatoes can be quite good, when fresh, but too often have been held in a warming drawer until the flesh is yellowed.

by Anonymousreply 37July 10, 2012 2:45 AM

I ate at Mcdonalds last friday for the first time in over a year and I have to say that it was underwhelming. It tasted...nothing.

Needless to say I prefer Burger King but it depends on the restaurant and employees. Some places are good other BK are total shit. The best BK burger I had was in Playa Del Carmen in Mexico. The meat was very tasty.

by Anonymousreply 38July 10, 2012 2:50 AM

Their new BBQ Pulled Pork sandwich is pretty good actually.

Though I don't really want to know what's in it.

by Anonymousreply 39July 10, 2012 2:50 AM

It's probably no more disgusting than what actually comprises a McRib sandwich, R39.

by Anonymousreply 40July 10, 2012 2:59 AM

I like the Quarter Pounder better...but that's not saying much. They are all kind of gross. You feel like you put on 10 pounds after eating one and then get real sleepy.

And Wendy's burgers are complete shit now. they used to be good when they were hot. Are they even square any more?

by Anonymousreply 41July 10, 2012 3:10 AM

Yeah, they're still square... but what the fuck is up with serving them in those little card-board stands, on their side? That's so fucking stupid, and such a waste.

by Anonymousreply 42July 10, 2012 3:13 AM

R29 I like your no salt fries idea.

Unfortunately, changing what's on the burger won't make any difference in how fresh it is. It did work, once upon a time, at McDonald's, when burgers were "cooked to inventory," as opposed to cooked to order. If you ordered something other than the standard variation, it had to be cooked fresh.

Now the meat at both McDonald's and BK is cooked in advance and held in warming trays. When you order a burger, it's assembled to order.

R32 You can ask for extra sauce, though most McDonald's will charge extra, especially if you get it on the side.

BTW, Wendy's now have their own Big Mac knock-off but It isn't anything special. I think the peculiar pickles ruined it.

by Anonymousreply 43July 10, 2012 4:39 AM

BK has sweet potato chips now. They are lovely. I second the pulled pork vote, too.

by Anonymousreply 44July 10, 2012 4:44 AM

The people who work in the BK near my house seem to always squish the burgers after they're wrapped...always flattened out. Sometimes they are super hot...tastes like they put them in the microwave to heat them up.

by Anonymousreply 45July 10, 2012 4:49 AM

My favorite was the Big Chef at Burger Chef. I miss that.

by Anonymousreply 46July 10, 2012 1:01 PM

Great quote from former NY Times restaurant critic Mimi Sheraton:

McDonald's food is "irremediably horrible, with no saving graces whatever. [The hamburger] is ground, kneaded and extruded by heavy machinery that compacts it so that the texture is somewhat like that of baloney sausage, and it becomes rubbery when cooked. Once cooked, the burger is insulated in a soggy bun, topped with pickle slices that seem recycled, or dehydrated onion flakes, or shredded lettuce that is more like wet confetti, and one or another of the disgusting sauces. The potatoes may be crisp but they have no taste. The shakes are like aerated Kaopectate".

And that's not a typo, she said irremediably, not irredeemably.

by Anonymousreply 47July 10, 2012 7:02 PM

[quote]And that's not a typo, she said irremediably, not irredeemably.

Thank you for pointing this out. I tripped over that sentence about five times.

by Anonymousreply 48July 10, 2012 7:08 PM

For you Big Mac sauce aficionados, Miracle Whip has come out with a knockoff.

I had some at a cookout over the weekend and, for better or worse, it tastes exactly the same as the original.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 18, 2012 12:08 AM

Wendy's need to change their fries back. The new ones are too oily and salty. Yeah...the old ones weren't as good as Mickey D's. But they were better than most of the other fast-food joints, including Burger King.

by Anonymousreply 50July 18, 2012 12:21 AM

by Anonymousreply 51July 30, 2012 10:44 PM

I eat Whataburger or nothing.

by Anonymousreply 52July 30, 2012 10:55 PM

Haven't had a Big Mac in years and average about 2 Whoppers a year, but I always preferred the Whopper. I try to limit fast food burger joint visits to about once a month and choose something with a more even meat to bun ratio, like a Wendy's Jr. Cheeseburger or a McDonald's Cheeseburger. I find these taste much better than the oversized burgers.

Glad I don't live in In-N-Out territory. Self control would be difficult, particularly latenight. Whenever I travel to L.A., Phoenix, or Vegas, I have to pop in at least once.

Agree with earlier posters about Wendy's new fries. I don't know what they were thinking. Those sea salt ones suck horribly.

by Anonymousreply 53August 1, 2012 6:59 AM

They're not especially cheap, and not to everyone's liking, but Five Guys has much better fast food burgers than the larger chains (that I've tried).

by Anonymousreply 54August 4, 2012 12:24 AM

I just make my own, burgers aren't rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 55August 4, 2012 12:35 AM

I know what Whoppers and Big Macs are, but I've never had either. Maybe my reluctance is explained by my certainty that when Mimi Sheraton said that the meat is "ground," she meant that it is made of the soil.

by Anonymousreply 56August 4, 2012 12:58 AM

Friends with kids were in town this week so we all got the "treat" of eating fast food--Burger King, Wendy's, and twice at MacDonald's.

