Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Andrew Garfield is fucking ugly

But I found him so sexy in Spider-Man. It's the whole package. Even though his smile makes him seem like he forgot to put in his dentures, he is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 12412/20/2014

He really needs to lose the bouffant.

by Anonymousreply 107/04/2012

Not true. Andrew is a cutie, in need of butt implants maybe, but still a cutie.

The problem with Andrew is the inside. He is a selfish user type, who got where he is due to politics, not talent.

by Anonymousreply 207/04/2012

He did a fine job in Death of a Salesman. Guess he fooled me and the Tony nominators.

by Anonymousreply 307/04/2012

Keisha gurl, he ugly.

by Anonymousreply 507/04/2012

So anemic-looking

by Anonymousreply 607/04/2012

[quote]He is a selfish user type, who got where he is due to politics, not talent.

"Politics"? WTF?! And why on earth do you think he is a "selfish user type"? This sounds almost like fanfic.

In no context is Andrew Garfield ugly. Not your type? Fine. But ugly? No. At the very least he's cute. By non-Hollywood standards he'd be totally fucking hot, albeit tall and skinny (I assume he's normally even skinnier but worked out prior to filming the new Spidey flick).

by Anonymousreply 707/04/2012

IFHH

by Anonymousreply 807/04/2012

R7, perhaps R2 is implying that because Jesse is Jewish he had some influential Hollywood Jews pulling strings for him.

by Anonymousreply 907/04/2012

If so, R9, then R2 is an anti-Semitic idiot and asshole.

by Anonymousreply 1007/04/2012

i want him to blow me

by Anonymousreply 1107/04/2012

Most otherwise-average looking guys would look hot in a Spiderman suit.

by Anonymousreply 1207/04/2012

Anthony Perkins 2.0

by Anonymousreply 1307/04/2012

Well, R10, I can't think of any other 'politics' that R2 is referring to.

For what other 'political' reasons would he be implying that Andrew was given this role? The fact that he's part British?

by Anonymousreply 1407/04/2012

[quote] Even though his smile makes him seem like he forgot to put in his dentures, he is adorable.

That's it! I couldn't figure out what bugged me about Andrew, but he has "old man face!" That's what I couldn't pinpoint.

by Anonymousreply 1507/04/2012

I loved him in The Social Network, where he looked fairly good as Eduardo Saverin. Haven't seen him in anything else. He must be extraordinarily skinny because he looks super skinny on film.

by Anonymousreply 1607/04/2012

by Anonymousreply 1707/04/2012

I'm a big fan of his ass.

by Anonymousreply 1807/04/2012

head too small for his body.

by Anonymousreply 1907/04/2012

I also don't find Andrew Garfield attractive at all. And I've seen him in person. He's really rather ugly.

by Anonymousreply 2007/04/2012

R18, you should check out the other thread, then.

I posted a naked screen-cap from one of his little-known British t.v. series.

by Anonymousreply 2107/04/2012

[quote]He's really rather ugly.

Wait till you getta loada me.

by Anonymousreply 2207/05/2012

His head is too small for his body.

by Anonymousreply 2307/05/2012

It's true. He kind of looks like both an old man and a young kid. And from what I've seen, he's still basically playing either teenagers or college age kids even though he's pushing 30.

by Anonymousreply 2407/05/2012

I think he's really cute but if you need Vin Diesel...go for it.

by Anonymousreply 2507/05/2012

Just like his pal Jesse Eisenberg, R24. Put them in a hoodie and they look 18.

by Anonymousreply 2607/05/2012

Agreed, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2707/06/2012

[quote] He did a fine job in Death of a Salesman. Guess he fooled me and the Tony nominators.

Since when did the Tony's become a beauty contest?

by Anonymousreply 2807/06/2012

Hahaha Who is that idiot who doesn't know what politics means in this context?

by Anonymousreply 2907/06/2012

It's surprising how ugly he sometimes looks on pictures. I thought he was very cute in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

by Anonymousreply 3007/06/2012

I don't think he's ugly, but he's definitely just blah, meh, plain, ordinary, nothing special, nobody you'd look twice at, etc.

by Anonymousreply 3107/06/2012

His facial features remind me of play-doh creatures I made as a kid, with distorted rubbery facial features.

