Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Royal Blind item; The Pendulum Prince

Who Is This “Pendulum Prince”? The Royal Husband was already a man of a certain reputation when his naïve bride married him. She wanted to believe the romantic best about a man she adored, and so ignored the society rumours that swirled in more than one country. Although he is still attractive to ladies, some in high places whisper that he is gay, which is unlikely to be 100% true, and he is certainly the father of all his children. Others are convinced that he is a ‘pendulum prince’ — i.e. one who swings both ways, a label attached to more than one royal man.

It wouldn’t matter too much if the Royal Wife had known and accepted his inclinations at the time of their marriage, but apparently she didn’t and the truth came as a great shock. In dynastic style, she put the family line first and buried herself in work.

While the Royal Wife was busy, busy, busy with cutting ribbons and pastimes of her own, the Royal Husband found plenty of me time, down time, and private time with some close friends, prudently away from the attentions of paparazzi. There were a number of crises, but the Royal Wife insisted putting on a public front.

When it came to the children, the Royal Husband was overly strict. The Royal Wife looked the other way, just as she did over his other activities. The result was that the children were emotionally damaged by such harsh discipline. One had rebellious episodes, and although is technically ‘settled’, some fear that situation might not hold forever. Another has had relationship difficulties that have attracted speculative gossip. At the moment, the Royal Wife lets the Royal Husband pretty much do exactly as he likes.

This is not the British Royal Family, although Queen Elizabeth knows all about the Royal Husband; all royal families know each other and most know each other’s secrets. The late Princess Diana also knew about this Royal Husband, but not through marrying Charles and joining the House of Windsor. And that is actually the biggest clue of all.

by Anonymousreply 10004/09/2015

Prince Albert of Monaco, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 107/07/2012

How is this "obviously" Prince Albert? From the description it's clear that the prince in question has been married to his "Royal Wife" for many years now; Prince Albert married less than a year ago. It's also clear that the Royal Wife bore him multiple children, and that they disagreed over the appropriate level of punishment they should receive.

I think the subject is Princess Stephanie's husband, Ernst August. The last paragraph in the BI is key: like Diana, he was a British aristocrat marrying into a ruling family, and like her he's had numerous suspicious activities as a royal spouse. He had a severe enough case of acute pancreatitis to go into a coma around the time Prince Rainier died, and you usually don't get that at his age unless you have a rather severe alcohol and/or drug problem. He and Stephanie have been "separated" for at least three years now, and his whereabouts, officially speaking, are foggy.

by Anonymousreply 207/07/2012

You mean Caroline, not Stephanie, r2.

by Anonymousreply 307/07/2012

I don't know I was thinking of someone bigger.I would have said Juan Carlos if he was not known to be such a womaniser as.Isnt Queen Sofia very much a look the other way person and Princess Caroline was hardly naive when she married Ernst her 3rd husband.

by Anonymousreply 407/07/2012

I put my money on the queen of Denmark and her husband. To my knowledge the french husband gets a lot of me time in France and he was said to be rather strict with his sons. I am not sure but I think the crown prince was considered rebellious at some point. And didn't the second son have some extra-marital affairs?

Not sure what to do with the Diana hint except that it dates the Husband and Wife to the now (near) grandparent generation.

by Anonymousreply 507/07/2012

It's prince Andrew. He's been said to fancy the men folk, for years! Two daughters, still lives with fergie and he's been working for about 20 years following his military service.

by Anonymousreply 607/07/2012

R6, please *read* before answering in the future. The BI *specifically* states that it's not a member of the British royal family.

by Anonymousreply 707/07/2012

This can only be Emperor Akihito of Japan. I hear he likes to fondle various male heads of state while poor Empress Michiko has her nervous breakdowns.

by Anonymousreply 807/07/2012

The late Princess Diana also knew about this Royal Husband, but not through marrying Charles and joining the House of Windsor. And that is actually the biggest clue of all.

Nobody has read the last and Biggest Clue.

