Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Roller Coasters

Gays seem to love them. What's the attraction?

by Anonymousreply 1305/11/2013

It's the one place they can wave their arms in the air and scream like a girl and be... normal.

by Anonymousreply 105/10/2013

The same attraction straight people have for them. They're fun.

by Anonymousreply 205/10/2013

I used to love rollercoasters but a recent visit to Magic Mountain and I have learned that my equilibruim has changed in my 50s. Everytime I tried I rollercoaster I ended up nauseous. That didn't used to happen. I guess there's a reason everyone is younger in the park.

It was sad to learn my rollercoasters days were over.

by Anonymousreply 305/10/2013

R3 I hope that never happens to me. The only time I ever felt nauseous on a coaster was one time at Great Adventure. I cant remember its name, but what really did me in was not the loops or the drops but the vibration. The ride was not smooth and the train had this real fast vibration going on which set my stomach off. Fortunately, I didn't lose it.

by Anonymousreply 405/10/2013

New roller coaster opening @ Cedar Point!

by Anonymousreply 505/10/2013

I dont know what part was more scary in R5s video. The coaster or Maria Shriver Skeletor looking face in the ad that preceded it.

by Anonymousreply 605/10/2013

Maybe it's linked to their typical love of theater and music--they crave intense stimulation in a highly controlled environment.

by Anonymousreply 705/10/2013

That happened to my rollercoaster-loving friend. We used to go once a summer, but now I have to find someone else to go.

by Anonymousreply 805/10/2013

I love Cedar Point. It's so trashy.

by Anonymousreply 905/10/2013

I only now looked at the photo in OP's link. That's pretty dangerous on a rollercoaster and could result in a Mrs. Garp moment.

by Anonymousreply 1005/10/2013

it's the guarantee that at some point you get to go down

by Anonymousreply 1105/10/2013

I grew up going to Cedar Point, loved that place. Have not been there in 20 years though

by Anonymousreply 1205/11/2013

Don't think it's really a gay thing, but for me it's just fun to get scared in a pretty much always safe way.

by Anonymousreply 1305/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!