Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Katie Holmes can't get away from Whole Foods

Is it just me or does Suri rarely walk on her own or ever smile? Is she developmentally delayed? Katie Holmes is ALWAYS carrying that kid with a blanket and stuffed animal in tow.

What is wrong with Suri?

by Anonymousreply 3807/09/2012

Looks great. I can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 107/08/2012

She probably is freaked by the constant hounding by the paparazzi.

by Anonymousreply 207/08/2012

It's a baby habit, like needing a security blanket.

by Anonymousreply 307/08/2012

Katie Holmes needs to move someplace where paps won't take pictures of her kid every day.

I walk the 13th st. block where Holmes used to live with Cruise at least twice a day. In the last two years, I've seen paps waiting in front of their front door only once, yet there have been daily photos of Suri coming in and out of the building. The paps must have known when to show up. No fucking way Cruise and Holmes are not pimping that kid to the media.

by Anonymousreply 407/08/2012

The "Happiness Bag" doesn't seem to be working too well!

by Anonymousreply 507/08/2012

she is staying in the building just next door to the whole foods. they have paparazzi seating areas at both entrances, sectioned off by riot fence. it's gross, and i'm sure she is miserable. i see them every morning on the way to work, and they sit out there with their giant zoom cameras and chat with the police that are also out there. it really must suck to be stalked like that, just because you are getting a divorce. i hate to say it, but poor katie.

oh: because this is the DL i will also judge about something i don't know anything about: she is fucking that kid up by carrying her so much.

by Anonymousreply 607/08/2012

Suri should be in first grade right now. Has she been in any school at all?

As far as the shopping trip, maybe Katie's just trying to introduce her to normal every day things in an attempt to bring her down to earth and her deified status in the cult.

by Anonymousreply 707/08/2012

[quote]Katie Holmes needs to move someplace where paps won't take pictures of her kid every day.

What do you think is scaring off Xenu's goons?

Suri and I will be making about 10 trips a day to that fucking supermarket, until you know who signs Daddy's iron clad agreement.

by Anonymousreply 807/08/2012

I have seen Katie and Suri in Chelsea Market before. This was last summer. she was walking around on her own. Katie appeared a VERY loving and doting mother, pointing out things and explaining them to Suri. By the end of their trip there was a crowd gathering taking pictures. And by the time they left there were about 25 paps outside waiting. She probabl carries her so she doesn't have to face the paps.

Btw Katie is much taller than I thought she would be with a tiny head and huge athletic legs.

by Anonymousreply 907/08/2012

National Enquirer at the supermarket today said she's getting $600 mil. I'd be afraid of being bumped off if I were her.

by Anonymousreply 1007/08/2012

Katie honestly looks the happiest she's been in a long time in those pics. Sure, I can imagine leaving Tom and the ensuing divorce will be hellish, but she has this look on her face like a weight has really been lifted. She almost looks like she did pre-Tommy. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 1107/08/2012

600 million!!!!!

How much is Cruise worth?

by Anonymousreply 1207/08/2012

[quote]National Enquirer at the supermarket today said she's getting $600 mil.

Damn, she did well.

by Anonymousreply 1307/08/2012

R7, it's been a long time since my first grade days, but I don't think school starts in July. Try September.

by Anonymousreply 1407/08/2012

$600 million! So maybe she can afford to shop at Whole Foods (for awhile anyhow).

by Anonymousreply 1507/08/2012

The fact that there are so many pap photos is what makes Katie's case for being a resident of NYC and not California - an important part of the divorce.

by Anonymousreply 1607/08/2012

If the paps weren't stalking her she wouldn't be carrying the kid around. Must be scary for a 6 year old to have the flashes hit and people staring at her whenever she leaves the apt.