Whatever one thinks of them, MacDonald's and BK are consistent. Just the same as the last time I was at either.

Wendy's, however, continues to deteriorate. The "new" fries are worse than ever. The burgers were tough, on a bun that seemed stale. Most disgusting of all were the pickles, now incongruously and cloyingly sweet.

by Anonymousreply 57May 15, 2013 10:01 PM

Neither.....In N Out Baby!

by Anonymousreply 58May 15, 2013 10:11 PM

Do NOT get the turkey burger at Burger King! Grody to the max!

by Anonymousreply 59May 15, 2013 10:14 PM

[quote]Now the meat at both McDonald's and BK is cooked in advance and held in warming trays. When you order a burger, it's assembled to order.

This is the worst thing to happen at BK ever. I used to like Whoppers, but now it's rare to get a good one. I first noticed this in '08 when I watched the employees take the meat out of the trays. The patty was totally immersed in grease, which really defeats one of the benefits of flame broiling a burger. It shouldn't be gooey with grease sogging up the bun

McDonald's, with their fried burgers, suffers less in comparison because it doesn't change them as much.

r3, r5, r14, r23, and r56 are dick wilters. You can smell the priss just by reading their words.

by Anonymousreply 60May 15, 2013 10:57 PM

I had one Big Mac in 1980 and got sick...that was it. Never had a fast food burger again except for in n out....twice. I hate fast food..

by Anonymousreply 61May 15, 2013 11:31 PM

[quote]Great quote from former NY Times restaurant critic Mimi Sheraton:

Why would a NY Times restaurant critic like McDonald's? They are food snobs who have their jobs pay for the ridiculous high end prices of food they are paid to review. And No one I know doesn't like McDonald friees so she is not only a food snob, but a bit of a twat too.

by Anonymousreply 62May 15, 2013 11:53 PM

[quote]so she is not only a food snob, but a bit of a twat too

Aren't food snob and twat listed as synonyms in most thesauri?

by Anonymousreply 63May 16, 2013 12:39 AM

I'm sorry. Are these doorstops?

by Anonymousreply 64May 16, 2013 12:41 AM

Ask Sara Michelle Gellar.

by Anonymousreply 65May 16, 2013 12:46 AM

R21

The Burgers at In n Out are obviously superior to McDonalds and Burger King but their fries are horrible. I don't care if they're fresh cut, they're always bland and cold.

R54 is right. Five Guys is one of the best out there. Better than In n Out and not McD's and BK aren't even in the same category.

by Anonymousreply 66May 16, 2013 12:48 AM

[quote]Tiny meat, extra bun

Why the hell does every thread on DL end up about John Travolta?

by Anonymousreply 67May 16, 2013 1:31 AM

Love In n Out! If i havta choose btwn McD or BK then ill take a quarter pounder. Theres a Five Guys by me im gonna try them out soon.

by Anonymousreply 68May 16, 2013 1:43 AM

R68

Five Guys makes a killer grilled cheese. I love that on their burgers you basically get to customize it with whatever toppings you want.

You also have to get the Cajun fries.

by Anonymousreply 69May 16, 2013 1:48 AM

Whoppers are more salady.

by Anonymousreply 70May 16, 2013 1:49 AM

Carl's Jr. has a double-patty burger called "The Big Carl." They have a commercial where the Big Carl and the Big Mac have a conversation about which is better. The Big Mac says, "But I was born with a third bun." Big Carl says, "Whoa. TMI, dude!"

by Anonymousreply 71May 16, 2013 1:56 AM

I heard Fuddruckers is great. Any opinions?

by Anonymousreply 72May 16, 2013 2:14 AM

R72

Also good. Better than any fast food place like McD, BK, Wendy's, etc. They're on the thicker side of things... thick meat and thick bun.

Fries are steak fries, if I remember correctly.

by Anonymousreply 73May 16, 2013 2:20 AM

Five Guys.

by Anonymousreply 74May 16, 2013 2:35 AM

The Jumbo Jack is where's it's at.

by Anonymousreply 75May 16, 2013 2:43 AM

R75=Rodney Allen Rippy

by Anonymousreply 76May 16, 2013 3:56 AM

Whopper. No contest IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 77September 24, 2013 3:41 AM

R77, second. Whopper, No Fucking Contest. The only thing Mickey D's does right are their fries.

by Anonymousreply 78September 24, 2013 9:21 PM

Well aren't you just so delicate R61.

by Anonymousreply 79April 21, 2014 6:05 AM

BK has been awful since the ownership turmoil started. It was better than Mickey D's in the 70s and 80s, but since the rollovers started, it's been in decline. Don't think the Brazilian ownership is up to the task at hand.