Which prince, not a Windsor, would a 17 year old Lady Diana Spencer know this about. Diana's sister Sarah was big o-ho; who would she have blabbed about?

by Anonymousreply 907/07/2012

It's that Scandinavian crown prince. Don't recall his name.

by Anonymousreply 1007/07/2012

I think it's Ernst too. Remember when Caroline went bald? That would be when the shock set in, I think.

by Anonymousreply 1107/07/2012

Sorry but are we reading the clues cause some if these answers are hopeless.

The guy has to have children you assume these children must be grown up and they have had their own problems.Until it is mentioned you fee it isvPrince Philip or Charles or maybe Edward or Andrew but then we are told they are not from the Uk.But that the Queen knows them.

So my feeling it is someone who is either a feel ow monarch or else a husband of one..

The last clue is Princess Diana.Now it could be Diana's naive feeling about marriage or she was close to the Spanish Royal family or even that she is possibly related to them.

Just my thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 1207/07/2012

The guesses on the site are Juan Carlos, Henrik of Denmark, and Albert.

by Anonymousreply 1307/07/2012

I don't think it's Henrik of Denmark because his children seem very well-grounded, not emotionally-damaged as described in the BI.

by Anonymousreply 1407/07/2012

It's Juan Carlos of Spain.

Diana supposedly fucked him. And the fact that Queen Elizabeth knows him hints that he's older like her.

Prince Felipe is the now-settled son who took forever to get married and his sister Elena is the one with relationship difficulties - divorced in the last few years.

by Anonymousreply 1507/07/2012

I thought it might be Ernst of Hanover, too, but he and Caroline only have one child together a 12 year old girl. I have a hard time believing that she would have ceded responsiblity for child-raising in such a way to the stepfather or that the Grimaldis would have accepted this. She was also 42 when she married him. How naive could she have been?

My guess is Pavlos of Crown Prince of Greece and Marie Chantal. Diana would have known of him, but he's too young to have started engaging in the behavior in question around the time she married.

The BI notes that he's still attractive to the ladies. A septuagenarian like Juan Carlos?

by Anonymousreply 1607/07/2012

Info on the book that alleges that Diana and Juan Carlos had an affair in 1986 (Diana was attempting to make Charles jealous supposedly, and Sofia has been a long-suffering wife to Juan Carlos's cad)

by Anonymousreply 1707/07/2012

Juan Carlos is still womanizing.

He supposedly had his mistress with him on the African hunting trip he took and got hurt on that pissed off the Spanish people a lot a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 1807/07/2012

Oh, yeah, Juan Carlos' womanizing is pretty legendary in Spain. That doesn't mean he's sexually attractive to them.

by Anonymousreply 1907/07/2012

In November 1986 I saw Charles and Diana in Palma de Mallorca with Juan Carlos and Sofia.

by Anonymousreply 2007/07/2012

How about King Constantine .Prince Phillip is related to him as is the Queen.She is apparently close to him and having lived in England diana would have known him socially.He has older children and before it veers off to non English royal it sounds like it is England they are talking about and Constantine has lived there since his exile.

by Anonymousreply 2107/07/2012

Per Wiki Constantine married his wife two weeks after she turned 18. He had first me her when she was 15 and declared she would be his future wife. It's probably safe to assume she was naive back then (1964).

by Anonymousreply 2207/08/2012

It's King Juan Carlos. Diana was very close with the king of Spain and his family, and he is very handsome to women even still. (The same cannot be said of the in-exile King Constantine of Greece.)

by Anonymousreply 2307/08/2012

she wouldn't have that kind of info before marrying Charles. r23.

by Anonymousreply 2407/08/2012

So Juan Carlos is bi?

by Anonymousreply 2507/08/2012

You're reading the final clue wrong.

The clue is not about Diana knowing the person before becoming married to Charles, but someone she has socialized with away from Charles.

by Anonymousreply 2607/08/2012

And she met the Queen's cousin, Juan Carlos, as a result of her being a part of the House of Windsor.