Everything's mis-aligned and bulbous, and he's got a Granny jaw.

by Anonymousreply 3207/06/2012

Cute. Talented. Terrific in Spider-man and Social Network.

The end.

by Anonymousreply 3307/06/2012

Some photos of him definitely don't do him justice. I don't think he's ugly, I think he's just not very photogenic. The worst pictures of him are shots from the red carpet. He's adorable on film, though.

by Anonymousreply 3407/06/2012

And what does it mean, R29?

by Anonymousreply 3507/06/2012

I thought Andrew Garfield played Peter Parker beautifully, and blew Tobey Maguire out of the water! Andrew's long, slender, muscular, body gave him that Spider look. The ending was wonderful when he comes home to Sally Fields. The 3-D really added to the flying sequences, and made Spider-Man look real.

Andrew Garfield is now my latest crush, and what I would give to have his Buffon hair!

by Anonymousreply 3607/06/2012

When you see Andrew's acting talent in Spider-Man, he looks really beautiful..and not just in the suit.

by Anonymousreply 3707/06/2012

I've had a crush on him for over a year.

by Anonymousreply 3807/06/2012

I saw him in that Terry Gilliam movie who's name I completely forget. It had an absurd title. This was well before the hype, well before The Social Network. i had no idea who he was, but I found him completely adorable and mesmerizing. he's got looks and chops . More power to him

by Anonymousreply 3907/06/2012

Oh, yeah. He's ugly as sin -- if you're a blind idiot with no taste.

by Anonymousreply 4007/06/2012

Good looking or ugly, people disagree. But everyone can see that Andrew is 100% homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 4107/06/2012

Uhm, he looks pretty hot in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 4207/06/2012

I hope Andrew is gay, I want to marry him!

by Anonymousreply 4307/06/2012

Andrew will get married as a career revival strategy. The only possible PR chess move after the flop of Spiderman, is marriage to a women.

Expect some Agency appointed "up and coming" female. No kids, divorce is 5 years .... you all know the routine by now....

by Anonymousreply 4407/06/2012

They should have casted Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker from the beginning. But, we wouldn't have had a great original re-boot of Spiderman.

by Anonymousreply 4507/06/2012

[quote]Andrew will get married as a career revival strategy. The only possible PR chess move after the flop of Spiderman, is marriage to a women.

Are you drunk?

by Anonymousreply 4607/06/2012

Tobeys Spiderman trilogy did $2.5 Billion.

Andrews Spiderman opened - first day at $35M, it is all down hill from here. The movie cost $215M to make. Break even is double cost, as you have to pay promotion and pay the theaters. So Andrews Spiderman is heading for a loss, unless the box office really picks up over the next few weeks, which is the opposite of what usually happens. The first week is historically the best for regurgitated franchises. Latent box office numbers only kick in on unknown films. Franchises never have a latent box office numbers boost.

by Anonymousreply 4707/06/2012

I saw the movie today and liked it, but I think it is too close to the original trilogy. I did not really feel like sitting through the origin story again. I thought Toby was good in the first movie, but looked a bit long in the tooth for the part by Part III. The MJ angst also got really repetitive by that time. I will say they did a much better job with Gwen Stacy. She was written much better and much less annoyingly.

by Anonymousreply 4807/06/2012

So what's the reason Andrew Garfield was cast? It's unusual to cast a Brit as Spiderman and he's not that well-known except to those who saw 'The Social Network'.

Having said that, it's hardly all his fault. The marketing people have to take some responsibility here, as do the producers who wanted to have another 'Spiderman' series so soon.

by Anonymousreply 4907/07/2012

What a fun movie to watch and no doubt due to Andrew Garfield casting genius. I prefer this to the original.

by Anonymousreply 5007/07/2012

According to this article at Box Office Mojo, the film is doing pretty well so far, so perhaps some of the folks above are exaggerating its problems?

by Anonymousreply 5107/07/2012

I don't find him cute at all and he also looks like he has a snaggle tooth waiting to happen. I probably won't see the movie because I think he looks annoying.

by Anonymousreply 5207/07/2012

I think Andrew Garfield looks pretty hot in these photos. And yes, he was amazing as Spiderman. When Andrew cries, you just want to cry with him.