BK really was beating McD ( except among kids) in tbe "Have It Your Way/"America Loves burgers, and we're America's Burger King" Days.

Maybe it was McNuggets, maybe it was BK zeroing on young males. maybe it was that "Herb" campaign disaster.

by Anonymousreply 80April 21, 2014 6:39 AM

Triple whopper and shove some onion rings in that shit. American chicken sandwich for dessert. And a small DIET coke por favor.

by Anonymousreply 81April 21, 2014 7:00 AM

[quote]Well aren't you just so delicate [R61].

Thanks ever so for bumping a thread which was pointless even when it was created two years ago just to add those words of wisdom, you insufferable fuck. Christ.

by Anonymousreply 82April 21, 2014 8:06 AM

They totes have the xl long bbq cheesey burger now. Deelish.

by Anonymousreply 83June 15, 2014 1:02 AM

Whopper

by Anonymousreply 84June 15, 2014 1:05 AM

When I lived in DC a hundred years ago, I used to love Gino's. Where are they located now?

In 'N Out beats all the burger chains in taste, quality and competence of the employees.

McD used to have the Angus burgers, great, don't know why they discontinued them.

Wendy's is too salty.

BK has been lousy for years. Used to have a great fish and chicken sandwich.

If you are in Chicago, be sure to try Portillo's grilled chicken sandwich. EXCELLENT!

Health food lovers shut up--all things in moderation, I am 6'4" and 200 lbs. and look damn good.

by Anonymousreply 85June 15, 2014 1:11 AM

The Whooper with lettuce, mayo and onions is better than any Big Mac

by Anonymousreply 86June 15, 2014 1:12 AM

Vegetarian here, so neither.

Both are poison.

by Anonymousreply 87June 15, 2014 1:14 AM

They're simply not comparable. Apples and oranges.

Now, if you compared the Big Mac to the "Big King", that might make more sense.

Or the "homesyle" quarter pounder to the Whopper maybe.

by Anonymousreply 88June 15, 2014 1:19 AM

I'd barf if I had to eat a Big Mac or Whopper. Both are too much food, without even considering the taste.

by Anonymousreply 89June 15, 2014 1:20 AM

I think Sarah Michelle Gellar answered this question once...

by Anonymousreply 90June 15, 2014 1:20 AM

Does Burger King still have those Satisfries? Stupid name, but they're pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 91June 15, 2014 1:21 AM

Just echoing the comment above about the fact that Burger King doesn't seem to have any standards of cleanliness. There's only one anywhere near me, and it's always filthy. Makes me scared to eat there (unfortunately it's the only place in walking distance to work, so on those rare days when I need to eat a VERY FAST lunch, I still go there).

McDonald's is always much cleaner, and at east it has those grilled chicken wraps, and the ne quarter pounders that replaced the Angus burgers are decent.

I'd eat at BK more often if the place wasn't so filthy.

by Anonymousreply 92June 15, 2014 1:24 AM

Culver's beats both of them

by Anonymousreply 93June 15, 2014 1:33 AM

The Whopper is better but I don't eat it anymore since it's ALWAYS cold as ice. I now go to Whataburger once in a while for my burger fix. Long wait but it's worth it because they're made to order.

by Anonymousreply 94June 15, 2014 1:36 AM

Satisfries are great

by Anonymousreply 95June 15, 2014 2:09 AM

Don't eat red meat at all, but every now and then I crave a grilled chicken sandwich from BK, and nothing is better than a Mickey D's double fish sandwich and a cold beer. Fries from either place when the craving hits, of course. BK serves a fillet of fish sandwich, and Mickey D has a decent grilled chicken so it's really no big deal, but I have my preferences.

by Anonymousreply 96June 15, 2014 2:19 AM

Just had a Whopper Jr. It was Ok. Got the job done.

by Anonymousreply 97June 15, 2014 2:24 AM

The quality of the food also depends on which location you go to and which city you're in. Gross fries at one location doesn't mean that they will be at all of them.

However, as other people have said, In-'n-Out is still the best fast food if you want to actually order fast food.

by Anonymousreply 98June 15, 2014 2:38 AM

R98, except for the fries. In-n-Out fries suck.

by Anonymousreply 99June 15, 2014 2:54 AM

Indelible?

by Anonymousreply 100June 15, 2014 2:56 AM

R99

I was about to post the same thing. I find the fries at In n Out awful.

by Anonymousreply 101June 15, 2014 3:03 AM

Whopper

by Anonymousreply 102June 15, 2014 3:13 AM

Mushroom & Swiss Thickburger at Hardees/Carl's Jr.

by Anonymousreply 103June 15, 2014 3:14 AM

Big Mac - hands down

by Anonymousreply 104June 15, 2014 3:40 AM

Who has best fries.?