The paps do offer a protection from some crazy Scientologist trying to take Katie out though so it gets balanced somewhat in the end.

by Anonymousreply 1707/08/2012

Yes, R14, my point was has she been to any school at all. Pre-K, kindergarten? If she's been kept away that could explain her appearing developmentally delayed and she never looked comfortable with other kids when photographed with them.

by Anonymousreply 1807/08/2012

Katie and Suri were up in rural Connecticut for 6 weeks or so in May/June shooting a movie. I'm told Katie made a great impression on the locals. Poor Suri had a burly bodyguard at her side the whole time. What a weird life. I mean, the small town where they were staying is somewhere you don't need to lock your doors and she's got a bodyguard.

by Anonymousreply 1907/08/2012

Oh please, there is NO WAY she's getting 600 mil. That is probably Tammy's entire net worth.

by Anonymousreply 2007/08/2012

r9 - She's have to be athletic to haul around a 6 year old.

by Anonymousreply 2107/08/2012

I live on the same block as SJ Parker's kid's school. The paps follow them down the street every day. They pop out of nowhere No matter what. Sometimes they swarm them. It's horrible.

The kid always has his head down. It must be awful to experience that every day.

by Anonymousreply 2207/08/2012

I see celebrities in NY all the time and almost none of them are ever being trailed by paparazzi. I have to believe the ones that get swarmed daily are just asking for it/calling them.

by Anonymousreply 2307/08/2012

I can't walk!

by Anonymousreply 2407/08/2012

Well if you had a cool dad who dances in his underwear and two cool step siblings and your money whoring cunt of a mother took you away from them and decided to play you for all the publicity she can get to revive a long dead movie career, you'd be sad also.

by Anonymousreply 2507/09/2012

r25 - Cruise's other kids (aka Scientology drones) would be Suri's half-sibs not step-sibs.

by Anonymousreply 2607/09/2012

It's tricky, R26, 'cause Connor and Isabella are adopted and so have no Cruise DNA. Half-siblings share one parent, genetically.

by Anonymousreply 2707/09/2012

R6, there is a function on your little device to allow the use of capital letters. Your proximity is made less useful by your absurd demands on the English language and our patience because you are too lazy to write like an adult. We don't care otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 2807/09/2012

Half-siblings share one parent. Genetics is irrelevant. Adoption doesn't demote their relationship to step-siblings instead of half-siblings. Suri probably has no Cruise DNA either, but she's still his child legally, just like the other two.

by Anonymousreply 2907/09/2012

the chosen one is carried

by Anonymousreply 3007/09/2012

I can only imagine the DL posts if we saw photos of Katie dragging Suri down the street to get away from the paps.

Carrying her probably works just fine, as long as she's able. I'm sure she doesn't carry her everywhere they go, only when the paps are around.

It's a way of controlling your children when they're in a situation that could become dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 3107/09/2012

Suri is 6, so she would technically be in kindergarten.

Compulsory school attendance begins for kids in MOST states the year they start the school year being six years old. If she turned six this year, Katie may have kept her at home for kindergarten, which is legal in most states.

Scientology strongly believes in homeschooling; Tom Cruise's other children were homeschooled by him and his sisters and have never attended conventional schools as far as I know, even Scientologist sponsored ones. This may have been a source of strife between Tom and Katie, as he must surely be insisting that Suri be homeschooled as a Scientologist.

by Anonymousreply 3207/09/2012

I'm sure that's true, R32. He probably would hate for Suri to be exposed to other children as she would be in a regular school.

by Anonymousreply 3307/09/2012

"National Enquirer at the supermarket today said she's getting $600 mil. "

If that's true, she knows something about him that's even more damaging than the rumors.

Probably not true, but there isn't much that's worse than the rumors about involvement with Scientology abuses, murders, human trafficking...

by Anonymousreply 3407/09/2012

The paparazzi aren't silently shooting photographs. They're also shouting at them, calling Suri's name, asking Katie questions, etc. They can be extremely invasive. What they do is more in the line of harrassment than photography. She carries Suri to protect her, especially since they mob up and chase after them. Suri's old enough to hate the paps. Tom was the one who cherished his photo ops with Suri.

by Anonymousreply 3507/09/2012

R36, you are going to banned now.

by Anonymousreply 3707/09/2012

For a moment, I read the title of this thread as "Katie Holmes can't get away from Whole Fools" and thought, "But she JUST DID!"

by Anonymousreply 3807/09/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!