by Anonymousreply 5307/07/2012

R51 It's tracking between the second and third film right now. I think it will go below all three when it ends it's release. 2009 was the only previous year to have two films reach $400 million in the US. The Avengers and The Hunger Games have already done that this year. I believe the success of those two films have hurt following summer movies. Another thing is the new Batman film comes out at the end of the month and that will hurt tickets sales for the rest of Spiderman's run. I think it will make $290-@300 million, which will be a big disappointment for the studio. They may abandon any future sequels and keep it dormant for years. From the clips I've seen Andrew comes off as a neurotic, anxious Jew instead of a nerdy white guy which Peter Parker is. The CGI is so much better though than the previous two. I think they got Spiderman's body down right this time. He's supposed to be slender unlike in the previous three movies where he had an average build.

by Anonymousreply 5407/07/2012

[quote] Andrew comes off as a neurotic, anxious Jew

How so?

by Anonymousreply 5507/07/2012

[quote]Andrew comes off as a neurotic, anxious Jew

Are you mad? Andrew was brilliant. Tobey didn't even come close to Andrew's superb performance.

by Anonymousreply 5607/07/2012

Yeah R54 how so? I went to the movie today just to pass time but came out fully entertained and now a fan of Andrew Garfield. He is that good in this movie.

by Anonymousreply 5707/07/2012

Did you guys stay for the credits? Their was a another scene after that.

by Anonymousreply 5807/07/2012

You can see the neurotic, nervous energy in this clip.

by Anonymousreply 5907/07/2012

Why did so many of you go and see this?

by Anonymousreply 6007/07/2012

Why not?

by Anonymousreply 6107/07/2012

Well, R61, don't we make fun of the fangirls who are obsessed with mindless franchises like Twilight? Why aren't we seeing more sophisticated films rather than trash like this?

by Anonymousreply 6207/07/2012

Yep, definitely Anthony Perkins 2.0

by Anonymousreply 6307/07/2012

I never cared for Tobey's squeeky voice, it was distracting at times. Andrew does a flawless American accent.

by Anonymousreply 6407/07/2012

Oooh he is an ugly

Why he wear his hair like that. He got that long ass head and then he poofy up his hair to make his head longer.

Now if it was like a penis I could see why you'd want it longer. But a head ain't no penis. Does he want people to think he's a penis head?

Coz that ain't no compliment. I wouldn't want people calling me a penis head.

He should get a proper hair cut.

But maybe he just don't care. I had me a friend like that, she wore platform shoes. I was all like no, but she did it anyway.

She looked stupid but you had to admire the fact that she didn't care.

But she did drugs so she probably did care but was high, so I don't talk to her anymore since she died.

by Anonymousreply 6507/07/2012

[quote]They may abandon any future sequels and keep it dormant for years.

Sony has to keep making Spider-Man films otherwise the rights go back to Marvel. I think it's almost a sure thing that there will be a sequel.

by Anonymousreply 6607/07/2012

Andrew Garfield rocks!!!!

by Anonymousreply 6707/07/2012

It's called charisma FYI

by Anonymousreply 6807/07/2012

He seems like such a sweet guy. I don't know if I've ever met anyone who would admit a man on man crush or say, I was in love with Jessie. I mean Jessie is adorable but how many people say straight out, I was in love with Jessie. I mean, maybe not his exact words but same idea.

by Anonymousreply 6907/07/2012

Whats that magazine hes on the cover of this month? I was at the store and was startled by how ragged looking the pic was. He maybe doesnt photograph good but wouldnt call him ugly.

by Anonymousreply 7007/07/2012

Of course Andrew does a flawless American accent, he is an American, born in Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 7107/07/2012

He's ugly and I hate his voice, but he's a decent actor.

by Anonymousreply 7207/07/2012

Nobody cares about the actor in these remakes. It is all about storyline and special FX. A living turd could be cast in the lead role and it would make little difference.

by Anonymousreply 7307/07/2012

I can't believe the jealousy that shows up here, anytime we speak about an actor who's had a success.

by Anonymousreply 7507/07/2012

[quote]he's not that well-known except to those who saw 'The Social Network'.

Didn't pretty much everybody see TSN?