by Anonymousreply 105June 15, 2014 3:45 AM

I live in LA and the Burger Kings here are not all that clean. I've become ill with food poisoning the last two times I had to eat at one. McDonalds is fairly boring, but consistent so I would cast my vote for McDonalds.

by Anonymousreply 106June 15, 2014 3:58 AM

I am from Canada. Nothing beats an a&w double teen burger.

by Anonymousreply 107June 15, 2014 3:59 AM

R106

Where in LA are you? And why did you go back after you got food poisoning the first time?

by Anonymousreply 108June 15, 2014 4:02 AM

I hate red meat. Can't eat it. I have noticed over the years, that people who regularly consume red meat, especially of the McD's or BK variety, have an unpleasant body odor. I'm not joking. They smell as if they have worked a shift at either place around the hot grease.

by Anonymousreply 109June 15, 2014 11:34 AM

Whopper!

by Anonymousreply 110June 15, 2014 12:17 PM

Big Mac but I haven't eaten meat for years.

by Anonymousreply 111June 15, 2014 12:28 PM

I like the Whopper fuck the Big Mac

by Anonymousreply 112June 15, 2014 12:34 PM

Nothing can beat White Castles burgers and fries; don't forget the malted.

by Anonymousreply 113June 15, 2014 12:43 PM

White Castle is the "go- to" menu to cure a hang over. When I was in college, we'd go there from an all night bender. But after we puked.

by Anonymousreply 114June 15, 2014 2:36 PM

I used to work in the beverage business, and while traveling went into a Wendy's near Dollywood with one of the beverage fountain service technicians.

What I saw there was DISGUSTING and I have never been tempted to eat there again. Wendy's used to crow about not cooking the burgers until you order them, so apparently what they do is keep the square beef patties on the cool side of the grill until you order---then they flip it over on the hot side of the grill to cook it. When I visited it was during a slow time for them, and the raw burgers sitting on the cold side of the grill had huge globs of coagulated bloody masses on top of them. I was skeeved out I refused a free Frosty from the manager, who offered several times since he was excited to get a visit from someone "from Corporate".

I've never had a Big Mac, so I have to say I prefer the Whopper and enjoy the veggies on top. I used to order the Quarter Pounders at McD but like a few of the other posters, the last time I ate there I didn't taste anything...could have been sawdust for all I knew. I sold all of the McDonald's stock I was holding and bought a new car with the money.

On the east coast, Five Guys is the closest you can get to In 'n Out, at least at a burger chain. I wish they had Drive Thrus though, because the only time I ever have a burger now is when I am really stoned. Going into Five Guys wasted and sitting there waiting for your take out is kind of a bummer. I think you can order ahead online, but I would need to hear first hand from someone what that experience is like, before I try to attempt it myself.

by Anonymousreply 115June 15, 2014 3:50 PM

5-guys is good, but ridiculously expensive. A burger and drink (no fries) is over ten bucks.

by Anonymousreply 116June 15, 2014 4:58 PM

I think it is more expensive because it is real food prepared where you can see it.

McDonald's is cheaper for a reason.....

High quality and low prices don't often go together.

But like I said, when I go to Five Guys I'm stoned, so the price is quickly forgotten when I start digging into those fries in the car...

by Anonymousreply 117June 15, 2014 6:15 PM

Whopper

by Anonymousreply 118July 5, 2014 2:24 PM

The Whopper Jr. is delicious. A whole Whopper is just too much meat.

Big Macs are disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 119July 5, 2014 3:41 PM

[quote]Get a Whopper and then run across the street and get some Mickey D's fries, and you're set!

I doubt anyone who's that well-thought-out about their fast food is running anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 120July 5, 2014 3:45 PM

Neither, I hate junk food. Makes me feel like I just poisoned myself!

by Anonymousreply 121July 5, 2014 4:27 PM

Both. Wendys triple baconator is deelish also. Frosty on the side, please

by Anonymousreply 122September 6, 2014 1:25 AM

It's an apples-and-oranges comparison.

I like both. Sometimes I'm in the mood for one, sometimes I'm in the mood for the other.

by Anonymousreply 123September 6, 2014 1:28 AM

Hardees has the best burgers.

by Anonymousreply 124September 6, 2014 1:29 AM

Neither, I hate BK, food there is inedible. I recently tried the bacon clubhouse burger from McD and it was yums.

by Anonymousreply 125September 6, 2014 1:30 AM

The only hamburgers I will eat are McDonald's quarter pounder with cheese or Wendy's triple cheeseburger.

I can't stand Burger King, Hardee's or Krystal's.

by Anonymousreply 126September 6, 2014 1:34 AM

I simply must try the bacon clubhouse tomorrow before my diet starts monday. Maybe ill have dos.

by Anonymousreply 127September 6, 2014 1:37 AM

R125, I agree. I was surprised how good it was. I thought the Bacon Clubhouse burger was way better than Wendy's pretzel bun burger thing.

I also like the Habanero Ranch Quarter Pounder.

by Anonymousreply 128September 6, 2014 2:04 AM

Note how nobody even talks about Wendy's any more.