I don't buy KJC in this instance.

by Anonymousreply 2707/08/2012

Because BI are so f'up, to me, and nowhere is it said that the prince is alive, it fits Rainier Grimaldi perfectly. The dutiful wife the fucked up children, to a T.

by Anonymousreply 2807/08/2012

By that logic, then Constantine doesn't work either.

Diana had no contact with any royal family as a child/teen except for the Windsors (she played with Andrew and Edward as a child and her older sister dated Charles briefly).

But she did meet Constantine through the Windsors and he became a godfather of William.

by Anonymousreply 2907/08/2012

The BI says the Royal Husband and Royal Wife are still alive because it says "At the moment, RW lets RH do what he wants."

by Anonymousreply 3007/08/2012

What do we know about the Greek royal family except that they're married to just about every royal house in Europe? How do they support themselves? Are they wholeheartedly embraced as part of the royal community or just tolerated?

by Anonymousreply 3107/08/2012

Finally, it's no longer Primetime!

I've been wanting to say since yesterday (before r5 said it) that the most likely candidate is Henrik of Denmark.

First of all, the actual royal must be the wife rather than the husband. A King would not be referred to as a "prince". Also, the wife is simply getting on with her dynastic duty and ensuring the family line, suggesting hers is the royal dynasty. Moreover, there would be more of a touch of "scandal" to this BI if the "pendulum prince" were the actual royal.

"the society rumours that swirled in more than one country": Henrik is from France so the "more than one country" reference could allude to someone from abroad.

Henrik seems quite the dandy. He ran away to his French about ten years ago, apparently fed up with it all. A quick internet search, especially on royals forums. suggests that it's well known that he's bisexual.

Their younger son, Joachim, is divorced from his first wife, who is from Hong Kong, of British, Chinese, Czech and Austrian descent and with whom he has two children. The "technically settled" reference might be to their divorce settlement. The general gossip noise also seems to be that not all has always been well with the elder son and heir to the throne, either.

Moreover, just looking at the picture of Queen Margrethe and her Prince Consort Henrik as well as those of their fine sons with their charmng wives makes you think that this is a family where all sorts of stuff is going on under the surface (see link).

What the Diana reference is, I can't say. There may be some obscure fact that links them.

I have no idea how the ex-Greek royal family support themselves, although I did see Constantine on a flight from Athens to London a couple of months ago. I believe they're wholeheartedly embraced by the rest of Europe's royals, not least because a) they originated from the Danish royal family, so practically all the royals are related to them and b) because Prince Philip, consort to the biggest royal of them all, was himslf a prince of the Greek royal family.

The only other plausible alternative is that the BI is referring to some minor royal branch, even though I still believe that the wife would be the actual royal. Btw, Queen Margrethe's sister Anne-Marie is married to Constantine.

by Anonymousreply 3207/08/2012

^^^^^^^ He ran away to his French *castle*...

by Anonymousreply 3307/08/2012

One of Constantine's younger children, Princess Theodora, supports herself by working as a daytime soap actress, with a bit part in The Bold and the Beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 3407/08/2012

So the biggest hint is Diana and you have no fucking clue how she's connected to Henrik, but you're adamant it's him just the same. Ummm OK.

BTW, the Pendulum Prince does not necessarily mean the male royal in question is merely consort. It could have to do with just alliteration for the BI.

by Anonymousreply 3507/08/2012

Who cares Carl Phillip is the only HOT royal left

Go down and drool at him shirtless

by Anonymousreply 3607/08/2012

R35, no one so far has come up with any connection to Diana in relation to any possible pendulum prince, so, yes, I think it's fair to say whatever the connection is it's not something that's very well known.

"Pendulum prince", alliteration or no alliteration, the term "prince" would be bullshit to use in relation to a king, especially to one who has been king for nearly 40 years. But, yeah, maybe you're right, and the BI is referring to Prince Juan Carlos. I mean, according to some unsubstantiated tabloid-style trashy book, he flirted with Diana so that means she knows that the Prince Juan Carlos is bisexual, right? Or maybe they took it all the way and she could tell he was bisexual from the way he fucked women. Except, she met him after she had married Charles and become a member of the House of Windsor. Moreover, she never spent time with Juan Carlos independently of Charles and outside of any "royal" context. In fact, the "rumour" that Diana had an affair with Juan Carlos is most likely complete bullshit. So, the "clue" in BI does not point to Prince Juan Carlos.