The new film is definitely rated far lower than the first two on Rotten Tomatoes. I'm not interested at all and hope a sequel can be avoided still. What a waste of time, resources an screens. However I'd watch Andrew Garfield in other films, he is likable and a decent actor.

by Anonymousreply 7607/07/2012

Andrew sure whines a lot about being famous. But, then why sign up to do Spider-Man?

[quote]As the press tour for The Amazing Spider-Man hits full speed, you'd be forgiven for guessing that stars Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone have been taking cues from another blockbuster franchise couple: All of the fame-fearing interview quotes and anguished relationship denials we get on the regular from Garfield and Stone recall no one more than Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, who've trod similar territory as the leads of Twilight. In fact, the two couples' media-wary sensibilities, paranoid tendencies, and perpetual self-effacement are so similar that Vulture thought it might make for a fun quiz. Below are fifteen angst-ridden quotes to the press given by Pattinson, Stewart, Garfield, or Stone. Can you figure out who said what?

by Anonymousreply 7707/07/2012

R71, Andrew is American-British. He spent his early childhood years in America but then moved to Britain and lived there until a few years ago. He has a British accent and made his career there before becoming established in the U.S.

When asked how he identifies, he says "American-British".

by Anonymousreply 7807/07/2012

[quote]Didn't pretty much everybody see TSN?

Nope. Just an average number. It was not a blockbuster like The Lord of the Rings, and it ended up getting overshadowed at the Oscars by The King's Speech.

by Anonymousreply 7907/07/2012

Andrew plays the best Spiderman so far.

by Anonymousreply 8007/08/2012

Well it should have won, instead of The Kings Speech. Just because something comes out of England, it doesn't make it better.

by Anonymousreply 8107/08/2012

He could play a villain in a new spiderman movie and wouldn't need makeup.

by Anonymousreply 8207/08/2012

Look at this interview on British t.v., with Andrew, Jesse & Justin.

Look at Andrew's body language, way he is sitting, proximity to Jesse etc.

by Anonymousreply 8307/08/2012

I love everything about Andrew. He's smart, talented, and handsome--everything I love in a leading man.

by Anonymousreply 8407/08/2012

Who'se?

by Anonymousreply 8507/08/2012

I heard he had a fling with Garrett Hedlund, for that alone, my hats off to this guy.

by Anonymousreply 8607/08/2012

What's so special about Garrett Hedlund, R86?

by Anonymousreply 8707/08/2012

Garrett must be a top.

by Anonymousreply 8807/08/2012

More here:

by Anonymousreply 8907/08/2012

[quote]He spent his early childhood years in America but then moved to Britain and lived there until a few years ago. He has a British accent and made his career there before becoming established in the U.S.

Why does he have a British accent? Did he not talk as a child in the US? If he grew up with an American accent it doesn't automatically change once you move.

by Anonymousreply 9007/08/2012

Is he cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 9107/08/2012

Probably cut, R91, since he is of Jewish background and was born in the U.S. He has a British parent, so if he'd been born in the U.K. he would have a greater chance of being uncut.

So odds are on cut, but we'll have to await final confirmation.

by Anonymousreply 9207/08/2012

R90, it depends what age you move at. According to wikipedia he moved to Britain when he was three.

by Anonymousreply 9307/08/2012

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

by Anonymousreply 9411/10/2012

Finally saw the Spiderman reboot. Dear God, that was bad.

by Anonymousreply 9511/10/2012

OP, you remind me of Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet.

by Anonymousreply 9611/10/2012

I just watched Spiderman. He's got that whole weird movie star thing going on, where you can see what he's thinking by watching his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 9711/10/2012

I don't know why in the world alot of girls think he is cute, I think he is Butt Ugly. They think he is so cute because he is so famous, believe me, I would rather Robert Pattinson before Andrew Garfield, and believe me, Robert Pattinson it is a hard choice for me. Andrew has something weird in his mouth, it seems like he wears braces but he aint wearing them O.o

by Anonymousreply 9811/18/2012

I don't know R98. Choosing between Andrew Garfield and Robert Pattinson is a bit of a Sophie's choice.

by Anonymousreply 9911/18/2012

[quote]I don't know [R98]. Choosing between Andrew Garfield and Robert Pattinson is a bit of a Sophie's choice.