I used to love their burgers, and they used to have the best chicken sandwiches.

Then Dave Thomas died.

And they changed everything.

Now I rarely even think of them, rarely even hear of them (unless it's someone bitching about how much they hate their commercials), and their food is just lame, boring, or actively sucks.

by Anonymousreply 129September 6, 2014 4:34 PM

whopper jr, everything but pickles....

it's the only decent thing at Burger King.

by Anonymousreply 130September 6, 2014 4:39 PM

I like their ice-cream cones, strangely. Very tasty.

by Anonymousreply 131September 6, 2014 8:18 PM

Christ, you know how the queens are on this site. They all crow about their healthy eating habits. But if you lift any of their caftans there will definitely be fat overhanging their Andrew Christian backless panties.

THREAD CLOSED.

by Anonymousreply 132September 6, 2014 8:24 PM

Nope, miss thang r132, it is still open.

by Anonymousreply 133September 6, 2014 8:31 PM

I think Wendy's is better than both of those shitholes.

by Anonymousreply 134September 6, 2014 8:36 PM

Wendy's used to be better. It's not really anymore.

by Anonymousreply 135September 6, 2014 8:47 PM

Can these fast food shills please stay off DL! Their food is shit, it tastes bad and it gives me a headache and bad temper. Go feed your junk to someone else.

by Anonymousreply 136September 6, 2014 9:22 PM

[quote]Can these fast food shills please stay off DL!

They're here to stay. They get paid a huge amount of money to shill fast food at Data Lounge. They didn't think you would notice, R136. You're very perceptive.

by Anonymousreply 137September 6, 2014 10:48 PM

I'm neither fat nor white trash so I would have to vote no to both.

by Anonymousreply 138September 6, 2014 10:56 PM

I like the double quarter pounder at McDonald's. Yes, the double quarter pounder.

by Anonymousreply 139September 6, 2014 10:58 PM

R138 = ignorant stereotyping judgmental moron.

But not quite as hilarious as the morons that think people are actually paid to "shill" anything here.

by Anonymousreply 140September 6, 2014 11:04 PM

Culvers beats the pants off both

by Anonymousreply 141September 6, 2014 11:04 PM

[quote]Can these fast food shills please stay off DL!

Can all these retards who think every DLer who likes something is a "shill" please GTFO of here!

Some of us enjoy expressing our opinion about things other than dicks, balls, and taints! That doesn't make us paid shills, you fucking idiots!

by Anonymousreply 142September 6, 2014 11:06 PM

R141, Culvers has great ice-cream.

The burgers are so-so-ish. If you get the fries crispy, they're awesome... alas, too many serve them limp. Bleh.

Their chicken sandwiches are dry and flavorless. Even if you ASK for mayo (doesn't come with mayo on it... it's just lettuce and tomato), they put a microscopic amount on that might as well be none at all. So very weird. Like they think mayo is expensive and must be rationed or something.

by Anonymousreply 143September 6, 2014 11:11 PM

Culvers ice cream is a whole thread unto itself. Their salted caramel pecan concrete mixer is fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 144September 6, 2014 11:18 PM

R140 is fat and still in denial about it.

by Anonymousreply 145September 6, 2014 11:56 PM

Nope. Sorry. You're wrong.

by Anonymousreply 146September 6, 2014 11:57 PM

I used to love me some double cheeseburgers from Burger King when I was a kid. Tried one recently and it's just not the same. McDonald's burgers have always been awful.

by Anonymousreply 147September 7, 2014 12:12 AM

[quote]Culvers ice cream is a whole thread unto itself. Their salted caramel pecan concrete mixer is fantastic.

It's not ice cream, it's frozen custard and I fucking love it.

by Anonymousreply 148September 7, 2014 12:32 AM

The queer thing is, that as delicious the subject burgers are when one is hungry, they are repulsive when one is full. How can that be?

by Anonymousreply 149September 7, 2014 1:21 AM

We should be comparing the Big Mack with the BK "Big King" ... apples to apples.

by Anonymousreply 150September 7, 2014 3:13 AM

I'm a McDonald's purist, in that when I sin I for for a standard, single pattie cheeseburger, two (!).

by Anonymousreply 151September 7, 2014 3:17 AM

You're right r150, and both of those burgers suck equally. I have no idea how the Big Mac has remained popular for so long. A good burger is just one patty and lots of lettuce and tomato.

by Anonymousreply 152September 7, 2014 3:18 AM

I love the Whopper. The Big Mac sucks. It would be more fair to compare the Whopper to a Quarter Pounder with cheese. The Whopper would still win, but it would be a more fair comparison.

by Anonymousreply 153September 7, 2014 3:19 AM

R153, actually the "Homestyle" Quarter Pounder is a better comparison... it actually has lettuce and tomato after all.

by Anonymousreply 154September 7, 2014 3:22 AM

Big King vs. Big Mac ... marketing vs. Reality

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155September 7, 2014 5:33 PM