Moreover, this BI is about a bisexual or perhaps even wholly gay prince. There has never been any rumour or gossip or whispering to suggest Prince Juan Carlos is into men.

On another note, Princess Sofia (wife of Prince Juan Carlos) is Constantine's sister.

by Anonymousreply 3707/08/2012

Btw, R35, this book that reveals the "big connection" between Diana and Juan Carlos, you know, the one that reveals his womanising, his affair with Diana and 1500 other women. Since it's so reliable and provides infallible information and the author knows all about his sex life, surely it should also reveal Juan Carlos' interest in men. But, it doesn't. So, either the author doesn't know shit about Juan Carlos' sexual activities or he isn't into men.

by Anonymousreply 3807/08/2012

I've met most of the royals mentioned above through a former job in DC in the 80s and 90s. Some of these I met only a few times; others I dealt with scores of times.

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia: Both charming with magnetic personalities. KJC is particularly attentive to his surroundings and people he meets - easily makes small (and medium) talk. Tells great stories. She is quieter. I get no overly gay vibe.

Prince Felipe: Very hot. Fairly intelligent too. Moderately down-to-earth for a royal. Willing to initiate conversations; can discuss many topics. No gay vibe here (though I wish he was). When a student at Georgetown, he would go by "Felipe' and tried to blend into typical US grad student life (attending keg parties, etc).

King Constantine: On the arrogant side, and a bit of a blowhard. Name drops more than the others in this list. Still hopes to return to the throne.

Prince Pavlos: Not as bright as his cousin Felipe, but sharper than most of his Windsor cousins (not a tough standard, I know). Into being seen and maintaining an A-List profile.

Prince Frederick: Bit of an airhead. Loves his sports (especially sailing), loves his parties, loves attention. Has an deep interest in global warming and the environment (surprisingly well-read on the topic).

Prince Consort Henrik: He'd be my vote too for this BI. Reminds me of Marcus Bachmann.

by Anonymousreply 3907/08/2012

Has anyone considered this BI might refer to an Arab prince? Abdullah of Jordan? One of the Saudi royal family? This makes much more sense since it would mean Diana became familiar with the story through Dodi Fayed - who was close with Saudi royalty.

by Anonymousreply 4007/08/2012

It's not Prince Albert of Monaco. They aren't Royals, they are Serene Highnesses. Right? I'm liking the Saudi Arab line of thinking but don't know enough about them.

by Anonymousreply 4107/08/2012

I vote Prince William. He's recently married.

by Anonymousreply 4207/08/2012

God, Henrik really does look like a Marcus Bachmann type.

by Anonymousreply 4307/08/2012

Do Saudi princesses go around cutting ribbons, r40? What's the paparazzi like down in Mecca? I seriously doubt this BI refers to an Arab dynasty.

More "evidence" in support for Henrik: Margaret Holder, the woman who wrote this BI for the Morton Report, has also written that the Danish princes were raised strictly by their parents. Holder also refers to a book with the title "1015 COPENHAGEN K - Mary's Dysfunctional In-Laws" (Mary is the daughter-in-law of Margrethe and Henrik).

by Anonymousreply 4407/08/2012

The Grimaldi family have a HSH (His/Her Serene Highness) but they are a ruling dynasty and yes, royal. Queen Elizabeth's grandmother Queen Mary was herself born a HSH.

by Anonymousreply 4507/08/2012

Diana used to attend polo matches while her sister Sarah was dating Prince Charles. King Juan Carlos used to be an avid polo player and played with Prince Charles, Diana could possibly have had the opportunity to meet him at one of those matches.

How did we get on Juan Carlos though? Really could be anyone but the Diana piece makes it so puzzling. Diana's family didn't have any connections to continental royalty as far as I can tell; her pre-marriage royal connections were all to The Windsors. Unless perhaps Raine, Countess Spencer moved in continental circles and reported back the details to Althorp. Then again, Diana loathed her and was probably not one for chit-chatting with The Countess.

