Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Robby Benson

Did anyone see him on "The View" today? He looks great. Talked about what he's doing as of late (directing and producing episodic TV, writing books, wrote a musical that got good reviews), the heart condition that almost derailed his career early on, and how he's been married to Karla DeVito (who was in the audience) for 30 years, and that they're still madly in love. Almost made me pay less attention to today's guest co-host--my lover (in my head) Chris Cuomo. Almost.

by Anonymousreply 2402/05/2013

I saw him at Pricilla's cofeee in Toluca Lake a few years ago, and he is even better looking in person. And that VOICE.

by Anonymousreply 206/29/2012

His eyes are so crystal blue, and his hair so thick and healthy looking. And the voice is SEXY.

by Anonymousreply 306/29/2012

Still gorgeous!

by Anonymousreply 406/29/2012

Agree with R2, I met him at an after party for something new he'd done for disney's Beauty and the Beast about a year and a half ago. His hair was pretty long and had a lot of grey in it, but he was still gorgeous and even better looking in person.

by Anonymousreply 506/29/2012

I was never impressed with him, but he looks better than he ever did before. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 606/29/2012

When I start getting jowls, I'm going to grow one of those Van Dykes, too.

I still can't pull off long hair.

by Anonymousreply 706/29/2012

I always thought he sounded like a reedy mushmouth in the 70s. I'm surprised people are saying he has a sexy voice now, though I admit I haven't heard him speak since his young adult acting heyday.

by Anonymousreply 806/29/2012

by Anonymousreply 906/30/2012

reedy mushmouths are sexy though...

by Anonymousreply 1006/30/2012

He's a closeted homosexual too. I guess if you're religious it's a sin to be in the closet. Otherwise you can get up on TV and lie and it's OK

by Anonymousreply 1106/30/2012

I heard he's a Jewish boy, yes?

Second, didn't he do the voice of the Beast in Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" in 1992?

by Anonymousreply 1206/30/2012

Major gay face, even more so than Jewish looks.

But Zac Effron looks Jewish and he's not. But he does not have gay face

by Anonymousreply 1306/30/2012

Isn't Zac Efron Jewish on one side?

by Anonymousreply 1406/30/2012

Anyone remember the movie "One on One" from the 70's? Loved him and the guy who played his BFF. Annette O'Toole was the girlfriend and music was by Seals and Crofts.

by Anonymousreply 1506/30/2012

He doesn't look so hot to me. He had quite the pot belly which that clingey long sleeve T did not conceal.

by Anonymousreply 1606/30/2012

At least he doesn't have to wear a girdle, R16.

by Anonymousreply 1706/30/2012

Boy Karla DeVito looked old.....they need hair dye and a nice shirt for Robby.

by Anonymousreply 1806/30/2012

I know him (a bit). He's a warm, genuine guy. Devoted to his family. Very comfortable among us gays. He is Jewish and a real mensch. You can hear his voice squeak adorably on the OBC recording of THE ROTHSCHILDS.

by Anonymousreply 1906/30/2012

[quote]Isn't Zac Efron Jewish on one side?

No his grandfather was a quarter Jewish and since Jews run the line through the mothers, if you're mother's not a Jew you're not. So Zac's grandmother was not Jewish and his grand father was only a quarter Jew.

He's barely a Jew at all.

by Anonymousreply 2007/01/2012

So that means William's kid will be the first Jewish ruler of England?

by Anonymousreply 2107/01/2012

R15, I loved that guy who played his roommate and inadvertently fucked him up by giving him uppers and downers; loved it when he carried him into the shower.

I don't think that actor worked much after that movie, but he was perfectly cast as that big buddy many want as their college roommate.

by Anonymousreply 2207/01/2012

Whoever said Zac Efron's grandfather was "only a quarter Jew"? Zac's grandfather was (is still possibly?) 100% Jewish, the son of Polish Jewish immigrants. So Zac Efron is "25% Jewish" for lack of a better way to put it.

Yes, Robby, who is 100% Jewish himself, does look like Zac. There are a lot of Jews who have or had this look, like Logan Lerman, Tony Curtis, Alden Ehrenreich, etc., who are all fully Jewish, too.

by Anonymousreply 2302/05/2013

Kate m isn't Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 2402/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!