They will both eventually kill you.

by Anonymousreply 156September 7, 2014 5:39 PM

Pretty much anything will eventually kill you if you consume too much.

by Anonymousreply 157September 7, 2014 5:40 PM

Have any Atlanta DL-ers been to Local Three? They have a fancy Big Mac ("The McDowell") that looks really good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158September 7, 2014 5:41 PM

I prefer the Whopper. Big Macs give me a stomach ache. Those BK Satisfries are pretty tasty as well.

by Anonymousreply 159September 7, 2014 5:45 PM

Too bad you can't get the Satisfries any more.

by Anonymousreply 160September 7, 2014 5:51 PM

I used to love Big Macs years ago and would eat them all the time. I recently had one after many many years and it was practically inedible.

Can somebody tell me if they were always shit and it was the tastebuds of youth which made me enjoy them so much or really has the quality gone down the toilet?

by Anonymousreply 161September 7, 2014 5:58 PM

The Bible Verses are ar the bottom of the cups at In N Out.

My favorite Big Mac is the Vegan one at a restaurant in Tarzana that has since closed. Unbelievable. Tastes like the real thing. Don't know how the chef does it. It's like magic.

by Anonymousreply 162September 7, 2014 6:00 PM

[quote] Can somebody tell me if they were always shit and it was the tastebuds of youth which made me enjoy them so much or really has the quality gone down the toilet?

I doubt it's just the tastebuds. I can't speak for Burger King, because I don't go there hardly at all, but I know for a fact that McDonald's is nowhere as good as it used to be. They have definitely changed ingredients and the way they cook their burgers. Notice you don't see burgers being cooked on a grill anymore. Ever since they changed the preparation method to cater to the special order crowd things have gone down hill. They seem to make their sandwiches to order and assemble them from pieces sitting in drawers. When I worked there as a teen in the 1980s the burgers were cooked on a grill, the buns were toasted, and sandwiches were tossed if they sat under the heat lamp for more than 10 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 163September 7, 2014 6:43 PM

The few times I've had Burger King in the past several years the sandwiches were room temperature. I remember when they used to be read hot.

by Anonymousreply 164September 7, 2014 7:56 PM

Every Burger King seems so damn slow despite having very few customers and the quality is nothing like it used to be. Every person I talk to about fast food agrees with this. I'm surprised they aren't closing left and right.

by Anonymousreply 165September 7, 2014 8:04 PM

Meat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166September 7, 2014 10:34 PM

I eat a whopper and big Mac about once a week. Each has their place, I like both.

by Anonymousreply 167January 19, 2015 5:06 AM

Big Mac I do not like Barfer King

by Anonymousreply 168January 19, 2015 5:10 AM

Big Mac "Special Sauce" is too salty. Delicious Burger King Whopper for me

by Anonymousreply 169January 19, 2015 5:11 AM

Whopper smells like ass.

by Anonymousreply 170January 19, 2015 5:15 AM

Pink slime is sooooo great. Hey, I'm not a health nut or vegan/vegetarian, but you people on here going on about mcd and bk are really rather sad. Unless you're ignorant, lazy,teenage, and just plain unaware of what is in this so called "food/meat", you as an intelligent adult wouldn't be eating this fucking garbage. Get off your lazy, gin soaked, kardashians watching, facebook viewing ass and make the stuff yourself with quality ingredients. Christ, no wonder this country is fucked up!!!

by Anonymousreply 171January 19, 2015 5:41 AM

Never drink gin. Never use Face Book. Never watch any Kardashian garbage. But like McDonald French fries and shakes.

And I use very good ingredients when I cook.

Get a sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 172January 19, 2015 5:48 AM

Split the difference: Get a Big King at Burger King.

TWO FOR FIVE BUCKS!

by Anonymousreply 173January 19, 2015 6:05 AM

I shouldn't have clicked on the link, I WANT A WHOPPER NOW

by Anonymousreply 174January 19, 2015 7:17 AM

Theres a few Habit Burgers in Az, flame broiled with the taste of a whopper but with caramelized onions and fresher ingredients. Price is about the same as a whopper too.

by Anonymousreply 175January 19, 2015 8:49 AM

I prefer not to put garbage in my body.

by Anonymousreply 176January 19, 2015 11:26 AM

R163 I don’t recall Big Macs ever being grilled but I'll take your word for it. Burger King still does and you can taste the difference.

I was in a McDonald's recently for the first time in years. The decor used to be more kid-friendly IIRC. The one I was in was oddly sterile--all tile and mat metal. It looked like the men's room at a large airport.

However I was struck primarily by how overwhelmingly sweet everything was. The special sauce, of course, but even the buns tasted sweetish. Even things like ketchup and Coca-Cola tasted sweeter than in other fast food places. It was as if they used a higher proportion of syrup to soda water than is normal.

by Anonymousreply 177January 19, 2015 12:05 PM

"I prefer not to put garbage in my body."