I doubt it could be Prince Henrik of Denmark. He and Queen Margrethe seem happy together, to me they look like soulmates.

by Anonymousreply 4607/08/2012

Saudi princesses live in relative seclusion within palaces in Saudi Arabia. There aren't that many sightings and when you do they are more recent, anyway. They have no public role. Google and you'll find a few, mostly raven-haired beauties in terribly expensive looking clothing and accessories.

by Anonymousreply 4707/08/2012

Diana used to take her boys on vacation with the Spanish royal family.

by Anonymousreply 4807/08/2012

Friend of mine went to college with Prince Albert, played soccer togther etc. He said that Albert occasionally layed around with guys, including himself.

by Anonymousreply 4907/08/2012

[quote]Prince Felipe: Very hot.

You ain't kidding, R39. Woof! I read that he and cousin Pavlos were roommates at Georgetown.

by Anonymousreply 5007/08/2012

If it isn't the British Royal Family, then who the fuck cares?

by Anonymousreply 5107/08/2012

Felipe is ok. He's very tall, but something looks somehow out of proportion. And that photo R50 posted is basically his one expression. His wife Letizia is tiny and skinny, almost Flockhart-esque in her figure. I think out of all the European heirs, Crown Prince Haakon of Norway is the most handsome.

by Anonymousreply 5207/08/2012

I think we're a little off. According to Wikipedia, Princess Diana's stepmother Raine, Countess Spencer (then known as The Countess Dartmouth) was working on The United Nations Conference on the Human Environment in Stockholm in 1982. I did a little investigating and it appears that Prince Bernard of The Netherlands gave an address at this conference because of his role in the World Wildlife Federation. There might have been plenty of chances for a politically active British Countess to meet with some continental royalty. Whatever she learned there could have made it's way into the next household she married into, which was the Spencers. Diana might have known something about the doings of the Dutch Royal Family as a result. I say, the prince in question is the deceased Prince Bernhard, who fathered an out of wedlock child in addition to his gaggle of princesses.

by Anonymousreply 5307/08/2012

Couldn't Hendrik's exploits have been fodder for gossip among royal and noble circles in England when Diana was a teen. These people must love to talk about one another.

by Anonymousreply 5407/08/2012

I think it goes way back. It sounds like Prince Rainer and Grace Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 5507/08/2012

Sorry, I typed 1983 by accident! I meant 1973 !!

by Anonymousreply 5607/08/2012

Henrik was gorgeous as a young man. Check out the YouTube vid of him arriving at the airport after his engagement.

by Anonymousreply 5707/08/2012

[quote]Sorry, I typed 1983 by accident! I meant 1973 !!

But you didn't type 1983, you typed 1982.

by Anonymousreply 5807/08/2012

[quote]I doubt it could be Prince Henrik of Denmark. He and Queen Margrethe seem happy together, to me they look like soulmates.

They may seem happy, and they may be soulmates, but there have been rumors of Henrik's bisexuality for years. I don't know what the Diana connection is though, and if it's simply the case mentioned in R54, then why even bother bringing up Diana in the BI?

And if I may bring up another royal-- Queen Elizabeth's third cousin, King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden. What do we know about him, other than he indulges in wild sex parties with strippers, hosted by members of the Mafia? Eldest daughter, the Crown Princess Victoria has settled into marriage, but previously suffered from anorexia. Middle daughter, Princess Madeleine canceled her wedding after it was revealed very publicly that her fiance had cheated on her. And bachelor son Prince Carl Philip ended a decade long relationship.

And speaking of Carl Philip, R52, I think he trounces Haakon in the looks department. The guy is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 5907/09/2012

I actually thought first of Prince Johan Friso of the Netherlands when I read the BI. Second son of Queen Beatrix, widely discussed as being gay (and not even particularly closested) prior to his marriage. He's the one who's a vegetable now after being asphyxiated in a skiing accident earlier this year.

