Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte

No apparent partner of either sex. Can you imagine an unmarried prime minister in the UK or president in the United States?

Dutch DLers, what's his deal? Asexual? Closeted gay?

by Anonymousreply 3612/30/2012

I'd hit it- he's got that calm, soft spoken look - and then takes off his glasses, and is a freak in bed. They're the best lovers - the quiet ones who suprise you with their freak level.

by Anonymousreply 106/26/2012

It's a center-right party, but in the NL that won't really point towards lifestyle like it might in North America.

I'll do my research and get back to ya

by Anonymousreply 206/26/2012

he apparently already resigned, silly (and silly for me not remembering)

brought about in part by that right-wing cunt Geert WIlders

by Anonymousreply 306/26/2012

Canada had a bachelor Prime Minister for a few years in the late 60's/early 70's before Pierre Trudeau got married.

by Anonymousreply 406/26/2012

"Can you imagine an unmarried prime minister in the UK or president in the United States?"

by Anonymousreply 506/26/2012

Edward Heath was UK Prime Minister in the 70s, so yes.

by Anonymousreply 606/26/2012

True, R6. But he was not an important Prime Minister, and he didn't last long, did he. He was a failure and was overshadowed by his successor.

by Anonymousreply 706/26/2012

He has all the charisma and statesmanlike allure of a KPMG accountant, but that's the type of politician that gets votes during these times of "austerity."

by Anonymousreply 806/27/2012

He's just a child man refusing to grow up and get a wife. If he was gay I don't think it would be such a big deal for the dutch because they consider those matters private affair but for the world oh dear all the drama a gay PM weheee something to be stared and gawked at.

and that cunt Geert Wilders somebody must be voting for him or else he wouldn't be here. this next election will tell if he's here to stay or he is just a fad.

by Anonymousreply 906/27/2012

Australia's Prime Minister is a woman who has never been married, lives in sin with her partner (a former hairdresser) and is a professed atheist. Top that.

by Anonymousreply 1006/27/2012

r10, it will be at least another 30 years before someone like that could be president of the US.

by Anonymousreply 1106/27/2012

Wikipedia says he wanted to be a concert pianist originally, then went into corporate human resources, both fields with more than their fair share of the gays.

by Anonymousreply 1206/27/2012

[quote]Australia's Prime Minister is a woman who has never been married, lives in sin with her partner (a former hairdresser) and is a professed atheist. Top that.

Wait, Gillard is an atheist and she's STILL against marriage equality?

That's got to be some tortured logic.

by Anonymousreply 1306/27/2012

He's very cute in that Dutch way.

by Anonymousreply 1406/27/2012

Rutte does not kiss men on their facial lips, but will not comment about any other lips on their body. He says he doesn't have time for sex and takes care of those needs by himself, usually while working on his computer. He credits Dragon Speech software for making all this possible.

by Anonymousreply 1506/27/2012

Not exactly Pim Fortuyn, who would brag about the Muslim boys he'd fucked.

Of course, he was assassinated.

by Anonymousreply 1806/27/2012

There was a media shitstorm a few years ago when a commentator outted Edward Heath for his cruising. Of other bisexual UK Prime Ministers, Harold Macmiiian has never been outted except by (incredibly) Julian Clary during his BBC game show Sticky Moments when he mentioned his frequenting of Londons old turkish bath and referenced his gay nickname!

Lord Rosebery has been repeatedly outed, especially in relation to his affair with the brother of Oscar Wilde's lover, but as this was in the 1890's it's not exactly hot news.

by Anonymousreply 1906/27/2012

[quote]What's "that Dutch way"

I find the Dutch to have a subtle, but distinct eye shape. Slightly pulled out.

by Anonymousreply 2006/27/2012

R19, here's a link to an article (with some pretty pictures) about the old Turkish baths in London's Jermyn Street. It mentions Macmillan and also some closeted actors of the time, including Alec Guinness and Rock Hudson.

by Anonymousreply 2106/28/2012

He's ugly so who cares

by Anonymousreply 2206/29/2012

He's cute in a dorky way. I'm convinced Julia Gillard is a closeted dyke. Google pics of her with former NSW premier Kristina Kenneally, They were always all over each other like cheap perfume. You felt like telling them to get a room.

by Anonymousreply 2306/29/2012

[quote]He's cute in a dorky way

No he's not. What part of 'no, he's ugly' did you have trouble understanding.

by Anonymousreply 2406/29/2012

by Anonymousreply 2512/30/2012

Julia Gillard is not a dyke. She just endured months of innuendo and smear about an old boyfriend who turned out to be a fraudster.

by Anonymousreply 2612/30/2012

Graham Chapman (of Monty Python) claimed to have had sex with Edward Heath, so said Michael Palin in an interview I saw once.

Julia Gillard's pro Marriage Act stance is the great mystery of the age.

by Anonymousreply 2712/30/2012

Elio Di Rupo the PM of Belgium is gay. Yes,he's of Italian descent but he has committed one sin,he speaks shitty Dutch! Sixty percent of the population is Flemish so you'd think they'd have someone who could speak the language. It's fabulous that he's gay BUT embarrassing that he can't speak "Flemish". It's like a Canadian PM from Quebec not speaking English....

by Anonymousreply 2812/30/2012

Julia Gillard is not even a native born Australian!She's Welsh and immigrated to Australia when she was young. Her nickname is the Pommie Commie.I don't understand why she is in the closet and why she's against marriage equality either.Aussies are so cool about gay culture and the like.

Yes, I know that there is no prohibition against a foreign born PM in Australia BUT a lot of people over there don't like that about her. Can you imagine France having a foreign born President or PM? Or Britain having one? Or even Canada?

by Anonymousreply 2912/30/2012

Tony Abbott, who is the Opposition Leader in Australia, was also born in the UK. Worse, he's a committed Catholic. A lot of people don't like Julia (whose derisive nickname is "Juliar" not "Pommie Commie" (she's Welsh and, therefore, not a Pom who are English), but no one cares that she was born in the UK. We're xenophobes, but not against the British. Asians and Abos are the problem to began Australians.

by Anonymousreply 3012/30/2012

R30 My folks there call her the Pommie Commie! Poms can be British too not just English.My grandfather was called a pommie and he was Scottish and Welsh from Cardiff. That's why Kiwis are called South Sea Poms, not everybody there is descended solely from The English.There's a rivalry in sports between England and Australia. It's playful but there is resentment just ask an Irish Australian about how much they love the English and The Queen!Yeah the Abos and the Asian people are not beloved I must agree.

by Anonymousreply 3112/30/2012

Well, I live in Australia and have never once heard her referred to as a "Pommie Commie". And New Zealanders are never referred to as "South Sea Poms".

by Anonymousreply 3212/30/2012

What the hell is a Pom?

by Anonymousreply 3312/30/2012

POM= Prisoner Of Mother England. Oz slang for Brits.

by Anonymousreply 3412/30/2012

Julia Gillard looks like Jodie Foster. Maybe that's the lesbian association.

by Anonymousreply 3512/30/2012

I think he's cute. Well groomed. Nice blue eyes.

by Anonymousreply 3612/30/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!