Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tom Cruise's New Movie "Jack Reacher'

It looks REALLY good!

by Anonymousreply 4812/21/2012

Only if you are blind and deaf.

by Anonymousreply 107/04/2012

How many phone books did he have to sit on to reach that steering wheel?

by Anonymousreply 207/04/2012

50 year old midget kicks the asses of 6'2" men half his age? Of course!

by Anonymousreply 307/04/2012

I smell hit. It will just kill that treacherous woman who betrayed him that he still is the greatest star on the planet, and she walked away from him out of confusion and spite. He's so hot. He won't have any trouble finding a wonderful girl. What a great talent.

by Anonymousreply 407/04/2012

What? It looks stupid as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 507/04/2012

R4= Anne Archer

by Anonymousreply 607/04/2012

Looks like Tom's pr people are posting on here.

by Anonymousreply 707/04/2012

Looks great. I can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 807/04/2012

I can't even bear to watch the trailer. I think they could have cast Willow Smith as Reacher and it would hardly have been a worse miscasting.

I'm a bit of a fan of the books (fun, trashy, repetitive, plot-driven page turners that they are). Reacher is 6'5 and 200lbs+ of solid, man muscle. The human equivalent of a tank but with a brain and excellent situational awareness. I'd love to see the films with an actor who actually fit the part.

by Anonymousreply 907/04/2012

The voiceover seems intentional, no?

by Anonymousreply 1007/04/2012

It's just hideous. This was a part for Chris Hemsworth, that guy from Thor. Not a part for a midget 50 year old man

by Anonymousreply 1107/04/2012

It looks as good as a placenta sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 1307/04/2012

[quote]I'm a bit of a fan of the books (fun, trashy, repetitive, plot-driven page turners that they are). Reacher is 6'5 and 200lbs+ of solid, man muscle. The human equivalent of a tank but with a brain and excellent situational awareness. I'd love to see the films with an actor who actually fit the part.

I'm a fan, too. Reacher is a great revenge fantasy guy. Hilarious watching Tammy duke it out with bad guys at the end of the trailer. Kind of like casting Mickey Rooney as Zorro.

On the other hand, the producers and Lee Child have said they couldn't find an important film star as physically huge as Reacher, so they "liberated" themselves from that idea and went with Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 1407/04/2012

Yes, and you too can enjoy the greatest screen star of our time...Oscar nominated Tom Cruise in "Jack Reacher". Also starring Rosamund Pike and Robert Duvall.

Based on a book in Lee Child's crime series, a homicide investigator digs deeper into a case involving a trained military sniper who shot five random victims.

Coming soon to a theater near you (check you local time for showings) You will love every minute of it!

by Anonymousreply 1507/04/2012

Moviephone is a gay DL poster?

by Anonymousreply 1607/04/2012

The full title is "Jack Mehoff & Reacher Round"

by Anonymousreply 1707/04/2012

I see that Tommy's shills are at it again. Don't you people know how obvious you are????

by Anonymousreply 1807/04/2012

Cruise has previously played a Nazi, y'all; subbing for what should have been a tall, blond actor ain't no thang. Rest assured this'll be a billion-dollar blockbuster and Academy favorite come February 2013!

by Anonymousreply 1907/04/2012

This is the best trailer I have ever seen!

by Anonymousreply 2007/04/2012

OP = Tom Cruise ?

by Anonymousreply 2107/04/2012

People who have not read the book will flock to the movie. It looks good and will be a hit.

Come back to this post in December

Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 2207/04/2012

It looks like total shit. Surely he could have picked something better than this?

Rock of Ages has proved that Tom can't sell a lousy movie. And this looks like another lousy movie.

by Anonymousreply 2307/04/2012

At least Rosamund Pike is in it!

by Anonymousreply 2407/04/2012

Jack Reacher? Jack *Nasty*!

by Anonymousreply 2507/04/2012

R24, I think she is the actress who used to be involved with the (now) openly-gay actor Simon Woods.

by Anonymousreply 2607/04/2012

Rosamund Pike had a smallish role in An Education, but she should have been the star (well of another movie). Or maybe sharing with Olivia Williams. Instead the "soggy muffin" had the starring role and all of the screen time.

by Anonymousreply 2707/04/2012

[post by racist shit-stain removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2807/04/2012

Bad trailer. Not at all interested in seeing this one.

by Anonymousreply 2907/05/2012

Why on earth did they need a name star?

Make the movie with a talented unknown and let him become Reacher. Idiotic to cast Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 3007/05/2012

Looks like a bad 80s Sly Stallone flick.

by Anonymousreply 3107/05/2012

Jeremy Perkins - A Family Tragedy

On March 13, 2003, Jeremy Perkins, a 28 year old untreated schizophrenic, stabbed his mother Elli 77 times. She bled to death on her bedroom floor. Jeremy is currently being held at Rochester Psychiatric Center, having been found not responsible for Elli's murder by reason of mental disease or defect.

Perkins, his mother and father, his sister, and her husband are all members of the Church of Scientology, a group that believes modern psychiatric medicine derives from an ancient alien civilization's plot to drug and enslave humanity. Scientologists like Tom Cruise vehemently and publicly oppose the pharmacological treatment of mental illness. Unfortunately, Scientology's own brand of therapy, called "auditing", is worthless.

Elli Perkins was a senior auditor (counselor) at the Church of Scientology of Buffalo, New York. Her son-in-law, Jeff Carlson, is the Executive Director of that church. Jeremy himself had taken Scientology courses there, and was even flown out to Los Angeles to join Scientology's paramilitary Sea Organization, although he was promptly sent back home due to his mental problems.