But on closer reading I guess he doesn't really fit: not only did he give up all claims to the throne so that he could marry a woman who was considered unsuitable (if he were bearding, he would have chosen a very suitable woman), but the reason why his wife was considered unsuitable was because she'd been a drug dealer's moll before hooking up with Friso. So no way could she be called "naive".

by Anonymousreply 6007/09/2012

My friend's father was a journalist at a big newspaper in Copenhagen for 30 years. He said that it was an open secret that prince Henrik was bisexual and had male lovers. He said he kept an apartment in the city where he would go to meet his lovers. According to the same source, queen Margrethe knows, but loves her husband with an almost child-like enthusiasm and has chosen to look the other way. Margrethe is immensly popular in Denmark, so the press has decided to not write about what they know, because it would backfire on them. People would be furious if the press humiliated Margrethe with gay stories about her husband.

Henrik was very strict with the two sons. They were not allowed to have dinner together with their parents and he used to spank them. Crown prince Frederik made a joke about it in his speech when prince Henrik celebrated his 60th or 70th birthday.

Crown prince Fredrik and prince Joakim were known as the "turbo" princes" in the 90's. They both liked to drive fast cars and get speeding tickets, go to nightclubs, have model girlfriends and party.

Don't know about the princess Diana reference though. That sounds more like JC of Spain. Plus "all his children" sounds like more than two. And the royal wife could be Sophia. She was princess of Greece before she married JC so she was royal from birth.

by Anonymousreply 6107/09/2012

I wonder about princess Elena of Spain. A friend of mine used to live in Madrid and on Mallorca and mingle with the upper crust there. According to her, the rumour that everybody took for a truth is that princess Elena is mildly retarded, but the royal family has been able to cover it up all the time and then arranged for her to get married to some Spanish playboy, who by the way was notoriously unfaithful to her.

Any Spanish members here who know more?

by Anonymousreply 6207/09/2012

If she's mildly retarded -- oops, you mean mentally challenged, r61, she should have married a Windsor. She would have fit right in, and her husband probably wouldn't even have noticed. Still would have cheated, though, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 6307/09/2012

Sorry, I am not a native English speaker, R63.

Same rumour about prince Carl Philip of Sweden, btw. Mentally challenged and can barely put a three word sentence together.

by Anonymousreply 6407/09/2012

So Royal house of Denmark fits but no one can figure the biggest clue, the Diana one.

Also, Juan Carlos and Sophia could fit but he's not a Prince he's a king and nothing that could tell us he's bi.

Carl Gustaf, well, who knows?

Grimaldi family. Anyone there could fit but always seems that one clue is out of the order. Caroline wasn't naive when marrying Ernst (and she had her hair loss earlier, when he was still married to one of her best friends) but there is a conenstion to Diana. Hanover nouse is connencted to British royals and there were some wishes back in the day for Caroline to marry Charles. It's not them, coz they have one daugter together and there is not one rumor about Ernst being strict parent to Alexandra or the other children, especially the Casiraghi trio. Albert has no kids with Charlene but has kids out of the wedlock and is rumored to be bi. However, the parenting info doesn't fit since he's not raising those children nor do the Diana clue fits. The best one is Ranier and Grace. They lived separate lives and you could find their kids in this clues. And Grace warned Diana about It only gets worse. However, they are not alive and it does seem the royal couple is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 6507/09/2012

Huh, a blind item that comes close but doesn't quite fit any known candidates.

Yep, someone made that shit up.

by Anonymousreply 6607/09/2012

Hm, after hours of wasting time on the internet trying to find a connection between Diana and Henrik, I think I have found one, however obscure.

Diana's favourite designer was Catherine Walker, nee Catherine Marguerite Marie-Therese Baheux-Lefebvre. After graduating from university in France, Catherine moved to London, where she got a job teaching French for the French Embassy. This would be the mid-late 1960s when a young diplomat, Henri Marie Jean André de Laborde de Monpezat, later to be known as Henrik, Prince Consort of Denmark, was also based in the French embassy in London. In fact, he met his future wife Margrethe at the embassy when she was visiting London in 1965.