But I have no problem stuffing the unwashed, smelly stank sleeve of a stranger down my throat and then swallowing a load.

by Anonymousreply 178January 19, 2015 12:31 PM

R47 That quote is so true.

[quote]McDonald's food is "irremediably horrible, with no saving graces whatever. [The hamburger] is ground, kneaded and extruded by heavy machinery that compacts it so that the texture is somewhat like that of baloney sausage, and it becomes rubbery when cooked. Once cooked, the burger is insulated in a soggy bun, topped with pickle slices that seem recycled, or dehydrated onion flakes, or shredded lettuce that is more like wet confetti, and one or another of the disgusting sauces. The potatoes may be crisp but they have no taste. The shakes are like aerated Kaopectate".

by Anonymousreply 179January 25, 2015 2:36 AM

big mak sanwitches are $1.99 for limet time. im luving it.

by Anonymousreply 180January 25, 2015 2:43 AM

Actually their new shakes are pretty good. Love their vanilla shakes especially. I always ask them to hold the cherry & whipped cream though.

by Anonymousreply 181January 25, 2015 2:43 AM

You can always get two Big Kings for $5 (that's $250/each which isn't bad).

by Anonymousreply 182January 25, 2015 2:47 AM

that is a good deal for a splurge. by the time you get fries, it puts it over $7. i try to just get stuff off dollar menu, i'm on budget of next to nothing trying to feed two.

by Anonymousreply 183January 25, 2015 3:06 AM

My favorite fast food joint is Checkers, their stakehouse double is delicious and cheap ($3), but too small.

by Anonymousreply 184January 25, 2015 3:23 AM

Why the fuck would you get fries in addition to two Big Macs or Big Kings?? Two of those sandwiches is more than enough for a meal.

Just get a water to drink.

by Anonymousreply 185January 25, 2015 3:41 AM

feeding two people, r185, it gets old of just getting one sandwich and splitting it. if you get two sandwiches. you split one now and save the other for tomorrow's meal. leftover fries suck anyway.

by Anonymousreply 186January 25, 2015 4:13 AM

Left over fast food is nasty.

Don't split a sandwich. One each!

by Anonymousreply 187January 25, 2015 4:04 PM

i agree r187. i wish i could afford that

by Anonymousreply 188January 25, 2015 6:17 PM

So, I go to McDonald's today for the first time in a long time... and they've TOTALLY pared down their menu. No deluxe quarter pounders (including my fav: the Habanero Bacon Quarter Pounder). Just really stripped down.

And if you want just a Big Mac... nothing else, just by itself... it's FOUR BUCKS.

Holy crap.

I remember when you could get two for $2.22!

Now just one is FOUR FUCKING DOLLARS.

I guess they don't want me eating there much. Jesus.

I can get two better "Big Kings" at BK for five bucks.

by Anonymousreply 189January 29, 2015 4:41 AM

I like extra mayo on a burger so The Whopper wins out.

by Anonymousreply 190January 29, 2015 5:16 AM

r189. we can eat that and share a package of ramen noodles for 0.20 cents. i'll be your friend. i'm actually built like a brick s- house,and told im vgl. but nohomo here

by Anonymousreply 191January 29, 2015 5:16 AM

Still can't get over a Big Mac being four bucks.

by Anonymousreply 192January 30, 2015 2:19 AM

I know I posted on this thread two or three years ago but didn't read it well enough to find/recognize what I'd written.

But I do remember the Mimi Sheraton quote, which is how I found it again on Google.

My stepsister is off on one of her jaunts so my mother (and, by extension, my little brother and I) get to look after her kids. I've got to give my baby brother credit: He never begs for junk, except for Doritos and shit occasionally.

They're nice kids but, as my sister is GOOP-y, they only want fast food when they escape. So, starting tonight, I'll get to retry all these delights.

I've got nearly 12 hours so all suggestions are welcome. Which items/restaurants are better or worse? I work near a McDonald's but have been afraid to try the new, speciality burgers, based on past experience.

[quote]McDonald's is always much cleaner

Well, the one near my office is clean: The new decor looks like the restroom of an international airport. Sterile, at least in appearance.

by Anonymousreply 193September 30, 2015 10:18 AM

Big Mac. Burger King always gave me this smoky afterburp that lasted all day. I haven't eaten either in years, though. The junkiest foods I eat are Chipotle's burrito in a bowl or a salad and sandwich at Panera. Oh, and Late July Bacon Habanero corn chips, with sour cream as a dip. That's it.

by Anonymousreply 194September 30, 2015 1:08 PM

R194 Well, aren't you ra-sha-sha !!!

by Anonymousreply 195October 3, 2015 7:26 AM

Neither only Shake Shack Burgers in NYC when one has the craving

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196October 3, 2015 7:44 AM

Shake Shack blows. Come on.

by Anonymousreply 197October 3, 2015 8:09 AM

[R61] The same thing happened to me, too. I got so sick after eating a Big Mac that even the smell of them makes me ill. I don't eat burgers often, but when I do, it's a treat, and I get the best I can find from a good restaruant or I make my own.