After consulting a Scientologist osteopath, Dr. Conrad Maulfair, Elli was treating Jeremy with vitamins, which he disliked. Within hours of Elli's murder, which occurred on L. Ron Hubbard's birthday, the Church of Scientology initiated a crash cover-up to hide its connections to the case. Jeremy's family has since "disconnected" from him, per Scientology policy. This web site reveals Scientology's true role in the death of Elli Perkins and the destruction of Jeremy's life.

Unfair Dissmissal - Scientology Harrasment in A WISE Dental Clinic LINK run by a Scientologist entist named Dr. Aydin

The purpose of the Scandal page is to try and collect those examples of outrageous conduct that the international psychopolitical terrorist organization dba 'Scientology'(tm) does, that, when read, might entice the reader to dig deeper into the collected works on this website, until he becomes motivated to help do something about this abomination.

$cientology has done something to infuriate just about anyone. Here are a few of their better known escapades:

The Persecution of Ex Members, critics and journalists

Dan Garvin's Expose` about Scientology's super secret INCOMM database - which indexes scientologist's secrets and all their personal connections to legislative, governmental, media and judicial officials.

Read ex-member Gary Weber's apology to John Travolta, Mayor Gabe Cazares and journalist Richard Leiby ( then of the Clearwater Sun newspaper ) - then follow the link to read his story. ( with illustrations )

"Richard Behar, author of the 1991 TIME Magazine article, describes the ordeal of writing about Scientology, includes moving letters from readers:

"The runway into this trap is a social millau which gradually seduces good people into believing, among themselves, on self deceptions. So they come to believe themselves an elite, in unique possession of all the right answers. The deeper a person goes.....the more he participates in his own exploitation and that of others."

Scientology's survival depends upon a constant campaign to silence criticism, See the Persecution page, I consider this tactic to be extortionate conduct to intimidate witnesses, covered by the United States Federal Criminal Code.

The largest single profiteer in the Scientologist Reed Slatkin illegal ponzi scheme turns out to be a Scientologist! - Ex-member of banned by a Federal court order (US vs MSH) Gaurdian's Office - (G.O.) Joel Kreiner who is associated with L Ron Hubbard's once personal lawyer, and scientology background player, Attorney Norton S. Karno

December 2002: The Following Scientologists have been sued by the Bankruptcy Trustee (case #01-11549 et all) to recover illegal profits from fellow Scientologist "minister" and Earthlink Co-founder Reed Slatkin's ponzi scam:

Doug Dohring $193,000; Laura Dohring Joseph Andruscavage $230,000; Tammy Terrenzi Strickling Jack Dirma

by Anonymousreply 3207/05/2012

I'm assuming any enthusiastic posts to this thread are sarcastic.

They must be. Tom Cruise is a cultist freak.

by Anonymousreply 3307/05/2012

I love the books. This little midget ruins everything that is good and decent.

by Anonymousreply 3407/05/2012

Tom Cruise is over. Face it.

by Anonymousreply 3507/05/2012

by Anonymousreply 3607/05/2012

Tom Cruise is ancient and everybody thinks he is a nutcase, he is slightly more marketable than Mel Gibson.

by Anonymousreply 3707/05/2012

Hugh Jackman is big enough physically to play Reacher and he's a huge star. Why didn't they pick him?

by Anonymousreply 3807/05/2012

Maybe he passed on it, R38. It is fun to think TC gets someone else's leftovers.

by Anonymousreply 3907/05/2012

I'm assuming the ripoff "Mission Impossible"-esque soundtrack playing in the background is intended to establish positive associations? Ugh. I'd only go see it if the car he is driving is actually Christine and eats him alive at the end.

by Anonymousreply 4007/05/2012

Troll post.

by Anonymousreply 4107/05/2012

At the end of the day, speculations on Tom Cruise's sexuality will never go away. He's a lonely gay motherfather!

by Anonymousreply 4207/05/2012

It looks REALLY generic and DULL.

by Anonymousreply 4307/05/2012

Tom Cruise as Reacher is laughable. To say that he "spiritually captures" the role is a cop-out and a JOKE. As a Jack Reacher fan I believe Lee Child has sold out the Reacher "brand" and has lost an opportunity to bring his already huge fan base into the theaters, while at the same adding millions of new fans to the franchise. As it is, many of us won't bother, even after it goes to CD, and those movie goers who are new to Reacher will go out and get the books and cry foul!! Tom Cruise's "larger than life" ego and Lee Childs apparent greed have made a joke out of the Jack Reacher persona and I for one am dissappointed.

by Anonymousreply 4411/23/2012

Yes, it's laughable that they chose Tom for this, as Reacher is supposed to be 6'3" or so. I've read them all, and when we went to the movies, the coming attractions came on, and we just laughed. Tom Cruise is not who you would picture if you read the books.

by Anonymousreply 4511/23/2012

I think this Jack Reach-around flick is going to be a big bomb.

Just watched Tammy Cruise on with David Letterman and she seems to be so personality deficient that she gives an uncomfortable interview. She's still pretty, but that's about the only positive thing I can say. She is overusing that weird fake laugh and it makes me wonder how much people must hate interviewing her.

by Anonymousreply 4612/18/2012

This will bomb.

Outside of the MI franchise, everyone now views him as a cult loving nutjob. No other role will make people forget that. His brand is ruined.

by Anonymousreply 4712/18/2012

EW magazine is predicting this will open at a weak No. 2 for the weekend behind The Hobbit.

Because I want Cruise to just go away, I'm hoping it doesn't even do that well, but all of the new releases look pretty bad. Maybe the new Judd Apatow movie will make No. 2 because the stars have been promoting the hell out of it this week.

by Anonymousreply 4812/21/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!