So, it's quite probable, especially if the pendulum prince had society rumours swirling around him in various countries when he married Margrethe, that the girls at the embassy knew all about his exploits with men and women. How much more exciting would this gossip be if he's also courting the young Danish princess when she comes to visit.

Fifteen years later, and just after her own wedding, the young princess of Wales picks Catherine Walker as her stylist and designer - surely a relationship unrelated to the House of Windsor and her duties as a princess, to the extent that any of Diana's relationships after the age of 20 could be unrelated to that. Gossiping as girls might do during all those long fittings when it was just the two of them, Catherine may have told Diana all about the then dashing Comte de Monpezat, now Henri, Prince Consort of Denmark.

by Anonymousreply 6707/09/2012

R62 - My parents are from Spain and, although they immigrated years before Juan Carlos became king, they [italic]did[/italic] talk about their suspicion of her having some type of mild MR when they saw her news features on Spanish-language TV. I don't know if they discussed it with family there, but I can't imagine that people haven't wondered or speculated based on her appearance. I called my godmother to ask, but she's not home. She's completely tuned into Spanish gossip so she should know more details.

Also, unlike her sister Cristina (whose husband is in a heap of trouble now), she has no accomplishments or duties listed on her Wiki page, not even the completion of a degree. Since her separation, she appears with her parents, brother and sister-in-law at official functions. She smiles and greets.

BTW, my mother, for some unknown reason didn't like Sofia, apparently like much of the Spanish public at some point. She always referred to her as "La coneja" (the rabbit) owing to the lapine appearance her teeth give her.

by Anonymousreply 6807/09/2012

I'm not surprised Queen Sophia is unpopular, she was from the ruling dynasty of Greece but was ethnically German and Danish. She married Juan Carlos, the protege of General Franco, but she was no stranger to fascism herself. Her mother served in a girls Hitler Youth type organization while still a young princess in Germany. JC and Sophia are cousins of some degree. So there is double-mixed Hannoverian blood mixed with Bourbon and Hapsburg. No wonder the oldest daughter is so fugly, that's an inbred mess.

Back to the subject at hand. I'm sticking to my theory, Diana's stepmother The Countess was her link to continental royal gossip due to her involvement in that 1972 UN environmental thing in Sweden.

by Anonymousreply 6907/09/2012

The part about Diana may not mean that Diana knew then.It could be that a similar situation occurred with the bride naive unaware that there were three in the marriage .

by Anonymousreply 7007/14/2012

Many of the royals mentioned in this thread are in London today and more will be arriving in the next few days.

by Anonymousreply 7107/27/2012

Let me know if you find one of them on Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 7207/27/2012

bi's can be male or female its funny you meet prince albert of monaco in a bar its cold your not wearing a dress that day but a suit or elton john is eating cake and your eyes meet and you feel naked and weird!!

by Anonymousreply 7308/18/2012

Can someone please translate r73 for me please?

by Anonymousreply 7408/19/2012

It's obviously Princess Leia's father.

by Anonymousreply 7508/19/2012

It cannot be any of the British one's as none of them are remotely attractive they are all fugly.

If it is one of the Brits then it could be Prince Edward.

by Anonymousreply 7608/20/2012

[quote]My friend's father was a journalist at a big newspaper in Copenhagen for 30 years. He said that it was an open secret that prince Henrik was bisexual and had male lovers.

It's an lesson in showing that two smart people who respect and love each other can have an immensely successful and happy marriage despite differences that would set others apart.