I'd hand them both over.

by Anonymousreply 10011/18/2012

LOL, why is America being invested by so many ugly Brits?

by Anonymousreply 10111/19/2012

I don't even know how Emma Stone dated or still dating him. She is gorgeous, she can find any man she wants, and I am not a lesbian but I can see how pretty Emma is. She could of found someone better looking, and by the way Andrew Garfield got so angry at us people and wrote "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" it doesn't make me angry, actually, it kinda makes me laugh xD

by Anonymousreply 10211/19/2012

[quote] R98: believe me, I would rather Robert Pattinson before Andrew Garfield, and believe me, Robert Pattinson it is a hard choice for me

[quote] R102 (same poster): She could of found someone better looking

And you could have found a decent education and a clue about how to post sensibly, little one. Please pay attention in remedial English tomorrow. Middle school is important.

by Anonymousreply 10311/19/2012

R90, it would if you moved before a certain age. Children younger than roughly 12 usually adopt the accent of wherever they move to.

by Anonymousreply 10411/19/2012

He has forceps head, looks like his lost his dentures, and has no ass. Ugly one trick pony. He'll be washed up in 5-6 years.

by Anonymousreply 10511/19/2012

Actually, he is very sexy in his little boy briefs in the Red Riding movies.

by Anonymousreply 10611/19/2012

[quote]has no ass

Are you saying his ass is still flat? Didn't it become more muscular when he worked out for Spiderman?

by Anonymousreply 10711/19/2012

What are the Red Riding movies?

by Anonymousreply 10811/19/2012

[quote]Andrew has something weird in his mouth, it seems like he wears braces but he aint wearing them O.o

Dentures, not braces.

by Anonymousreply 10911/19/2012

R108, I think they were a Mini-Series on British t.v. a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 11011/19/2012

Garfield is ugly on the inside, no question.

Call it becoming Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 11111/19/2012

I think he's cute

by Anonymousreply 11211/19/2012

I don't need a decent education, perhaps you do. I have more than 3.00 GPA in university, how would that make me a middle schooler, you are just another fustrated fan who cries whenever someone makes fun of your favorite celebrity and that's why you get angry :) sorry darling, it's the truth. And by the way, yes!!! I think Andrew is butt ugly, and we aint using grammar over here, I'm using street english because I don't use grammar unless I write an English paper, "Understood!!" now, you come back tomorrow with some more maturity and learn not to cry over celebrities, learn this, "Does Andrew care about you?" NO!!! "Will he stand for you if someone is messing with you?" NO, THEN MOVE ON!!! xD

by Anonymousreply 11311/19/2012

he'll go the Pettyfer way.

by Anonymousreply 11411/19/2012

You could easily find better looking men on any street in New York. And I say that about both Garfield and Rpatz.

Is Andrew doing anything other than Spider-Man?

by Anonymousreply 11511/20/2012

He's actually better looking in person than he is on film. His performance in Death of a Salesman makes the Alex Pettyfer comparison just seem silly.

by Anonymousreply 11611/20/2012

Why has he done so little nudity?

by Anonymousreply 11711/21/2012

He's showed us his pubes which is more than most actors have done.

by Anonymousreply 11811/21/2012

Link please, R118

by Anonymousreply 11911/22/2012

Until somebody posts a video of Andrew pole dancing in black mesh speedos, I will reverse my judgement.

by Anonymousreply 12011/22/2012

A few months ago he was on the cover of EW with the caption - Sexiest Cover Ever? No, not even close.

by Anonymousreply 12111/22/2012

Like when a store puts the words "Great Buy" on a flyer or window display, you know that it is anything buy a great buy.

by Anonymousreply 12211/22/2012

Andrew Garfield ain't got no alibi...

by Anonymousreply 12312/20/2014

I think he's talented and cute, but playing dorky characters does nothing for sex appeal. He needs to get into drama QUICKLY, not waiting until Spidey ends. He should play a gay prostitute or something. That'll portray a sexier image AND could possibly get him nominated for an award if it's against a historically important backdrop.

He could be a cute, down-on-his-luck Jewish hustler who dared to service hooded Nazi mayo launchers in order to survive. It would kind of be like the Pianist.

by Anonymousreply 12412/20/2014
Need more help? Click Here.