Oh, the power of suggestion. I swear I can smell a Big Mac right now. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 198October 3, 2015 8:46 AM

Mamma loves some White Castle But be near a toilet for at least a half an hour after eating them.

by Anonymousreply 199October 3, 2015 11:57 AM

I get a craving for a Whopper w/cheese about once a year, everything else at BK is inedible, terrible fries. I used to like an occasional Big Mac, but I got one years ago where the lettuce had turned to slime, Bic Mac's don't age well, put me off them forever. I never go to McDonalds either, but I wouldn't mind a fresh Bic Mac, if I could get one, with some good fries. I usually stick with a Hardees mushroom/swiss burger if I'm doing fast food, which I do a couple times a year.

by Anonymousreply 200October 3, 2015 1:24 PM

Der Vopper!

by Anonymousreply 201October 3, 2015 1:44 PM

I like Shake Shack burgers, but those frozen crinkle cut fries they serve are a travesty. They remind me of the cafeteria in elementary school.

by Anonymousreply 202October 3, 2015 3:55 PM

R193 Due to my job, I end up eating fast food 3-4 times per month. If this is any help, here's my take on the topic:

Wendy's has slipped considerably. It's still possible to have a decent fast food meal there, if you choose carefully. Order a double burger or you'll end up with all bun and condiments, and little meat. Omit the sweetish pickles. Skip the newer style fries, introduced a few years ago; it's a shame because Wendy's old fries were very good. Have a baked potato or chili as a side. Baked potatoes are generally good if not cooked too far in advance and held in a warming tray. If the flesh has turned brown, send it back. Bland chili is much improved by a packet or two of the chili seasoning supplied upon request.

For better or worse, McDonald's is consistent. It hasn't changed much that I can tell.

Burger King is arguably the best of these three. Most of the regular menu items are passable to good. Onion rings, however, should go by some other name; they're ring-shaped hush puppies.

In all three cases, skip the seasonal/specialty sandwiches, unless you somehow happen to be a fan of the McRib.

Rally's has good burgers at reasonable prices, with unusual seasoned fries. (Apparently, the chain is called Checkers in other cities.) Unfortunately, the local store has only outdoor seating and, thus, is comfortable only a few days a year here. (I don't recommend any fast food for takeout. It's only tolerable when fresh and hot.)

I haven't been in Hardee's in over a decade. The food seems to vary drastically in quality from one outpost to another, perhaps due to management. I hear better things about their sister chain, Carl, Jr's.

I haven't been in Arby's in years, either, but there used to be a decent Chicken Cordon Bleu sandwich. It may still be available but not listed on the menu.

Finally, the worst local chain here is Steak n Shake with no edible choices except milk shakes, and few adults would choose to have a lunch or dinner of ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 203October 4, 2015 6:20 AM

Shitty food for shitty people.

by Anonymousreply 204October 4, 2015 7:08 AM

R202 right on! I don't order the fries

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205October 4, 2015 7:14 AM

Oh, fuck off cunt @R204.

by Anonymousreply 206October 4, 2015 3:21 PM

I used to like Big Macs, but these days they taste plain (and anytime I get one it's always lukewarm instead of hot). I definitely prefer the Whopper because it's grilled like a real hamburger and I like the charcoal taste and the onions.

by Anonymousreply 207October 4, 2015 3:59 PM

I find only FAT fucks eat at BK or McDonalds (seriously who eats there) and actually have never seen a fat seriously person eating at Shake Shack in NYC...just saying

by Anonymousreply 208October 4, 2015 4:13 PM

The only places I've noticed significantly fatter customers are at buffets like Golden Corral, which is truly like a pig trough.

by Anonymousreply 209October 4, 2015 4:19 PM

I feel sorry for you bitches who only have these shitty fast food burger options to choose from!!!!

by Anonymousreply 210October 4, 2015 4:26 PM

there is a halloween whopper at bk now. wtf?!

by Anonymousreply 211October 4, 2015 4:34 PM

It's got a dyed black bun.

by Anonymousreply 212October 12, 2015 3:21 AM

WHOPPER. Hands down, no contest.

by Anonymousreply 213October 12, 2015 5:25 AM

When the craving kicks in for burgers...our choice is only Shake Shack in NYC. 100% all-natural Angus beef. No hormones and no antibiotics ever. Our proprietary Shack blend is freshly ground. All burgers are cooked medium unless otherwise requested, served on a non-GMO Martin’s Potato Roll. Add lettuce, tomato, pickle or onion – your choice!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214October 12, 2015 5:38 AM

I ordered a Big Mac with extra special sauce and no pickles, to make sure I would get a fresh one.

It was very bad.

First of all, the buns are not even warm.

I missed the pickles; they add a touch of tartness. The special sauce is so bland that extra sauce adds no extra taste whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 215June 1, 2018 2:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!