And I think the Danish royal family would have a wise and relaxed attitude to it. Queen Margarete discussed in a television documentary the well known life long love affair between Prince Valdemar of Denmark and his nephew Prince George of Greece, both of whom were married. The princes could only meet up once a year, but there was always desperate tears at departure!

by Anonymousreply 7708/20/2012

That's an interesting tale about Pr Valdemar and Pr George.

by Anonymousreply 7808/25/2013

It's Prince Matchabelli

by Anonymousreply 7908/25/2013

[quote]my feeling it is someone who is either a feel ow monarch

Aren't all monarchs "feel ow" monarchs?

by Anonymousreply 8008/25/2013

by Anonymousreply 8108/25/2013

It can't be Prince Albert of Monaco, he has had several bastard children by air-hostesses and the like. He may be royal but he is a tramp.

by Anonymousreply 8208/25/2013

So incest was the thing for their arranged marriages and their gay affairs?

by Anonymousreply 8308/25/2013

Some of them seem to think incest is best.

by Anonymousreply 8408/26/2013

It's a well known secret that Prince Henrik of Denmark (married to Queen Margrethe of Denmark) is bisexual. There have been some scandals involving some of Henriks friend having sex with minors in one of Henriks trips to Bali.

There have been a few rumours about Prince Frederik letting gay men give him bjs in his younger party days. A gay friend of mine was approached by Frederik in a club (krasnapolsky) back in 1997. It's also no secret that he prefers beautiful blonde girls and was known to be shagging some hot ones (he probably still does) before his marriage to Mary.

The Danish press are very respectful towards the Danish royal family and would never write anything that could seriously damage the Danish Monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 8503/16/2014

Henrik looks like a rugged Marcus.

by Anonymousreply 8603/16/2014

R39 hit the nail on the head with the Marcus Bachman/Henrik of Denmark comparison. Read the link - Mary!!!

by Anonymousreply 8703/16/2014

[quote]There have been a few rumours about Prince Frederik letting gay men give him bjs in his younger party days.

I heard that about Frederik when he was working on a project in NYC about ten years ago.

by Anonymousreply 8803/16/2014

^the apple doesn't fall far from the tree..

by Anonymousreply 8903/17/2014

Years ago, when he was still married to Fergie, an English friend (who frequented aristo gay circles in London, told me Prince Andrew was HIV+ and bisexual. After he split from Fergie, and despite all her hundreds of tacky transgressions, he has always remained on good terms with her. Maybe because she keeps his status secret.

Prince Edward's gay of course.

by Anonymousreply 9003/17/2014

Wow, was Andy ever cute!

by Anonymousreply 9103/17/2014

I know this thread is comatose, but now I'm thinking that it is Prince Jaime of Bourbon-Parma. His cousin is King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands. He didn't get married until he was 40 and has long been rumored to be gay. He was just appointed by his cousin to be the Dutch envoy to the Holy See, which is gaygaygay from what I've been told. But he married in 2013. This was posted in 2012. Still...he is a cutie. Dutch and Spanish descent...

by Anonymousreply 9211/02/2014

Rumor has it that Juan Carlos of Spain is Prince William's biological father as Diana had an affair with him as well. It makes sense since Wills doesn't carry the fucked up Windsor genes which are really German. He shows NO sign of looking anything close to Prince Charles.

by Anonymousreply 9311/03/2014

I think it's Queen Latifah's husband. I don't know what her name is, but she likes the ladies.

by Anonymousreply 9411/03/2014

[R59] whooooa - you aren't kidding.

by Anonymousreply 9511/03/2014

[R85] It's well known within the Danish Press and gossip circles of Europe that Frederik continues to have affairs with pretty blonde women and that his marriage to Mary has been a disaster and they now both lead separate lives. Mary is rumored to have had a couple of affairs herself. Frederik also has a drinking and drug problem. That's nothing new to the Danish royals though, Queen Margrethe's father was a violent alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 9604/09/2015

This blind is from three years ago. And we're still guessing.

by Anonymousreply 9704/09/2015

The answer to, who is the pendulum prince, is Edward Earl of Wessex and his WORKING WIFE, Sofie. Edward was 36 or 37 when he married. Sofie is now referred to as a workaholic.

by Anonymousreply 9804/09/2015

What about "this is not the British royal family" did you miss, R98?

by Anonymousreply 9904/09/2015

Unrelated to this blind -- there's a new book out called "Backstairs Billy" about the British Queen Mother's notorious gay servant. Apparently all the servants who work with him refer to Prince Charles with the pronoun "She."

by Anonymousreply 10004/09/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!